Best Buy/Walmart drop price to 450.00 for Xbox one bundle...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by psone4xbox (44 posts) -

This is an interesting move by both sellers, get a free game and one month of live included. I picked one up on that crazy 399 sale microsoft store had with the code, but I noticed these were plenty in stock when I stopped by walmart. They must be really pushing to get the stock out the door...good for consumers..

#2 Posted by farrell2k (5178 posts) -

Bad for Walmart. They're stuck with so much inventory that no one wants, so they're trying to cut their losses.

#3 Posted by dethtrain (384 posts) -

If MS drops the kinect and there is a bundle (with a good game) for $350 I'd definitely buy it

#4 Posted by jsolidus (130 posts) -

I went to walmart and 2 different targets and not one ps4 was on the shelf. They had plenty of xbox ones, fully stocked and it looked like they weren't being bought.

#5 Edited by Couth_ (9917 posts) -

Still overpriced. Needs to be $350

#6 Posted by Xplode_games (515 posts) -

If MS drops the kinect and there is a bundle (with a good game) for $350 I'd definitely buy it

If Sony adds Kinect to PS4 i'd buy one. I know it's unlikely but they could pay MS a licensing fee to allow them to use kinect.

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

I'd get an Xbox One if it was $300 with Titanfall and a year of Gold.

#8 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

for 399 include a ps4 then i might consider it. even then its a hard sell

#9 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Man, the Xbox really isn't selling well.

#10 Posted by Evo_nine (1575 posts) -

@jsolidus said:

I went to walmart and 2 different targets and not one ps4 was on the shelf. They had plenty of xbox ones, fully stocked and it looked like they weren't being bought.

so xbox ones were on the shelf and you powers of observation allowed you to conclude that they weren't being bought at that point in time. BRILLIANT!!

Why....you sir are a genius! your amazing intellect is wasted here when you could be working with other great minds to advance our civilisation!

#11 Edited by Xplode_games (515 posts) -

The problem with this bundle is that in walmart and best buy everyone pays tax so it comes out to around 480 with tax.

If Amazon and newegg had it then it becomes much more appealing. Drop this bundle down to 400 and it's a great value and a must buy.

#12 Posted by Bren128 (2352 posts) -

Sony needs to focus on the U.S. because thats the main battleground. People on the fence arent going to wait months and months for a ps4.

#13 Posted by mariokart64fan (19347 posts) -

vgcharz has xbox one selling 113k this week in the us over ps4s 50k usa

#14 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28310 posts) -

I remember the days when people would provide a link or the thread would get locked.

#15 Posted by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

This is actually a great deal. $110 in savings.

#16 Edited by SolidTy (41512 posts) -

Assuming this is true, this goes back to what I've been saying since launch last year:

2014 price drop incoming if sales demand it. A lot of pressure rests with EA's Titanfall deal. Perhaps the 2014 pricedrop will be at this year's E3 game trade show which is only a few months away.

This Walmart deal could be Walmart trying to beat other retailers to the punch, or at the very least move some excess stock to make room. When I said it at the time last year, sales weren't known so I caught a lot of flak from angry fanbots. Now, as time moves on, we are starting to see a pattern.

#17 Posted by highking_kallor (445 posts) -

@Evo_nine: With an avatar such as yours no wonder you don't talk any sense.

#18 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

Add amazon to the list use this code to get the discount

Code: XIAMAZON

#19 Edited by navyguy21 (12692 posts) -

Definitely going to get one to keep this time.

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (6468 posts) -

Dat struggle to get rid of dust=collecting Xbones.

#21 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

Some walmart employee said they are putting forza codes in titanfall bundle for 450. Dedperate times for m$ might want to hold off, price dropping every week

#22 Posted by navyguy21 (12692 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

Some walmart employee said they are putting forza codes in titanfall bundle for 450. Dedperate times for m$ might want to hold off, price dropping every week

I dont buy into that fanboy crap. XB1 is doing fine, just not as well as the PS4. Of course the bundles will be on sale since the games have been out for a while. Id worry if the standard consoles had price drops.

#23 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@navyguy21 said:

I dont buy into that fanboy crap. XB1 is doing fine, just not as well as the PS4. Of course the bundles will be on sale since the games have been out for a while. Id worry if the standard consoles had price drops.

Haha titanfall come out last week, if it was doing well why the price drop. They are going to be bundling forza and titanfall for 450 a 4 months after launch, that is desperation

#24 Posted by handssss (1635 posts) -

at this point, if anyone is even remotely interested in getting the Xbone, they should just wait. Let's see how much MS is willing to go in including things and lowering the price before enough is enough.

#25 Edited by jsolidus (130 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@jsolidus said:

so xbox ones were on the shelf and you powers of observation allowed you to conclude that they weren't being bought at that point in time. BRILLIANT!!

Why....you sir are a genius! your amazing intellect is wasted here when you could be working with other great minds to advance our civilisation!

there no reason to take it personal. The x1 isnt selling like it should and even m$ knows it, act like a man and face facts.

#26 Edited by navyguy21 (12692 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@navyguy21 said:

Haha titanfall come out last week, if it was doing well why the price drop. They are going to be bundling forza and titanfall for 450 a 4 months after launch, that is desperation

Ok buddy

#27 Posted by Kuromino (1241 posts) -

Couple of things:

1. Ensure you read the survival guide for System Wars. This is the only forum that requires at least a 500 post count before you can create topics.
2. I would recommend including a source anytime you make a claim like this. Oddly enough, not everyone checks the Gamespot home page here.