Bankruptcy still looms over Sony no matter how hyped they get on forums

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

They just had to sell their headquarters just to make ends meet.

They are a junk bond status company.

I really hope they just drop the Vita and don't take big losses on the PS4. This is make it and break time for our dear Sony.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57571798-92/sony-sells-tokyo-building-for-$1.2-billion/

#2 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Yeah... and I really hope teh Banhammer looms over you... ;)

#3 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Rocker6

Why? I'm telling the truth.

Look... their credit rating has dropped to junk. They are in big trouble right now.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/22/sony-credit-downgraded-to-junk

#4 Posted by Heil68 (45799 posts) -
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4
#5 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Sony did post a profit last quarter (independent of the selling of buildings). The profits for this quarter might be heavily inflated
#6 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Sony did post a profit last quarter (independent of the selling of buildings). The profits for this quarter might be heavily inflated NEWMAHAY
Actually they posted a loss and their shares dropped 11 percent.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/02/sony-share-prices-drop-11-biggest-decline-in-four-years/

http://n4g.com/news/1169763/sony-share-prices-drop-11-biggest-decline-in-four-years

#7 Posted by drakekratos (1975 posts) -
Sony is making a big comeback with Kaz Hirai at the helm. They seem to be doing everything right, and their products are still top notch.
#8 Posted by fueled-system (6314 posts) -
Yeah, everybody knows everything besides their gaming division has been doing terrible for years now..
#9 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Sony is making a big comeback with Kaz Hirai at the helm. They seem to be doing everything right, and their products are still top notch. drakekratos

Actually they are not making a big comeback at all... that is why shares continue to drop. Kaz is failing to turn the ship around. They're still losing money hand over fist.

#10 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Maybe but have you visited the xbox.com forums lately? 90% of the post are "We will move to the PS4 if Microsoft does not address the core gamer." And I can't say I blame them. I prefer the 360's exclusives but I am gonna want more. I may end up getting the PS4 at launch and waiting on the next XBOX for later. All depends on April announcements.

#11 Posted by Gue1 (10446 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

robotapple

Why? I'm telling the truth.

Look... their credit rating has dropped to junk. They are in big trouble right now.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/22/sony-credit-downgraded-to-junk

you're just beating a dead horse. Fixing Sony will take years not weeks or months you know....

#12 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]Sony did post a profit last quarter (independent of the selling of buildings). The profits for this quarter might be heavily inflated robotapple

Actually they posted a loss and their shares dropped 11 percent.

http://n4g.com/news/1169763/sony-share-prices-drop-11-biggest-decline-in-four-years

yeah, they posted a 100 million dollar loss. Just checked it. They will probably post a profit for the financial year though. Sony needs to focus on the markets that make them money and not their random products no one cares about. Sony Pictures did really well this year.
#13 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

They are in a bit of a mess. It's the main reason I won't be getting a PS4 until a few years down the line. The last thing I want is a system with discontinued support due to company closure. :?

#14 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Yeah, everybody knows everything besides their gaming division has been doing terrible for years now..fueled-system
Their gaming division is one of the biggest problems

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

#15 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Sony is fine and will continue to be fine. PS4 is going to be amazing.
#16 Posted by mariokart64fan (19554 posts) -

Sony is making a big comeback with Kaz Hirai at the helm. They seem to be doing everything right, and their products are still top notch. drakekratos
looking at vita ha ya right,    they aint doin jack right,  one week of boosted sales due to a price cut isnt what i consider right,  

i consider   games  that  made the ps1 popular and ps2 respectfully but sony just considers killzone and resistance but hey dont tell them theyll just keep milking the dry fps crowd 

#17 Posted by clyde46 (46826 posts) -
Someone else who has no idea how businesses work.
#18 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Sony is fine and will continue to be fine. PS4 is going to be amazing.Rattlesnake_8

What do you mean by fine?

Junk bond status?

I don't get it.

#19 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -
I am the first to admit that if Sony can launch with everything they claim than yes, The PS4 launch will be flawless but Sony always over hypes the Playstation brand. All their other products are nice but overpriced. I like my Vaio. But I could of got something better for a lot less.
#20 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

Someone else who has no idea how businesses work.clyde46
Please explain to us how it does work oh elightnened one.

How is not turning a profit since 2008, having your lowest company stock in history, having debt up to your ears to the point that you have to leverage off real estate, and being dropped to junk bond status a good thing?

#21 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

$2000 console confirmed?

#22 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

[QUOTE="drakekratos"]Sony is making a big comeback with Kaz Hirai at the helm. They seem to be doing everything right, and their products are still top notch. mariokart64fan

looking at vita ha ya right, they aint doin jack right, one week of boosted sales due to a price cut isnt what i consider right,

i consider games that made the ps1 popular and ps2 respectfully but sony just considers killzone and resistance but hey dont tell them theyll just keep milking the dry fps crowd

console market=/=handheld market, especially with the rise of smartphones and tablets.

#23 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Should sell some of there IPs but I doubt any one would by them, god knows cows don't.
#24 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2166 posts) -

/robotapple thread, we are all dumb for coming here

#25 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7521 posts) -
I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.
#26 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

Should sell some of there IPs but I doubt any one would by them, god knows cows don't. Jack-Burton

GT sold 10 mil, Uncharted 2 sold 6 mil, Uncharted 3 sold 5.7 mil so far, MGS4 sold 5.5 mil, Killzone 2&3 sold around 3 mil each, Heavy Rain sold 2 mil, try again.

#27 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.CanYouDiglt

Not a factor, Sony is a huge company and can sell assets. Sony is no Sega, stop the damage control.

#28 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Yeah, everybody knows everything besides their gaming division has been doing terrible for years now..fueled-system
Their gaming division has been profitable but Pictures and Music have been really big for them
#29 Posted by FinalFighters (1642 posts) -
they are just fine for now. typical lem more worried about Financhel statisis then games.
#30 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7521 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.NineTailedGoku

Not a factor, Sony is a huge company and can sell assets. Sony is no Sega, stop the damage control.

Umm they have been selling assets and lots of them from main office buildings, factories, stake in LCD Tvs, Chemical division, Spiderman merchandising rights, ect and ect.
#31 Posted by Shewgenja (9836 posts) -

LOL Investor Wars.

#32 Posted by clyde46 (46826 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Someone else who has no idea how businesses work.robotapple

Please explain to us how it does work oh elightnened one.

How is not turning a profit since 2008, having your lowest company stock in history, having debt up to your ears to the point that you have to leverage off real estate, and being dropped to junk bond status a good thing?

Take ITV for example, ITV were deep in debt so they started to lose everything that wasn't of value. They sold studios, downsized departments, cut down to equipment hiring, made people redundant, passed up contracts for lots of events like F1 and football. After all this cost cutting they are now back in the black and making money. Just because Sony are in trouble does not mean they are going under.
#33 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Sony spent 400 million buying Gaikai for the PS4. I don't think we have to worry about them and the ps4. They also spent 2.2 billion dollars just on buying out another Music Label
#34 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Should sell some of there IPs but I doubt any one would by them, god knows cows don't. NineTailedGoku

GT sold 10 mil, Uncharted 2 sold 6 mil, Uncharted 3 sold 5.7 mil so far, MGS4 sold 5.5 mil, Killzone 2&3 sold around 3 mil each, Heavy Rain sold 2 mil, try again.

Twisted Metal 600k Playstation all stars BR 450 k Little Big Planet Karting 430 k That was the crap i was om about the more recent stuff they can even give away
#35 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.NineTailedGoku

stop the BANDODGING
#36 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Should sell some of there IPs but I doubt any one would by them, god knows cows don't. Jack-Burton

Twisted Metal 600k Playstation all stars BR 450 k Little Big Planet Karting 430 k That was the crap i was om about the more recent stuff they can even give away

They made more than the production costs. Little big planet 1 and 2 sold a lot
#37 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Should sell some of there IPs but I doubt any one would by them, god knows cows don't. Jack-Burton

360 has low selling exclusives as well :| Ninja Blade, Too Human, Culdcept Saga, Chrome Hounds, DOA4, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Fable the Journey, etc.

#38 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NEWMAHAY

Can you not read pal I didn't mention LBP, Twisted Metal they could pawn off on some unexpected sucker maybe Sega the others they are stuck with but when you go for poor imitations of Nintendo's greats they aren't going to be worth much anyways. Well if they want to remain in the red more assests need to go, there little showing of A ps4 with no actual hardware besides a control pad that looks like a crab who got in your momma's liquor cabinet will not do.
#39 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

360 has low selling exclusives as well :| Ninja Blade, Too Human, Culdcept Saga, Chrome Hounds, DOA4, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Fable the Journey, etc.

Ahh but each one an undeniable cult classic instead of a nintendo rip off
#40 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

They just had to sell their headquarters just to make ends meet.

They are a junk bond status company.

I really hope they just drop the Vita and don't take big losses on the PS4. This is make it and break time for our dear Sony.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57571798-92/sony-sells-tokyo-building-for-$1.2-billion/

robotapple

I guess when you don't have games to play, you dwell  the internet and post stupid threads !

#41 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"] Twisted Metal 600k Playstation all stars BR 450 k Little Big Planet Karting 430 k That was the crap i was om about the more recent stuff they can even give away

Can you not read pal I didn't mention LBP, Twisted Metal they could pawn off on some unexpected sucker maybe Sega the others they are stuck with but when you go for poor imitations of Nintendo's greats they aren't going to be worth much anyways. Well if they want to remain in the red more assests need to go, there little showing of A ps4 with no actual hardware besides a control pad that looks like a crab who got in your momma's liquor cabinet will not do.

Little big planet is an IP. You can't just sell karting.
#42 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"] They made more than the production costs. Little big planet 1 and 2 sold a lot

Little big planet is an IP. You can't just sell karting.

I know and nether could Sony unfortunaltly
#43 Posted by Shewgenja (9836 posts) -

Sony are closing their doors any day now.  That's why they can put 8GB of DDR5 in the PS4.  They actually don't have any plans to manufacture it.

#44 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

They are in a bit of a mess. It's the main reason I won't be getting a PS4 until a few years down the line. The last thing I want is a system with discontinued support due to company closure. :?

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Lets all think this way, so noone buys it and then they DO go bankrupt.

#45 Posted by Shewgenja (9836 posts) -

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

NaveedLife

Lets all think this way, so noone buys it and then they DO go bankrupt.

Pfft, let him sit on the fence while the rest of us are playing badass games.
#46 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I admit I do not run a huge successful company but to fair Sony does not run one either but my imo Sony desperately needs the PS4 to catch on like a wild fire and fast. The cost of a console launch is huge and Sony is in pretty bad shape so they may not be able to weather the storm very well.Tessellation

stop the BANDODGING *images*

That is some scooby doo level sh*t right there.

#47 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Luckily they don't have a bankrupcy on games... like M$.
#48 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

You wont be getting a PS4, but we all know for very different reasons ;)

#49 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Luckily they don't have a bankrupcy on games... like M$.kuraimen
#50 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

PS4 is Sonys Revival!!!