Best Combo to own Next Gen

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -

What gaming systems in combination will be the best to own next gen for you? 

ANOTHER STRAIGHT FORWARD TOPIC. VOTE, DISCUSS AND GTFO! AND STAY ON TOPIC. 

For me it's PC/PS4. PS4 for the precious Exclusives and PC for the precious PC exclusives and the 720 exclusives that will most likely end up on PC witth an even better version. <--My opinion. You can obsess over MY opinion or you can post yours and walk away. 

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38833 posts) -
Stop spoiling everything!!!
#3 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Wii U isn't next Gen.

#4 Posted by bobbetybob (19132 posts) -
I'm going for PC/WiiU right now but that's only because I own both, I'm waiting to see what PS4 and the next Xbox each have to offer before considering either one. I think it's pretty ridiculous that most people on SW have completely written off MS just because they've not shown anything yet and there's a few dodgy RUMOURS about their next console, not saying it's going to be amazing but I'd be surprised if it ends up being as bad as all these rumours suggest.
#5 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
PC/3DS for me so far. We don't know the 1 year library of PS4/new Xbox yet so I wouldn't jump to conclusions and get crap like the 360 (RROD) or PS3 (Shitty library for a while) folk had to endure during their first years.
#6 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

I'll end up owning everything just like this gen. There is NO better way to game than to own everything.

#7 Posted by soulitane (13419 posts) -
Whatever has good games.
#8 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

I'll end up owning everything just like this gen. There is NO better way to game than to own everything.

Frostbite24

Unfortunately some of us don't have the free time to game on everything. :P

#9 Posted by MillsMarker (1 posts) -
PS4 and Vita. One for the home console front, and one for the handheld front.
#10 Posted by NFJSupreme (5132 posts) -

its too early for this thread.  We do not know what the nextbox will be exactly.  With the delay of its announcement we really don't know and it is premature to speculate what the best combo will be.  Either way its going to be PC/console of your choice.

#11 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -
Stop spoiling everything!!!freedomfreak
I'M SORRRRRYYYYYYY BUT I HAVE TO Here's what happens at the end guys. The PS4 goes on a quest along with his trick to find his treat, and then at the end it turns out his trick WAS his treat. :-0 I know who could've guessed
#12 Posted by freedomfreak (38833 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Stop spoiling everything!!!wasted_wisdom
I'M SORRRRRYYYYYYY BUT I HAVE TO Here's what happens at the end guys. The PS4 goes on a quest along with his trick to find his treat, and then at the end it turns out his trick WAS his treat. :-0 I know who could've guessed

You just don't stop. Disruptive posting. I'll let the moderators take care of you. I thought we could be friends but you ruined it.
#13 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

tagyhag

I work 40 hrs a week and have a wife but I find there is PLENTY of time for me to game on all of my systems.
#14 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

hmmm... wastedwisdom. isn't this the same guy who said he hates women? for shame, tc, for shame. 

#15 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

Frostbite24

I work 40 hrs a week and have a wife but I find there is PLENTY of time for me to game on all of my systems.

Gaming instead of doing "other things" with your wife? Shameful sir! :x
#16 Posted by TheEroica (13251 posts) -

ErRoR eRrOr - InValiD ThReAd - SeVeRaL MiSsInG FiLeS.

pssst... impossible to answer when no one knows anything about the nextbox. 

#17 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -
[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Stop spoiling everything!!!freedomfreak

You just don't stop. Disruptive posting. I'll let the moderators take care of you. I thought we could be friends but you ruined it.

I'm not even sure who you are. I just know everyone worships you in the threads and people talk to you like you're their cool aunt or something. And the stupid pretty girl in your signature. And the funny thing is that people are reading this post right now going "gasps* how dare he?"
#18 Posted by murat8 (10332 posts) -

Frostbite24
#19 Posted by TheEroica (13251 posts) -
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] Unfortunately some of us don't have the free time to game on everything. :Ptagyhag

My guess is he has no kids... Thats when your gaming life starts to REALLY dry up and getting free time to shoot people in the face becomes an art.
#20 Posted by freedomfreak (38833 posts) -
[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"] I'M SORRRRRYYYYYYY BUT I HAVE TO Here's what happens at the end guys. The PS4 goes on a quest along with his trick to find his treat, and then at the end it turns out his trick WAS his treat. :-0 I know who could've guessed

I'm not even sure who you are. I just know everyone worships you in the threads and people talk to you like you're their cool aunt or something. And the stupid pretty girl in your signature. And the funny thing is that people are reading this post right now going "gasps* how dare he?"

I am freedomfreak. Alliteration and fornication are my weapons. Apologize this instant.
#21 Posted by silversix_ (13948 posts) -
pc/ps4, so obvious.
#22 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] Unfortunately some of us don't have the free time to game on everything. :Ptagyhag

Except I have plenty of time to spend with my wife too especially because she enjoys gaming as much as I do. People that say they don't have enough time to play games obviously have different priorities which is fine but they often act as if it means everyone shares their same limitations. Just because I don't go bar hopping with my friends every weekend or occupy my time in some other way that doesn't interest me means I have plenty of time to dedicate to playing games and spending time with my wife.
#23 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"] I work 40 hrs a week and have a wife but I find there is PLENTY of time for me to game on all of my systems.TheEroica

My guess is he has no kids... Thats when your gaming life starts to REALLY dry up and getting free time to shoot people in the face becomes an art.

Ok how the hell did you guys end up talking about someone's family and kids and stuff? WHAT PART OF STAY ON TOPIC DON'T YOU GET????
#24 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Frostbite24"] I work 40 hrs a week and have a wife but I find there is PLENTY of time for me to game on all of my systems.Frostbite24

Except I have plenty of time to spend with my wife too especially because she enjoys gaming as much as I do. People that say they don't have enough time to play games obviously have different priorities which is fine but they often act as if it means everyone shares their same limitations. Just because I don't go bar hopping with my friends every weekend or occupy my time in some other way that doesn't interest me means I have plenty of time to dedicate to playing games and spending time with my wife.

But you game instead of doing the naughty with her, your priorities are wrong!
#25 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

PC

#26 Posted by LustForSoul (5840 posts) -
PC and PS4 has most votes? I don't get it.
#27 Posted by FashionFreak (2291 posts) -

Another quality thread brought to you by wasted_wisdom

#28 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

All.

#29 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

The Playstation family.

#30 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -

I have a Wii U and PC right now; however, I'll probably pick up a PS4 once it gets cheaper in price and it has some actual good games to pick up with it. (Killzone does not count. I thought all of the Killzone games were mediocre, personally.)

#31 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

Out of that list, PC/PS4.

I'll be going PC/PS4/WiiU.  Pretty much a repeat of this gen, except I actually did own a 360 for a while.  I highly doubt I'll own the nextbox unless they have some really compelling stuff.

#32 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -

Another quality thread brought to you by wasted_wisdom

FashionFreak
ALWAYS a pleasure
#33 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

PC + 3DS will be the best combo. I may never end up with a home console this gen.

#34 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

Will probably be PC + PS4, just like it was PC + PS3 this gen and PC + PS2 the gen before that

#35 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

PS4 + _____

You can choose the other one but the PS4 will be mandatory for those who wish to live on the God tier next gen.

#36 Posted by TheEroica (13251 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] Gaming instead of doing "other things" with your wife? Shameful sir! :xwasted_wisdom

Ok how the hell did you guys end up talking about someone's family and kids and stuff? WHAT PART OF STAY ON TOPIC DON'T YOU GET????

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19100000/Stay-on-target-random-19147366-500-334.jpg Discussing the wardens tendencies is paramount to a healthy married gamers life.... She applies to everything.

#37 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
WiiU + PC.
#38 Posted by tubbyc (3662 posts) -
PS4 and PC. Maybe the next Xbox and Wii U much later.
#39 Posted by sandbox3d (5111 posts) -

All of them tbh.

But PC, PS4 and Wii U are the only must haves as of now.

#40 Posted by kuu2 (6888 posts) -

Ouya and Xbox for sure.

#41 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
PS4/Wii U/3DS PS4 for Multiplats Wii U for Superior exclusives 3DS because LOL Vita
#42 Posted by SDC_4_LIFE (149 posts) -

2 PS4's and a WiiU for a coaster.

#43 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

All of them tbh.

sandbox3d

?

#44 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

PC/3DS. Possibly will include a Wii U but that depends what games Nintendo publishes for their console and a Vita.

Microsoft lacks exclusives and forces you to pay online so no; and as for the PS4, the only exclusive they have that interest me is Infamous.

#45 Posted by blackace (20086 posts) -

That's really easy.

PS4 (For their exclusives and PSN exclusives.)

XBox 720 (For exclusives, XBLA and Mutiplats)

PC (For the 4-5 "AAAE that actually get released for the PC.)

PSVita (For their exclusives)

WiiU (For their exclusives)

This is the best way to go in my book.

I already own a 3DS & PSP. No plans to get a Ouya, Steambox or any of that other crap.

#46 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8714 posts) -

Most likely PC/WiiU

PC gives you the highest quality multiplats and Wii U gives you the highest quality 1st party. Done

#47 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

2 PS4's and a WiiU for a coaster.

SDC_4_LIFE
This sounds like a promising combination.
#48 Posted by sandbox3d (5111 posts) -

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

All of them tbh.

NathanDrakeSwag

?

Cant read?

#49 Posted by blackace (20086 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

Frostbite24

Me too. I just switch it around every week. Play my handhelds at work during lunch.
#50 Posted by Snugenz (11750 posts) -

PC and Wii U is what i will 100% own next gen (as i already do). Upgrading my PC is getting first priority then i'll get whichever offers the most between the PS4 and the Nextbox.