Bayonetta 2 centric Nintendo Direct - Video available

• 50 results
#1 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Here's a video to the Direct (if you missed it):

Or if you just want to see the newest trailer:

#2 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25991 posts) -

I'll be sure to watch it.

#3 Edited by bunchanumbers (1948 posts) -

Excellent news. Will be fun to play a game with a witch around Halloween.

#4 Posted by Seabas989 (10689 posts) -

Imma be working but will watch when I have the chance.

#5 Posted by Pffrbt (6589 posts) -

I'm tempted to watch this but at the same time I really want to hold off on spoiling too much.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15288 posts) -

@Pffrbt

Really ? Its a Platinum Game, its not a big deal.

#7 Posted by big_mak523 (177 posts) -

A whole direct for Bayonetta 2? What could they show that they haven't already. I've seen enough to warrant a purchase, but maybe this will be the start of a big advertising campaign. This game is gonna need it.

#8 Posted by Pffrbt (6589 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: What a transparent attempt at getting on my nerves.

#9 Edited by madsnakehhh (14764 posts) -

Definitely gonna watch it, hopefully they won't spoil that much of the game and hopefully they will announce some nice things.

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15288 posts) -

@Pffrbt

Okay.......

#11 Posted by superbuuman (3065 posts) -

Nice but a part of me says don't watch it...cause it might reveal too much about the game...btu then again they could just be showing what they've already shown. *might watch* :P

#12 Edited by Shmiity (5216 posts) -

Can they hurry up and announce a western release date for Fatal Frame?

#13 Posted by SolidTy (45136 posts) -

I lost interest in Bayonetta 2 when I found long ago Kamiya wasn't directing it. Still, I hope it's good so my interest picks up again.

@Shmiity said:

Can they hurry up and announce a western release date for Fatal Frame?

This all day, every day.

#14 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25991 posts) -

@big_mak523: This is nothing new

#15 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Hey guys, I just fixed the info in both the title. I'll talk to a mod and see if we can still use this thread once the video comes up.

#16 Posted by MirkoS77 (8000 posts) -

Oh I'll be sure to be revited to the screen. Nothing gets me more enthused for a game than hearing a developer in a suit speaking a language I don't understand about it.

Commence!

#17 Posted by trugs26 (5749 posts) -

Keen to watch this.

#18 Posted by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Hey guys, I just fixed the info in both the title. I'll talk to a mod and see if we can still use this thread once the video comes up.

Contact charizard1605, he should help you out.

#19 Posted by yokofox33 (30137 posts) -

Sweet. I'll be home in time to watch it. Looking forward to seeing how the game has progressed.

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Alright, I just finished talking with char. He approves the idea of this thread being the focus of all discussion in regards to Bayonetta 2 and this Direct.

#21 Posted by gamefan67 (9928 posts) -

Awesome I'll be home by then, I wonder if anything new will be shown or will it just be approx 30 mins of more of the same.

Really want this game to sell more than 5 copies.

#22 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

I added the link to the EU stream location for when that starts. I'll get the NA link when that approaches.

#23 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6689 posts) -

since I have the game preordered I will just skip the direct, so I won't see any possible spoilers :o

#24 Posted by Aljosa23 (25640 posts) -

Neat, will be tuning in. Here's hoping they announce a demo after the stream.

#25 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Alright, I added the North American link. About over an hour left.

#26 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Seven minutes left folks.

#27 Posted by yokofox33 (30137 posts) -

That treehouse chick was hot. Those tattoos and nose ring tho...

#28 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Wow, Iwata is not making many appearances in these, I've noticed. He hardly appeared in Mario Kart 8's Direct.

#29 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

A Fox McCloud outfit? Really, Platinum?

#30 Posted by hiphops_savior (7994 posts) -

@yokofox33: It's a different flavour. Kind of like cheese (and my account gets hate messages for being a chauvinist/misogynist).

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (41944 posts) -

This seems aimed at those who have never played Bayonetta.

DODGE AT THE RIGHT TIME TO ACTIVATE WITCH MODE.

I know.

#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

This is easily the best game on the WiiU.

#33 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

This seems aimed at those who have never played Bayonetta.

DODGE AT THE RIGHT TIME TO ACTIVATE WITCH MODE.

I know.

It makes a bit of sense, considering those who only had a Wii never played Bayonetta, so...

#34 Edited by gamefan67 (9928 posts) -

Game looks bonkers.

Day 1 purchase for me. I hope more costumes get revealed.

#35 Edited by freedomfreak (41944 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

It makes a bit of sense, considering those who only had a Wii never played Bayonetta, so...

Oh yeah, totally. I mean, not only Wii owners, but nobody has played Bayonetta. Might as well make as many people aware of it.

#36 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -

Looked pretty good honestly. Definitely getting it day one.

#37 Posted by PikachuDude860 (1157 posts) -

Looks awesome. I see no reason for it not to sell. A game that good should sell over 1 million easily.

Now if only Nintendo would do some marketing...

#38 Posted by big_mak523 (177 posts) -

Seeing that Fox costume makes me hope that Nintendo would bring in Platinum to help develop Star Fox. They mentioned bringing in other studios to help get it out by next year, and platinum is awesome!.

#39 Posted by PikachuDude860 (1157 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

That treehouse chick was hot. Those tattoos and nose ring tho...

I feel the same way.

#40 Posted by sailor232 (4986 posts) -

Great direct, definitely made for those that haven't played the game yet though. Peach costume is amazing.

#41 Edited by jg4xchamp (49319 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

#42 Posted by m_machine024 (15076 posts) -

Hmmmm ok..... game looks really really fun. :O Story looks just ok but who cares. lol

Even though of all Nintendo outfits, Fox looks the best, I think Krystal would a better choice but whatever I won't use those outfits anyway. :P

#43 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27484 posts) -

Here are some Japanese commercials:

#44 Posted by lamprey263 (24686 posts) -

I was already sold on getting this the moment I heard it was coming to the Wii U... but damn, watching these videos makes me want it real bad. And the game coming with the original Bayonetta is just icing on the cake. I'm not sure what I should do when I get this, jump right in to Bayonetta 2, or replay the original fire (which I no longer have and haven't for some time).

What I loved about the first is that it was very challenging. And if it wasn't challenging just to get through it was challenging in obtaining the best ratings trophies for each stages, which made it very replayable. What I loved about the increased difficulty too was it wasn't just a lazy difficulty like say increasing enemy damage and weaker player attacks, they actually changed up the enemies you encountered through the game so it wasn't entirely a repeat experience. But, even a challenging game isn't such a bad thing when you have responsive and solid combat, which Bayonetta did exceptionally well. If the second game has everything I loved about the first I'll be well satisfied.

I'm looking forward to some costume unlocks. I'm especially curious about Nintendo costumes... however, I'm kind of curious if this content will be locked out to Amiibo support, and they really didn't say that, but I've a feeling they will. Tag Climax seems like a cool feature, I just hope that players can play as same characters, like if two players wanna play the same character then it's allowed. I'm glad it's confirmed too that the physical retail copy will come with both games, as I was worried that might be a digital option only.

I remember the first game people were critical of it saying that story was non-existent, or that it was cheesy and over the top. Normally that would be a valid criticism but IMO that's a strength of this, as Platinum seems to own it when they do it. And it's rather inconsequential because the game is about the combat, which they mastered with it's challenge, it's replay value, is solid mechanics.

I hope this game does really well, as I'd love to see a stronger partnership between Platinum and Nintendo blossom. Hopefully somewhere in that future involves a Vanquish sequel.

#45 Posted by freedomfreak (41944 posts) -

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I'm not that bored, so here goes.

Free Bayonetta with Bayonetta 2 is a US-only promotion

"A free copy of the original Bayonetta will not be included in the solus edition of Bayonetta 2 in the UK and Europe, Nintendo has clarified. Instead, the offer will be limited to the US."

"Confirmation follows confusion overnight following the announcement of Bayonetta 2's Special Edition (£44.99) and First Print Edition (£59.99), which both include a physical disc-based copy of the original game alongside Bayonetta 2, and the solus edition "which includes just Bayonetta 2".

#46 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

Can't wait. One of my fav games last gen.

#47 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6137 posts) -

Omg that looks horrible. Poor sheep settle for shitty games.

Honestly, look at this compared to that Bayonetta trailer..

Srsly, sort that shit out Nintendo. Bloodborne looks better am I right? Or am I wrong because Nintendo?

#48 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18135 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Omg that looks horrible. Poor sheep settle for shitty games.

Honestly, look at this compared to that Bayonetta trailer..

Srsly, sort that shit out Nintendo. Bloodborne looks better am I right? Or am I wrong because Nintendo?

Get out.

#49 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18135 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Of all the craziness THIS is the part you think is too over the top? LOL

Thank heaven for Platinum games. Gamers take themselves WAY too seriously these days....

#50 Posted by commonfate (12611 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I'm not that bored, so here goes.

Free Bayonetta with Bayonetta 2 is a US-only promotion

"A free copy of the original Bayonetta will not be included in the solus edition of Bayonetta 2 in the UK and Europe, Nintendo has clarified. Instead, the offer will be limited to the US."

"Confirmation follows confusion overnight following the announcement of Bayonetta 2's Special Edition (£44.99) and First Print Edition (£59.99), which both include a physical disc-based copy of the original game alongside Bayonetta 2, and the solus edition "which includes just Bayonetta 2".

Making sure non-US peasants stay peasants.

I like it.

wii u is region locked?