Best Next Gen System?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) 8 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Best Next Gen System? (124 votes)

PC - The obvious choice for real gamers - the only true next gen system with brute force power, the world largest game library and 100% backwards compatibility 32%
PS4 - The best alternative to a true next gen system (PC) 44%
Xbox One - A low bandwidth media hub / Soccer Mom's best friend 11%
WiiU - Worst console ever with extremely crappy hardware, overly expensive games with a boring and limited library 6%
OUYA - 100% Pure Masochism 2%
Other 4%

Which do you prefer and why?

#1 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I don't understand why people equate PC with a "true next gen" experience. Why? Because you can get better specs? What about gameplay? Oh wait, most developers are making games for consoles in mind :|

#2 Posted by pelvist (4466 posts) -

You answered your won question with the poll choices.

#3 Edited by _Matt_ (8756 posts) -

Wii U,

most innovative system, best hardware, best reliability, best games,...

I can't do it anymore, sorry, just can't keep a straight face.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

Biased poll is biased.

#5 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Your bias is sickeningly obvious.

#6 Posted by FinalFighters (1313 posts) -

@pelvist said:

You answered your won question with the poll choices.

lol This

#7 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman leans back and stretches. "Silly men and their trap polls. What will be even sillier, is when herms come begging again, for another gen, for ports of console games."

#8 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Your ability to understand yet alone make a objective poll is broken.

Edit - even with your crap poll at 23.15 the pc is behind the ps4.

#9 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

PS4 - for gamers, by gamers.

The Sony way.

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3223 posts) -

Wii U.

#11 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

PS4, best combination of Price/Power/Third Party/First party/Japanese/Indie/Online/Value.

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

Wii U.

#13 Edited by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -
#14 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Wii U,

most innovative system, best hardware, best reliability, best games,...

I can't do it anymore, sorry, just can't keep a straight face.

lol nice reply. i like it!

:)

#15 Posted by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -
#16 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

except PC

PC is so good that you've spent over 5 hours playing Hand of Kul with me today :p

#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

PC.

Everybody with a functioning brain knows why because it's obvious.

#18 Posted by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

except PC

PC is so good that you've spent over 5 hours playing Hand of Kul with me today :p

shut it!

I got a half hour before the game starts to enjoy some arkham origins. :P

#19 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3223 posts) -
#20 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

shut it!

I got a half hour before the game starts to enjoy some arkham origins. :P

5 hours playing a F2P game on a console. And about 30 minutes playing the next installment of your beloved superhero on your PC.

:wutos:

Ascend: Hand of Kul. GOTY 2013 :drops:

#21 Posted by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

If you gunna make a poll, make a poll.

Don't just troll

#22 Edited by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -

5 hours playing a F2P game on a console. And about 30 minutes playing the next installment of your beloved superhero on your PC.

Ascend: Hand of Kul. GOTY 2013

Clearly, I need to stop playing games with you.

#23 Posted by Darth-Samus (3995 posts) -

This is the most pitiful poll I've ever seen. You've infused your own opinion into every...stinking...waste of an answer you created. How pathetic. You should be embarrassed.

To answer the question (without participating in your child's plaything of poll) the Wii u is what I'm thinking will remain my system of choice among the next generation consoles. However I think that all three will offer something great that i will enjoy which is why I will purchase and support all three (and PC) equally.

Because that's how real gamers act. For an example of gamer who isn't real, may i refer you to the poll created for this thread.

#24 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

you can call the x1 a " Soccer Mom's best friend " but we all know the x1 will provide that true next gen experience in features AND playing games BEYOND just using that same thing we been using for last 20 years

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

Clearly, I need to stop playing games with you.

Haha :p

If it weren't for me, you wouldn't know about the GOTY2013 F2P game made by Signal Studios, that also did the critically acclaimed Toy Soldiers series, Ascend: Hand of Kul masterpiece.

#26 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

Don't just troll

those are all 100% accurate descriptions of each system. xbox one, wiiu and ouya fanboys are out of luck next gen.

#27 Edited by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -

Haha :p

If it weren't for me, you wouldn't know about the GOTY2013 F2P game made by Signal Studios, that also did the critically acclaimed Toy Soldiers series, Ascend: Hand of Kul masterpiece.

I cant put such high praise on a game that hates me so much.

#28 Edited by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

Don't just troll

those are all 100% accurate descriptions of each system. xbox one, wiiu and ouya fanboys are out of luck next gen.

100% biased

#29 Edited by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

I cant put such high praise on a game that hates me so much.

It's hardcore like that. For the elite. None of that stupid auto-aim GTAV bullshit.

True gamers like us. No stimulus package. You want credits? Fucking buy them with real money.

#30 Posted by wolverine4262 (18795 posts) -

It's hardcore like that. For the elite. None of that stupid auto-aim GTAV bullshit.

True gamers like us. No stimulus package. You want credits? Fucking buy them with real money.

Perhaps too hardcore for a simple PC gamer like me.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (42609 posts) -

I'm casting my neutral biased opinion on PS4, I feel Sony got it right with the by gamers for gamers mantra it's following.

#32 Edited by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

Perhaps too hardcore for a simple PC gamer like me.

Guess Arkham Orgins will have to do :p

#33 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8574 posts) -

It is entirely too early to properly gauge this... Having said that, for consoles, Wii U has the most promising announced/released library at the moment by far. However, I fully predict the PS4 will be the best choice a couple years down the line with strong 3rd party support.

#34 Edited by raging_user (379 posts) -

if you're not feeding off your parents and working at the mall

a good PC is always the best choice

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (45737 posts) -

virtual boy

#36 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

virtual boy

dude. you're supposed to vote "other" if you vote for virtual boy.

#37 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Considering the PC doesn't have generations I went with PS4, although I plan on owning each of consoles as I Usually do.

#38 Posted by xxyetixx (1205 posts) -

PC is it's own entity it's been around for every gen it's not next gen, it's just an upgradable gaming machine that will always be. As for next gen consoles we won't know what the best choice is for at least 6 months to a year in, the quality non bias decisions can be made!

#39 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
#40 Edited by GhoX (4653 posts) -

@mrintro said:

I don't understand why people equate PC with a "true next gen" experience. Why? Because you can get better specs? What about gameplay? Oh wait, most developers are making games for consoles in mind :|

The best games on consoles are composed almost entirely of multiplats. Besides, there are PC games with innovative and unique gameplay console games simply couldn't achieve due to the limitation of their controls or strictness of policies. PS4 is a step forward in terms of policies, but that's merely the first step which the PC platform has taken since its very birth.

#41 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5060 posts) -
#42 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -
#43 Edited by blamix99 (1537 posts) -

PS4>PC>WII.U>Xbone

#44 Posted by YD_11 (1571 posts) -

If you don't care for PC gaming (I prefer consoles even though I do play on my PC every now and then), the most next gen system is the X1 imo. I don't enjoy kb/mouse and I like sitting on the couch with my big screen.

The ps4 is essentially the ps3 with better graphics. The X1 offers more bang for your buck

#45 Edited by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

My systems of choice are the Wii U and the XBone. I already have a Wii U and have the XBone preordered for Day One.

I like the Wii U for its exclusive franchises, such as Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

I like the XBone for its exclusives such as Ryse: Son of Rome and Forza Motorsport 5, as well as multi plats. I'm also excited to try Kinect, as I've never tried it. I'm also looking forward to the next Halo.

As for the PS4, there's just nothing on it that interests me.

#46 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5681 posts) -

PS4

#47 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

PCs don't have gens.

Obvious answer is PS4.

#48 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

PCs don't have gens.

Obvious answer is PS4.

PC is continual next gen. always ahead of everything else and never behind.

#49 Posted by speedfog (2852 posts) -

PC, the games are cheaper, mods fuctionality, almost EVERY next gen game is coming on it, with even BETER graphics then the PS4/XBONE version. Deal with it.

#50 Posted by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

I'm gonna do something completely bat shit crazy and actually wait until the consoles are on the market with plenty of games to choose from, then i'll judge.