Battlefield Hardline delayed to early 2015

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3452 posts) -

Sauce

Huh, knowing EA and the fact the game seemed similar to BF4, this is genuinely surprising.

#2 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

lol they knew it would flop hard if they released this year. I was in the beta and it was nothing but a re-skinned crappier version of BF4.

#3 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: Lol another one. DA:I delayed to november.

#4 Edited by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

#5 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2460 posts) -

That's surprising, but good.

Honestly, i can't believe BF managed to be the most boring looking shooter of this season. I'm not that excited for Destiny, Evolve or Advance Warfare, but i'd take any of them over Hardline from what i've seen. I'd actually put the Master Chief collection of top of all of them, if it had a PC version aswell.

Oh, adn Inquistion delayed too? Lol

#6 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4794 posts) -

Pre order now!

#7 Posted by adamosmaki (9623 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

Probably another BF4 launch would be to big of backlash

#8 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@Wasdie said:

That's quite shocking. EA is actually going to go a year without a new modern military shooter to milk that audience.

The month long delay of Dragon Age was probably more to do with the fact that October is stupidly packed with games and they really want it to stand out.

I guess Titanfall was enough for them this year. Maybe they are starting to take a serious look at their schedules for games and finally addressing their poor QA they've had from all of the rushing.

Probably another BF4 launch would be to big of backlash

I don't know if the technical of Hardline would have been as poor as BF4 since they use the same engine. They've made a lot of improvements to BF4's netcode and I'm sure the Frostbite engine has had numerous upgrades to compensate for that.

It's more that Hardline really looked and played like a reskinned BF4 with some subtle changes and a new game mode. That's not good. If the game is really going to be sold for $60 they need to make it look and feel like a new game.

#9 Posted by gameofthering (10259 posts) -

Wonder what the reason is.

  • Low pre-order numbers compared to BF4?
  • Game is broken and needs delayed?
  • Too many games releasing around Hardline?

#10 Edited by RoccoHout (987 posts) -

Well, atleast they have the chance to make the game better and feel more ''new''. Seems they also want to avoid another disastrous launch *wink *BF4 *wink*.

#11 Posted by anderswhk (67 posts) -

I played the beta. I was not impressed. It's basiscally cops and robbers with some weird game modes mixed in. Nothing to do with Battlefield, at all.

#12 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Pre-orders started getting cancelling?

#13 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Fuck EA! Fuck this Game! And Fuck them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7846 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Fuck EA! Fuck this Game! And Fuck them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Stay classy.

#15 Posted by Krelian-co (10957 posts) -

This game is going places, not good places, but places.

#16 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

Fuck EA! Fuck this Game! And Fuck them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

Stay classy.

#17 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2975 posts) -

This is good news for me, as a big BF fan I was getting this day 1 but with so many other games being released this year, I would have been pressed for time to play this. Also, it is a mostly a multiplayer game and those kind can always benefit from extra polish time, better be safe than sorry considering the rocky launch of BF4.

Speaking of BF4, I'm just recently starting to play it more, for various reasons I had not played it too much since launch, other games stole my time and the game certainly had its issues the first weeks or months of release(I played BF3 so much also, I was taking a break from BF)..... but I gotta say I am having a super time with it now, it's a superb game that seems to have a lot of new ideas , I love the focus on squad bonuses, the levels are great, and having played more of the maps I gotta say this game is light years beyong BF3 from last gen, it's really not just a small technical upgrade, but some things are more noticeable after you play for a while.....I cannot believe how some people were saying the graphical upgrade was small, and the next gen difference was not big.......anyways, glad to hear this!

#18 Posted by lostrib (37024 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

This game is going places, not good places, but places.

hopefully straight to the garbage

#19 Posted by finalstar2007 (25199 posts) -

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

#20 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Like anyone care about this mediocre piece of trash? and im shocked that they delay it. i thought they are going to yearly iteration root this year hardline and next year BF5.

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

They learned something? Not to release before ready? wow....

#22 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7846 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25371 posts) -

This can only be a good thing.

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

No he didn't, it's finalstar

#25 Posted by Ribnarak (2296 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Does anyone even care about this game? it looks lulz worthy.. Destiny and Advanced Warfare got all my attention this year in terms of shooters

You had credibility until you mentioned advanced warfare.

i usually hate on cod but it will be better than hardline.

i dont think anyone wants a battlefield that is a cops and robbers game lol.

#26 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71819 posts) -

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

#27 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7846 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

*Game comes out in 2015*

*Even more broken than Battlefield 4*

#28 Posted by Zaibach (13451 posts) -

I guess they too have been playing the Destiny beta

#29 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

Good. Finish the damn game before you release it.

#30 Edited by Blabadon (26351 posts) -

No Need for Speed and no Battlefield for 2014.

GG EA.

#31 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71819 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

huzzah, they managed to realize not to release a broken game

*Game comes out in 2015*

*Even more broken than Battlefield 4*

well you never know, they can still fuck up

#32 Posted by drummerdave9099 (717 posts) -

dun dun dunnnnnn

#33 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4667 posts) -

from playing the beta they need to delay it by 1 year i think, it just doesnt feel different enough to be a game on its own, more like a bf4 expansion pack. also gameplay sucks ass

#34 Posted by Ghost120x (3897 posts) -

It's still a day one not buy for me. It plays too much like Bf4, and I just can't bring myself to buy a game that came out last year all over again for $60.

#35 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

Will they add more map and content?

#36 Edited by commonfate (12396 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Fuck EA! Fuck this Game! And Fuck them for thinking we'd fall for buying this game, which is nothing more than an expansion to a shit game that barely worked! They cna put it into limbo unless this games free or 10 bucks EA can suck my semi ok one.

#37 Posted by sukraj (22800 posts) -

I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

#38 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

This is surprising because now they are going to have 2 Battlefield games in 2015 unless the next one gets delayed, too.

#39 Edited by Roler42 (752 posts) -

Did EA seriously just learned that trying to beat Call of Duty to the release date isn't worth another backlash?

#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Remind me, why does this game exist?

#42 Posted by RageQuit4Life (370 posts) -

I don't care.

#43 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Remind me, why does this game exist?

Because suckers...

#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Remind me, why does this game exist?

Because suckers...

Most likely, I love battlefield as much as the next person but I will not be buying into hardline.

#45 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17666 posts) -

Damn and they had yet another chance to release a broken product only to apologize for it next year when they sell us the next one.

#46 Edited by slimdogmilionar (560 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

Wonder what the reason is.

  • Low pre-order numbers compared to BF4?
  • Game is broken and needs delayed?
  • Too many games releasing around Hardline?

#47 Posted by Heil68 (44592 posts) -

Wont help the outcome though.

#48 Posted by wolverine4262 (19333 posts) -

@finalstar2007:

As a big fan of Bungie, what did you think when they showed off the Halo 3 announcement trailer? That was pretty sweet, right?

#49 Posted by lawlessx (46728 posts) -

wow..they're actually willing to skip a Q4 release?

#50 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

It should be delayed indefinitely, EA needs to go back to the drawing table. I don't like year to year releases(CoD is trash) it takes time to create a masterpiece.