Bankruptcy still looms over Sony no matter how hyped they get on forums

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

They are in a bit of a mess. It's the main reason I won't be getting a PS4 until a few years down the line. The last thing I want is a system with discontinued support due to company closure. :?

Zaibach

You wont be getting a PS4, but we all know for very different reasons ;)

Nope I will be getting a PS4 just after nextbox and Wii U, and only if it has been proven a success a few years down the line.

#52 Posted by super600 (30100 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.Tessellation

Not a factor, Sony is a huge company and can sell assets. Sony is no Sega, stop the damage control.

stop the BANDODGING

There's another person in this thread that is bandodging and it's the TC.;)

#53 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Not a factor, Sony is a huge company and can sell assets. Sony is no Sega, stop the damage control.

super600

stop the BANDODGING

Did they make your ban list?
#54 Posted by super600 (30100 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] stop the BANDODGING  Heil68

Did they make your ban list?

Tc's most likely the really annoying phonemug/abonsabo.

#55 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20486 posts) -

They just had to sell their headquarters just to make ends meet.

They are a junk bond status company.

I really hope they just drop the Vita and don't take big losses on the PS4. This is make it and break time for our dear Sony.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57571798-92/sony-sells-tokyo-building-for-$1.2-billion/

robotapple
The butt hurt is strong in this one.
#56 Posted by stayhigh1 (723 posts) -

And The Red Lights of Death loom towards your xbox system. I dont see any problems a lot of companies sell their building and buy a new one later on..

#57 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

cowspot imo

will try to spin sony selling thei headquarters or becoming a junk bond status company into an ageda gainst the ts.

#58 Posted by ermacness (7021 posts) -

So let me get this straight:

You really can't bash the ps3 due to the ps3 looking very great this year around, compared to the competition. You can't really "successfully" bash the ps4 due to the positive critical responses it received after the conference on the 20th of this month. So we now have to result to bashing Sony, and their financial status? Do remember , child, that the ps4 wasn't suppose to be a power house  due to the "supposedly" limited funds that Sony gaming division have.;)

#59 Posted by JohnF111 (14046 posts) -

[QUOTE="drakekratos"]Sony is making a big comeback with Kaz Hirai at the helm. They seem to be doing everything right, and their products are still top notch. robotapple

Actually they are not making a big comeback at all... that is why shares continue to drop. Kaz is failing to turn the ship around. They're still losing money hand over fist.

Turning a billion dollar company around can't happen overnight. They're been losing money for over 5 years now possibly longer, it'll take a long time before Kaz's restructuring is at a point where they are in profit.
#60 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23411 posts) -

real estate profit is still profit.

#61 Posted by KillaCattle (63 posts) -
so you guys are taking cheap-shots now...lets pretend that MS hasn't lost more than half it's market cap since 2000 or that Windows Phone isn't an epic fail and Windows 8 isn't doing worst than Vista. This is system wars not business wars.
#62 Posted by joel_c17 (2815 posts) -
Lol Sony will b fine
#63 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
so you guys are taking cheap-shots now...lets pretend that MS hasn't lost more than half it's market cap since 2000 or that Windows Phone isn't an epic fail and Windows 8 isn't doing worst than Vista. This is system wars not business wars. KillaCattle
Woah, bringing up market cap is a massive mistake.
#64 Posted by clr84651 (5340 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Yeah... and I really hope teh Banhammer looms over you... ;)

robotapple

Why? I'm telling the truth.

Look... their credit rating has dropped to junk. They are in big trouble right now.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/22/sony-credit-downgraded-to-junk

You like to wear pink polka dotted underwear. I'm just telling the truth.:P

#65 Posted by clr84651 (5340 posts) -

Ya Sony's in real big trouble. They just announced a great PS4 system that will sell like crazy & their PS3 is outselling the Wii, Wii U, & 360. :roll:

They are making all the right moves now, so you can stop with making these threads. 

#66 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
Yes Sony is in a bad spot right now, which is why I am so happy they have been making so many right decisions with the PS4. Really the only thing they said so far that sucks is that my PSN games won't transfer over, which in turn has stopped me from buying anymore games off PSN.
#67 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

Of course it does. The only people forgetting it, are the froth-at-the-mouth fanboys... Who gives a f*ck about them?

#68 Posted by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

You don't see MS selling their buildings do you? :D

#69 Posted by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

xhawk27
I don't see them releasing any games aside from Halo/Gears/Forza.
#70 Posted by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

clyde46

They are publishing quite a bit... Though the retail focus is on Kinect :(

#71 Posted by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

clyde46

They have new IPs and will announce them later this year. :)

#72 Posted by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]

xhawk27

They better have otherwise its game over for them.
#73 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5540 posts) -

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]Yeah, everybody knows everything besides their gaming division has been doing terrible for years now..robotapple

Their gaming division is one of the biggest problems

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

check the date bruv,2 years is an old landscape.
#74 Posted by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] I don't see them releasing any games aside from Halo/Gears/Forza. clyde46

They better have otherwise its game over for them.

Yeah if not I am not buying a Halo/Gear/Forza box. :x

#75 Posted by jsmoke03 (12601 posts) -

They just had to sell their headquarters just to make ends meet.

They are a junk bond status company.

I really hope they just drop the Vita and don't take big losses on the PS4. This is make it and break time for our dear Sony.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57571798-92/sony-sells-tokyo-building-for-$1.2-billion/

robotapple
how about we make that judgement after the ps4 has been out for about 1 year. its hard to correct everything that they did wrong. im still surprised they have a mobile/ camera division. i agree they have been bleeding, but sony is not just a gaming division you know (though i think they should stop competing in cameras/phones and concentrate those resources on gaming or their music/movie ventures)
#76 Posted by Shewgenja (8298 posts) -

Let's all just have a moment of truth here.

The reason why Lemmings insist on bringing stuff like this up is that, when it comes to games, they just don't have any ammunition.  Face it, TC, you are PRAYING that Sony falls into some pit of nothingness and disappears.  You're like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz just tapping your heels together and telling yourself that there's no place like home.

Because, frankly, that's all that is going to save you from the onslaught.  I don't know much about this board specifically, but a lot of boards have been sprinkled over the years with "Sony's impending demise" and you know what happens?  The games just keep coming.  That's what.  Good day, sir.

#77 Posted by nextgenjoke (2123 posts) -

kaz will never sell out to the bill collectors

#78 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -
As a huge playstation gamer. I am actually slightly worried about Sony. I mean, the Vita seems to be a flop saleswise. But with the PS4, if they don't hit it out of the park, then it may be their last hurrah
#79 Posted by Lionheart08 (15293 posts) -

Yeah, everybody knows everything besides their gaming division has been doing terrible for years now..fueled-system

Actually, their Film Divison did insanely well last year. Amazing Spider-man and Men in Black 2 performed well. Skyfall FAR exceeded expectations. Their Animated films are taking off. And The Smurfs (yeah, i know it sucks) has turned out to be a surprisingly big money maker.

#80 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -
As a huge playstation gamer. I am actually slightly worried about Sony. I mean, the Vita seems to be a flop saleswise. But with the PS4, if they don't hit it out of the park, then it may be their last hurrahWadeFan
Very unlikely that Sony will disappear as a company, they have $180 billion worth of assets and several profitable divisions. There is room for dramatic restructuring, selling of assets and downsizing before it would get to the point of ceasing to trade altogether. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they will wind down or sell off their gaming division though, hopefully they bounce back with the PS4, competition is ultimately a good thing for gamers.