best boss battle of 2013

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@_Matt_ said:

Good going, you rung the second bell now?

It only gets easier harder from here.

I wish you the best of luck with Sen's Fortress, I recommend you summoning to get an idea how to progress through it if you struggle.

Yeah, 2nd bell rung. Lit the bonfire in Demon Ruins. Yeah, I'll try and summon more. Haven't really done that.

@MlauTheDaft said:

She's weak to magic so buff up if you can. Magic weapon is pretty easy to acquire. Combine it with Power Within and you're going to do a truckload of damage.

Also, you can do a summon right outside her fog.

Bugger. Too late.

I appreciate it though :p

I wanted to summon, but I was so convinced I was gonna lose again, so I decided not to use a humanity to reverse my hollowing.

Got her with the battleaxe. I couldn't wield it one-handed because of my strength, but I switched to two-handed to attack her. And back to One-handed for blocking. Did a lot of damage.

I'm just happy you're playing this amazing game ;)

In fact, I'm going to reinstall it right now and replay it instead of Darksiders!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
@_Matt_ said:

Yeah you earn an extra humanity every time you co-op and help another player defeat a boss.

I think you also get humanity for killing a player when you invade them too... but I'm not evil enough to do that

Interesting.

Btw, I think my game glitched. I grabbed this armor and suddenly this lava beast(something Discharged) started attacking me. I started running, because **** lava, and he followed me. At some point, he put his fist down in front of me. I start hitting it, switched the two-handed, hit him, and he died. One hit just drained his entire life bar.

Is this...normal?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@_Matt_ said:

Yeah you earn an extra humanity every time you co-op and help another player defeat a boss.

I think you also get humanity for killing a player when you invade them too... but I'm not evil enough to do that

Interesting.

Btw, I think my game glitched. I grabbed this armor and suddenly this lava beast(something Discharged) started attacking me. I started running, because **** lava, and he followed me. At some point, he put his fist down in front of me. I start hitting it, switched the two-handed, hit him, and he died. One hit just drained his entire life bar.

Is this...normal?

Haha yup, you found the quick way of killing him.

It's debatable if it's a glitch or not, but I think it's deliberate:

- when he slams his fist down in that position, you will notice he is actually over a massive drop

- where he came from there was not this massive drop, so he must leap at you with his fist, and his fist is all that is stopping him from falling

- you attack his fist and he is forced to let go and fall to his death

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 inggrish

@MlauTheDaft: I'm glad he's finally playing it too, I just wish I had spare time to properly play it again myself, I am still yet to play the dlc.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
@MlauTheDaft said:

I'm just happy you're playing this amazing game ;)

In fact, I'm going to reinstall it right now and replay it instead of Darksiders!

Yeah, I 'm really enjoying. I put it down ages ago, because I got so discouraged. Decided to pick it again not too long ago, and because people were telling me.

Glad I did :p

@_Matt_ said:

Haha yup, you found the quick way of killing him.

It's debatable if it's a glitch or not, but I think it's deliberate:

- when he slams his fist down in that position, you will notice he is actually over a massive drop

- where he came from there was not this massive drop, so he must leap at you with his fist, and his fist is all that is stopping him from falling

- you attack his fist and he is forced to let go and fall to his death

That makes sense. I really thought it glitched or that my weapon had this insta-kill bonus that very, very rarely happened.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@_Matt_ said:

@MlauTheDaft: I'm glad he's finally playing it too, I just wish I had spare time to properly play it again myself, I am still yet to play the dlc.

It's pretty brutal. Have'nt finished it yet either, because I've usually grown strong enough to treat the content much too haphazardly ;)

The entire thing is a masterpiece though! I suppose people have been playing at 60 fps for long enough for it to be considered "safe", so that's what I intend to try out.

Edit:

I never knew about one-shotting discharge...... Holy crap, did that guy give me a lot of trouble when not abusing the narrow corridor. :(

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 inggrish

@MlauTheDaft said:

@_Matt_ said:

It's pretty brutal. Have'nt finished it yet either, because I've usually grown strong enough to treat the content much too haphazardly ;)

The entire thing is a masterpiece though! I suppose people have been playing at 60 fps for long enough for it to be considered "safe", so that's what I intend to try out.

Edit:

I never knew about one-shotting discharge...... Holy crap, did that guy give me a lot of trouble when not abusing the narrow corridor. :(

What's brutal? the dlc? or the game in general?

It is a masterpiece.

Huh, 60fps? I thought doing that on pc risked not allowing you to play online? Can someone confirm otherwise?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Since epic, cinematic is the in thing, Deathstroke vs Batman can be mentioned. It isn't all that intricate a fight, but the presentation and the fact that its these two Iconic characters gives it weight. Jetstream Sam from MGR is a great fight, imo. The last boss, the Senator is good, and tough as well.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@_Matt_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@_Matt_ said:

Edit:

It is a masterpiece.

Huh, 60fps? I thought doing that on pc risked not allowing you to play online? Can someone confirm otherwise?

I meant the DLC. Not that the game is'nt tough enough , but you sort of ease to the flow of things, if you know what I mean ;)

I expect it's still sort of risky to play at 60 fps, but I have'nt heard of any bans, so since it's been possible for a long time, I'm willing to consider it "safe".

Obviously the magnificence of the game outshines petty issues like fps and gfx, but it'd be nice to try ;)

At any rate, DS2 can't come fast enough!

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 CatwomanIsKyle
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

David in The Last of Us.

challenger_155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61 challenger_155
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

Gotta be the epic Batman vs Deathstroke battle in Arkham Origins. That was a standout moment of the game for me, just raw punches and counters. On hard difficulty, it becomes an incredible challenge.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 inggrish

@MlauTheDaft said:

@_Matt_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@_Matt_ said:

Edit:

It is a masterpiece.

I meant the DLC. Not that the game is'nt tough enough , but you sort of ease to the flow of things, if you know what I mean ;)

I expect it's still sort of risky to play at 60 fps, but I have'nt heard of any bans, so since it's been possible for a long time, I'm willing to consider it "safe".

Obviously the magnificence of the game outshines petty issues like fps and gfx, but it'd be nice to try ;)

At any rate, DS2 can't come fast enough!

Ah fair cop, I want to try that out at some point.

I really really hope DS2 doesn't work in the same way online.

DS is just so fussy on pc, I can never get UPNP to work properly... then I just can't get multiplayer to work...

Fortunately the multiplayer works fine on PS3.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

I honestly can't say one stands out from what I played that overly impressed me, but I will tell you I cheered the loudest when I beat the bosses in Rogue Legacy as each of them are a whore of unquenchable thirst.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#64 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Koga Saburo from SMTIV simply because his design is one of the most badass things I've ever laid eyes on. Plus he was pretty tough, but then again, Beelzebub was the toughest boss I fought in that game (and I did pretty much every single side quest and got the neutral ending, so there were basically two final bosses).

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I have got to get myself Metal Gear Solid Rising. Sounds like it probably has the best boss battles of the year... It's a Platinum action game afterall.

I haven't encountered many great bosses over the year... More disappointments like DmC (I actually liked the game, but the bosses were nowhere even remotely close to the same ballpark as DMC4's) and Batman Arkham Origins (worst bosses of the series... Still haven't finished it though. Dealt with Killer Croc, Deathstroke, and Copperhead)