Based on rumours of the next gen consoles which one would you be buying atm?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

PS4 since the X720 will be all about Kinect shovelware.

But it's even on the probability scale that I'm getting a PS4 because I play on PC which is known to be the best platform for gaming. Only if Sony release plenty of decent exclusives that appeal me, I may purchase it.

#52 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Its up in the air for me. I would have said the 720 a few weeks ago before I played Halo 4. I am a huge Halo fan and Halo 4 was so so to me. I also do not like playing for live as well. I'm leaning towards the PS4 right now, but I hadn't completely ruled out the 720. I need to see these consoles and what they are offering.
#53 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

But it's even on the probability scale that I'm getting a PS4 because I play on PC which is known to be the best platform for gaming. Only if Sony release plenty of decent exclusives that appeal me, I may purchase it.

GamerwillzPS

thats kinda funny you think x720 will be kinect shovelware when xbox 360 hasn't changed its apporch

what was different when kinect got announced anyway ... its not like were seeing less games becuz of kinect as 2012 has been the best xbox 360 has seen in a few years now

also if you look at the rumors which this is about then MS has spent dollars where ??? core gaming ! Bungie's new game destiny Fable 4 New Halo and canned a kinect game in favor of a core game with the newly invested canada dev team they opened

we can't just let nintendo run wild in the casual space alone also ... then they will be taking games away like a bayonetta ... someone has to make an attempt and failstation ain't the one

one more thing if we talk casual Sony has been the most casual system this gen ... they have 2 offerings more if we wanna get into it ... but wii motes and now wonderbook ... don't hate MS just gets it right the first time around

#54 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

Can you prove it? Just kidding, i know you can't! You would hate anything not called Playstation, no matter what :P

#55 Posted by DevilMightCry (3490 posts) -

I'd buy 720 because its supposed to be more powerful than todays computers.

slipknot0129
They lied.
#56 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Surprisingly the WiiU at this rate.jg4xchamp
#58 Posted by Ballroompirate (22576 posts) -

Too early on making a decision....

#59 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
i'll wait for official announcements on each systems features/hardware before i decide.
#60 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

Ballroompirate

It's never too early when you are in love with a brand! Look at the poll :P

#61 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
i take a xbox over fuzzy ball controller...
#62 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Xbox 720

#63 Posted by SecretPolice (21539 posts) -

The one that breaks out of the Cell first. :P

#64 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
[QUOTE="Borrizee"][QUOTE="WithoutGraceXII"]I'm a Halo addict so I'll eventually pick up the 720, though probably not at launch.WithoutGraceXII
And what if it comes with the new halo?

Well then maybe I'll get it at launch :P. I actually wish MS had saved Halo 4 for xbox 720. It's a good game but doesn't change much. New hardware might have given them more freedom to really experiment with the formula.

True,but that's going to be with a lot of games that are ending this gen.
#65 Posted by donalbane (16208 posts) -
GTX 690
#66 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

PS4. I'll be buying a 720 later on.

#67 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I don't want to get ripped off by paying for online so PS4.
#68 Posted by Gue1 (9570 posts) -

Sony fans will by the next PlayStation no matter what it offers. I think they proved that with the ps3. Sony fans are worse than Apple fans. Miketheman83

XBox = RRoD, pay to play online, the same 3 games every year, hardly any new IPs, consoles without HDD that doesn't let you play certain games online, failed HD-DVD, crappy DVD9 for games.... :roll:

#69 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -
Based on extrapolation PS4 will be the far more powerful console despite not costing as much money. In addion there will be games to play on it.
#70 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

Based on extrapolation PS4 will be the far more powerful console despite not costing as much money. In addion there will be games to play on it.themajormayor

I think you meant 'based on my imagination'. Other than Vita vs 3DS, Sony has yet to have a console more powerful than the competition.

#71 Posted by Gue1 (9570 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

PAL360

The new face of the lems:

#72 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Gue1

That was always their face.
#73 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Gue1

He's cute! Looks like my nephew :)

#75 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Based on extrapolation PS4 will be the far more powerful console despite not costing as much money. In addion there will be games to play on it.PAL360

I think you meant 'based on my imagination'. Other than Vita vs 3DS, Sony has yet to have a console more powerful than the competition.

No I meant extrapolation. You're wrong, PS3 and PSP was also way more powerful.
#76 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

That's not cute at all. Lem low standards confirmed again.
#77 Posted by pelvist (4646 posts) -

Neither. I wont buy another console for myself again.

#78 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Based on extrapolation PS4 will be the far more powerful console despite not costing as much money. In addion there will be games to play on it.themajormayor

I forgot PSP, it was indeed alot more powerful than DS! PS3? Hmm...no. 7 years into this gen and have yet to see any sign of superiority.

#79 Posted by osan0 (12644 posts) -
the wiiu. i dont know enough about the other consoles yet. if power is their party piece then i wont bother until the end of next gen to pick up a few gems. neither MSs or Sonys exclusives really interest me enough to take the plunge and i get 3rd party games on my PC. so they will really need to do something interesting to get me to buy them sooner. but i am keeping an eye on them...i haven't dismissed them outright yet.
#80 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

I forgot PSP, it was indeed alot more powerful than DS! PS3? Hmm...no. 7 years into this gen and have yet to see any sign of superiority.

Well that's facinating.
#81 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

themajormayor

Oh...you are a bad person. How is he not cute? :o

Btw, here's a cute kid, by cow standards:

[spoiler]

'Am i mature enough to have a PS3?'

giants-fan-brian-wilson-beard.jpg

:P

[/spoiler]

#82 Posted by PAL360 (26747 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] No I meant extrapolation. You're wrong, PS3 and PSP was also way more powerful.themajormayor

Well that's facinating.

Isn't it? :)

#83 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -

PAL360

Oh...you are a bad person. How is he not cute? :o

Btw, here's a cute kid, by cow standards:

[spoiler]

'Am i mature enough to have a PS3?'

giants-fan-brian-wilson-beard.jpg

:P

[/spoiler]

I don't think what you consider aesthetically pleasing or not pleasing has much to do with how good of a person you are. He is just a spoiled blob of fat. That's not very cute to me. Not really. But at least that beard is covering his ugly face.
#84 Posted by themajormayor (25712 posts) -

PAL360

Well that's facinating.

Isn't it? :)

Yes not very relevant though
#85 Posted by cainetao11 (16973 posts) -
I plan on buying a PS4 and my main reasons is that I think sony next time round will benefit from the Blu-ray player and I know the 720 is rumoured to have one aswell but doesn't that mean that they have to pay Sony for using them and every game purchased on the new 720 is going to be Blu-ray if you consider that rumour to be true then some extra money goes to sony for every 720 game sold aswell. Could work out very well for sony but could also mean cheaper games for PS and more expensive games for the 720. Also Microsoft from what I have heard seems to be going to the media hub for everyday family use and focusing more on that and having a gaming platform based on top of it instead of the impression im getting from sony with a more traditional gaming machine with enhanced media uses. ziggyww
I have already bought the Wii U. But I guess the next Xbox because I'm a big halo fan. No they won't have to pay Sony for blu ray. If that was the case, Nintendo would be doing it now as the Wii U uses a proprietary blu ray format.
#86 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1219 posts) -

PS4 no doubt. Next gen only going to go Wii-U and PS4. MS have ticked me off this gen, plus their exclusives are pretty bad. Expecially with Sony starting to get some Good jrpgs over hear again, I hope they continue that with the PS4. Also, I know Tales of games and Final Fantasy will be more likely to appear on Sony's console vs. MS as Japan dictates some of these things.

Like I seen another person post, the only MS thing I will miss will be Forza. MS's exlusives just don't interest me outside of forza, but hopefully Poly Digital will pick up the slack and make GT6 really well.

#87 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

I'll just stick with my PC, since it will do actual next gen graphics

#88 Posted by telefanatic (2868 posts) -

I dont ever want to pay for Xbox live, so if i get next gen system it will be PS4!! Im a manager at auto dealership, make decent buck but i would never ever give a singe penny to M$ again.

#89 Posted by XalonR (87 posts) -

No Wii U? What I think is both PS4 and 720 will be flops and outdated things whilst PC gamers use Wii U more than any of them whilst still using the PC. 720 and PS4 will be used by idiots that fanboy a certain company if my theory is true.

While people can argue Sony and Microsoft are not original. If you think about it Nintendo has offered the most to gaming technology then any other company, even in recent times with the Wii, Nintendo 3Ds and now the Wii U

#90 Posted by OldSnakePS3 (310 posts) -
i dont need rumors for my next gen purchase, i know that ps4 will have: Uncharted 4 Killzone 4 plus new ip from guerilla games God of War 4 Gran Turismo 6 or 7 The Last of Us 2 next gen media molecule game next gen sucker punch game (or infamous 3) the last guardian or team ico next game prolly next quantic dream game MGS5 (exclusive or not) the next souls game (exclusive or not) i also know that sony makes new ips and microsoft does not sony has quality hardware with free online and optional ps plus (and wont abandon the ps3 when ps4 comes out) M$ has shoddy hardware with paid online and (prolly will abandon 360 just like it did with original xbox)
#91 Posted by getyeryayasout (7216 posts) -
Neither as long as I can't buy used, rent, or barrow games to play on them.
#92 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

ps4. Dont plan on buying 720 AT ALLcampzor

I don't think that that surprises anyone here.

PS4 for me, not sure I'll ever get a 720 either.

#93 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans will by the next PlayStation no matter what it offers. I think they proved that with the ps3. Sony fans are worse than Apple fans. I'm a Sony fan and had every single PlayStation before. I got myself a 360 because that's what I decided that I wanted. Then I got RROD and thought to myself all my Playstation's and their slim versions are still working without a problem my first xbox console broke in about 3 months. So i got myself a PS3 and turned out was the best choice for me. I prefer its first party games and like they even now they are still creating new IP's unlike xbox, Its got a blu-ray player unlike xbox, I don't have to buy a game then pay Microsoft to play it online, I can pay for any sata 2 HHD and fit into my PS3 and not pay for Microsoft's own limited amount of expensive HHD, Xbox controllers don't even come with recharging controllers you got to pay for extra for that, At the time if didn't have wifi so had to pay extra for that. I Found out there was so many things which I have to pay extra on the xbox which I got for free or alot cheaper on the PS and my PS didn't fail once. So I changed back to PS3 and have never regretted the choice. that was this gen and i still swapped but swapped back after learning the errors of my ways. next gen though i will look to see which one provides the best and is going to wait until both consoles are out and see how they perform until I pick one. So no I don't agree with your statement. Only because you to much of a fanboy to no understand why anyone else would play on anything other then a 360 doesn't mean they are fanboys. They might just have good reasons why they picked up a PS3 like the reasons above that made me swap back

#94 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

No Wii U? What I think is both PS4 and 720 will be flops and outdated things whilst PC gamers use Wii U more than any of them whilst still using the PC. 720 and PS4 will be used by idiots that fanboy a certain company if my theory is true.

While people can argue Sony and Microsoft are not original. If you think about it Nintendo has offered the most to gaming technology then any other company, even in recent times with the Wii, Nintendo 3Ds and now the Wii U

XalonR
I disagree with your statement completely. Lots of people have Wiis but their games sales compared the their system sales suck. After awhile most people realise it is nothing more then a gimmick and stop playing hence why game sales compared to system sales are very very low. I think both the PS and 360 have done loads more. They have pushed the level of AI that we use to see in a game because its got more power, They pushed the amount we can interact in a environment with more dynamic physics which can change the way we would have to play the game. They have bought in better lighting effects which can also bring a atmosphere to a game which you can not get on the Wii, Take the dead space games one of the reasons that's such a good game is because of the lighting and how it changes and it casts all dynamic shadows. Also the Blu-ray for the PS3 has given developers the disc space to create huge games and huge worlds that are rich in detail dragging the player in the fantasy world more, GTA V is rumoured to be about 60gb game either way it might be the first game to need a install on the PS3 and need two discs. it will also need a install on the 360 that we can all be certain of but atleast they have a HDD larger then 32gb so they can install the rest of the game still and play just using the one disc. Unlike the Wii U could do if it was to have it. Its HDD is just to small. You can use all of the HDD on it and still need a lot of disc swapping in game. So the Wii U can not even play games that the other gens can because its HDD wasn't well thought out. And both consoles have brought console gamers close with very rich multiplayer experiences something the Wii hasn't don't and still isn't really doing now as it just doesn't the base of gamers there to compete with the other two consoles and its not like its going to catch up within a Wii then the new more power hardware from both companys will be released and drag probs alot of people that are playing the Wii U. So no other then a gimmick way to input your controls into the game Nintendo hasn't done anything else that would bring something towards gaming. Not even any new IP's a console which just remake the mario kart games over and over its just boring and no imagination. Apart from sticking sensors into a stick they have done nothing else which has contributed towards gaming
#95 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

[QUOTE="XalonR"]

ziggyww

I disagree with your statement completely. Lots of people have Wiis but their games sales compared the their system sales suck. After awhile most people realise it is nothing more then a gimmick and stop playing hence why game sales compared to system sales are very very low. I think both the PS and 360 have done loads more. They have pushed the level of AI that we use to see in a game because its got more power, They pushed the amount we can interact in a environment with more dynamic physics which can change the way we would have to play the game. They have bought in better lighting effects which can also bring a atmosphere to a game which you can not get on the Wii, Take the dead space games one of the reasons that's such a good game is because of the lighting and how it changes and it casts all dynamic shadows. Also the Blu-ray for the PS3 has given developers the disc space to create huge games and huge worlds that are rich in detail dragging the player in the fantasy world more, GTA V is rumoured to be about 60gb game either way it might be the first game to need a install on the PS3 and need two discs. it will also need a install on the 360 that we can all be certain of but atleast they have a HDD larger then 32gb so they can install the rest of the game still and play just using the one disc. Unlike the Wii U could do if it was to have it. Its HDD is just to small. You can use all of the HDD on it and still need a lot of disc swapping in game. So the Wii U can not even play games that the other gens can because its HDD wasn't well thought out. And both consoles have brought console gamers close with very rich multiplayer experiences something the Wii hasn't don't and still isn't really doing now as it just doesn't the base of gamers there to compete with the other two consoles and its not like its going to catch up within a Wii then the new more power hardware from both companys will be released and drag probs alot of people that are playing the Wii U. So no other then a gimmick way to input your controls into the game Nintendo hasn't done anything else that would bring something towards gaming. Not even any new IP's a console which just remake the mario kart games over and over its just boring and no imagination. Apart from sticking sensors into a stick they have done nothing else which has contributed towards gaming

Holy jesus, just go blog it

#96 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

I'll be getting the PS4 unless it turns out to be a cloud-streaming device. In that case, I'll never touch it either or wait for a massive price drop. Wii-U is the only next-gen console I actually want.

Skipping 720 entirely because of how poor the 360 was.

#97 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -

[QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="XalonR"]

lostrib

Holy jesus, just go blog it

I don't know why it didn't put in my paragraphs :(
#98 Posted by marinevetstl (115 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] Than so is PS3 super slim.fernandmondego_

I didn't know PS3 super slim isn't PS3.

It's not, it's a PS3 Super Slim. It just happens to play PS3 games but it's new hardware.

It isn't a console that supports backward compatibility for PS3 games and it is a new system. If your logic were on point then Microsoft is on its 5th console, not 2nd.
#99 Posted by Bigboi500 (29401 posts) -

Not considering either in the slightest.

the_bi99man

This. A gaming PC and Wii U is all I need to go along with 3DS and Vita.

#100 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

going to see what stem box is all abou then probably build a PC