Battlefield Premium - Is it worth it? Who has got it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shahilsyed
Member since 2010 • 654 Posts

When this was first announced, there was a huge uproar and a backlash how this was a attempt for EA to scrounge more money from their consumers. After a trailer was released and some more info was released, the backlash died down. More people got inteested in this as it offered all the expansions packs that will be released (just like VIP pass from BFBC2), new weapons and vehicles, assignments, dogtags and camo. I think this seems good. Has anyone bought this and what do they think of it? Is this worth the money?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

I bought it, I figured why the hell not.

I was going to get all of the DLC anyway.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
If you're going to buy all the DLC anyway, i don't see why not. I do hate EA with a passion though. They've returned to their shameless selves.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

I personally don't see the point as I already have B2K, have no interest in Close Quarters and don't know enough about the last 2 expansions to warrant a purchase. I'll most likely get Armored Kill though.

What I dislike is how EA/Dice is trying shove it down my throat by splashing it everywhere across Battlelogand making me know through the killcam that the guy that just killed me is a Premium player, as if I'm a lesser player. Fortunately I'm immune to that sort of BS tactics.

Voyant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Voyant
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
BF3 may be a shooter, but its honestly the one of the only shooters worth supporting. I'll get it eventually.
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shahilsyed

bump

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
While it makes sense if you want to buy the map packs... personally I haven't played the game for a month now so I have no interest in buying the maps period.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I was going to get the maps anyway, so yes.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Priority in server ques, exclusive double xp days, exclusive weapons.

Nothing like applying the free to play buy bonuses model to your non-free game.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

If your getting all the DLCs anyway you end up saving money and getting a lot of other extras. I myself am picking it up with my next paycheck.

@topgunmv - Those are just extras. If you only bought BF3 Premium for the maps you would still be saving money.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I haven't had time to play BF3 in a while.. when I do get back into it i'll probably pick it up, only because it's cheaper to get the Premium than to buy the map packs separately.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Already got it. If you're going to get the DLC then you might as well purchase it.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I don't play a ton of BF3 as it is, so I'm leaning on the fence. I've recently gotten back onto PC because lol console games. There was a tempting deal on Origin.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Priority in server ques, exclusive double xp days, exclusive weapons.

Nothing like applying the free to play buy bonuses model to your non-free game.

topgunmv

I don't like that much either.
But let's face it that players who bought the game are pretty much all maxed out, and new players would have a hell of a wall to climb to achieve anything in multiplayer right now. Imagine flying now without any unlocks. So I can somewhat understand the XP weekends. And I suppose they could have just introduced double XP weekends without people buying Premium if that were their goal... Nevermind. Self owned myself.
There isn't much good to say about bringing in FTP into a normal paid game.

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts
If I could get a discount for already owning B2K I would have already bought it. I'm still not sure.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
If I could get a discount for already owning B2K I would have already bought it. I'm still not sure.D1zzyCriminal
Yes! I feel that is what they should have done. People feel shafted if you tell them they are rebuying their LE bonus content. Cause there is no telling whether you get your money's worth. So this extra liability is killer to the deal.
Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Nope Only BF3 Fanboys who BTW bashed COD fanboys paying for Elite would support / pay for this crap.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I'd rather that they had just sold the game at that price to begin with, especially the $99 bundle on Origin right now. Even if it had been $150 up-front for the game, all the DLC, and to opt out of unlock grinding, I would have considered it.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

I probably will. They need to stop copying COD so much though, its actually ridiculous how they bashed COD elite then come out with this.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

It'll be worth it if they ever fix the game. Until then, it's just DLC for a beta.

If I do get it, it'll be for the ps3 version. Personally, I think things like this should span all the version you have.

EDIT #2: Any PC gamers know if Xfire's reports of number of online players per game is fairly accurate? If so, COD4 looks like it has a healthy community on PC.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shahilsyed

Nope Only BF3 Fanboys who BTW bashed COD fanboys paying for Elite would support / pay for this crap.

Far_RockNYC
You do realize that this Premium service already existed? It's just like a season pass, Rockstar Games and other developers started doing this for their games. ALso EA did exactly same thing for BFBC2 with VIP pass. I honestly see no hate.
Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#22 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

I might get it. If most of my region's server support most of the DLC

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I'm getting it tonight, since I'm getting all the DLC anyways and love the game, its a great way to save $15 and get a crap ton of extras (like server queue priority and a new knife and dogtag set).

I also want to add that I thought CoD Elite was a great service and I didn't bash it or anything, that was EA and a few morons who didn't know what it was yet. Personally though, I think that $15 for BF3's expansions is a much better deal then $15 for 5 maps and no new weapons or gear or anything in MW3, and the fact that its one time only is nicer as well.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#24 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
It's a bad game, so no, not really.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I don't buy DLC, so I don't think it's worth it.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

As much as I love BF3 and still play it regularly I don't understand why anyone would get this.

First, there's B2K. I already paid extra for the LE to get it, paying extra again seems dumb.

There's Close Quarters and that's it. Some extra bonuses here and there that don't really warrant the purchase. And 3 DLCs down the road of which we heard very little. Armored Kill we've seen very little. If it turns out as good as they advertise I'll definitely get it, but the truth is that very little was shown. Aftermath and End Game, no news at all.

I paid 34 euro for the LE (pre-ordered). Why would anyone pay 50 euro for 1 DLC plus the promise of 3 future DLC of which you know next to nothing?

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#27 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

for BF 3 veterans and enthusiasts, Premium is a no-brainer, I'm going to get it next week when 360 has access to the CQ expansion. timed DLC is SO annoying.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#28 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

As much as I love BF3 and still play it regularly I don't understand why anyone would get this.

First, there's B2K. I already paid extra for the LE to get it, paying extra again seems dumb.

There's Close Quarters and that's it. Some extra bonuses here and there that don't really warrant the purchase. And 3 DLCs down the road of which we heard very little. Armored Kill we've seen very little. If it turns out as good as they advertise I'll definitely get it, but the truth is that very little was shown. Aftermath and End Game, no news at all.

I paid 34 euro for the LE (pre-ordered). Why would anyone pay 50 euro for 1 DLC plus the promise of 3 future DLC of which you know next to nothing?

nunovlopes
obviously it doesn't cater to you, but most BF 3 active players are going to need to get all of the expansions to stay up to date with the game and the community, paying 50 dollars for 5 15 dollar booster expansions is not a bad deal at all. DICE always delivers.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
I'm only considering Armored Kill at this point (love using and taking down vehicles), but I need to see more of the maps and weapons.. I'm putting serious thought into this though, I don't usually get DLC but considering B2K has 4 of my 6 favorite maps in BF3 it has me more interested than any other DLC ever has.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pug-Nasty

I just bought it like an dumb ass. I'll let you know if it's worth it at all.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pug-Nasty

Well, if you do buy it, download it through the store rather than the game so the game won't freeze and potentially corrupt your entire system.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
I'll probably buy the Close Quarters, that's it. I'm a fan of infantry combat and have no interest in future expansions.....
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
If you're going to buy all the DLC anyway, i don't see why not. I do hate EA with a passion though. They've returned to their shameless selves. Ninja-Hippo
Yeah it's a huge shame, around 2007/2008 it really looked like they were going to become something special, you had Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Crysis, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space and a ton of other cool NEW stuff, it seems now like the only reason they bothered with that was so they could milk the crap out of it 4 years down the line.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

I personally don't see the point as I already have B2K, have no interest in Close Quarters and don't know enough about the last 2 expansions to warrant a purchase. I'll most likely get Armored Kill though.nunovlopes

Ditto.
Also, as you all know, EA is terrible. EA has spoken loud and clear about their direction for the future, and I think it's one that's sounding quite unappealing when combined with it being EA saying these things. From the get go Battlefield Premium is providing minor exclusive features and benefits at the expense of those who don't pay up, and I don't really want to find out where EA takes things from there. Especially when it's all attached to one of my favorite games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

for BF 3 veterans and enthusiasts, Premium is a no-brainer, I'm going to get it next week when 360 has access to the CQ expansion. timed DLC is SO annoying.

Dead-Memories
If it's SO annoying then why are you paying for it? You know if EA hadn't thought up Battlefield Premium no one would have to pay for "early access".
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Since I already have Back to Kharkland for pre-orderiing the game, I'm not paying $50 just to get 1 DLC and then have to wait for 2 DLC packs "down the road". $50 is not even hardly a discount. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that an "ultimate edition" of this game will be released, or at least all the DLC will be bundled and discounted once the last DLC comes out. Since i've sort of had my fill of the existing maps, I might actually sell my current copy, and just wait for Ultimate Edition down the line. I did that with Bad Company 2, I actually got lucky when KMART randomly had the Ultimate Edition for $29.99 not long after launch. I actually bought it, used the codes, then put it on ebay since people were paying $40 for used "Ultimate Edition" even without the codes. I have no idea why people are that stupid, but whatever...