battlefield 3 pc version is best version. night fighting mod released with KoTH

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

battlefield 3 just got more interesting on pc. the community has created a night fighting mod. thats right they turned the lights off. currently it only has 1 map called grand bazaar which is a koth type game mode. the mod creators explained that it was no esy task doing this and that DICE went to great lengths to make an amazing engine but sacraficed user accessibility and as a result it is difficult to mod in small teams and small time investments

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/03/battlefield-3-night-time-mod-is-a-tense-stab-in-the-dark/

trailers here

#2 Posted by mems_1224 (48604 posts) -
there already is a night time level in the real game :P also, grand bazaar sucks. i hate that map
#3 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -
Shame EA doesn't give a **** about the modding community. DICE's explanation is so bad. Good to see that people are trying though. Didn't expect there'd ever be any kind of mod.
#4 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

there already is a night time level in the real game :P also, grand bazaar sucks. i hate that mapmems_1224

Bazaar is an awesome map. Conquest could be better on it but team deathmatch or squad deathmatch is awesome.

@TC this looks dumb. Sure it's a cool experiment but totally pointless, you can't see anything and the sun still shines too and blinds you if you look at it but the whole area is still dark. :?

#5 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -

there already is a night time level in the real game :P also, grand bazaar sucks. i hate that mapmems_1224
Only thing bad about is B. It's like Operation Metro 2 in there. But I just stay away from that meatgrinding spamfest and run around the outsides.

#6 Posted by Wasdie (50667 posts) -

Shame EA doesn't give a **** about the modding community. DICE's explanation is so bad. Good to see that people are trying though. Didn't expect there'd ever be any kind of mod.McStrongfast

Well it's more about licensed software when it comes to modding the Frostbite Engine than anything. A lot of the complexities stem from the fact that there is a lot of 3rd party code there and making it open for modding could cost them a lot of money in licensing fees.

Their excuse is still pretty crappy, but expect even less games in the future to have mods because of these things.

#7 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Battlefield 3 sucks so getting the best version of a turd doesn't make it any less of a turd.

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17523 posts) -

Shame EA doesn't give a **** about the modding community. DICE's explanation is so bad. Good to see that people are trying though. Didn't expect there'd ever be any kind of mod.McStrongfast

Agreed. The only real reason why they don't allow mod support is because they want to sell you their DLC if you want any new maps or content.

#9 Posted by Litchie (16678 posts) -

Too bad the PC version isn't that good either.

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Too bad the PC version isn't that good either.

Litchie

And why is that? someone sounds mad

#11 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

That looks awful, all I see is a black screen and smoke effects

#12 Posted by inb4uall (6520 posts) -

i'm pretty sure IonuX and Noodlefighter are fakeboys its like they purposely hype stupid crap just to make PC gamers look bad.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

i'm pretty sure IonuX and Noodlefighter are fakeboys its like they purposely hype stupid crap just to make PC gamers look bad.

inb4uall

They're not fakeboys, they just hype anything PC. Even if it's stupid or crap.

#14 Posted by inb4uall (6520 posts) -

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

seanmcloughlin

could'a fooled me....

#15 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

inb4uall

could'a fooled me....

i have fooled you then but then again you arent exactly hard to fool as all farm animals are notoriously stupid

heres a fine example:

StupidCow.jpg

:lol:

also inb4ispeakfacttrollpost

#16 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Eh that looks too dark.

#17 Posted by chaoz-king (5952 posts) -
lol that looks like they painted everything in black and left the smoke untouched. It looks reallly bad.
#18 Posted by Obviously_Right (5320 posts) -

Battlefield 3 sucks so getting the best version of a turd doesn't make it any less of a turd.

GD1551

#19 Posted by parkurtommo (27745 posts) -

LOL that looked terrible, the particle effects still looked like they were reflecting light so that pretty much ruins the whole mod and is rendered pointless. :D

#20 Posted by inb4uall (6520 posts) -

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

ionusX

could'a fooled me....

i have fooled you then but then again you arent exactly hard to fool as all farm animals are notoriously stupid

heres a fine example:

StupidCow.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiucM0IsyxE

#21 Posted by parkurtommo (27745 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="inb4uall"] could'a fooled me....

inb4uall

heres a fine example:

StupidCow.jpg

That's not nice :(
#22 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="inb4uall"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] i have fooled you then but then again you arent exactly hard to fool as all farm animals are notoriously stupid

heres a fine example:

StupidCow.jpg

parkurtommo

That's not nice :(

Nope_its_just_chuck_testa_66682.jpg

#23 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28518 posts) -
lol mods not only will pc users not play games till they can be pirated *which is day one* they wont play em till a mod is released I feel sorry for pc developers that dont release their games on drm heaven steam. But all of that beside the pc version was the best version at launch this was known very well mod support doesn't increase this infact mod support is the failing of the games online I love watching people have a partial texture mod that lets them see users through objects.
#24 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -
That looks terrible
#25 Posted by NoodleFighter (7880 posts) -

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]Shame EA doesn't give a **** about the modding community. DICE's explanation is so bad. Good to see that people are trying though. Didn't expect there'd ever be any kind of mod.Wasdie

Well it's more about licensed software when it comes to modding the Frostbite Engine than anything. A lot of the complexities stem from the fact that there is a lot of 3rd party code there and making it open for modding could cost them a lot of money in licensing fees.

Their excuse is still pretty crappy, but expect even less games in the future to have mods because of these things.

From what I've seen, Steam Workshop is motivating developers to put in modding support

#26 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Mod looks a bit rough. I'd wait for night time maps made by the actual developers

#27 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Dice.. or EA went to great lenghts to make it unmoddable, because no one will buy the DLC if people can make that content for free, im surprised these guys havent been banned.

#28 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Dice.. or EA went to great lenghts to make it unmoddable, because no one will buy the DLC if people can make that content for free, im surprised these guys havent been banned.

HaloinventedFPS

I don't think it's worth banning them because EA probably doesn't see a little Night time mod and KoTH (seems like a bad fit for Battlefield) as a threat to their DLC

#29 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
It may be the best version but I can't know. Because origin has been giving me download errors all day