Best console to get Destiny on? Xbone or PS4?

#51 Posted by rrjim1 (929 posts) -

I played the Alpha on my PS4 and the Beta on my X1, will be getting the X1 version, couldn't see any difference, but way better with the X1 controller.

#52 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4859 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@mems_1224 said:

None because that game looks boring.

I agree it looks so bland

Agreed. I can't tell exactly why though. Everytime i see gameplay it's just people exploring a zone, finding some mobs or a random events and that's it.

I guess it's because it doesn't seem to be inter-connected like single player games such as Borderlands or Far Cry. And if i compare to nromal mmorpgs it's bare bones. Specially after playing games like GW2.

But who knows, maybe it'll win me over if i get around to playing it and fin more interesting info. The more games the better.

Also, TC, wait for the inevitable PC version. Done

#53 Posted by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

ONLINE ONLY=xbox one, bungie knows MS hardware so no doubt it will be great on xbox one

#54 Posted by AzatiS (8016 posts) -

@duncancameron23: DEfinitly PC

Thats what ill do to be honest.

Ill wait a few months after release for PC version , ill read feedback , watch end game and if i like it ill buy the best version of the game at the best price with all the balances and extras/DLC.

#55 Posted by Krelian-co (12720 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

PS4, better version with more content.

#56 Edited by Daious (2019 posts) -

@b4x said:

XBL or PSN....?

Decisions...

except its Bungie's dedicated servers and not XBL or PSN

Assuming that this game comes out on PC and ect.. I would vote PC just because of the higher frame rate.

Competitive play? It seems like PS4 will be where the competitions are at. PS4 gets content early and Bungie has had the most time to optimize PS4 at 1080p. I think its a given that PS4 would be the choice,

This game is going to be great no matter what you play it on. I am only skeptical of the PS3 version since its Bungie's first time with the cell.

#57 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74284 posts) -

i would get it for PS4 personally, but if you have more friends on X1, you should get it for that

#58 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

XBL or PSN....?

Decisions...

Assuming that this game comes out on PC and ect.. I would vote PC just because of the higher frame rate.

Competitive play? It seems like PS4 will be where the competitions are at. PS4 gets content early and Bungie has had the most time to optimize PS4 at 1080p. I think its a given that PS4 would be the choice,

This game is going to be great no matter what you play it on. I am only skeptical of the PS3 version since its Bungie's first time with the cell.

Who's authentication and data portals are Activision and Bungie using on those servers?

Do you have to be signed into XBL or PSN to get to those servers?

Does Bungie have their own in game protocol that doesn't need you to be logged in to XBL or PSN?

Whatever....

#59 Posted by cainetao11 (19289 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

the 2 are the same outside of an extra mission for PS4. So OP get it wherever your friends are getting it.

That's it for me. I have one friend that is getting it for PS4. All my other army buds are getting it on X1 so I'll get it there.

#60 Posted by Suppaman100 (4331 posts) -

Superior version is on PS4 since Bungie loves Sony.

Easy choice.

#61 Edited by Daious (2019 posts) -

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

XBL or PSN....?

Decisions...

Who's authentication and data portals are Activision and Bungie using on those servers?

Does Bungie have their own in game protocol that doesn't need you to be logged in to XBL or PSN?

Whatever....

Talk about touchy.

No need to overreact.

The servers are bungie dedicated. The server lantacy when you are actually playing will be the exact same in all the console versions.

All you have to be is signed in. Are you seriously trying to have login wars? Is this what system wars really have come too because that is pretty lame.

You are grasping at straws.

If you prefer Xboxone controller and feel of shooters on the console, that is a perfectly acceptable answer. I know a lot of people do. But debating a version because of logging into psn/xbl is borderline insane.

#62 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

XBL or PSN....?

Decisions...

Whatever....

Talk about touchy.

No need to overreact.

The servers are bungie dedicated. The server lantacy when you are actually playing will be the exact same in all the console versions.

All you have to be is signed in. Are you seriously trying to have login wars? Is this what system wars really have come too.

Considering being logged in is the first step in playing the actual game?

I think Microsoft has the upper hand here?

Wouldn't that make my claims just?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit my views?

#63 Posted by Spitfire-Six (689 posts) -

If you have both whats the point of buying the X1 version when the ps4 version gets more content? Am I missing something?

#64 Edited by Daious (2019 posts) -
@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

XBL or PSN....?

Decisions...

Whatever....

Talk about touchy.

No need to overreact.

All you have to be is signed in. Are you seriously trying to have login wars? Is this what system wars really have come too.

Considering being logged in is the first step in playing the actual game?

I think Microsoft has the upper hand here?

Wouldn't that make my claims just?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit my views?

Because I highly doubt someone main motive in buying a different version of a game is due to log in servers when they are both up virtually all the time. Its ridiculous. Both have been hit or misses once a big multiplayer game launches (like titanfall), but that is merely a few hours. And these servers aren't hosted by Sony/MS. Its worse than the arguments over less than 5 frame per seconds when people are debating about Diablo.

I don't think any one has ever made the claim here that they picking a version over a log in server since I have been here. Its the perfect example of how depressing system wars have gotten.

#65 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4245 posts) -

Xbox One. Graphical differences will be miniscule. Content is only timed exclusive. Controller shits on the DS4.

#66 Edited by hehe101 (629 posts) -

They're both the same however PS4 has timed exclusive, whereas xbox live is secure mostly for better gaming online.

#67 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I'm sure some fool will go on and tell you about "superior version" when they need DF to point out those differences. The game will be the same on either console so go with your controller preference.

Multiplats will all look better on the PS4 the same way they did on the 360.

#68 Edited by DHMATT90 (168 posts) -

Most of people I know are getting for ps4.

PS4 pre-orders were sold out on ps4 before xbox one over here as well...

I'm getting the limited edition for ps4, but might be getting the xbox one version as well. I'll see....

I do like the xbox controller more though. Especially for FPS

#69 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2712 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Well Xbox One vs PS4 multiplatform 95% games are better on PS4

Better graphics, better frame rate and exclusive DLC

Xbox One sold 5 million, PS4 sold 10 million. So, most players will buy on PS4 which means if you want to play online, then buy PS4 that is not dead

95% of multiplats better on PS4??? Someone is a bit dillusional!! The sooner you understand basic math, the sooner you will realize that the key reasons that the PS4 has outsold the X1 to date is simply the initial $100 price difference and wider market availability. Casual gamers don't care about CPU or GPU differences. They look at the games available and the price at which it will cost them to play said games. I would like someone to show sales stats between the two consoles since MS announced the $399 "Kinect-less" SKU! I bet that gap is much tighter in that time frame.

#70 Posted by MonsieurX (31583 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Well Xbox One vs PS4 multiplatform 95% games are better on PS4

Better graphics, better frame rate and exclusive DLC

Xbox One sold 5 million, PS4 sold 10 million. So, most players will buy on PS4 which means if you want to play online, then buy PS4 that is not dead

95% of multiplats better on PS4??? Someone is a bit dillusional!! The sooner you understand basic math, the sooner you will realize that the key reasons that the PS4 has outsold the X1 to date is simply the initial $100 price difference and wider market availability. Casual gamers don't care about CPU or GPU differences. They look at the games available and the price at which it will cost them to play said games. I would like someone to show sales stats between the two consoles since MS announced the $399 "Kinect-less" SKU! I bet that gap is much tighter in that time frame.

Fine,90%.

It's not. PS4 continued to vastly outsell the X1.

#72 Edited by slim70 (598 posts) -

@duncancameron23 said:

If I had my way it would be the PS4 with the bone controller! (but I can't).

Cheers,

P.S. The best graphical reproduction is what i'm after and I have both consoles.

The graphical differences will be very minor but it's an MMO so I would go with the better online network in this case. However, the PS4 does have the extra timed exclusive content if that's more important to you.

#73 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

getting for PS4 because of the exclusive stuff. just wished i could switch to my XB1 controller instead of the DS4

#74 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

ONLINE ONLY=xbox one, bungie knows MS hardware so no doubt it will be great on xbox one

360 yes X1 No.

#75 Edited by watchdogsrules (491 posts) -

PS4, why is every one calling the Xbox one the xbone?

#76 Posted by SolidTy (45771 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Heil68 said:

PS4, better version with more content.

More content for sure.

#77 Posted by btk2k2 (440 posts) -

@duncancameron23: Unless your immediate friends have an Xbox One I would get it for PS4 as the larger install base and the greater marketing push means there will be more people that own the game on PS4 than on Xbox One expanding the pool of players you can play with.

#78 Posted by sukraj (23884 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

The one most of your friends are getting it for. I plan on playing the game with fellow vets and some still on active duty. Most of them have X1's.

hi mate howz it goin bud

#79 Posted by cainetao11 (19289 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@cainetao11 said:

The one most of your friends are getting it for. I plan on playing the game with fellow vets and some still on active duty. Most of them have X1's.

hi mate howz it goin bud

OK yourself

#80 Edited by SecretPolice (23360 posts) -

It's a Bungie game so obviously X1 on XBL is the place to be. :P

TBH, I likely won't be playing the game until late this year or early / mid next year.

#81 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2619 posts) -

I been a big xbox fan my whole life and i Loved the first xbox and 360 very much, but am i the only one who thinks the One controller is a DOWNGRADE from the 360?

It feels cheaper, more hollow, the controller feels upward and awkward , like slanted up , and the triggers sliding up like that is pretty shitty, Microsoft downgraded the controller for better rumble lmao

#82 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

actually the game being released on ps4/x1 makes these 2 consoles less appealing to me. i might just buy a wiiu now

#83 Posted by aroxx_ab (10712 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

If you have no friends to play with sure...

#84 Posted by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -

When your choice is between the PS4 and the xbone there's really not a choice there, the answer is always the PS4.

#85 Posted by mems_1224 (48415 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@mems_1224 said:

Have plenty of friends to play with. Doesn't make the game any less boring.

#86 Posted by aroxx_ab (10712 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@mems_1224 said:

Playing games with friends make any game less boring imo...

#87 Posted by mems_1224 (48415 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@mems_1224 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@mems_1224 said:

Playing games with friends make any game less boring imo...

Nope. Borderlands is equally boring with friends and Destiny is a shitty version of that.

#88 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29730 posts) -

Will probably wait for either a PC release or a price drop on PS4. Doesn't look worth buying full price on a console.

#89 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

An online ONLY game + Sony Security and infrastructure = ___________?

#90 Posted by pyro1245 (1073 posts) -

Well I would get the one that lets you play with a keyboard and mouse; since that's probably not an option I'd just go with whatever my friends have, and then get a K/M-to-controller adapter.

#91 Edited by sukraj (23884 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@sukraj said:

@cainetao11 said:

hi mate howz it goin bud

OK yourself

Yeah just chilling with the kids bro

#92 Edited by PAL360 (27263 posts) -

Apparently both current gen versions look and perform the same, so:

- The console you own

- The controller you prefer

- The service you have more friends on

#93 Edited by PAL360 (27263 posts) -

@Suppaman100:

If Bungie loved Sony, i'm sure they wouldn't be forcing parity. Don't take me wrong, the consoles are alot closer in power than some cows make it sound, but there's a difference. If Bungie was trying to push both consoles to their limits, PS4 version would obviously have a slight advantage.

#94 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

Don't waste you time with this game.

#95 Posted by silversix_ (15913 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Xbox One. Graphical differences will be miniscule. Content is only timed exclusive. Controller shits on the DS4.

You forgot to add the fact that this timed exclusivity is exclusive for 1y

#96 Edited by donalbane (16376 posts) -

I'm getting it on Xbox One because I have a friend who wants to play, but to anybody else I'd recommend PS4 for the larger install base alone.

#97 Posted by Mystery_Writer (8097 posts) -

PS4, you'll hopefully get used to the controller (like I did)

#98 Posted by GhoX (5269 posts) -

Wait for PC, unless you don't plan to touch the multiplayer at all.

Console gamers in general lack raiding mentality, or don't even understand what raiding mentality is. Only on PC should Destiny's multiplayer expect a long lifespan, since PC is the home of raiding-centric MMOs and the most preferred platform by experienced raiders.

#100 Posted by lundy86_4 (44210 posts) -

I'd wait for DF, but personally i'd go for the PS4. It's the system that i'm buying it on.