Battlefield 4 on PS4 is pretty shaweet

• 116 results
#101 Posted by lostrib (35766 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

The video isn't official?

It is, and their official analysis is that the game runs predominantly at 40-50fps

Do you really think that their entire framerate analysis was only 5 and a half minutes?

This should really not be that difficult to understand.

They cherrypicked moments of the game for the video. The video that's mainly 50-60 fps. Why not show the areas where the fps was 40-50?

Okay so you're admitting that the video is not the best measure of the framerate, rather the stated frame rate in the analysis is more accurate

Glad we cleared that up

#102 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

It is, and their official analysis is that the game runs predominantly at 40-50fps

Do you really think that their entire framerate analysis was only 5 and a half minutes?

They cherrypicked moments of the game for the video. The video that's mainly 50-60 fps. Why not show the areas where the fps was 40-50?

Okay so you're admitting that the video is not the best measure of the framerate, rather the stated frame rate in the analysis is more accurate

Glad we cleared that up

They made claims about the performance but didn't back it up. Paracel is one of the most demanding maps from my experience with the pc verson and that's 50+ fps most of the time in the video.

#103 Posted by lostrib (35766 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Glad we cleared that up

They made claims about the performance but didn't back it up. Paracel is one of the most demanding maps from my experience with the pc verson and that's 50+ fps most of the time in the video.

uh huh, the game runs 40-50fps according to their analysis

#104 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@DA1M0Z said:

The PS4 community automatically makes it better than PC.

PC BF4 community is pretty much dead...

Cool, a new alt, ban dodging much? and right now 30428 players are online on the PC version, more than on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3 and only a 3k players less than the PS4 version, wow, dat dead PC version.

You do realize that there are a lot less people who own a PS4?

So what? Apparently there are a lot less people who own/play BF4 on PS3/360/XONE since the PS4 and PC numbers are almost always a lot higher than the last gen numbers, so the numbers of PS4's sold doesn't really matter, especially when PS4 has sold over 6 million consoles.

What you said is like saying "There are 8 Billion People on this planet and only 6 Million bought a PS4, PS4 is dead huehuehue".

#105 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Glad we cleared that up

uh huh, the game runs 40-50fps according to their analysis

Which they could have easily backed up with their videos but failed to. Vids or it didn't happen.

#106 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17360 posts) -

@walloftruth: huh? What's so hard to understand? PC has a much broader base

#107 Posted by ermacness (7043 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@04dcarraher said:

@m3dude1 said:

@04dcarraher said:

@I_can_haz said:

@brimmul777 said:

@MikeMoose said:

@kinectthedots said:

looks last gen compared to "PC"

It actually doesn't. There is hardly any difference. Keep lying to yourself.

How is the difference between PS4 vs Xbox One vs PC.Is there a huge gap between the three.

No. Other than better AA and higher res on the PC version they are almost identical.

it more then AA and resolution , X1 and PS4 use worse textures, lower LOD, and has lower performance in MP because of the CPU's.

the textures are identical. the lod is SLIGHTLY worse on the console versions, but honestly its so horrendously awful even on pc it doesnt matter. the difference basically boils down to aa/resolution/foliage quality when viewed thru smoke

false

Even with those screens you posted, I still wouldn't gauge the visual advantages of the PC port over the PS4/X1 port "a generation ahead". It definitely looks noticeably better, but not by a generation.

Never said it was a generation ahead, just proved the fact that PS4 is not identical or on par with many different aspects.

Actually, no one here stated that the PS4 version of BF4 is "identical" to the PC version of BF4. I saw some state that the PS4 version was "near" identical (keyword here is NEAR), but not identical.

#108 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

Like I said, so what? The X360 and PS3 also have a broader install base than the PS4 and XONE, and yet the PS4 beats them. So, just because there are more PC gamers than PS4 gamers and yet the PS4 has slightly more players when it comes to BF4 than PC doesn't mean that the game is "dead" on PC.

#109 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17360 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Like I said, so what? The X360 and PS3 also have a broader install base than the PS4 and XONE, and yet the PS4 beats them. So, just because there are more PC gamers than PS4 gamers and yet the PS4 has slightly more players when it comes to BF4 than PC doesn't mean that the game is "dead" on PC.

I'm not saying it's dead. The guy was saying how the PC was "only" a few thousand behind the PS4's which is a bit remarkable in my humble opinion

#110 Posted by m3dude1 (1276 posts) -

thats a best case scenario for the pc. theres usually much less people playing on pc than ps4. right now for instance:

pc - 20k

ps4 - 42k

#111 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

900p.....lol.

#112 Edited by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

thats a best case scenario for the pc. theres usually much less people playing on pc than ps4. right now for instance:

pc - 20k

ps4 - 42k

Probably because there's a lot more things to play on PC than PS4. PS4 has like what, 20 games at the moment? With only 4 or 5 that are worth spending a monday night playing. It's not the quality of BF4 on PS4 that gives it a higher player count, it's the lack of quality and quantity of other games.

#113 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

I have it on ps4 and its totally playable I dont get the whole buggy nonsense people are talking about. I think its just pc players exaggerating when that platform has majority of the issues that's why the dlc is delayed for pc. The only issues I had were the game crashing like 3x randomly and that no sound glitch a few times

#114 Posted by m3dude1 (1276 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

pc - 20k

ps4 - 42k

Probably because there's a lot more things to play on PC than PS4. PS4 has like what, 20 games at the moment? With only 4 or 5 that are worth spending a monday night playing. It's not the quality of BF4 on PS4 that gives it a higher player count, it's the lack of quality and quantity of other games.

I would be surprised if the game is as bad on ps4 as pc

#115 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2045 posts) -

Guys don't argue with the herms! They must all just sit and spend hours looking at rocks, grass and water. When I play FPS, I am usually more concerned with shooting the opposition and staying alive my self. I don't have time to be examining blades of grass to see if they look more realistic! BF4 on the PS4 looks damn good and I would seriously doubt unless you had the PS4 and PC versions sitting right next to each other that you would even be able to tell the difference!! Also, show me a $426 PC that can run games at the level the PS4 can!!

#116 Edited by 777Hedonist7666 (30 posts) -

Yip. Near identical. In fact, the PS 4 version is superior!

#117 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17360 posts) -

Yip. Near identical. In fact, the PS 4 version is superior!

I play the PS4 version and the grass doesn't look like that. Do you really have to resort to cherry picking?

#118 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Guys don't argue with the herms! They must all just sit and spend hours looking at rocks, grass and water. When I play FPS, I am usually more concerned with shooting the opposition and staying alive my self. I don't have time to be examining blades of grass to see if they look more realistic! BF4 on the PS4 looks damn good and I would seriously doubt unless you had the PS4 and PC versions sitting right next to each other that you would even be able to tell the difference!! Also, show me a $426 PC that can run games at the level the PS4 can!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo