Batman AA PC version (56k welcome)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

So i've seen all the hype about the Xbox 360 and PS3 version and myself being a PC gamer decided to post some images taken from the demo. IMO the graphics in this game are amazing and even with a mid ranged GPU this game looks amazine still.

myself I've only played the PC version of the game but wouldn't mind the others who have to compare to how they look as well on the consoles.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
That's some serious stubble.
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Prince_Denspion

That's some serious stubble.Cherokee_Jack

I think this appeals more to the Dark Knight side of it... but Bruce Wayne although sure doesn't make a cameo in this game would have to be clean shaven.

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts

I dont find it surprising the game looks better on the PC and personally I enjoy mouse and keyboard gameplay(if done right) more than a controller. Harley Quinn looks hot if it wasnt for that voice of hers in the game =p

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Got the installer on my comp, just waiting 'till my 4870 is up and running (need new psu, should be tomorrow)
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Prince_Denspion

I dont find it surprising the game looks better on the PC and personally I enjoy mouse and keyboard gameplay(if done right) more than a controller. Harley Quinn looks hot if it wasnt for that voice of hers in the game =p

tester962

Oh yeah the keyboard/mouse is easily enough to play this, i wouldn't even bother playing it with a controller, also agree with Harley's new look in this game. I'm glad they kept her voice as well as joker's from the animated series though.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Prince_Denspion

Got the installer on my comp, just waiting 'till my 4870 is up and running (need new psu, should be tomorrow) Brainkiller05

I'm playing it on my comp with a GTS 250 GPU and it runs fine on my 450watt PSU.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

The PC version is going to rock. I am definitely getting it now. Through I wish the PC version would have the Collector Editon.:(

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

The PC version is going to rock. I am definitely getting it now. Through I wish the PC version would have the Collector Editon.:(

Wanderer5

It does :|

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="tester962"]

Prince_Denspion

Oh yeah the keyboard/mouse is easily enough to play this, i wouldn't even bother playing it with a controller, also agree with Harley's new look in this game. I'm glad they kept her voice as well as joker's from the animated series though.

To my knowledge batmans voice actor is also the same one from the animated series.

Cutscenes look much better than gameplay which really bummed me out, I thought the whole game was gonna look like the cut scenes, lots of low res textures on NPCs during gameplay on the console versions (Doesn't seem to be as bad as on PC) but overall it looks great.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

MJPK

It does? I didn't see it on Gamestop or Amazon.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Prince_Denspion

A few more I just uploaded....

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

Dude, you really need some AA in those screens.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

Sadly the PC doesn't have a collectors edition.. we got jipped on that deal as amazing a deal it is for the PS3 and 360.. even comes with a batarang (displayed)

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prince_Denspion

Hanass

haha, maybe but still it looks amazing without it... anyways I couldn't find a Graphics options in the menus. Just GAmeplay and Audio, Control.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Prince_Denspion

haha, maybe but still it looks amazing without it... anyways I couldn't find a Graphics options in the menus. Just GAmeplay and Audio, Control.

Go to your nVidia control panel thingy.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

Go to your nVidia control panel thingy.

right... I didn't think of that i was just gonna do the ingame graphics options setup.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

Prince_Denspion

Sadly the PC doesn't have a collectors edition.. we got jipped on that deal as amazing a deal it is for the PS3 and 360.. even comes with a batarang (displayed)

Just seems stupid IMO. The PS3 and 360 owners get it, but not PC owners? I can live without the CE of course, but come on. And that Batarang looks awesome lol.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

Just seems stupid IMO. The PS3 and 360 owners get it, but not PC owners? I can live without the CE of course, but come on. And that Batarang looks awesome lol.

I'd gladly shell out more cash for that CE edition just for that Batarang... and i'm sure many would. Big loss on Games for Windows part.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Prince_Denspion

Yeah I couldn't find it either, and that kinda piss me off. I had to uninstall/install the demo again, because I couldn't run the demo on very high, and there no option to change it in the demo.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-DVD/dp/B00272NH1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250040551&sr=8-3

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9692127/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collector-Edition/Product.html

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Wanderer5

Yeah I couldn't find it either, and that kinda piss me off. I had to uninstall/install the demo again, because I couldn't run the demo on very high, and there no option to change it in the demo.

Yeah I believe at the very first start up of the demo is when u setup the graphics options...

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

MJPK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-DVD/dp/B00272NH1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250040551&sr=8-3

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9692127/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collector-Edition/Product.html

my friend... you have made my day, I shall be sure to get this version... oh its exclusive to the UK... will this come to North America as well?

KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

Looks great. This game will be fun to play on any platform.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

MJPK

Ugh it UK only. I really haven't imported a game from UK before, and I kinda don't want to do that.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Prince_Denspion

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

Ugh it UK only. I really haven't imported a game from UK before, and I kinda don't want to do that.

Me either... is it common for UK versions of games to get CE's like the consoles? or will they hopefully release it here to? I also saw that the play.com one only ships within the UK... Either way i'm getting this game but I'd love that CE and that Batarang.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

is it possible to play the uk version on american pc?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

Prince_Denspion

Me either... is it common for UK versions of games to get CE's like the consoles? or will they hopefully release it here to? I also saw that the play.com one only ships within the UK... Either way i'm getting this game but I'd love that CE and that Batarang.

I don't get why UK gets it, but not NA. It kinda makes me more angry. But whatever I am still getting the game. I probably preorder it at gamestop when the other versions come out, and get the strategy guide with the free comic book.:P

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"]Got the installer on my comp, just waiting 'till my 4870 is up and running (need new psu, should be tomorrow) Prince_Denspion

I'm playing it on my comp with a GTS 250 GPU and it runs fine on my 450watt PSU.

I currently have an 8600gt in my comp, I've already got my 4870 but my PSU doesn't have any 6pin connectors so I needed a new PSU :P
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

is it possible to play the uk version on american pc?TheShadowLord07

Absolutely. A decent number of my PC games are UK versions actually.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Looks great, though it needs more AA.

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

tester962

Um by those screenshots you say it looks better on pc? Have you played the console versions? Both the PS3 and 360 versions look identical to that. Yea the pc version gets some extra physics( really just a gimmick to sell the game to pc users) but you honestly tell me mouse and keybored support is better on an action adventure game? You have to be kidding me.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Ps3/360 version has way too much jaggies.PC looks so much sharper that i think i won't be buying it for 360 anymore :(
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hanass

[QUOTE="tester962"]

Polaris_choice

Um by those screenshots you say it looks better on pc? Have you played the console versions? Both the PS3 and 360 versions look identical to that. Yea the pc version gets some extra physics( really just a gimmick to sell the game to pc users) but you honestly tell me mouse and keybored support is better on an action adventure game? You have to be kidding me.

But at least on PC you get some AA to get rid of most of those jaggies, which currently ruin the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Let's have some 1920x1080 16xAA screenshots eh? :P

Click click click below

Note in the last screenshot - you can break every single one of these tiles in the PC version, if you have a PhysX capable card.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Let's have some 1920x1080 16xAA screenshots eh? :P

Click click click below

Note in the last screenshot - you can break every single one of these tiles in the PC version, if you have a PhysX capable card.

HenriH-42
I still see jaggies, though it's less noticeable from a distance and still looks nice.