Badass Videogame Characters

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Oh yeah Johhny Cage. One of only two normals in the game to survive the Armageddon. Punches way above his weight (usually below the belt:) ) and all while syling and profiling in those glasses.

#102 Posted by freedomfreak (40952 posts) -
I want to explain why Marcus went emo, but I can't be bothered. There's more to it than just [spoiler] losing his best friend Dom [/spoiler]
#103 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

I want to explain why Marcus went emo, but I can't be bothered. There's more to it than just [spoiler] losing his best friend Dom [/spoiler] freedomfreak

yes of course but I was not expecting him to be such a drama queen... anyway that does not mean that I didn't enjoyed Gears 3, on the contrary it was an awesome game.

#104 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Garcia F*cking Hotspur

Travis Touchdown, The Crownless King

#105 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Garcia F*cking Hotspur

Michael0134567

FUK. YES.

#106 Posted by freedomfreak (40952 posts) -
Okay, I might as well explain in short. [spoiler] Carlos Santiago is Dom's brother. He was also Marcus' childhood friend. His only friend. In the battle for Aspho Fields, Carlos got shot. He wasn't gonna make it, so he blew himself, and a bridge(that was a mission objective) to pieces, saving his squadmates and the mission. Marcus saw this happen and it damn near ruined him. Same case in GeoW3, where Dom sacrifices his life to save the rest. You can't blame Marcus for being a "drama queen" when he lost both of his best friends, just so that he could live. He wasn't as much as a drama queen than being just tired of the war and losing people he cared for anyway. [/spoiler]
#107 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

Okay, I might as well explain in short. [spoiler] Carlos Santiago is Dom's brother. He was also Marcus' childhood friend. His only friend. In the battle for Aspho Fields, Carlos got shot. He wasn't gonna make it, so he blew himself, and a bridge(that was a mission objective) to pieces, saving his squadmates and the mission. Marcus saw this happen and it damn near ruined him. Same case in GeoW3, where Dom sacrifices his life to save the rest. You can't blame Marcus for being a "drama queen" when he lost both of his best friends, just so that he could live. He wasn't as much as a drama queen than being just tired of the war and losing people he cared for anyway. [/spoiler] freedomfreak

I see... I just thought that marcus was somehow beyond that, all the values he represents. Still your point is valid and accepted.

#108 Posted by freedomfreak (40952 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Okay, I might as well explain in short. [spoiler] Carlos Santiago is Dom's brother. He was also Marcus' childhood friend. His only friend. In the battle for Aspho Fields, Carlos got shot. He wasn't gonna make it, so he blew himself, and a bridge(that was a mission objective) to pieces, saving his squadmates and the mission. Marcus saw this happen and it damn near ruined him. Same case in GeoW3, where Dom sacrifices his life to save the rest. You can't blame Marcus for being a "drama queen" when he lost both of his best friends, just so that he could live. He wasn't as much as a drama queen than being just tired of the war and losing people he cared for anyway. [/spoiler] V3rciS

I see... I just thought that marcus was somehow beyond that, all the values he represents. Still your point is valid and accepted.

The whole "fvck yeah kill locusts" thing is Gears of War being Gears of War :P For example, Cole is emotional as fvck, and he writes letters to his dead mother to cope with the war. Baird had it tough growing up. His mom was a prostitute.
#109 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -
Kratos, max Payne and cole from infamous.
#110 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

Zero

Megaman X

(When they're not voiced.)

#111 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Garcia F*cking Hotspur

Ilovegames1992

FUK. YES.

#112 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Okay, I might as well explain in short. [spoiler] Carlos Santiago is Dom's brother. He was also Marcus' childhood friend. His only friend. In the battle for Aspho Fields, Carlos got shot. He wasn't gonna make it, so he blew himself, and a bridge(that was a mission objective) to pieces, saving his squadmates and the mission. Marcus saw this happen and it damn near ruined him. Same case in GeoW3, where Dom sacrifices his life to save the rest. You can't blame Marcus for being a "drama queen" when he lost both of his best friends, just so that he could live. He wasn't as much as a drama queen than being just tired of the war and losing people he cared for anyway. [/spoiler] freedomfreak

The whole "fvck yeah kill locusts" thing is Gears of War being Gears of War :P For example, Cole is emotional as fvck, and he writes letters to his dead mother to cope with the war. Baird had it tough growing up. His mom was a prostitute.

well you got all this stuff from gears novel books? Haven't read them...

It's true that to fully embrace a game's lore u've got to explore beyond the game contents... I've read some stuff from witcher, mass effect, star wars, diablo and warcraft but clearly need to check gear's books as well

#113 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Kratos Snake Adam Jenson
#115 Posted by louisfoxton (1398 posts) -

Travis TouchDown

#116 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -
Ryu Hyabusa #1 badass!!!
#117 Posted by freedomfreak (40952 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="V3rciS"]

V3rciS

well you got all this stuff from gears novel books? Haven't read them...

It's true that to fully embrace a game's lore u've got to explore beyond the game contents... I've read some stuff from witcher, mass effect, star wars, diablo and warcraft but clearly need to check gear's books as well

Yeah, they're good reads.
#118 Posted by joel_c17 (2861 posts) -

Lu Bu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdiMvS0ZrQ

PapaRocks
Haha that guy was a badass. My top 5 Geralt Snake Auron Scorpion Duke nukem Oh and the battle toads were pretty badass
#119 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12815 posts) -
Ryu Hyabusa #1 badass!!!getyeryayasout
d Could be the most badass video game character ever. I liked his DOA 5 DLC costume DLC7_EX6-_Hayabusa_DLC_002.jpg
#120 Posted by N30F3N1X (8002 posts) -

Lol Sephiroth badass. Let me guess, you haven't even hit puberty yet, have you?

#121 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12815 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

The first character to come to mind is Kratos.

Cheleman
He's the definition of badass.

No he's the definition of f*cking crybaby. That dude whines harder than a woman during that time of the month.
#122 Posted by Ballroompirate (23047 posts) -

I would have to go with Dante,Commander Shepard,Garrus,Sam Fisher and Solid Snake.

#123 Posted by funsohng (28117 posts) -
Geralt and Ezio are the only badass character that is badass and well-characterized at the same time. At least for this gen. And Sephiroth is for sissy emo teenagers. Kefka >>> Sephiroth. Kefka is like The Dark Knight's Joker, and Sephiroth is like that guy from Twilight.
#124 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Sam Gideon. F*ck all yo other answers.

#125 Posted by 001011000101101 (3988 posts) -
Max Payne.
#126 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

joker

#127 Posted by louisfoxton (1398 posts) -

This = badass

#128 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

tumblr_mf5f6oF9271s031kmo1_400.jpg

The lack of this guy in this thread is disgusting.

#129 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

Lu Bu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdiMvS0ZrQ

Yangire

Lu Bu isn't badass. He's f*cking terrifying.

Lu Bu gets his ass kicked so easily these days, he was a wuss in WO3.

Oh man, i know right.

Can't believe this chump Nezha gets the better of him.

#130 Posted by meatgrinderz (1329 posts) -

Monkey from Enslaved. He's just cool.

zxc

#131 Posted by IgGy621985 (4817 posts) -

My vote goes for these two lads

axm5yDU.jpg

#132 Posted by jg4xchamp (48368 posts) -

Dante
Solid Snake and Big Boss
Sam Gideon
Ryu Hayabusa
Bayonetta
Jack Cayman
Garcia F*cking Hotspur
Geralt of Rivia
Leon S Kennedy
The Cole Train

#133 Posted by jg4xchamp (48368 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

These guys also:

thief%20box%20cover.jpg

PannicAtack

Garrett's really awesome, but I dunno about "badass." Part of the game's point is that he isn't a badass and can't fight his way out of a paper bag.

Badass isn't just straight up ass kicking it's a mentality. Or else the medium is full of badasses, and not actually wannbee badasses.

#134 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9057 posts) -

Dante (Devil May Cry) and Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) come to mind

Kratos is one hell of a tough guy, but I feel being a badass is more than that. It's more than just being brutal and powerful. To me, a bad ass is someone who's faced with impossible odds and acts like it's no big deal. They do impossible things and act like it's as easy as breathing.

#135 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Max Payne
Sam Fisher
Lilith
Maya
Agent 47