Best Ending/Worst Ending this generation... *Spoilers galore*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Oh yeah, there were a lot of main characters who didn't get closure (I love your sig btw), but the simple way the endings were done with [spoiler] the live scenes with Adam Jensen's voiceover [/spoiler] felt incredibly powerful in its own way. They allowed a pseudo-fourth wall approach that allows us to see what the various endings are done in the main world. I'll edit my post to the actual endings themselves, rather than how you get to them or the events leading up to them (because there were quite a few unexplained things). Then again, I am biased a little because I'm friends with Jensen's voice actor on Facebook.

Thanks for the compliment :) [spoiler] And I did like the little movies with the voiceover, but maybe they could have had that AND some cutscenes to close things. I just hope hey improve on this for the next Deus Ex game, though that might be quite a long way down the road. Oddly enough, the Deus Ex game with the best endings is Invisible War as each ending showed a different type of extreme government and they were all kind of depressing. Deus Ex HR's endings were more hopeful (except the Illuminati one) and the endings of the original game I think were just there to be there, I didn't exactly like them despite Deus Ex being my favourite game. [/spoiler]
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] why!?!? your a huge ME nerd man! you were an officer in the union! I played it at launch and wrote the review for a website I was working for, then didnt touch it for months so Id get a fresh perspective and it was even better the second time through... its those characters man, they grab you. I think youll thank me if you play it again.

hehe. Im kinda flattered that you know all that about me haha.... Yeah, the game is fantastic for 95% and then the ride comes crashing to a halt. There was always some sense of grounded reality to the series and the end just made the whole thing a joke for me. Maybe some day I can reconcile with it, idk... I took the story and the world seriously.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Best: ME1 and Hotline Miami

Worst: ME3 and AC1

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] I just cannot bring myself to play it again.LegatoSkyheart

why!?!? your a huge ME nerd man! you were an officer in the union! I played it at launch and wrote the review for a website I was working for, then didnt touch it for months so Id get a fresh perspective and it was even better the second time through... its those characters man, they grab you. I think youll thank me if you play it again.

15 minutes was enough to ruin 180 hours.

See I understand the whole choices not mattering but I really do not think the ending is near as bad as many make it out to be. I think in many ways the ending is very good.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 wolverine4262
See I understand the whole choices not mattering but I really do not think the ending is near as bad as many make it out to be. I think in many ways the ending is very good. CanYouDiglt
The god baby is beyond stupid.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] why!?!? your a huge ME nerd man! you were an officer in the union! I played it at launch and wrote the review for a website I was working for, then didnt touch it for months so Id get a fresh perspective and it was even better the second time through... its those characters man, they grab you. I think youll thank me if you play it again.

hehe. Im kinda flattered that you know all that about me haha.... Yeah, the game is fantastic for 95% and then the ride comes crashing to a halt. There was always some sense of grounded reality to the series and the end just made the whole thing a joke for me. Maybe some day I can reconcile with it, idk... I took the story and the world seriously.

I was in the union with you bro.... ;) its all about perspective. It meany more to me to share a moment with liara or garrus before the final fight than any ending was ever going to provide... i wanted to save the ones i cared about, how didnt bother me. I was the shepard....
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#57 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Oh yeah, there were a lot of main characters who didn't get closure (I love your sig btw), but the simple way the endings were done with [spoiler] the live scenes with Adam Jensen's voiceover [/spoiler] felt incredibly powerful in its own way. They allowed a pseudo-fourth wall approach that allows us to see what the various endings are done in the main world. I'll edit my post to the actual endings themselves, rather than how you get to them or the events leading up to them (because there were quite a few unexplained things). Then again, I am biased a little because I'm friends with Jensen's voice actor on Facebook.

Thanks for the compliment :) [spoiler] And I did like the little movies with the voiceover, but maybe they could have had that AND some cutscenes to close things. I just hope hey improve on this for the next Deus Ex game, though that might be quite a long way down the road. Oddly enough, the Deus Ex game with the best endings is Invisible War as each ending showed a different type of extreme government and they were all kind of depressing. Deus Ex HR's endings were more hopeful (except the Illuminati one) and the endings of the original game I think were just there to be there, I didn't exactly like them despite Deus Ex being my favourite game. [/spoiler]

I can agree with pretty much everything said there. I seriously hope they make more than one DX game a gen. Quick question, knowing that I won't get a DXHR experience from it, how is IW?
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] why!?!? your a huge ME nerd man! you were an officer in the union! I played it at launch and wrote the review for a website I was working for, then didnt touch it for months so Id get a fresh perspective and it was even better the second time through... its those characters man, they grab you. I think youll thank me if you play it again.TheEroica

I was in the union with you bro.... ;) its all about perspective. It meany more to me to share a moment with liara or garrus before the final fight than any ending was ever going to provide... i wanted to save the ones i cared about, how didnt bother me. I was the shepard....

That was a while ago man. I remember you being in the union though. You werent one of the annoying ones.... Anyway, in regards to your statement about the game, [spoiler] I think it would have been perfect and one of the best games I have ever played if it just ended when Anderson and Shep die.... [/spoiler]

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Endings I thought were good:
Max Payne 3
Skyward Sword
Wrath of the Lich King (dat final moment in ICC)
Every Ace Attorney game
Darksiders 1+2
The Walking Dead
Fallout New Vegas
Hotline Miami
Mafia 2
Resident Evil: Revelations

Endings I thought were complete sh*t:
Cataclysm
Killzone 3
Mass Effect 3
Battlefield 3
RAGE
Crysis 2
Skyrim
Resident Evil 5
Every CoD this gen

I couldn't pick just one. I know I'm forgetting a few for both sides.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#60 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

ME3 hands down

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Best? Spec Ops: The Line.

Worst? Mass Effect 2 or 3.

TheEroica
I can't wait to dig into spec ops... Its like this guilty pleasure game that sits on my shelf waiting for my kids to go to sleep :P

It's a pretty amazing game.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] hehe. Im kinda flattered that you know all that about me haha.... Yeah, the game is fantastic for 95% and then the ride comes crashing to a halt. There was always some sense of grounded reality to the series and the end just made the whole thing a joke for me. Maybe some day I can reconcile with it, idk... I took the story and the world seriously.

That was a while ago man. I remember you being in the union though. You werent one of the annoying ones.... Anyway, in regards to your statement about the game, I think it would have been perfect and one of the best games I have ever played if it just ended when Anderson and Shep die....

I havent been to the union in a long time. It had moments of great discussion and theories and moments of blah... there were some good folks in there, all like minded fans, but yeah a few annoying people too... remind you of another forum :lol: ??? Anyway, so it was the boy that pissed you off?
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] I havent been to the union in a long time. It had moments of great discussion and theories and moments of blah... there were some good folks in there, all like minded fans, but yeah a few annoying people too... remind you of another forum :lol: ??? Anyway, so it was the boy that pissed you off?

Yeah, knowing that that gd kid is waiting for me at the end rages me. All the games are unplayable for me. I still recommend the games and I just warn them not to get too invested into the universe like I did...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Best? Spec Ops: The Line.

Worst? Mass Effect 2 or 3.

DarkLink77
I can't wait to dig into spec ops... Its like this guilty pleasure game that sits on my shelf waiting for my kids to go to sleep :P

It's a pretty amazing game.

I played the first 30 minutes and could tell when the rock n roll started blaring that this wasnt gonna be a cod clone....
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I havent been to the union in a long time. It had moments of great discussion and theories and moments of blah... there were some good folks in there, all like minded fans, but yeah a few annoying people too... remind you of another forum :lol: ??? Anyway, so it was the boy that pissed you off?

Yeah, knowing that that gd kid is waiting for me at the end rages me. All the games are unplayable for me. I still recommend the games and I just warn them not to get too invested into the universe like I did...

I feel like theres something wrong with me that ive dumped well over 400 hours into those three games and the ending didnt bother me one bit. I just kinda saw a more human side to shepard in his turmoil over the loss of life (the kid) and the kid was a representation of his deepest vulnerability, failing... the choices made me struggle as none of them were clear wins but i liked that... dunno maybe i need to see a doctor ;)
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] I feel like theres something wrong with me that ive dumped well over 400 hours into those three games and the ending didnt bother me one bit. I just kinda saw a more human side to shepard in his turmoil over the loss of life (the kid) and the kid was a representation of his deepest vulnerability, failing... the choices made me struggle as none of them were clear wins but i liked that... dunno maybe i need to see a doctor ;)

I just felt like the character and the idea of the character completely clashed with the series. I saw Mass Effect like the Star Trek, Wars, GoT universes in that they gave a certain sense of realism with the fantastic. To me the end felt like something out of a nonsensical jrpg or anime where the villain materializes at the VERY END and delivers an ultimatum....
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I havent been to the union in a long time. It had moments of great discussion and theories and moments of blah... there were some good folks in there, all like minded fans, but yeah a few annoying people too... remind you of another forum :lol: ??? Anyway, so it was the boy that pissed you off?

I am one of those that wanted the sunshine and rainbow ending. Something like Shep saves the day and all reapers are dead. You then you see what has happened with everyone for example Shep would be with his LI such as maybe Shep holding Liara with a couple blue babies looking out their house at the ocean or something. I do not really care what it was just I wanted a super happy ending. I did 3 games paragon and was hoping but oh well. The whole Earth mission was great though for me all the way up until he takes that elevator up. It may not be perfect but any game can be picked apart to find faults. I still love the game and I am actually in the middle of another run now. I still love the entire world, the characters and varied combat.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I havent been to the union in a long time. It had moments of great discussion and theories and moments of blah... there were some good folks in there, all like minded fans, but yeah a few annoying people too... remind you of another forum :lol: ??? Anyway, so it was the boy that pissed you off?

I am one of those that wanted the sunshine and rainbow ending. Something like Shep saves the day and all reapers are dead. You then you see what has happened with everyone for example Shep would be with his LI such as maybe Shep holding Liara with a couple blue babies looking out their house at the ocean or something. I do not really care what it was just I wanted a super happy ending. I did 3 games paragon and was hoping but oh well. The whole Earth mission was great though for me all the way up until he takes that elevator up. It may not be perfect but any game can be picked apart to find faults. I still love the game and I am actually in the middle of another run now. I still love the entire world, the characters and varied combat.

Thats pretty much where i am as well... the final breath gave me hope that heros dont die... it really moved me.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Thats pretty much where i am as well... the final breath gave me hope that heros dont die... it really moved me.

Being a big GoT fan, i honestly didnt need much of any of that at all haha...
Avatar image for deactivated-6040149309c71
deactivated-6040149309c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6040149309c71
Member since 2010 • 718 Posts

Am I crazy for saying the first infamous is my favorite ending this gen?

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Best: Red Dead Redemption Assassin's Creed Revelations Worst: Mass Effect 3
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Thats pretty much where i am as well... the final breath gave me hope that heros dont die... it really moved me.

Being a big GoT fan, i honestly didnt need much of any of that at all haha...

GoT?!? Im blanking?
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] GoT?!? Im blanking?

Game of Thrones.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] Yeah, knowing that that gd kid is waiting for me at the end rages me. All the games are unplayable for me. I still recommend the games and I just warn them not to get too invested into the universe like I did...TheEroica

Thats pretty much where i am as well... the final breath gave me hope that heros dont die... it really moved me.

I agree. I always choose the path where I get that breath scene. I want my Shep alive and kicking.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] GoT?!? Im blanking?

Game of Thrones.

Ahh gotcha! ;)
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dracolich55
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Oh yeah, there were a lot of main characters who didn't get closure (I love your sig btw), but the simple way the endings were done with [spoiler] the live scenes with Adam Jensen's voiceover [/spoiler] felt incredibly powerful in its own way. They allowed a pseudo-fourth wall approach that allows us to see what the various endings are done in the main world. I'll edit my post to the actual endings themselves, rather than how you get to them or the events leading up to them (because there were quite a few unexplained things). Then again, I am biased a little because I'm friends with Jensen's voice actor on Facebook.

I can agree with pretty much everything said there. I seriously hope they make more than one DX game a gen. Quick question, knowing that I won't get a DXHR experience from it, how is IW?

Well, its regarded as the worst game in the series. In fact, some people don't even want to acknowledge its existence but that's because of the gameplay. Its generally agreed it was a console-PC quickie and was aimed for the console audience, it is really dumbed down compared to the original and eliminates that feeing of choice you have in the other 2 games. The only saving grace I would say is the story if your a fan of the Deus Ex fiction. I played it expecting a Deus Ex game and was dissapointed, but the story does involve philosophy and politics as you are accustomed to from the previous Deus Ex games and it delivers well, surprisingly. I would say to go ahead and play it if you are a fan of the fiction, as long as the gameplay doesn't make you stop wanting to play.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] GoT?!? Im blanking?

Game of Thrones.

Ahh gotcha! ;)

I was pretty deep into GoT when I played ME3 and I think thats why I love/hated it so much. ME3 is a lot about sacrifice and GoT has a similar (albeit more brutal) tone...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I am one of those that wanted the sunshine and rainbow ending. Something like Shep saves the day and all reapers are dead. You then you see what has happened with everyone for example Shep would be with his LI such as maybe Shep holding Liara with a couple blue babies looking out their house at the ocean or something. I do not really care what it was just I wanted a super happy ending. I did 3 games paragon and was hoping but oh well. The whole Earth mission was great though for me all the way up until he takes that elevator up. It may not be perfect but any game can be picked apart to find faults. I still love the game and I am actually in the middle of another run now. I still love the entire world, the characters and varied combat. CanYouDiglt

I agree. I always choose the path where I get that breath scene. I want my Shep alive and kicking.

I very rarely allow my boys to watch the games i play but with mass effect it was different as theyve come to see shepard as a super hero of sorts. I allowed them to watch the ending with me and both of them started cheering when he took that breath... it was pretty awesome the reaction that split second got. My son actually dressed as shepard for Halloween... haha. I know the ending wasnt everyones ideal situation but ill be damned if someone says it didnt evoke emotion.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#80 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Best: Oblivion, Portal 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (simply because it's hyped me up for what Episode 2 has in store for me), Saints Row the Third, Batman: Arkham City.

Worst: Brink, Mass Effect 2 wasn't bad but the end boss fight was terrible, Bad Company 2 (I guess wasn't "bad" per se since it was in the style and theme of a major budget popcorn war film but.....yeah, no it was pretty bad), Metro 2033 (because not only is there a sequel thus probably making the ending useless it also felt a little out of place given the whole atmosphere of the game).

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 dracolich55
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] Game of Thrones.

Ahh gotcha! ;)

I was pretty deep into GoT when I played ME3 and I think thats why I love/hated it so much. ME3 is a lot about sacrifice and GoT has a similar (albeit more brutal) tone...

4 years since I read GoT... still sad about Ned's death, still want Joffrey to die in some horrible Ramsay-style death instead of a painless poisoning.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="dracolich55"] 4 years since I read GoT... [spoiler] still sad about Ned's death, still want Joffrey to die in some horrible Ramsay-style death instead of a painless poisoning. [/spoiler]

HAHA.. I wouldnt say it was painlessI wouldnt inflict Ramsay on anybody! . [spoiler] Poor Theon. Reading the fifth book and watching the second season completely changed my perspective of him... [/spoiler]
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Thats pretty much where i am as well... the final breath gave me hope that heros dont die... it really moved me.TheEroica

I very rarely allow my boys to watch the games i play but with mass effect it was different as theyve come to see shepard as a super hero of sorts. I allowed them to watch the ending with me and both of them started cheering when he took that breath... it was pretty awesome the reaction that split second got. My son actually dressed as shepard for Halloween... haha. I know the ending wasnt everyones ideal situation but ill be damned if someone says it didnt evoke emotion.

That is sweet. I bet your son looked adorable as Shep. I hope he blasted anyone that did not give him candy with a singularity. It also shows how easily it is to get invested in the characters. I do not have any children but my wife has watched me play many times and she just gets so absorbed into it that sometimes she forgets she is even watching a game even though conversation parts come up where I have to choose a answer.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#84 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
best: portal 2 worst: crysis 2
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dracolich55
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="dracolich55"] 4 years since I read GoT... [spoiler] still sad about Ned's death, still want Joffrey to die in some horrible Ramsay-style death instead of a painless poisoning. [/spoiler]

HAHA.. I wouldnt say it was painlessI wouldnt inflict Ramsay on anybody! . [spoiler] Poor Theon. Reading the fifth book and watching the second season completely changed my perspective of him... [/spoiler]

Hmm true, I wouldn't inflict Ramsay on HIMSELF really, but the show reinforced my feeling, when Arya watched it all go down. [spoiler] Though it turns out LittleFinger is the one who persuaded Joffrey into beheading Ned, otherwise he would have probably listened to Cersei and sent him to the watch. I still don't know how I feel about Theon, no one deserves the Ramsay Treatment despite what I said, he did betray Robb but Theon kind of got mixed up in the whole situation. If only his father wasn't so dense....I hope he makes it out alive though, he's gotten more than enough punishment. [/spoiler]
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

1076115-999art2vckr.jpg

The twist ranks among the best, and it's really just ingenious in its execution. A touching, bittersweet ending.

Slashkice

well, at least SOMEONE mentioned it :/

still no TWEWYs as far as i can see >.>

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"] 4 years since I read GoT... [spoiler] still sad about Ned's death, still want Joffrey to die in some horrible Ramsay-style death instead of a painless poisoning. [/spoiler] wolverine4262

ADWD is freaking awesome. Lots of cool stuff happen in the book. Spoiler won't ruin anything for you. [spoiler] took me a while to realize which character was actually Theon. [/spoiler]

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="dracolich55"] Hmm true, I wouldn't inflict Ramsay on HIMSELF really, but the show reinforced my feeling, when Arya watched it all go down. [spoiler] Though it turns out LittleFinger is the one who persuaded Joffrey into beheading Ned, otherwise he would have probably listened to Cersei and sent him to the watch. I still don't know how I feel about Theon, no one deserves the Ramsay Treatment despite what I said, he did betray Robb but Theon kind of got mixed up in the whole situation. If only his father wasn't so dense....I hope he makes it out alive though, he's gotten more than enough punishment. [/spoiler]

I think its interesting that GRRM seems to have turned Theon into something of a hero in the fifth book.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 wolverine4262

ADWD is freaking awesome. Lots of cool stuff happen in the book. Spoiler won't ruin anything for you. [spoiler] took me a while to realize which character was actually Theon. [/spoiler]

Chutebox
Im not sure if I was ever confused about his identity. hmm. I dont really remember. Reading all those was kind of a blur.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chutebox
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="dracolich55"] Hmm true, I wouldn't inflict Ramsay on HIMSELF really, but the show reinforced my feeling, when Arya watched it all go down. [spoiler] Though it turns out LittleFinger is the one who persuaded Joffrey into beheading Ned, otherwise he would have probably listened to Cersei and sent him to the watch. I still don't know how I feel about Theon, no one deserves the Ramsay Treatment despite what I said, he did betray Robb but Theon kind of got mixed up in the whole situation. If only his father wasn't so dense....I hope he makes it out alive though, he's gotten more than enough punishment. [/spoiler]

I think its interesting that GRRM seems to have turned Theon into something of a hero in the fifth book.

Anyone would look like a hero in contrast to Ramsay.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 wolverine4262

Anyone would look like a hero in contrast to Ramsay.Chutebox
totally but that just goes back to the excellent writing...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Anyone would look like a hero in contrast to Ramsay.wolverine4262

totally but that just goes back to the excellent writing...

Yep, I love it. Can't wait for WoW!
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yep, I love it. Can't wait for WoW!

Any idea how long? I think I heard it might come this year, but I really doubt that... He needs to hurry if he wants to keep pace with the show. Id say he has a season and a half for book 3 and a season and a half for 4 (zz) and 5. THat gives three years to essentially finish.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dracolich55
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yep, I love it. Can't wait for WoW!

Any idea how long? I think I heard it might come this year, but I really doubt that... He needs to hurry if he wants to keep pace with the show. Id say he has a season and a half for book 3 and a season and a half for 4 (zz) and 5. THat gives three years to essentially finish.

One thing I like about the creation of the show is that now GRRM has to get off his ass and start writing. On a serious note, look at the publishing dates of each book. Fans had to wait I think 6 years for ADWD. I think its because GRRM is no financial need to keep writing, at this point writing the series is just a fan service.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yep, I love it. Can't wait for WoW!wolverine4262

Not a chance it'll come this year. He gave a tentative date for 2014, but knowing him that won't happen. They are turning Storm of Swords into two seasons. Not sure about the rest.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="dracolich55"] One thing I like about the creation of the show is that now GRRM has to get off his ass and start writing. On a serious note, look at the publishing dates of each book. Fans had to wait I think 6 years for ADWD. I think its because GRRM is no financial need to keep writing, at this point writing the series is just a fan service.

I just read that both WoW and DoS will be over 1500 pages each and that by Oct 2012 he had 400 pages, 200 pages of which were finished. He is optimistic for 2014, but with his writing style and the huge number of projects he is undertaking, idk if 2015 is optimistic. This is all unless he found a better vision for these novels and knows wtf he is doing..lol.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yep, I love it. Can't wait for WoW!Chutebox

Not a chance it'll come this year. He gave a tentative date for 2014, but knowing him that won't happen. They are turning Storm of Swords into two seasons. Not sure about the rest.

Yeah, i heard that about SoS, but I would bet that many plots from FFC will appear in the fourth season anyway in much the same way that season 2 had stuff from SoS.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"] Any idea how long? I think I heard it might come this year, but I really doubt that... He needs to hurry if he wants to keep pace with the show. Id say he has a season and a half for book 3 and a season and a half for 4 (zz) and 5. THat gives three years to essentially finish.wolverine4262

Yeah, i heard that about SoS, but I would bet that many plots from FFC will appear in the fourth season anyway in much the same way that season 2 had stuff from SoS.

Feast should just be condensed into 3-5 episodes....ugh
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Feast should just be condensed into 3-5 episodes....ugh

It was a hard one to read. But really how can you follow SoS
walkingdream