best boss battle of 2013

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LanternCorps (55 posts) -

name the game and boss...

what was the best boss battle of 2013...

was it arkham origins deathstroke?

#2 Posted by CrownKingArthur (2016 posts) -

adam orth versus employment

#3 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (4810 posts) -

Uhm.... Aiden vs CIA in Beyond Two Souls. Lol !

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

Erm, I'm struggling to actually think of any as crazy as that is...

Can someone name some examples for me? :P

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -

I think it's Monsoon from Rising.

Pretty much any boss from Rising that isn't the final boss.

Kid X-Mas from Remember Me. That soundtrack. Too good. Should be banned.

#6 Edited by PhazonBlazer (10983 posts) -

Tom Nook, Animal Crossing New Leaf.

#7 Edited by LanternCorps (55 posts) -
#8 Edited by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -

what about deathstroke from batman origins

I haven't played that one yet :p

I've heard it's pretty tough though.

#9 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@freedomfreak: Dat avatar.... dat sig.....

I might actually have to chanfe my vote in the SW awards for best sig and avatar...

#10 Edited by hotdiddykong (1972 posts) -

There are so many amazing bosses in The Wonderful 101, its hard to choose just one, if any, ill go with the multi head dragon, the satisfaction of slicing him in half was amazing.

#11 Posted by Blabadon (23873 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Erm, I'm struggling to actually think of any as crazy as that is...

Can someone name some examples for me? :P

Same here

#12 Edited by wolverine4262 (18363 posts) -

The Deathstroke battle was pretty cinematic and difficult, but not my favorite. Personally Im having a hard time deciding between boss fights from DmC and Remember Me.

#13 Edited by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Dat avatar.... dat sig.....

I might actually have to chanfe my vote in the SW awards for best sig and avatar...

I'll take on Queelag tomorrow :p

Got her below 50% of her health. Died. I will get it done, no doubt!

#14 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I might actually have to change my vote in the SW awards for best sig and avatar...

Did you get distracted by her... figure, for just long enough to get stabbed? :P

#15 Edited by bobbetybob (18871 posts) -

The Bob Barbas fight in DMC was pretty great, it was pretty much all style over substance but most boss fights are these days.

#16 Edited by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Did you get distracted by her... figure, for just long enough to get stabbed? :P

Well, she does this kind of explosion attack. Does major damage. Besides that, it's pretty easy to avoid/block her attacks. I also got surprised by the fire that came out of her ass.

I should be able to beat her ass though. And I'll never get distracted by a half spider, half woman thing :p
Ewwww!!!

#17 Edited by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Well, she does this kind of explosion attack. Does major damage. Besides that, it's pretty easy to avoid/block her attacks. I also got surprised by the fire that came out of her ass.

I should be able to beat her ass though. And I'll never get distracted by a half spider, half woman thing :p

Ewwww!!!

hahah. Yeah, that attack is really powerful, and hard to predict too, but she sorta pauses and shivers a moment before she does it, so once you notice it you can leg it :D .

I got distracted by her... she's an abomination... that ugly spider.... but beautiful woman... whaaa?

#18 Edited by mems_1224 (44803 posts) -
#19 Edited by g0ddyX (3742 posts) -

Definetly DMC, Metal Gear Rising and GOW Ascension are up there that I can remember.

#20 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3646 posts) -

Monsoon from MGSR

That News Caster dude from DMC

#21 Edited by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

hahah. Yeah, that attack is really powerful, and hard to predict too, but she sorta pauses and shivers a moment before she does it, so once you notice it you can leg it :D .

I got distracted by her... she's an abomination... that ugly spider.... but beautiful woman... whaaa?

Exactly. If I get that down, she should be easy enough.

Her design is certainly something :p
I'm arachnophobic. So if I beat this, then I'll beat the entire game 8)

#22 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3646 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: Who are you?....for some weird reason, your comments managed to make me crack out laughs for the third time

#23 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Exactly. If I get that down, she should be easy enough.

Her design is certainly something :p

I'm arachnophobic. So if I beat this, then I'll beat the entire game 8)

Did I mention there is a much bigger spider later on? :P

#24 Edited by CrownKingArthur (2016 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09: thank you very much. im nobody important, i just like to make jokes. im definitely not into annoying people, or trolling - that's not my bag, baby.

im all about harmless fun and laughing.

#25 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8280 posts) -

@lanterncorps said:

what about deathstroke from batman origins

I haven't played that one yet :p

I've heard it's pretty tough though.

You must have to fight him several times, because I've faced off against him early on so far and he was a really easy QTE fest... It was really disappointing to say the least.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Damn. :no:

As long as the animation is mediocre. Well animated spiders are worse, because they look real :p

#27 Edited by Vatusus (3802 posts) -

Raiden vs Jetstream Sam

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

OR

The last Boss from GoW: Ascension (visually is just mouth-opening)

#28 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37529 posts) -

People praising the Deathstroke fight? It's like 3 sections of QTEs. Cinematic to look at but really shitty gameplay wise and then it's just.... over and that's that. Hardly a talking point

I've heard the boss battles from Rising are great but I haven't had a chance to get in and play it yet, stupid PC version is almost 24GB to download and it's taking me forever

#29 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6727 posts) -

Ellie vs David in The Last of Us is certainly the most memorable.

Honorable mentions include:

Bob Barbas in DmC

Sam in MGS: R

Deadshot in Batman AO

#30 Edited by foxhound_fox (85361 posts) -

stupid PC version is almost 24GB to download

Holy fucking shit.

I'm glad I bought the PS3 version.

Hell, the opening fight with Metal Gear Ray in the tutorial section in Rising is better than most boss fights this generation.

The Vergil fight at the end of DmC was more fun than mechanically good. It built up to that point and was a tough and fulfilling fight. Since I haven't finished Rising yet (just got to the third (?) chapter) I'll name Dante/Vergil as my favourite from 2013.

#31 Edited by Thefatness16 (4671 posts) -

Gonna go with Senator Armstrong, followed by most of MH3U.

#32 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9922 posts) -

People praising the Deathstroke fight? It's like 3 sections of QTEs. Cinematic to look at but really shitty gameplay wise and then it's just.... over and that's that. Hardly a talking point

I've heard the boss battles from Rising are great but I haven't had a chance to get in and play it yet, stupid PC version is almost 24GB to download and it's taking me forever

Just watched it on youtube, totally agree it's a pretty terrible boss fight! Was expecting much more considering the amount of praise it's been getting.

#33 Posted by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

Ellie vs David in The Last of Us is certainly the most memorable.

That was indeed pretty memorable.

Also the Dragon in Puppeteer, that was pretty amazing.

#34 Edited by hippiesanta (9307 posts) -

Ellie vs Nolan North in The Last of Us is certainly the most memorable.

This ......

#35 Posted by Joedgabe (4994 posts) -

To me was that Snow Tiger in monster hunter 3 Ultimate. That was one hell of a fight.. then again i haven't played a lot of games from 2013!

#36 Edited by bbkkristian (14350 posts) -

The Final Battle of Tales of Xillia (Guias and {spoiler})

Fire Emblem Awakening: Vs. The Mad King and Grima

Pokemon X/Y: Vs. Lysandre

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Vs. Lucifer

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: Final Battle

Ni No Kuni: Vs. Nightmares

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn: Titan, Garuda, Ultima Weapon, Crystal Tower's King Behemoth

#37 Posted by Motokid6 (4613 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Starchild.

Dem choices.. so choice.

#38 Edited by pc-ps360 (3444 posts) -

believe it or not it ninja gaiden razors edge boss 3. the female that changes here arms. even tho the game is mediocre at best and very inferior to previous entries but this boss is amazing. and i felt the game was outstanding when fighting this boss.

#39 Posted by jg4xchamp (45967 posts) -

Jetstream Sam.

Fight was hype.

#40 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Damn.

As long as the animation is mediocre. Well animated spiders are worse, because they look real :p

Haha ah don't worry, I'm just messing with you... (or am I?)

#41 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2278 posts) -

Any boss in MGR with special mention to Armstrong ("DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR!") or David in TLOU.

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Guess I'll have to find out :p

I beat her, btw.

#43 Edited by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I beat her, btw.

Good going, you rung the second bell now?

It only gets easier harder from here.

I wish you the best of luck with Sen's Fortress, I recommend you summoning to get an idea how to progress through it if you struggle.

#44 Posted by AtariKidX (6138 posts) -

God of War ascension...............the hecatonchires.Best battle ever.

#45 Edited by MlauTheDaft (2740 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@_Matt_ said:

She's weak to magic so buff up if you can. Magic weapon is pretty easy to acquire. Combine it with Power Within and you're going to do a truckload of damage.

Also, you can do a summon right outside her fog.

I beat her, btw.

Bugger. Too late.

#46 Posted by ACP_45 (416 posts) -

Dark Souls ?

#47 Edited by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

I wish you the best of luck with Sen's Fortress, I recommend you summoning to get an idea how to progress through it if you struggle.

Yeah, 2nd bell rung. Lit the bonfire in Demon Ruins. Yeah, I'll try and summon more. Haven't really done that.

She's weak to magic so buff up if you can. Magic weapon is pretty easy to acquire. Combine it with Power Within and you're going to do a truckload of damage.

Bugger. Too late.

I appreciate it though :p

I wanted to summon, but I was so convinced I was gonna lose again, so I decided not to use a humanity to reverse my hollowing.

Got her with the battleaxe. I couldn't wield it one-handed because of my strength, but I switched to two-handed to attack her. And back to One-handed for blocking. Did a lot of damage.

#48 Edited by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah, 2nd bell rung. Lit the bonfire in Demon Ruins. Yeah, I'll try and summon more. Haven't really done that.

@MlauTheDaft said:

Bugger. Too late.

I appreciate it though :p

I wanted to summon, but I was so convinced I was gonna lose again, so I decided not to use a humanity to reverse my hollowing.

Got her with the battleaxe. I couldn't wield it one-handed because of my strength, but I switched to two-handed to attack her. And back to One-handed for blocking. Did a lot of damage.

Two hand that beast ;)

Good plan, as long as you're careful with using humanity you should be ok. A good tip is to place your soapstone down every time you lose humanity, and get summoned, so you always earn that humanity back.

#49 Posted by freedomfreak (36480 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Two hand that beast ;)

Good plan, as long as you're careful with using humanity you should be ok. A good tip is to place your soapstone down every time you lose humanity, and get summoned, so you always earn that humanity back.

I didn't know you got humanity for doing that :p

Thanks!

#50 Posted by _Matt_ (8382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Two hand that beast ;)

I didn't know you got humanity for doing that :p

Thanks!

Yeah you earn an extra humanity every time you co-op and help another player defeat a boss.

I think you also get humanity for killing a player when you invade them too... but I'm not evil enough to do that