Badass Videogame Characters

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Lu Bu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdiMvS0ZrQ

PapaRocks
Lu Bu isn't badass. He's f*cking terrifying.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

The first character to come to mind is Kratos.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]I was actually going through it again when they announced the remaster. And then I stopped playing because I figured, "How long can this sort of things take?" Reasonable assumption, right? F*ck you, Square.

Same here. Got to that place with all the lightning as well. Been what... like a year and a bit now? I even have a PS3 now.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

Lu Bu

DarkLink77

His theme song is badass though.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

The first character to come to mind is Kratos.

-Patrick_92-
He's the definition of badass.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DarkLink77

Kratos.

Cheleman

The first character to come to mind is Kratos. -Patrick_92-

tumblr_m6td1lQoKv1qcwic6.gif?t=135348473

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

300px-Kazooie.jpeg

Kazooie because she has a sassy attitude, and gets things done even if they require she do something painful like shooting eggs out of her butt

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

I think Mario is the winner lol .....

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 freedomfreak

300px-Kazooie.jpeg

Kazooie because she has a sassy attitude, and gets things done even if they require she do something painful like shooting eggs out of her butt

Ly_the_Fairy
Yeah, the egg thing surpised me :P
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
Agent 47
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -Patrick_92-

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Kratos.

DarkLink77

The first character to come to mind is Kratos. -Patrick_92-

tumblr_m6td1lQoKv1qcwic6.gif?t=135348473

You're entiled to your opinion...but how is Kratos not badass?

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

300px-Kazooie.jpeg

freedomfreak

Yeah, the egg thing surpised me :P

Poor Kazooie :(

Eggs come out of her butt, she has to slam her beak into the ground, and she has to carry Banjo on her back, but she still puts on a happy face for the camera.

She's strong :)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DarkLink77

You're entiled to your opinion...but how is Kratos not badass?

-Patrick_92-

Because he blames others for his failings, f*cks over the entire world because he can't control his temper, whines constantly about things that are his own damn fault, and brutally murders people for no real reason?

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
I cant resist from admiring his badassery.

Honorable mention for Ryu Hayabusa and Sweet Johnson.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 freedomfreak
Poor Kazooie :(

Eggs come out of her butt, she has to slam her beak into the ground, and she has to carry Banjo on her back, but she still puts on a happy face for the camera.

She's strong :)

Ly_the_Fairy
Now, I'll feel bad every time I have to beak slam something :(
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I see Kratos like a Metal band lead. Constantly attempting to be badass but instead come across as a whiny teen

PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PapaRocks
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

Did anyone say The Boss yet? She made Snake look like a chump.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 -Patrick_92-

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

You're entitled to your opinion...but how is Kratos not badass?

DarkLink77

Because he blames others for his failings, f*cks over the entire world because he can't control his temper, whines constantly about things that are his own damn fault, and brutally murders people for no real reason?

I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or defeat anyone or anything that stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

Like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

-Patrick_92-

I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or defeat anyone or anything that stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

He does some pretty ridiculous sh!t, I'll give him that. :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarkLink77

PapaRocks
I don't think anyone has! :o Good point.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Henry

Travis Touchdown

Gibari (from Baten Kaitos, dude kicks ass with a fishing paddle nuff said)

Wei Shin

Adam Jensen

Akuma/Gouki

Samus

Leon

Dante

Any swordmaster from Fire Emblem (<3 Mia).

- I'm missing a lot of characters.

PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

-Patrick_92-

I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or anyone defeat anyone who stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

Like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion though.

He only started killing everyone because the gods made him a b**ch and wouldn't get rid of his memories.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Because he blames others for his failings, f*cks over the entire world because he can't control his temper, whines constantly about things that are his own damn fault, and brutally murders people for no real reason?

PapaRocks

I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or anyone defeat anyone who stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

He only started killing everyone because the gods made him a b**ch and wouldn't get rid of his memories.

They never said that they would. Then Zeus was all, "Hey, stop being a dick." And Kratos was like, "No, f*ck you." And then Zeus was like, "I will give you one more chance." And then Kratos was all, "No, f*ck you!" And Zeus was like, "Fine." And then Kratos was all, "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!" Such a whiny little b!tch.
PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or anyone defeat anyone who stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

DarkLink77

They never said that they would. Then Zeus was all, "Hey, stop being a dick." And Kratos was like, "No, f*ck you." And then Zeus was like, "I will give you one more chance." And then Kratos was all, "No, f*ck you!" And Zeus was like, "Fine." And then Kratos was all, "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!" Such a whiny little b!tch.

He killed Aries and became the new God of War. Then Zues plotted against him and took his godly powers away. So he was betrayed.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

Lu Bu

DarkLink77

Lu Bu gets his ass kicked so easily these days, he was a wuss in WO3.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

I see Kratos like a Metal band lead. Constantly attempting to be badass but instead come across as a whiny teen

OB-47
This is the best short hand description of whats wrong with Kratos that I've ever seen. Will use in the future.

PapaRocks
Indeed. I dont know how I forgot about her. Possibly the biggest bad ass in the MGS universe.
PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

Lu Bu

Yangire

Lu Bu gets his ass kicked so easily these days, he was a wuss in WO3.

Lu Bu in DW2 freaked me out when I was younger. Carefully grinding away his health then he gets a couple hits in and I have to run away for food if I survived.. I'm disappointed what they did to him.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DarkLink77

PapaRocks

He killed Aries and became the new God of War. Then Zues plotted against him and took his godly powers away. So he was betrayed.

Because Kratos was being a dick. He was told to stop. He chose to act like a spoiled child.

That's hardly betrayal.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

PapaRocks

He took away Kratos's powers because he was doing the exact same thing Ares was doing in the first game. That's not betrayal, that's putting him in his place.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Patrick_92-

PapaRocks

Didn't Zeus do that because he feared Kratos would kill him? Because Chrono's feared that Zues would become more powerful than him so he ate him, and Zeus thought the same could happen between him and Kratos with Kratos being Zeus's son, and eventually wanting to phase out Zeus. So he attempted to trick Kratos into giving up his powers so he couldn't kill Zeus, but that led to Kratos' motive to kill Zeus and ended up being able to kill him anyway without the power of a God...that's pretty badass lol

It's been awhile since I played GoW, but I think that is why Zeus tricked Kratos, and why Kratos wanted revenge.The Gods said they would take away his nightmares, they don't, and then they take away his power...yeah I'd be mad too :P

PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They never said that they would. Then Zeus was all, "Hey, stop being a dick." And Kratos was like, "No, f*ck you." And then Zeus was like, "I will give you one more chance." And then Kratos was all, "No, f*ck you!" And Zeus was like, "Fine." And then Kratos was all, "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!" Such a whiny little b!tch.DarkLink77

Because Kratos was being a dick. He was told to stop. He chose to act like a spoiled child.

That's hardly betrayal.

Alright, but Pandor's box had a lot to do with this. It really made Zues paranoid and scared of Kratos.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They never said that they would. Then Zeus was all, "Hey, stop being a dick." And Kratos was like, "No, f*ck you." And then Zeus was like, "I will give you one more chance." And then Kratos was all, "No, f*ck you!" And Zeus was like, "Fine." And then Kratos was all, "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!" Such a whiny little b!tch.PannicAtack

He took away Kratos's powers because he was doing the exact same thing Ares was doing in the first game. That's not betrayal, that's putting him in his place.

Yeah, really. I was just about to edit my post to say the same damn thing. "Hey, um... Kratos. Remember how we sent you to kill Ares because he was wrecking Athens? Yeah... Just to be clear, we don't want that to happen to any city. So you should probably stop that." "NO F*CK YOU RAGE RAGE RAGE" "Okay, fine. You're not the God of War anymore. And I'm going to kill you. Because like Ares, you were being a dick." "NO ZEUS HOW COULD YOU YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME I TOTALLY DID NOT HAVE THE BRAIN CELLS TO SEE THIS COMING BUT I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE" ^God of War 2's story in a nutshell. And after that, the story was impossible to take seriously.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]Faith :oops:!Zeviander
Nothing about her is badass. She is skilled at parkour. She doesn't do it any more extravagantly than anyone else who would do it.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong :lol: ? She's confident, acts without hesitation, has tremendous skills, take on people much bigger than her. She lives the runner lifestyle to the max.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zeviander
A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or defeat anyone or anything that stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass.-Patrick_92-
A mortal being doing that without outside help from other deities, or divine weapons/powers (he would have been foot paste in the first game had he not used Pandora's Box) would be a badass. Kratos is just a psychopathic child in the body of a man.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

PapaRocks

That's hardly betrayal.

Alright, but Pandor's box had a lot to do with this. It really made Zues paranoid and scared of Kratos.

That's a retcon to try and explain away the rampant stupidity that is God of War 2's plot. Kind of like how they shoehorned Pandora in so there could be this laughable message about hope.
PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

That's hardly betrayal.

DarkLink77

That's a retcon to try and explain away the rampant stupidity that is God of War 2's plot. Kind of like how they shoehorned Pandora in so there could be this laughable message about hope.

I really wish that they had a better ending...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DarkLink77

PapaRocks

Yeah... man the original Zeus fight looked so good. What we got though... they clearly rushed the game.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 V3rciS

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] They never said that they would. Then Zeus was all, "Hey, stop being a dick." And Kratos was like, "No, f*ck you." And then Zeus was like, "I will give you one more chance." And then Kratos was all, "No, f*ck you!" And Zeus was like, "Fine." And then Kratos was all, "YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!!!!!" Such a whiny little b!tch.PannicAtack

I like how Sony twisted and raped the Greek mythology and people still think it's cool... but wait didn't movies like clash of titans/wrath of titans and 300 did the same? Well I won't b!tch about "300" cause the movie was actually based on Frank Miller's comic version but the rest are like ... uhmm.

Anyway back on topic, I think Kratos is kinda over rated. This mofo has clearly some mental issues. "Kills everyone, after that kills the gods, dies and goes to Tartarus where he also kills Hades, then comes back and kills what's left and then he realizes that he just killed all the gods all the primordial gods including Hyperion, Cronus etc and also their children and then when nothing's left he goes and kills JESUS..." Crazy motherfvcker...

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Zeviander
Do you ever get tired of being wrong :lol: ? She's confident, acts without hesitation, has tremendous skills, take on people much bigger than her. She lives the runner lifestyle to the max. Sushiglutton
A badass can do all those things... BUT, they make it look absolutely effortless and do it usually in a very cocky and sarcastic manner. Faith isn't a badass. I'm not sure why you would think she is, or want her to be one. She is supposed to be a symbol that represents the minority, the tiny, the oppressed, overcoming adversity and the oppressors. Think David and Goliath. Goliath is the cocky, sarcastic, arrogant badass being taken down by the confident, skilled, but largely stoic David. Overcome by hubris, he is overconfident that he can just squash David, but David uses his finely honed skill as a slinger to nail him with a tiny pebble and bring down the giant. Dante is a badass because he plays what he does up as a game. Duke Nukem is a badass because he blasts aliens and bangs chicks... all without losing the grin and attitude. Garcia Hotspur is a badass because he uses his Big Boner to shoot demons in the face and [spoiler] is banging the Devil's wife [/spoiler] . Faith isn't a badass. I don't think you know what a badass is.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That's a retcon to try and explain away the rampant stupidity that is God of War 2's plot. Kind of like how they shoehorned Pandora in so there could be this laughable message about hope.DarkLink77

Yeah... man the original Zeus fight looked so good. What we got though... they clearly rushed the game.

I can make it (a little) better with four simple words: Kratos doesn't kill Zeus.

PapaRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PapaRocks

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="PapaRocks"]

V3rciS

I like how Sony twisted and raped the Greek mythology and people still think it's cool... but wait didn't movies like clash of titans/wrath of titans and 300 did the same? Well I won't b!tch about "300" cause the movie was actually based on Frank Miller's comic version but the rest are like ... uhmm.

Anyway back on topic, I think Kratos is kinda over rated. This mofo has clearly some mental issues. "Kills everyone, after that kills the gods, dies and goes to Tartarus where he also kills Hades, then comes back and kills what's left and then he realizes that he just killed all the gods all the primordial gods including Hyperion, Cronus etc and also their children and then when nothing's left he goes and kills JESUS..." Crazy motherfvcker...

I think his humanity disappeared after he killed his wife and daughter. I still like Kratos, he set a goal and achieved it, but he didn't get the results he wanted. Might have be used by Athena the whole time for some after life plot or something. Decided he'd rather end it than give her... hope was it? Now Marcus on the other hand decided to go emo in the last few minutes. I've never seen such badassery torn to shreds than Marcus and Dom in Gears of War.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DarkLink77

PannicAtack

I can make it (a little) better with four simple words: Kratos doesn't kill Zeus.

That would make too much goddamn sense and it doesn't feed the power fantasy. Can't have that.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

-Patrick_92-

Asura>Kratos. Asura punched a planet in the face.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

HK47 - one of the best fictional characters created.

Canderous Ordo - gloriously warlike and an overall bad mofo. In the 'uncle you know got into fights as a young guy and is feared and respected' way.

Garrus Vakarian - part of a badass race and awesome space cowboy alien. Been through everything with Shepard, saving the universe, killing a thresher maw etc

Urdnot Wrex - same reason, less sophisticated warrior race and more animalistic blood lust mentalist gun for hire.

Sam Fisher - utimate spy. All around average middle aged father that has kicked a lot of arse.

Mario - rescued a girl so many times and still hasn't gotten any, never been sour about it. The face of gaming. Respect given.

Frank West - he's covered wars y'know? Utimate zombie killer in any franchise. 'He's a kick ass photo journalist'

James Earl Cash - thrown into a city of murderous criminals and owns them all with beautiful efficiency

Zell Dincht - punches massive enemies to death. 'nuff said.

That's all i can think of, most Bioware characters are badass in some way, but i picked and chose my favourites.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 V3rciS

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] He took away Kratos's powers because he was doing the exact same thing Ares was doing in the first game. That's not betrayal, that's putting him in his place.PapaRocks

I think his humanity disappeared after he killed his wife and daughter. I still like Kratos, he set a goal and achieved it, but he didn't get the results he wanted. Might have be used by Athena the whole time for some after life plot or something. Decided he'd rather end it than give her... hope was it? Now Marcus on the other hand decided to go emo in the last few minutes. I've never seen such badassery torn to shreds than Marcus and Dom in Gears of War.

damn true about Gears... When Dom died I was like "WTF... okay well it was for the greater good blah blah" despite the fact that in reality he just went nuts over Maria and was kinda tired of life etc...
but when Marcus went emo... that was kinda "Come on dude... all this time you've been acting like a fuking Jesus reincarnated... blowing stuff in front of you etc" I mean he clearly over reacted ^^

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Because he blames others for his failings, f*cks over the entire world because he can't control his temper, whines constantly about things that are his own damn fault, and brutally murders people for no real reason?

mems_1224

Never got around to playing Asura's Wrath, I heard it's got a lot of badassery moments :P
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]I know he isn't a likeable character, but he is still badass. A mortal being able to kill a God, take down a Titan, or defeat anyone or anything that stands in the way of his end goal is pretty badass. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone :P

-Patrick_92-

Never got around to playing Asura's Wrath, I heard it's got a lot of badassery moments :P

I haven't played it either. I just remember seeing a Game Informer video of the game and he literally punched a planet in the face.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Asura>Kratos. Asura punched a planet in the face. mems_1224

I haven't played it either. I just remember seeing a Game Informer video of the game and he literally punched a planet in the face.

That's badass, but so is decapitating Helios with your bare hands.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 V3rciS

Garrus Vakarian - part of a badass race and awesome space cowboy alien. Been through everything with Shepard, saving the universe, killing a thresher maw etc

Ilovegames1992

a little bit off topic but... when in ME3 Garrus asked you to come with him to shoot targets and see who's the best, did you actually let him win or?
While the choice you'd make would not affect the story still I think it took me some time to think whether I should let him win or not, can't explain why. I mean in the game they were by far more important decisions to make still I was kinda troubled over this one.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts
Donte Dante Vergil Alucard Sweet tooth Wei shen Johnny gat Main character in saints row Leon s kennedy Adam Jensen