Battlefield 4 - Review 8.0 - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by OneLazyAsian (1657 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

@Desmonic said:

In case your memory isn't serving you right the problem wih UC3 was that lemmings claimed flop despite it's 9.0 score and reaching the current hype (at the time of review). Hilarity, stupidty and rage followed (from both sides really).

Gotta love SW's! :P

And my memory did serve me right because what I am getting at is the overreaction from cows to lemming bait. A simple "lulz 9, lulz flop" ended in a clusterfu*k of threads about how McShea was bias, metacritic was correct, etc.

Like I said, gotta love SW hehe :P

Though personally I dislike how the X1 looks dark as f*ck. I'd rather have the colours less "crisp" then having a difficult time figuring out what the objects look like in the shadows. But that's just me of course.

I see it as a 50/50. If it's a competitive shooter, yeah I don't want some random noob camping a dark corner. But some genres might benefit from it like horror games.

#152 Posted by Desmonic (13179 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Like I said, gotta love SW hehe :P

Though personally I dislike how the X1 looks dark as f*ck. I'd rather have the colours less "crisp" then having a difficult time figuring out what the objects look like in the shadows. But that's just me of course.

I see it as a 50/50. If it's a competitive shooter, yeah I don't want some random noob camping a dark corner. But some genres might benefit from it like horror games.

Oh yeah totally. Imagine games like Amnesia, RE, Outlast, Silent Hill (and so forth) having "naturally" such dark tones on their colours? Bloody amazing for horror games! Though I imagine for most genres it'll likely be more of a disadvantage rather than an advantage. It looks pretty in small doses, but after a more prolonged exposure to me it would get annoying.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone.

#153 Posted by Playerpat0 (1686 posts) -

Haven't we already received confirmation that "fixes" including AO and such. Compare a finished game to one that is not? Huh.... I think when the fixes are added this is going to be real, real close.

#154 Posted by linkdarkside (6252 posts) -

is the Campaign being only 4hours long true?

#155 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2119 posts) -

Ps4 version looks great, will be picking it up hopefully around Black Friday.

#156 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24525 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto V thread: Launch day: People talking about their experiences, How great the game is, Couldn't wait for Online Multi.

Pokemon X and Y thread: Launch day: People talking about their experiences, How great the game is, Trading Pokemon.

Battlefield 4 thread: Launch Day: People talking about graphics, No one actually playing the game.

#157 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Snugenz said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Snugenz said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

KZ:SF is probably going to be the better overall game. Pretty much almost fact at this point

No.

HELL YES. 2hr long campaign... Wth?

KZ:SF will destroy this

SP, you might just be right, MP, no.

BF MP IS great. But notice I said overall game..

KZ MP is also very good too.

I really want to argue with you over this but you're not wrong, KZ:SF does offer a more complete package, but BF4 MP will be better than KZ:SF mp, i'd bet my big toenail on it.

I won't argue over a toenail >_>

#158 Posted by Giancar (19043 posts) -

This thread is the exact reason why I don't play games for graphics.

Nobody does. This is a really stupid fun we have in SW. I am convinced that most people here are just messing around.

I've met in my entire gaming life just one real fanboy in person. And I know lots of people.

#159 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

Dat Xbone 720p...

"but teh crushed blacks means higher detail!" LOL

Ouchies.

720P, No AA, No AO, lower FPS. ENjoy all this at $500

Amazing!

#160 Edited by darkmagician06 (6060 posts) -

It could just be me but I'm not seeing a significant difference between the Xbox One version and PS4 version.

#161 Posted by Snugenz (11661 posts) -

Wise decision, because you'd lose.

#162 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto V thread: Launch day: People talking about their experiences, How great the game is, Couldn't wait for Online Multi.

Pokemon X and Y thread: Launch day: People talking about their experiences, How great the game is, Trading Pokemon.

Battlefield 4 thread: Launch Day: People talking about graphics, No one actually playing the game.

I'm playing the game. But probably people on this board don't want to talk about having the current gen version, so they have to wait for the next gen version. So all they can do is sit and compare pixels

#163 Posted by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I'm playing the game. But probably people on this board don't want to talk about having the current gen version, so they have to wait for the next gen version. So all they can do is sit and compare pixels

BF4, best on xbone

#164 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@lostrib said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

BF4, best on xbone

Obviously the Cloud hasn't kicked in yet

#165 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Wise decision, because you'd lose.

Oh but I won't...

#166 Posted by Playerpat0 (1686 posts) -

Funny... no one acknowledges that the xbox one is getting everything the PS4 has... Seriously this thread is a joke.

#167 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (713 posts) -

BF4 and COD Ghost will be the best selling games this holiday season. And you can get the PS4 versions for $100 cheaper than the XBone versions AND they will be superior over the XBone versions.

Why would anyone PAY ONE HUNDRED EXTRA DOLLARS for the inferior XBone versions?

#168 Posted by Wasdie (49519 posts) -
#169 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13029 posts) -

Funny... no one acknowledges that the xbox one is getting everything the PS4 has... Seriously this thread is a joke.

lol

#170 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

The fact the PS4 is pushing around 50%+ more pixels on the same graphical settings with an average 2-4 more frames as XB1 is very telling on a cross gen launch title. That's quite a disparity.

If they hypothetically did run at the same resolution The PlayStation 4 would likely have a very noticeable lead over the Xbox One.

#171 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

...sigh...

The X1 version will have AO added and Full RGB fixed among other things. The gap will not be that big on launch games. Deal with it

#172 Posted by killzowned24 (7296 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

...sigh...

The X1 version will have AO added and Full RGB fixed among other things. The gap will not be that big on launch games. Deal with it

AO = less framerate than it already has..haha

#174 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@LanceSSJ:

'Optinized' means downgraded.

There is already a very large gap between the playstation and xbox versions I don't think that would be wise.

#175 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

@majesticshea:

lol. its because the drivers aren't updated or properly working and ES Ram is difficult. Post launch games will look drastically better and closer to PS4. To think otherwise is stupid. The Big differences will only be in exclusives Post Launch

#176 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

bf4 is the first game to prove x1 sucks, thats why pepople talk about its graphics

#177 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

Leandro. AO is being added among other fixes

The X1 is suffering driver issues and ES Ram Difficulty. Post launch will be much better for X1, that said Ps4 will outshine it but not nearly as much as people think or a degree to Pick it over X1

#178 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@LanceSSJ: Be honest will that increase the 50% resolution difference the PS4 has over the Xbox One?

#179 Edited by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

JeeZ why is everybody in an uproar over this game?? I just wasted 30min of my life watching jackfrags single player segments on both X1 and PS4 and both look like a$$. Neither truly represent anything of a "nex-gen" experience IMO. This is just like AC4...So if you're buying an X1 or PS4 version for little touch ups to claim "ownage", go right ahead. I would say, buy whichever version you want because you like the BF series. There was honestly, not a single thing about those videos that WoW'ed me. If you're looking for "eye candy" or something to show your system of choices' graphical prowess, stick to KZ or Ryse. This time next year will be when things get interesting......When devs build their games from the ground up with X1 and PS4 in mind.

#180 Edited by nutcrackr (12359 posts) -

Single player took me around 5 hours. Could do it in 4 if you were quick. If you did not enjoy BF3 single player, then you probably won't enjoy this one. Some areas are more open and you can snipe, or run and gun or take a vehicle. This is a good change, but one that doesn't lead very far. It teaches you some of the gadgets a bit more too. Quite a few glitches and bugs present. I know EA are going to go crazy with Frostbite engine, but the exact same glitches have been in this engine for years now.

#181 Posted by lundy86_4 (42799 posts) -

Lawl. Still buying, but lawl.

#182 Posted by Tessellation (8795 posts) -

Dat blurry mess on PS4 LMAO,i am playing the PC version and those saying the PS4 version matches the PC version at high settings are blind because it doesn't.

#183 Posted by Animal-Mother (26301 posts) -

I'm just gonna stop in and say this. For all of you comparing shit through all these youtube videos and such. Just be quiet. Your looking at things through an incredibly crippled view of the game. Does it show some semblance? Of Course. But seeing games in action and comparing them this way is utterly stupid. Wait till you get the damn thing and play it on your TV or PC, let it hit home that way.

#184 Posted by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

I give the graphics on PC a tennoutaten.

#185 Edited by catfishmoon23 (5197 posts) -

Any large (1GB+) patches for BF4 PC version yet?

#186 Posted by with_teeth26 (6018 posts) -

Single player took me around 5 hours. Could do it in 4 if you were quick. If you did not enjoy BF3 single player, then you probably won't enjoy this one. Some areas are more open and you can snipe, or run and gun or take a vehicle. This is a good change, but one that doesn't lead very far. It teaches you some of the gadgets a bit more too. Quite a few glitches and bugs present. I know EA are going to go crazy with Frostbite engine, but the exact same glitches have been in this engine for years now.

In the hour of the campaign I played, my squad mates were doing some pretty crazy things. Sometimes they just go straight from one point to another with no regard to what is in between, which means clipping through/floating over various objects or jumping off 2-story ledges instead of taking the stairs.

its been the most entertaining part of the campaign so far!

#187 Edited by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

"8.0"

Cmon bro. There's no such thing.

#188 Edited by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -

Gotta say that I'm actually enjoying this campaign so far, even though I know it's probably short and will end soon. Level design and enemies are a lot better this time around I feel like.

#189 Edited by PAL360 (26627 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Days are gone when BF used to be good. real BF games are BF1942 and BF2. after than all are consoized crap.

I guess you hate destruction in BF games, then, since it was popularized by a console only game.

#190 Edited by casharmy (6821 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

@lostrib said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

BF4, best on xbone

Obviously the Cloud hasn't kicked in yet

"just wait"

#191 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

The X1 clearly has more detail. The PS4 version is even blurry in some areas. Don't let any other site (Eurogamer) tell you differently.

I saved these yesterday before the "internet" had a chance to photoshop them.

#192 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Oh 720p vs 900p or 1080p?????

Pretty said that this looks better on the X1 now...............And the Day One patch will put it to 1080p!!!!!

WTF cows gonna do if it supports 4K upscale like Forza?????????? OMG!!!!

#193 Posted by kuu2 (6868 posts) -

#194 Edited by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

#195 Posted by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

I recommend people playing on PC to buy a Dualshock 4 off Amazon for playing on your HDTVs.

It's like having a PS4 that can play games at 1080p!

#196 Posted by Wasdie (49519 posts) -

I played more of the single player last night. I couldn't play any multiplayer due to horrible server lag. Even on all high settings (not ultra, my rig can't handle that) the game is probably the best looking game I've ever played. It's a combination of the amount of detail that has gone into each environment, the scale, and the engine. The game is seriously beautiful.

The single player is not that bad so far. Had one frustrating moment that kind of took me out of it though. Multiple playthroughs of the game aren't going to be as fun as they could as the game's scripted sequences often dampen the pace too much.

#197 Edited by Jebus213 (8716 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

This Thread and System Wars Today.

Pretty much.

If I even start in this thread it's gonna be-

"Graphics and teh levelution makes game so different!"

"You're just a BF2 purists!"

"You're so hardcore!"

"But Arma 3 is ssoo buggy!" It only has teh couple of factions!"

"Look at the metacritic scores!" and etc.....

Then about 10 posts later I get declared a troll.

**EDIT**

Oh, and I forgot it's whatever drivel happens to literally come out of Wasdie's ass.

#198 Posted by Cranler (8113 posts) -

I dont see how this only got an 8.

Best graphics when taking the scale of the game into account.

Best sound fx.

Arguably the best mp of any shooter today.

Test range is a great addition to learn choppers and jets or just to screw around.

Map is much improved with it's look and the much improved functionality it adds in regards to spawning.

If anything could be labeled as next gen mp it would be Paracel Storm. Possibly the most incredible mp map ever created.

The cover system is another great addition. It's more functional than games that have used fps cover in the past.

On top of all this you get a decent sp campaign as well.

#199 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38194 posts) -

This gif is amazing. Some of the best visuals I've ever seen

#200 Posted by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I played more of the single player last night. I couldn't play any multiplayer due to horrible server lag. Even on all high settings (not ultra, my rig can't handle that) the game is probably the best looking game I've ever played. It's a combination of the amount of detail that has gone into each environment, the scale, and the engine. The game is seriously beautiful.

The single player is not that bad so far. Had one frustrating moment that kind of took me out of it though. Multiple playthroughs of the game aren't going to be as fun as they could as the game's scripted sequences often dampen the pace too much.

Playing on Ultra and the game looks amazing. Character models and lighting in particular are what wow me; the facial and body animations are very natural and at times the game crosses into the uncanny valley. I am so glad DICE listened to players and got rid of that disgusting blueish-green tint from BF3--colors are so much more natural and the lighting lends the game this beautiful photorealistic look. As far as the PC version on Ultra is concerned, no other next-gen game I've seen thus far looks better.