Behold the digital trigger.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Well, too make a long story short, the last 2 years i have battled tendinitis and carpal tunnel. I'm 37 years old and you probably thinking , what do I care old fart, but it's coming and it will be sooner than later. The older you get , the faster time goes, because for a 20 year old person 5 years is 1/4 of your life. For a 40 year old person 5 years is only 1/8 of his life.

So 5 years is for a 20 year old simply double as long as for a 40 year old.

I'm a good comparison for you youngsters because I was interesed in computers and gaming since i was 8 years old and I've done a lot of computer work and gaming since that time. Something a lot of people my age can't say, but you youngsters are all a lot more into computers and gaming that my generation was.

So these injuries will be alot more frequent for your generation and now I will tell you what will be your worst enemies later in life besides smoking (i quit for 4 months already, thank god). The biggest enemy you will have is keyboard/ mouse and analog triggers

If you like keyboard and mouse gaming, try to find a job that doesn't involve a keyboard and mouse because you will end up stopping that job and stopping keyboard and mouse gaming. A great alternative will be Virtual reality and an omnidirectional treadmill like the omni, I know it's the future, but i will cost more than a keyboard and mouse. It will also make you physically more active.

A great alternative is also a controller but analog triggers are a nightmare, after all these years I suddenly realized that analog triggers are the worst decision when i comes to your tendons health. When not playing racing games, they're close to useless. You have third party contollers that use digital triggers , like the hori gem pad. The wii u pro controller uses digital triggers as well.

So, save yourself and use digital triggers on a controller, because you can be sure, in your thirties/fourties you will leave tha mouse and keyboard for what it is when you're an avid gamer and the controller will be your only option for seated gaming.