Bayonetta 2 looks like a last gen game

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

I don't see anything about B2 that looks impressive or is far beyond what 360/PS3 can do already.

That's what happens when you have a last gen GPU/CPU and only 1GB usable RAM lol

First two are Bayonetta 2, which doesn't far surpass God of War 3 or GoW: Ascension.

Latter two show what a real beautiful next gen game should look like. 1080p, clean (not blurry and messy like B2), better animations and real next gen particle effects

Wii U Bayonetta 2

#2 Edited by jg4xchamp (47905 posts) -

Who cares? The game will be sublime mechanically, if the level design/boss fights are up to snuff with the original, then it'll be another fantastic action game.

#3 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3542 posts) -

So?

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (30018 posts) -

Someone's jelly he won't be able to play it on its 360\PS3

#5 Edited by Zassimick (6458 posts) -

I am appalled by the atrocious visuals. If only the gameplay could make up for it.

#7 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2878 posts) -

It's on a last gen console makes sense that it looks like one.

#8 Edited by LustForSoul (5875 posts) -

I was in love with the first Bayonetta. Too bad I'm never ever getting a WiiU to get the second one.

#10 Edited by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

This is why the Wii U will fail. It will never create something that is breathtaking like what PS4 will soon do.

That's why millions aren't buying the console. It doesn't offer anything that a last gen console can't do.

Bayonetta 2 will flop anyways. Nearly the same exact experience as on PS3/360.

Infamous: Second Son will sell millions more because it gives that fresh next generation experience - there will be new things to see that are not possible on previous consoles.

And check this out. This will never be done on the Wii U:

Deep Down actual gameplay

And this will be the $60 "next gen" Bayo 2 experience lol

Bayo 2 particle effects

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (30018 posts) -

This is why the Wii U will fail. It will never create something that is breathtaking like what PS4 will soon do.

That's why they aren't buying the console. It doesn't offer anything that a last gen console can't do.

Bayonetta 2 will flop anyways. Same exact experience as on PS3. Second Son will sell millions more because it gives a fresh next generation experience - there will be some new things to see not possible on previous consoles.

[img]http://i.minus.com/iWUhy3WCgXUNq.gif[/img]

Bayo 2 lol

[img]http://i.minus.com/ib0Fu0eYFb8jcA.gif[/img]

Because graphics is all that matters

#12 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9556 posts) -

Someone's still mad that it's exclusive to the Wii-U.

#13 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

oh no! The graphics havent made the super duper ultra huge leap to next gen! woe is me sigh

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (8317 posts) -

But its still better than any XboxSony title.

#15 Edited by Devil-Itachi (4372 posts) -

It's aiming for 1080p@60fps, why would you expect it to look much different then current gen games on the Wii U?

#16 Edited by osirisx3 (1772 posts) -

lol everything on xbox and ps4 look last gen to pc. xbox one more like xbox 720p lol last gen.

#17 Posted by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

except your wrong and that Looks good are you blind?

and 1080p 60 FPS is a good deal

#18 Edited by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

For this type of game it should show something better than God of War 3 and Ascension.

Not only is the Wii U supposed to be a console that comes after 360/PS3 and be more advanced, but now Sheep can't use the excuse that Bayonetta 2 was rushed or not given enough attention by the developers, like other multiplats. This is an exclusive game and should be a leading, graphical showcase for the Wii U.

And lol that graphics don't matter. Bayo 2 is the definition of mindless eye candy.

If PS4 can show incredible 1080p visuals for a sandbox game or an upcoming multiplayer game like Deep Down, then Bayo 2 should also look better because Platinum is not spending time on the stupid storyline and writing of this series.

This is like the Transformers of video games (without the commercial success) and should be showing off graphics.

#19 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11232 posts) -

As long as it's fun I don't care. If I want eye candy I'll look for another game.

#20 Posted by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

except your wrong and that Looks good are you blind?

and 1080p 60 FPS is a good deal

1080p is not confirmed.

And this looks ugly compared to Deep Down. Doesn't even look like it's from the same era

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/1535/15353747/2408443-7639030494-i0RSe.gif

http://i.minus.com/iWUhy3WCgXUNq.gif

#21 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

For this type of game it should show something better than God of War 3 and Ascension.

Not only is the Wii U supposed to be a console that comes after 360/PS3 and be more advanced, but now Sheep can't use the excuse that Bayonetta 2 was rushed or not given enough attention by the developers, like other multiplats. This is an exclusive game and should be a leading, graphical showcase for the Wii U.

And lol that graphics don't matter. Bayo 2 is the definition of mindless eye candy.

If PS4 can show incredible 1080p visuals for a sandbox game or an upcoming multiplayer game like Deep Down, then Bayo 2 should also look better because Platinum is not spending time on the stupid storyline and writing of this series.

This is like the Transformers of video games (without the commercial success) and should be showing off graphics.

graphics, graphics, graphics, take yourself off repeat please. but sure lets have suitable graphics for this day and age, why not.

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (23540 posts) -

Bayonetta is the kind of game you judge on its gameplay than on its graphics.

#23 Posted by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

@speak_low said:

@MonsieurX said:

graphics, graphics, graphics, take yourself off repeat please. but sure lets have suitable graphics for this day and age, why not.

If not this shallow eye candy, brain-dead game, then what game is the Wii U going to show to impress people? You do realize 1080p is even harder for the Wii U to do in an open world sandbox game, or a big third-person action game? Wii U should show off better visuals for this type of quick and easy action game like Bayo 2. Millions are waiting and that's why they are not buying or upgrading to a Wii U, because it's not enough of a jump from last gen experiences.

PS4, however, is a massive jump. One look at the Deep Down gifs already proves it. That's why PS4 is closing in on 3 million worldwide already, and will beat the Wii U soon.

Sheep always say graphics don't matter when it's proven the console is too weak. That's their fallback statement and they are repeating themselves from the Wii years.

B-b-but HD doesn't matter

Bu-bu-but graphics have reached a point where we can't tell the difference.

#24 Posted by kitty (114673 posts) -

Graphics don't mean everything. There is seriously something wrong with gamers these days. They don't care about gameplay, it's graphics and nothing else. You've already seen whats happened to the games with the good graphics. Ryse and Killzone score wise. Gameplay and story matter more.

#25 Posted by nini200 (9697 posts) -

or X1/PS4

#26 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26493 posts) -

Must... not... repeat GIF...

#27 Edited by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

Graphics don't mean everything. There is seriously something wrong with gamers these days. They don't care about gameplay, it's graphics and nothing else. You've already seen whats happened to the games with the good graphics. Ryse and Killzone score wise. Gameplay and story matter more.

Graphics are not everything but no one is responding to what I said above.

The Wii U needs more games to represent its power (it needs to prove it's far above 360/PS3 to the average consumer), and it's in dire need to do so because it's not selling right now.

If Bayonetta 2 is going to get a pass, and the Wii U barely has enough games as it is, then what is the next game? Wii U has no game visually now with the wow factor the way PS4 does. All the sales are going to PS4 and Xbox One because they feel the upgrade is justified.

You all realize that the PS4 is going to release one game after another that is 1080p right? And across all genres - no excuses that a certain game wasn't meant to be a graphical showpiece: sports, racing, sandbox, RPG, action/adventure, FPS will all look next gen, most will be 1080p, and most will have next gen effects impossible to do on 360/PS3.One right after another. Even if the reviews are bad or mediocre, PS4 more than makes up for it with the output of games at a relentless pace.

Wii U has the Sheep fanbase making excuses for Bayo 2 already (a mashtastic action game) but they offer no other examples and now they just say they only care about gameplay and not graphics. But Sheep saying this will not help the Wii U sales. It needs better graphics even if you claim to not care.

If graphics never mattered than why not save money and stick with PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii forever until 2020?

I don't think anyone is getting my point, or they do but don't want to admit the Wii U is lacking something the competition has right now.

#28 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

Agreed. the mindset needs to change.

#29 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

looks good enough to eat.

#30 Edited by trugs26 (5395 posts) -

Looks good enough to me.

@speak_low said:

@2ndwonder said:

Graphics are not everything but no one is responding to what I said above.

The Wii U needs more games to represent its power (it needs to prove it's far above 360/PS3 to the average consumer), and it's in dire need to do so because it's not selling right now.

If Bayonetta 2 is going to get a pass, and the Wii U barely has enough games as it is, then what is the next game? Wii U has no game visually now with the wow factor the way PS4 does. All the sales are going to PS4 and Xbox One because they feel the upgrade is justified.

You all realize that the PS4 is going to release one game after another that is 1080p right? And across all genres - no excuses that a certain game wasn't meant to be a graphical showpiece: sports, racing, sandbox, RPG, action/adventure, FPS will all look next gen, most will be 1080p, and most will have next gen effects impossible to do on 360/PS3.One right after another. Even if the reviews are bad or mediocre, PS4 more than makes up for it with the output of games at a relentless pace.

Wii U has the Sheep fanbase making excuses for Bayo 2 already (a mashtastic action game) but they offer no other examples and now they just say they only care about gameplay and not graphics. But Sheep saying this will not help the Wii U sales. It needs better graphics even if you claim to not care.

If graphics never mattered than why not save money and stick with PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii forever until 2020?

I don't think anyone is getting my point, or they do but don't want to admit the Wii U is lacking something the competition has right now.

In videogames, gameplay is king. The technology (and graphical output) is simply the medium in which we experience the game. Believe it or not, but you can have extremely compelling games without good graphics (example: go play Half-Life 1, it's still an amazing game and is so much better than any other FPS out today - regardless of its graphical output).

The technology is the framework developers work within, but they should not be dictated by it. So as long as the technology does not go backwards (ie the framework is not getting smaller to work within), then I don't see a problem. So Wii U's graphical capability is good enough for developers to work with. That's the point, and that's why graphics really don't mean everything.

#31 Edited by Vaasman (11347 posts) -

Playing Bayonetta for the graphics is like playing Ryse for the gameplay.

Although I guess the analogy doesn't totally work, since Bayonetta looks acceptable while Ryse plays like a piece of shit.

#32 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42716 posts) -

It's a good thing we're playing the games we buy instead of just--you know--watching them.

#33 Edited by Chozofication (2821 posts) -

It looks head and shoulders above the original Bayonetta, actually.

First of all, the framerate should be MUCH closer to locked 60fps this time, and there's 0 screen tear. Bayonetta was one of the worst offenders of screen tearing.

Lighting, scale, colors, poly counts are all vastly improved, the first game had an ugly muted brown and grey color pallet typical of big games back then, ala gears. It looked bad, but Bayo 2 looks incredible.

Infamous is foggy, overly post processed with muted color, and deep down just looks like trash.

#34 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2579 posts) -

It's on a last gen console makes sense that it looks like one.

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (40032 posts) -

Haha bayonetta is gthereatest

Seriousyl, bahack and slash.

#36 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Everything is bad with Bayonetta except the fluid combat.
Its cheesy anime and J-pop trash. Great for anime and cartoon lovers.

#37 Edited by Ghost120x (3800 posts) -

Looks good to me.

#38 Posted by super600 (30523 posts) -

That's why millions aren't buying the console. It doesn't offer anything that a last gen console can't do.

Infamous: Second Son will sell millions more because it gives that fresh next generation experience - there will be new things to see that are not possible on previous consoles.

Bayo 2 particle effects

Infamous Scond son won;t sell millions.It will sell like the last two games.

#39 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25168 posts) -

funny because all the games on Xbox One and PS4 look like they could be done on a PS3 or 360.

#40 Edited by MonsieurX (30018 posts) -

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

Bayo 2 particle effects

And much less considering the install base

#41 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25168 posts) -

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

Bayo 2 particle effects

I'm pretty sure Infamous Second Son will be the best selling PS4 game next to infamous.

You underestimate the amount of 360 players who wanted to play Infamous, but couldn't because it wasn't on 360.

#42 Posted by idill23 (1095 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@MonsieurX said:

or X1/PS4

#43 Edited by Basinboy (11090 posts) -

Yeah, it does. And it's gonna be rad.

#44 Posted by ActicEdge (24464 posts) -

I dunno, the bayonetta gif is pretty epic tbh. I also dunno why Bayonetta running at 60 FPS is being compared to GOW:A which had an unclocked framerate that ran between 40 and 30 FPS. Bayonetta 2 looks pretty clean, 720p, 60 FPS and boosts a lot of visual edge over the original. Seems good to me. I think we all know the WiiU is not in the PS4/X1's league, its been clear from the start.

#45 Posted by super600 (30523 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

Bayo 2 particle effects

I'm pretty sure Infamous Second Son will be the best selling PS4 game next to infamous.

You underestimate the amount of 360 players who wanted to play Infamous, but couldn't because it wasn't on 360.

I highly doubt it. That game will get destroyed by titanfall probably.

#46 Posted by Bigboi500 (29636 posts) -

So much jelly.

#47 Edited by silversix_ (14294 posts) -

Last gen console last gen games, what's the problem?

#48 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25168 posts) -

@super600: maybe, but Killzone Shadowfall did just break 1 million.

#49 Posted by nini200 (9697 posts) -

@idill23 said:

@nini200 said:

@MonsieurX said:

or X1/PS4

IT'S CHUCK!!! :D

#50 Posted by Speak_Low (1016 posts) -

@super600: maybe, but Killzone Shadowfall did just break 1 million.

That's what I was going by too. Killzone Shadowfall had an amazing 24% attach rate in November's debut. Far higher than Mario 3D World. To me that means PS4 owners, unlike Sheep, are actually going out and buying the games and supporting the major releases.

Infamous 1 sold 2.7 million; Infamous 2 sold around 1.6 million.

I see Infamous: Second Son easily beating Bayonetta 2 and selling 2-3 million.

And still lol at people telling me gameplay is the only thing that matters again. I already addressed this: That means it's completely useless for MS, Sony and Nintendo to spend billions of dollars upgrading these consoles. We might as well still play Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 because that had gameplay too.

What Sheep will still refuse to admit is technology excites not only us gamers but developers. They need technological headroom (that is why we have new consoles every few years) and be able to play around with new effects, technology and feel challenged as creative artists. It adds new gameplay possibilities. You do realize that Bayonetta 2 works better with upgraded console technology with so much going on the screen instead of on Wii or PS2?

Sheep don't listen to their own advice. Most of the gameplay they are excited about is really because the newer, HD era allows much more stuff to happen on screen. Those "epic" moments you like in games is because of technology and graphics.