Battlefield Hardline PS4 BETA can't sustain 60FPS Sony lies

• 53 results
#1 Posted by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

The Battlefield Hardline BETA frame rate tests swing wildly between 60FPS and even goes below 30 FPS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-battlefield-hardline-beta-performance-analysis

You've got to hand it to EA for a slick piece of fan-service. After completing its press conference with an action-packed look at Battlefield Hardline, the firm revealed that it was releasing beta code for PC and PS4 immediately, with none other than Sony VP of publishing and developer relations Adam Boyes popping up on stage to reveal how BF4 owners could get instant access to the code in all of its "1080p, 60fps glory". Live-streaming to the world is one thing, releasing code direct to gamers there and then is quite another - it's the ultimate crowd-pleaser, in this case marred by just one fact: the PS4 beta doesn't live up to the claims made for it.

Adam Boyes lying that Battlefield Hardline BETA will be available to PS4 fans in "1080p 60FPS glory". Now I have no reason not to think that the game will hit sustained 60FPS (Visceral have said 1080p/60FPS for both consoles) for the retail release, but why lie about the BETA Sony?

http://youtu.be/HCHM4QTMJVg?t=51m21s

#2 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

did he say stable 60fps?

#3 Posted by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

A beta... Really......

#4 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -

Oh shame. There there.

#5 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5815 posts) -

Its a beta... BF4 beta ran like shit even on the PC. The game is not even running at 1080p atm, but 1080p 60 is what EA is targeting on both the PS4, and X1.

#6 Posted by scatteh316 (4848 posts) -

When did Sony say it would be 60fps?

#7 Posted by FastRobby (1248 posts) -

What? Sony lying? They never lie!

#8 Edited by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -

Who cares? The game is terrible and probably poorly optimized

#9 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -

Think this game will have poor performance but still fun to play. Like a Jame Bond game from ea

#11 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Somebody doesn't know what a beta is.

#12 Posted by Blabadon (25934 posts) -

Lol PS4 is shit

#13 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2534 posts) -

Sony lied .? Shocking /Sarcasm

OK let's be serious , it's beta . It'll get better once it is finally out . However it still won't be able to provide top of the line experience at 60fps on high settings all the time.

#14 Posted by granddogg (409 posts) -

its not 1080p and its not 60fps......

#15 Edited by clyde46 (44983 posts) -

OK let's be serious , it's beta . It'll get better once it is finally out . However it still won't be able to provide top of the line experience at 60fps on high settings all the time.

You like to think that games improve from beta to release. Someone didn't tell Dice that when they launched BF4.

#16 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

Just imagine how bad xbone will be. BF4 was already 900p vs 720p and PS4 still had a much better framerate.

#17 Posted by freedom01 (612 posts) -

You're complaining about a beta....

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2534 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You like to think that games improve from beta to release. Someone didn't tell Dice that when they launched BF4.

True , but Visceral games are pretty good at optimization . It depends on how much time they've got from EA to ship the game .

#19 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (583 posts) -

Who cares, this game is nothing but a BF4 mod, a $60 mod.

Same interface

Same menus

Same fonts

Same killcam

Same sounds

Same shitty netcode

Same rubberbanding

Same slow pace

Same gunplay

Same game assets

Same glitches

Jesus, the blurry crosshair for sniper rifles is in there! After people complaining for it in BF4 for months, which is still probably there.

They just grabbed an early engine build from BF4 and started working on top of that

Buy this if you're an idiot.

#20 Posted by blamix99 (1678 posts) -

#21 Posted by Scipio8 (615 posts) -

No, I'm complaining about Sony claiming that PS4 users will be able to play Battlefield Hardline BETA in "1080p 60FPS glory". There is nothing sustained 60FPS or glorious about this BETA on the PS4. Sony could have shut their gobs and just said BETA coming first to PS4.

#22 Posted by chaplainDMK (6728 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@freedom01 said:

No, I'm complaining about Sony claiming that PS4 users will be able to play Battlefield Hardline BETA in "1080p 60FPS glory". There is nothing sustained 60FPS or glorious about this BETA on the PS4. Sony could have shut their gobs and just said BETA coming first to PS4.

You should go into politics.

#23 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

It can't sustain fun either, if the beta is anything to go by.

#24 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -
@Scipio8 said:

@freedom01 said:

More like the lem is using what little ammo they got. The funny part is he's too stupid enough to realize this just mean xbone will be even worse and is likely the reason xbone has no beta, to spare them the shame in comparisons lol.

#25 Edited by legendofsense (53 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@freedom01 said:

#26 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2770 posts) -

I am in the PC and PS4 beta. I would bet money this game ends up being 900p when it hits store shelves. When in vehicles the game drops below 30fps. It is in "beta" though so things could get better.

I am beginning to wonder if many gamers even know what 60 fps looks like. I have been in heated arguments on Twitch streams over frame rates. I never bring it up. I just correct people when they are wrong. Just last night there was an army of people claiming the Destiny alpha was a steady 60 fps. I explained to them that I too was in the alpha and and have spent a good amount of time with it. I then pointed them to the DF Tech Analysis that proved it was attempting to run at 30 fps. I got a lot of "That guy doesnt know what he's talking about." They could not understand how I was not insulting the PS4 as if saying the game was running at 30 fps was an insult to them and the console they love so much. Buzzwords and fanboys are getting more and more out of control. Hell I got kicked out of a Infamous stream for saying that game wasn't 60 fps. We're cool now though.

#27 Posted by m3dude1 (1169 posts) -

the game will not be 1080p 60 on either console. frostbite 3 is garbage

#28 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

It's 1600x900 at 30FPS. Sony's empire of dust crumbles. It's falling apart like a house of cards.

#29 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1360 posts) -

I am in the PC and PS4 beta. I would bet money this game ends up being 900p when it hits store shelves. When in vehicles the game drops below 30fps. It is in "beta" though so things could get better.

I am beginning to wonder if many gamers even know what 60 fps looks like. I have been in heated arguments on Twitch streams over frame rates. I never bring it up. I just correct people when they are wrong. Just last night there was an army of people claiming the Destiny alpha was a steady 60 fps. I explained to them that I too was in the alpha and and have spent a good amount of time with it. I then pointed them to the DF Tech Analysis that proved it was attempting to run at 30 fps. I got a lot of "That guy doesnt know what he's talking about." They could not understand how I was not insulting the PS4 as if saying the game was running at 30 fps was an insult to them and the console they love so much. Buzzwords and fanboys are getting more and more out of control. Hell I got kicked out of a Infamous stream for saying that game wasn't 60 fps. We're cool now though.

WOW, that's just sad. I do agree they'll make the frame rates steady on release but it'll be 900p. Personally, i find it depends on the game and situation to notice 60vs30fps. In the middle of combat situation, like FPS in this case, that's when i usually notice it more easily.

#30 Posted by m3dude1 (1169 posts) -

framerate will probly avg 50 fps or so, like bf4

#31 Edited by 10854 (108 posts) -

I'm still going to buy this game. As for beta and rates. I don't care.

Loot at all the cares I give below this line

#32 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16825 posts) -

it's a beta...

#33 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

Wow lems are such desperation after being destroy in E3. What is performance of beta in xbone?

#34 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2770 posts) -

@m3dude1: You do know that BF4 is 900p on PS4 right?

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

Sony lie number 28................. And that is just this year. Keep following that desperate, dying company.

#36 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4088 posts) -

Didn't EA say the same thing about the UFC demo being 1080p on the PS4 when it's 900p with better MSAA than the Xbone?

EA also said that BFH would be 1080p on the Xbone "just like the PS4."

Looks like this is EA lying to Sony and passing it on. You know, EA, that company MS crawled up to last year for Titanfall.

#37 Posted by Wild_man_22 (580 posts) -

Isn't "1080p 60 FPS" a buzz phrase at this point? Seems like publishers pretty much use it as a marketing tool at the moment.

#38 Edited by Sollet (7342 posts) -

What part of BETA do you not grasp @Scipio8?

Are you really this ignorant?

#39 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6146 posts) -

Gets 60fps after your character spawns and is standing still. Drops to 29fps the second you move. Labeled as a 60fps game.

#40 Posted by m3dude1 (1169 posts) -

@m3dude1: You do know that BF4 is 900p on PS4 right?

what post of mine is this question in reference to?

#41 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

an early beta doesn't hit 60fps? Guess devs won't be able to fix that in the MANY months to come before the game comes out.

You need to stop making threads. You're so butthurt, you leave a trail of blood everywhere you go.

#42 Posted by Evo_nine (1647 posts) -

@handssss said:

an early beta doesn't hit 60fps? Guess devs won't be able to fix that in the MANY months to come before the game comes out.

You need to stop making threads. You're so butthurt, you leave a trail of blood everywhere you go.

How do you fix the crappy GPU inside a ps4?

#43 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

Sony can't catch a break with their pathological streak of lying. Lie has short legs.

#44 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

When did Sony say it would be 60fps?

That's what I would like to know.

#45 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

they did and said that on their blogs for example and every single outlet has been reporting it

#46 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

TC reeks insecurity.

#47 Posted by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

maybe because it's a beta?

#48 Edited by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@handssss said:

How do you fix the crappy GPU inside a ps4?

replacing it with the xbone one

#49 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (276 posts) -

lol, even many PC gamers don't get consistent frame rates in most any game if they try to push the graphics which they all always do. I don't think the consistency of frame rates on a console is relevant when their gamepads have some 150ms + input lag compared to a mouse/kb on PC. You guys are overreacting cause even if the retail version is no different then at least all the other players are handicapped just the same. The human brain is really good at compensating for handicaps so it's not like there won't be skilled players on console just the same.

#50 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -