Batman: Arkham Knight screenshots released

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70506 posts) -

I would really to see some free roam gameplay from this game. Looks awesome. I really hope they are going to use their time with delay well, seing how this is Rocksteady i am sure they will.

#2 Edited by melonfarmerz (1119 posts) -

Probably an unpopular opinion but honestly, do they really need 4 Arkham games? The first one was fun but it just got super repetitive and boring after that. 4 games worth of the same mechanics, theme, tone, and general story is a bit too much.

#3 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

Probably an unpopular opinion but honestly, do they really need 4 Arkham games? The first one was fun but it just got super repetitive and boring after that. 4 games worth of the same mechanics, theme, tone, and general story is a bit too much.

Well to be fair this will only be the 3rd one that rocksteady has made

#4 Posted by gpuking (2758 posts) -

Really hate that UE3.xx look, the lighting is just so flat. Hope UE4 takes over soon.

#5 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4021 posts) -

The only "next gen" game I'm looking forward to.

#6 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Now that's a real next gen game!

#7 Posted by Cranler (8704 posts) -

What should they be doing instead? Same game with another superhero or an entirely different type of game?

#8 Edited by WallofTruth (1503 posts) -

Batman: Arkham Knight screenshots released

More like Batman: Arkham Knight bullshots released.

#9 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

I am really looking forward to using the batmobile. I hope with the added power of PS4 that they can push the gameplay mechanics even further.

If the reviews are positive, day one 1 buy.

#10 Posted by blangenakker (2216 posts) -

Just finished Arkham City recently and I'm more interested in how it connects with this game.

#11 Posted by B4X (3534 posts) -

If it's rocksteady. Keep em coming.

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (22554 posts) -

Those look like bullshots, specially the first one.

#13 Posted by Speak_Low (927 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Really hate that UE3.xx look, the lighting is just so flat. Hope UE4 takes over soon.

I agree and also wish it was UE4, but they probably started this a while ago and it's too late. Still, the trailer still looked good, and Gamescom hands-on impressions say some parts were jaw-dropping and looked damn near CG at times.

There's still a little bit of life left in UE3, but I can't wait to see Rocksteady's next projects possibly using UE4 (finally!).

#14 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (577 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Well to be fair this will only be the 3rd one that rocksteady has made

And it will be the last one in the Arkham Series for Rocksteady. Origin was done by WB only.

#16 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (577 posts) -

You see folks, this is an example as to why Developers should only focus on Next-Gen only. Rocksteady knows this well as to why Arkham Knight is not cross-gen because it will look crap, just like Destiny which is cross-gen, it's holding the next-gen back. I already paid off my pre-order copy for PS4 and looking forward to playing it next year.

Rocksteady, please do a Superman game, he is overdue for a game.

#17 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3813 posts) -

these are completely not bullshots

#18 Posted by DocSanchez (1559 posts) -

Faith in Rocksteady 100%.

Hype set to stratospheric.

I'm ready, gentlemen. Ready.

#19 Posted by SolidTy (42403 posts) -

I'm glad this game isn't being shackled to PS360.

I'm getting the extra content in the PS4 version plus the performance edge while avoiding DRM.

#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6133 posts) -

Was hoping for real screenshots but oh well.

#21 Edited by SolidTy (42403 posts) -

I like that so many people have last gen goggles on due to so many remastered games that they can't believe the visuals.

They can't fathom non-PS360 graphics...

This game is not being made for PS360, it's a true next gen wonder and these are the kinds of games I bought my new Xbone/PS4 for. I want games like this on my new gen machines. Games like Destiny, upcoming Rise of the Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs, and more are designed on PS360 and they simply sprinkle some resolutions and frames for the PS4/Xbone.

This game has no last gen limits and it's looking fantastic.

GO ROCKSTEADY, GO!

#22 Edited by MirkoS77 (7122 posts) -

Damn this wait is proving difficult.

I doubt those are bullshots. Rocksteady has never done that before, and I doubt they'll start now. Plus, I think it's important to keep in mind that this is a very early next-gen game. The machines are certainly capable of what's being shown, and then some. We're probably going to look back at AK at the end of this gen and wonder where all the incredulity came from.

Also, the more I see of the Batmobile, the better i like it. Better than the films. Battle mode looks badass. I've been hearing that Rocksteady is putting a lot of focus on it, and as much as I'm interested, I do hope I can still play without it being needed constantly. Hopefully they'll get the balance right.

Come at me, Rocksteady!

#23 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

real sweet pics

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (16839 posts) -

@melonfarmerz: Probably an unpopular opinion but honestly, do they really need 4 Arkham games? The first one was fun but it just got super repetitive and boring after that. 4 games worth of the same mechanics, theme, tone, and general story is a bit too much.

I love those games. In reality was any gamer ever needed? This is a hobby after all.

#25 Posted by nutcrackr (12457 posts) -

The rain looks crappy.

#26 Edited by gameofthering (10126 posts) -

You said new screenshots! You lied to me! :(

The game looks okay. I hope the delay isn't too long.

#27 Edited by foxhound_fox (87621 posts) -

Bullshots, bullshots everywhere

And if they aren't, that's most definitely the PC version. There is absolutely zero aliasing, and neither the PS4 nor the Xbone are capable of non-aliased screens.

#28 Edited by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

Look at those next-gen bullshots, Batman!

#29 Edited by lostrib (34236 posts) -

Bullshots, bullshots everywhere

And if they aren't, that's most definitely the PC version. There is absolutely zero aliasing, and neither the PS4 nor the Xbone are capable of non-aliased screens.

Well I believe the version shown at E3 2014 Sony presentation was the PC version

#30 Posted by happyduds77 (1448 posts) -

Those aren't bullshots at least not on PC anyway.

#31 Posted by LustForSoul (5842 posts) -

Pretty much this. City was just asylum but bigger, should've stopped there. (imo)

#32 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24844 posts) -

I won't fall for the Hype on Screenshots. Though the game looks amazing in the video.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (43397 posts) -

Will be an epic game, now they just need to announce a kickass CE!

#34 Edited by Gue1 (9491 posts) -

for an UE3 game this looks insane. I have heard that many devs aren't using UE4 because the engine's not finished (or optimized?) for consoles or something like that.

#35 Edited by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

Holy supersampling Batman!

#36 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70506 posts) -

I won't fall for the Hype on Screenshots. Though the game looks amazing in the video.

The E3 trailer was amazing, i would like to see some more though

#37 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11104 posts) -

No way its going to look like that on PS4 and Xbox One.

#38 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

You said new screenshots! You lied to me! :(

The game looks okay. I hope the delay isn't too long.

#39 Edited by OhSnapitz (18086 posts) -

You see folks, this is an example as to why Developers should only focus on Next-Gen only. Rocksteady knows this well as to why Arkham Knight is not cross-gen because it will look crap, just like Destiny which is cross-gen, it's holding the next-gen back. I already paid off my pre-order copy for PS4 and looking forward to playing it next year.

Rocksteady, please do a Superman game, he is overdue for a game.

..why do I agree with everything you posted.

#40 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70506 posts) -

It looked like that during the E3 conference though

#41 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11104 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

The Sony conference? Wasn't that confirmed to be running on a PC?

#42 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70506 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

The Sony conference? Wasn't that confirmed to be running on a PC?

i don't think so, not that i saw

#43 Edited by FinalFighters (1385 posts) -

The only next gen game im looking forward to.

#44 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11104 posts) -
#45 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70506 posts) -
#46 Posted by which_wich (159 posts) -

Sigh. Another Batman Game. On a fast track to be the next Ass Creed

#47 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Complete and total bullshots.

#48 Posted by glez13 (8663 posts) -

Considering that they are 720p and apparently with supersampling, making them a strange picks even from a PC source, probably bullshots.

#49 Posted by Liquid_ (2429 posts) -

lol, talk about an overmilked series