Best Hitman Game?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) 4 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Best Hitman Game?. (21 votes)

Hitman Codename 47 10%
Hitman 2 14%
Hitman Contracts 5%
Hitman Blood Money 33%
Hitman Absolution 38%

So PPLS, which hitman game is best? out of 5 games?

to me Hitman 2 in a term of experience and soundtrack

Contracts in a term dark gritty atmosphere that fits with game

Blood Money in a term of Gameplay and level design

#1 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

Hitman 2, Blood Money and Absolution are my favourites.

I would vote for Hitman 2 but I voted on Absolution because it's a SNIPER thread.

#2 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

when i click vote button it say woops something happened and we are working. is anyone else has same problem??

#3 Posted by toast_burner (21285 posts) -

I really like the atmosphere of Hitman Contracts. That's the way the series should have went. Blood Money improved the gameplay so I'd go with that.

What I want with the next Hitman is for it to have the design of Blood Money and the atmosphere of Contracts. That would be perfect.

#4 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I really like the atmosphere of Hitman Contracts.

the last mission hunter and hunted was so awesome. i love how even entire SWAT team cant capture 47 throughout the whole game.

thats why 47 is my ideal role model in gaming. so badass, cool.

#5 Posted by voljin1987 (682 posts) -

i guess i am one of the few who enjoyed absolution then

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25610 posts) -

The Last of Us

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (38644 posts) -

Probably Blood Money.

#8 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

Hitman Absolution sucked.

#9 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

TLoU and the Uncharted series.

SNIPER/uninspiredcup, your opinion please.

#10 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

im not uninspired cup we are different users.

#11 Posted by immortality20 (7955 posts) -

My favourite is the new one, I enjoyed it very much. Don't see what all the hate was about, I thought there was many challenging ways you can go about the mission, but also accessible to other players. Can't wait to see what the next-gen version is like, maybe we'll see at 2015 E3.

#12 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -
#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6535 posts) -

None of them. All are bad. Older Splinter Cells are better in every way.

#14 Edited by locopatho (20112 posts) -

Hitman 2 has my favourite missions but Blood Money has the best gameplay.

Absolution was a disappointing sequel. I wasn't totally surprised, after io Interactive spent most of the gen making Kane And Lynch and Mini Ninjas :/

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Please give your opinion about Deus Ex: The fall

#16 Posted by DrRockso87 (2504 posts) -

I really like the atmosphere of Hitman Contracts. That's the way the series should have went. Blood Money improved the gameplay so I'd go with that.

What I want with the next Hitman is for it to have the design of Blood Money and the atmosphere of Contracts. That would be perfect.

All of this! Hitman: Blood Money has the best controls in the series but Hitman: Contracts is the most atmospheric. Nothing, in my opinion, beats "The Meat King's Party", "Beldingford Manor", "Traditions of the Trade" and "Hunter and Hunted". Some missions like Hitman 2's "Invitation to a Party" and Hitman: Blood Money's "A New Life" but overall I think Hitman: Contracts is the best.

#17 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

its a crappy mobile game so i havenot played it.

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

its a crappy mobile game so i havenot played it.

You are missing out

#19 Posted by evildead6789 (7261 posts) -

hitman 1 by far, silent assasins was pretty good too

the rest is crap, absolution is just plain disrespectfull.

#20 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I voted on Absolution because it's a SNIPER thread.

#21 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

Casual movie games, watch them on youtube

#22 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3334 posts) -

Gears of War 3.

#23 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

MGS > Splinter Cell > Hitman

#24 Edited by cfisher2833 (1540 posts) -

That's fucking stupid. No MGS game has ever come close to Chaos Theory in terms of gameplay. If your primary interest is the story, then maybe, although I personally think Kojima's story telling abilities are sub-anime/comic book level. And neither franchise (MGS or Splinter Cell) is even remotely similar to Hitman unless you're counting Absolution, which you shouldn't because no one else does.

Now for best Hitman....nostalgia wise it'd be Hitman 2 for me, but going back to play that, you really notice the flaws. Contracts is a far better experience altogether, even if many of the missions are just rehashes. Blood Money had the best levels, but I thought it went a bit too easy on the detection scale. I like Contracts detection most of all--it doesn't have the ridiculousness of Hitman 2, where guards will instantly shoot you if you run for a second, yet isn't as easy as Blood Money, where you could do just about anything before a guard gets suspicious. There's elements I like of all of them, but Blood Money was probably the most polished, holistically best Hitman game.

#25 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

That's fucking stupid. No MGS game has ever come close to Chaos Theory in terms of gameplay. If your primary interest is the story, then maybe, although I personally think Kojima's story telling abilities are sub-anime/comic book level. And neither franchise (MGS or Splinter Cell) is even remotely similar to Hitman unless you're counting Absolution, which you shouldn't because no one else does.

Now for best Hitman....nostalgia wise it'd be Hitman 2 for me, but going back to play that, you really notice the flaws. Contracts is a far better experience altogether, even if many of the missions are just rehashes. Blood Money had the best levels, but I thought it went a bit too easy on the detection scale. I like Contracts detection most of all--it doesn't have the ridiculousness of Hitman 2, where guards will instantly shoot you if you run for a second, yet isn't as easy as Blood Money, where you could do just about anything before a guard gets suspicious. There's elements I like of all of them, but Blood Money was probably the most polished, holistically best Hitman game.

You must hit your head or something cause MGS3 says hi, even then you can add MGS5 GZ to that list, even though it's short as hell it has the best gameplay in the series.

#26 Posted by joehult (361 posts) -

Anyone voting absolution is a contrarian pos that need to jump off a bridge.

#27 Posted by quakke (166 posts) -

H:BM

#28 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

HItman contracts main theme. silent assassins make a decision theme and blood money appocalapse theme were just art of music. i mean they were so damn amazing!!.

#29 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10172 posts) -

Silent Assassin, no contest.

#30 Posted by cfisher2833 (1540 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

You must hit your head or something cause MGS3 says hi, even then you can add MGS5 GZ to that list, even though it's short as hell it has the best gameplay in the series.

Ground Zeroes is too much like Conviction era Splinter Cell and the older MGS games--while good--were limited by their line of sight style stealth, which pales in comparison to line of sight+light/dark+volume of sound stealth of Chaos Theory. There's a reason Chaos Theory is known as a stealth simulator. The only game to ever rival the stealth mechanics of Chaos Theory is Mark of the Ninja.

#31 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
#32 Edited by Vatusus (4338 posts) -

For me its

Absolution > Blood Money > Silent Assassin > Contracts > Codename 47

And yes, I played and beat them all, believe it or not

#33 Posted by Vatusus (4338 posts) -

@joehult said:

Anyone voting absolution is a contrarian pos that need to jump off a bridge.

And you're a mentally challenged idiot who cannot accept other opinion than his own

#34 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

For me its

Absolution > Blood Money > Silent Assassin > Contracts > Codename 47

And yes, I played and beat them all, believe it or not

Nah, if you like Absolution it must mean that was the first Hitman game you've ever played.

Joking ofcourse, I've played all the entries in the series like you and would rate Absolution highly too. It did have some problems, but most people judge it way too hard. It's as much a stealth game or shooter (if your want to play it like that) as any previous game in the series was.

#35 Edited by harry_james_pot (10294 posts) -

Blood Money > Silent Assassin > Contracts > Codename 47 > every game in existence >>>>>>>>>>> Absolution.

#36 Posted by ChronosChris (143 posts) -

I loved Hitman 2's soundtrack but the game feels a bit dated now. I think Blood Money is my favorite. The new one just doesn't have the same Hitman feel.