3. Metroid Fusion
  4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  5. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  6. Metroid: Other M
  7. Metroid Prime: Hunters
  8. Metroid
  9. Metroid II: Return of Samus
#1 Edited by Litchie (16226 posts) -

It's impossible for me to choose between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Both are pretty much flawless.

#2 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

Metroid: Other M needs to be with the pile of ET cartridges in New Mexico and never to be spoken again. I love Prime more than Super Metroid and Echoes rank 3rd under Super Metroid.

#3 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

Best 3 in order:

1. Super

2. Prime 2: echoes

3. Prime

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6918 posts) -

Other M of course. One of the greatest games of all time.

#5 Edited by charizard1605 (55984 posts) -

Prime.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

I would pick Prime.

#7 Edited by freedomfreak (39125 posts) -

I'd probably go with Prime.

Haven't played too many Metroid games though.

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3467 posts) -

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14942 posts) -

Prime 2 Echoes is the best.

#10 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5297 posts) -

C'mon people! Super is better! D:

#11 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

I haven't played any Metroid game released before the Prime series, I will one day though...

Even then, I don't know if anything will surpass the first Metroid Prime. I have almost no complaints about it. I wonder if Super Metroid is on 3DS... people talk about that game like it's the sht.

edit: I also GREATLY enjoyed Hunters online. I got soooo good at Sylux, I miss the nights I would play all night. :P

#12 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Metroid fusion was the best for me :)

I personally thought echoes was better than prime though.

#13 Edited by nini200 (9587 posts) -

Super

#14 Posted by mexicangordo (8632 posts) -

Though I would probably say Prime is the best, here is my favorite of the list.

1 Prime 2
2 Prime
3 Super Metroid
4 Metroid Fusion
5 Metroid
6 Metroid other M
7. Prime 3
8. Hunters
9. Metroid 2

The only flat out bad game in the series are Metroid 2 and Hunters. Besides that even Other M was enjoyable. Fantastic series.

#15 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5297 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Metroid Dread.

#16 Edited by Sword-Demon (6963 posts) -
  1. Prime
  2. Super
  3. Fusion
  4. Echoes
  5. Corruption
  6. Metroid / ZM
  7. Other M
  8. Hunters
  9. Metroid II
#17 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Other M is total garbage just like Selena Gomez. If the REAL Selena was alive, she would have kicked her arse

#18 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5297 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Other M is total garbage just like Selena Gomez. If the REAL Selena was alive, she would have kicked her arse

You mean Samus? You know the Other M Samus is closer to her real personality based on the canon manga than the one Prime fanboys create?

#19 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Metroid Prime is spectacular. Probably perfect, actually.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

You mean Samus? You know the Other M Samus is closer to her real personality based on the canon manga than the one Prime fanboys create?

Lol. "She was crap in the manga no one read so that makes it ok for her to be crap in the game too!"

Samus is a badass, across many games, Other M was just sad for her.

#20 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5297 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Lol. "She was crap in the manga no one read so that makes it ok for her to be crap in the game too!"

And she was badass in that game too (when Ridley appeared she had a PTSD episode from killing him already for good in Super, but she started to fight back. This doesn't satisfy me at all, but it happened). We actually never knew her personality.

Not to mention this game was made for the japanese audience. The fact that "no one" read the manga is irrelevant.

#21 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

Gonna have to say Super Metroid. I played it for the first time only a few years ago and I have to say, the game is a bona fide masterpiece. It's pretty great in just about every respect. Only issue is the back tracking on occasion but apart from that I can't find too much wrong with it.

I wish Nintendo would announce another Metroid game.

#22 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -

The Prime Trilogy version of Echoes.

#23 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Way to misunderstood my post, I was referring to the Late Selena vs Selena Gomez to him and going off-topic

Also, I could care less about the manga's and what Sakamoto think's what Samus should be. Story shouldn't even be the important factor of the Metroid series. The Manga was made to do fan service and sell merchandise, also conflicted on who was the true leader of the space pirates between Ridley and Mother Brain.

#24 Posted by CrumUnderMe (195 posts) -

i would like to say metroid fusion is. aside that HORRIBLE gravity boss it was an amazing game with a slick art style, tons of rooms to explore, a actual story

#25 Edited by jg4xchamp (47306 posts) -
  1. Metroid Prime
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  4. Metroid Zero Mission
  5. Metroid Fusion
  6. Metroid Pinball
  7. Metroid Other M
  8. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  9. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
  10. Metroid Prime Hunters

8; down is fuck that game territory. Corruption I'm at least willing to accept as a good game(a bastard child, but a good game), but the last 2 are bad games.

#26 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6918 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

lolz

#27 Posted by WAJ (730 posts) -

I have so much love for Super Metroid beyond the nostalgia but Prime utterly blew me away when it was released. I recently started playing through it again (trilogy version) and honestly, it hasn't lost any of its appeal. Not only does it rank at the top of this list for me, but imho it's one of the finest if not THE finest game ever created.

#28 Posted by sibu_xgamer (330 posts) -

It seems there are many young people here who never played Super Metroid. Otherwise that would be winning.

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -

Super Metroid followed by Fusion.

#30 Posted by WAJ (730 posts) -

It seems there are many young people here who never played Super Metroid. Otherwise that would be winning.

Disagree. Super is monumental but Prime gets my vote. I'm 36.

#31 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15968 posts) -

Super Metroid by a nose, but Metroid Prime was damn good.

#32 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

Nope, I was old enough playing Super Metroid! While it was one of my favorite SNES games, it was surpassed by Metroid Prime as Retro Studios has done a phenomenal job keeping the core Metroid gameplay when it transition to a full 3D world. Having to see the world in Samus Aran's eyes was pure genius as you were able to feel being isolated and its atmosphere and also brought great ambiance to keep you immerse. It was a Gamecube experience that I love and cherish more than Super Metroid.

#33 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Across what games exactly? She's barely had any sort of character development at all throughout the series, outside of maybe a small handful of subtle moments. The only games that bothered to give a look into Samus's character were Fusion and Other M.

I like Samus and all, I just wouldn't associate lack of any sort of character development with bad-assery.

#34 Edited by Seabas989 (10103 posts) -

I will also go with Metroid Prime. Second best game ever made.

#35 Edited by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

MetriodPrime 2 Echoes

#36 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Fusion.

Prime was the worst thing to happen to the series. I prefer no metroid release, than having to go through that shit fps nonsense again.

#37 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Fusion.

Prime was the worst thing to happen to the series. I prefer no metroid release, than having to go through that shit fps nonsense again.

LOL wut? The FPS camera is what helped the series evolved! I can't imagine Metroid going 3rd Person! Fusion was the start of the series downfall.

#38 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

Across what games exactly? She's barely had any sort of character development at all throughout the series, outside of maybe a small handful of subtle moments. The only games that bothered to give a look into Samus's character were Fusion and Other M.

I like Samus and all, I just wouldn't associate lack of any sort of character development with bad-assery.

And those games is what started the declination of Metroid

#39 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@locopatho said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Prime.

Other M is fantastic.

And those games is what started the declination of Metroid

I wouldn't agree with that. I found Fusion to be very good and to be a nice take on Metroid. And even if I thought Other M was bad (which I don't think it is), it's not like it would have been the only disappointment in the franchise's recent. i found Hunters to be pretty mediocre (though to be fair I never really bothered with its online multiplayer), and Metroid prime 3, while an alright game by itself, was pretty disappointing compared to the original prime and Echoes.

And there's the fact that fusion and Other M released very far apart from eachother. Between both games we had Prime, Echoes, and Zero Mission, and these games were great. So saying there was some decline started by both these games, when they weren't even anywhere close to being released in the same time frame, is silly to me.

#40 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Fusion.

LOL wut? The FPS camera is what helped the series evolved! I can't imagine Metroid going 3rd Person! Fusion was the start of the series downfall.

Fusion was the series at it's peak. Superior to Super Metroid in every way.The game just doesn't work mechanicly in fps. Terrible boss fights, and slow ass samus was the downfall. No amounts of lols thrown in well help your piss poor case.

#41 Posted by BranKetra (48117 posts) -

Metroid Fusion is a perfect game. Metroid Prime is nearly flawless, and Super Metroid is ,too.

Fusion>Prime>Super

#42 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

1. Echoes

2. Prime

3. Super

(Hate having to compare the Prime series to Super though)

#43 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8623 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

Fusion.

Fusion was the series at it's peak. Superior to Super Metroid in every way.The game just doesn't work mechanicly in fps. Terrible boss fights, and slow ass samus was the downfall. No amounts of lols thrown in well help your piss poor case.

Fusion was not at its peak, it was a lot shorter and the dialogue was a complete drag. Adam was a joke as a supporting character and Sakamoto thought he could try to make Metroid more "Artistic" that way. Sure Prime seemed slow, but those accolades something different! You're not forced to complete the game in 100 percent nor force to read all the dialogue and scan everything. Boss fights in Prime were top notch, don't know where you thought they were bad as they were more original than Fusions.

#44 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4753 posts) -

Super Metroid.

I played Prime first, so it's not even a nostalgia driven answer. Super Metroid is just that bad ass, but I do hold Prime at a very close 2nd.

And if you're wondering how I missed out on Super in it's day, I just wasn't a fan of the NES titles and figured Super would leave the same impression.

#45 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

Fusion.

Fusion was not at its peak, it was a lot shorter and the dialogue was a complete drag. Adam was a joke as a supporting character and Sakamoto thought he could try to make Metroid more "Artistic" that way. Sure Prime seemed slow, but those accolades something different! You're not forced to complete the game in 100 percent nor force to read all the dialogue and scan everything. Boss fights in Prime were top notch, don't know where you thought they were bad as they were more original than Fusions.

Don't kid yourself. Prime didn't "seem" slow, it was slow, and top notch is not what I would use to describe the boss fights in that game. It's clear now, you're trolling me. Fusion is a masterpiece.

The boss fights were below average. Platforming was the only redeemable aspect of Prime.

#46 Edited by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

Super >>>>>>>>>>> Echoes > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Corruption > Other M > Metroid > Metroid II > Hunters

I haven't played Pinball.

My list is generated by hundreds, and possibly thousands of hours invested in the game series (aside from NES Metroid, II and Hunters). Super is the epitome of what the series is defined as, nearly perfect in all regards (one of the games closest to that point) and the others merely built on what Super achieved. There is no way anyone can say any of the other games are "better" than Super, but they can certainly prefer them.

#47 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Super >>>>>>>>>>> Echoes > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Corruption > Other M > Metroid > Metroid II > Hunters

My list is generated by hundreds, and possibly thousands of hours invested in the game series (aside from NES Metroid, II and Hunters). Super is the epitome of what the series is defined as, nearly perfect in all regards (one of the games closest to that point) and the others merely built on what Super achieved. There is no way anyone can say any of the other games are "better" than Super, but they can certainly prefer them.

The controls alone make it better than Super. Feels slow, and clunky.

#48 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -

Echoes and Prime are better than Super Metroid. That wasn't hard.

The gameplay is better in Fusion and Zero Mission too.

#49 Posted by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

That is factually incorrect. Sorry.

#50 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

@foxhound_fox said:

That is factually incorrect. Sorry.

It's just as factual as your gushing preference for Super Metroid.