Best console online game in your opinion? (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PsychoT4Prez (585 posts) -
Halo 3 to me with CoD 4 as a close 2nd.
#2 Posted by fabz_95 (15424 posts) -
As SSBB has not been released in UK I haven't tried its online but out of the games I have played COD4 has amazing online and has to be on the top
#3 Posted by ModernTimes (1029 posts) -
Halo 3 for me. Gears is 2nd.
#4 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -
Counter-Strike: Source
#5 Posted by jcwkings (141 posts) -
turok
#6 Posted by Flexmaster_365 (1650 posts) -
Halo
#7 Posted by PSfanboy101 (1733 posts) -
resistanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 40 people
#8 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -
Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.
#9 Posted by Flexmaster_365 (1650 posts) -

resistanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 40 peoplePSfanboy101

More people =/= better, in Resistance's case it actually = worse.

#10 Posted by bluntmastaslaya (1219 posts) -

Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.Stonin

hahaha look at me i am a pc gaaaaaaaaamer!!! im so much better i dont have to pay for online!!!! ....oh wait i have to pay 2 grand for a gaming pc to play games though....

#11 Posted by Flexmaster_365 (1650 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stonin"]Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.bluntmastaslaya

hahaha look at me i am a pc gaaaaaaaaamer!!! im so much better i dont have to pay for online!!!! ....oh wait i have to pay 2 grand for a gaming pc to play games though....

Lol, owned. :lol:

#12 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stonin"]Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.bluntmastaslaya

Hey bro, when you left the house this morning you left your ignorance showing. You should tuck it back in and go back to being screamed at by 12 year olds.

Actually, my bad, you should go back to joining in with the other 12 year olds :P.

Oh, and i'm sorry you couldn't afford the proper way to play. At least you admit it is better though :).

#13 Posted by Pietrooper (1549 posts) -

If only that was actually you know, true :|

Either way, Warhawk or PGR4 perhaps Guitar Hero 3...

Wait, why are those options not there? :(

#14 Posted by bluntmastaslaya (1219 posts) -
[QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"]

[QUOTE="Stonin"]Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.Stonin

Hey bro, when you left the house this morning you left your ignorance showing. You should tuck it back in and go back to being screamed at by 12 year olds.

Actually, my bad, you should go back to joining in with the other 12 year olds :P.

Oh, and i'm sorry you couldn't afford the proper way to play. At least you admit it is better though :).

yeah bro... im 12... and how is what i said ignorant? what part of that is untrue? your right i cant afford 2 grand for a gaming PC... but dont say that its so stupid to pay $4.16 a month to play online, when you have to pay 2 grand just to play the games...

#15 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"]

yeah bro... im 12... and how is what i said ignorant? what part of that is untrue? your right i cant afford 2 grand for a gaming PC... but dont say that its so stupid to pay $4.16 a month to play online, when you have to pay 2 grand just to play the games...

It is ignorant because I could spend $600, play the games at medium settings which look as good as the consoles. You need to go back and read my posts...where did I ever say anything about the cost of online? I pay for XBL and my Gamertag is Stonin if you would like to look me up. That doesn't change the fact that online gaming on the consoles sucks for me because of the abuse hurling kids, lack of server options and P2P play in many games.

You do seem a bit hung up on the price of online for the 360 though, maybe you should have bought a PS3 ;).

#16 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -
[QUOTE="bluntmastaslaya"]

[QUOTE="Stonin"]Best, online and console should never be used in the same sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.Pietrooper

If only that was actually you know, true :|

Either way, Warhawk or PGR4 perhaps Guitar Hero 3...

Wait, why are those options not there? :(

There are exclusive games on all platforms but this thread is to compare online. I simply pointed out that calling any of them 'good' when there are better options out there isn't right ;).

#17 Posted by bluntmastaslaya (1219 posts) -
nah im not hung up i get my year subscription at costco for 40 bucks and pay $3.33 a month. i find it more economical for me to spend 400 on a 360 and 3.33 a month than 600-2,000 for a pc
#18 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -

nah im not hung up i get my year subscription at costco for 40 bucks and pay $3.33 a month. i find it more economical for me to spend 400 on a 360 and 3.33 a month than 600-2,000 for a pcbluntmastaslaya

Sure but then factor in $40 a year for, lets say, 5 years is $200. Then add in the extra cost of each game on consoles, between $15-20 (sometimes more if you shop around) and lets say you buy 20 games over the 5 years = $300-400 extra on games. Then all of the free DLC on PC that you have to pay for on consoles and you'll start to see that while the initial outlay for the PC is higher, in the long run you will save.

You can buy a PC at the same specs as the consoles and not upgrade it for 5 years, just like the consoles. If you always want the bleeding egde graphics then upgrades and PC gaming become expensive but if you treat it like a console it works out cheaper :).

Add into that the fact that you can still play all of your games no matter when you upgrade or how old they are and it's just amazing :D.

#19 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -
Think about it. A $2000 PC would run CoD4 maxed out at 200 fps.
#20 Posted by TMontana1004 (4537 posts) -
Halo 3 for me. The surprises never seem to end. Can't wait till I get my 360 back so I can play the new maps.