Bad news incoming for ps4 ? linky inside

  • 94 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for granddogg
#1 Posted by granddogg (625 posts) -

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12573-bad-news-regarding-industry-incoming-possibly-ps4-and-sony-related.html

Avatar image for Sweenix
#2 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

yo mamma

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#3 Edited by freedomfreak (48000 posts) -

I fought a barber man!

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@granddogg: dont just post a link.... anyways very interesting read/ tweets

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#6 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Yay! E-drama ahoy.

Avatar image for kellykelly
#7 Edited by KellyKelly (386 posts) -

Already debunked in this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-enforces-review-embargo-to-hide-deficienc-30883855/?page=1#js-message-29

Avatar image for tormentos
#8 Posted by tormentos (23594 posts) -

@granddogg said:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12573-bad-news-regarding-industry-incoming-possibly-ps4-and-sony-related.html

Arthur Gies the supreme lemming,and Adam Sassler who even got mad when he was ask PS4 or xbox one but the guy keep saying PS4..hahaha

Fun fact AC4 was reviewed already for the PS4 by some source,yet the xbox one version wasn't.

http://nintendoeverything.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-gets-first-review/

Avatar image for muffin2020
#9 Edited by Muffin2020 (534 posts) -

Why is PS4 so prominent in the title. If and that's a big if it's true it would effect all systems.

Avatar image for Scipio8
#10 Edited by Scipio8 (908 posts) -

The PS4 is not ready, Sony enforcing staged environment for reviewers to review the system. Reviewers not happy! Its crashing and burning cows.

Meanwhile at Xbox Land

"Albert Penello @albertpenello

Here's what I know: Today's internet explosion has nothing to do with Xbox One. All is well in Redmond. Sleep tight, and dream of 11/22."

Avatar image for danabo
#11 Edited by danabo (2476 posts) -

Oh, this is bad. I can't believe Sony would do that. Can't even play DVDs without an internet connection, rush console confirmed.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#12 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

Already debunked in this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-enforces-review-embargo-to-hide-deficienc-30883855/?page=1#js-message-29

Where in that thread has this been debunked?, quote the specific post.

Avatar image for tormentos
#13 Edited by tormentos (23594 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

The PS4 is not ready, Sony enforcing staged environment for reviewers to review the system. Reviewers not happy! Its crashing and burning cows.

Meanwhile at Xbox Land

"Albert Penello @albertpenello

Here's what I know: Today's internet explosion has nothing to do with Xbox One. All is well in Redmond. Sleep tight, and dream of 11/22."

It shows so where are the xbox one version of games like NBA 2K14,COD4 that get show on PS4 but no on xbox one.?

I wonder how much MS is trowing to try to fix the xbox one image,digital foundry did another PR announcement as well,funny exactly when all hell break lose because of the xbox one version of games been 720p.

Avatar image for sukraj
#14 Posted by sukraj (26116 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Yay! E-drama ahoy.

sup bud.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#15 Posted by TheEroica (16182 posts) -

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Avatar image for Scipio8
#16 Edited by Scipio8 (908 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

The PS4 is not ready, Sony enforcing staged environment for reviewers to review the system. Reviewers not happy! Its crashing and burning cows.

Meanwhile at Xbox Land

"Albert Penello @albertpenello

Here's what I know: Today's internet explosion has nothing to do with Xbox One. All is well in Redmond. Sleep tight, and dream of 11/22."

It shows so where are the xbox one version of games like NBA 2K14,COD4 that get show on PS4 but no on xbox one.?

I wonder how much MS is trowing to try to fix the xbox one image,digital foundry did another PR announcement as well,funny exactly when all hell break lose because of the xbox one version of games been 720p.

How about showing games on near retail PS4 kits ?

Avatar image for tormentos
#17 Posted by tormentos (23594 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Why wait cancel your pre-order now,that is what i don't get you don't want a PS4 and you are looking for an excuse to sell it and the console is not even out,go ahead dude cancel it,its better in the end that trying to find a silly excuse to sell your unit.

Avatar image for 2mrw
#18 Posted by 2mrw (5580 posts) -

The only thing that could kill is a delay of the PS4 release !

Avatar image for kuu2
#19 Posted by kuu2 (8662 posts) -

I have always said there was a reason Sony was not showing games on retail kits. This could be Sony's swan song which would be very bad for the industry.

Avatar image for kuu2
#20 Posted by kuu2 (8662 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

The PS4 is not ready, Sony enforcing staged environment for reviewers to review the system. Reviewers not happy! Its crashing and burning cows.

Meanwhile at Xbox Land

"Albert Penello @albertpenello

Here's what I know: Today's internet explosion has nothing to do with Xbox One. All is well in Redmond. Sleep tight, and dream of 11/22."

It shows so where are the xbox one version of games like NBA 2K14,COD4 that get show on PS4 but no on xbox one.?

I wonder how much MS is trowing to try to fix the xbox one image,digital foundry did another PR announcement as well,funny exactly when all hell break lose because of the xbox one version of games been 720p.

You continue to spout rumors when this article is about facts.

Sony Fan continues to be clowns for a company that continues to lie to them.

Flat Line Of Death sounds very real to me.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#21 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Why wait cancel your pre-order now,that is what i don't get you don't want a PS4 and you are looking for an excuse to sell it and the console is not even out,go ahead dude cancel it,its better in the end that trying to find a silly excuse to sell your unit.

If I pre-ordered a PS4, in its current state, I'd wait for them to ship my unit, wait until its sold out everywhere (there's bound to be a shortage), then sell it on E-Bay. Someone, somewhere, will be desperate to get a PS4 ASAP, and won't mind paying a bit extra.

Avatar image for shawn30
#22 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Seriously, making a thread with just a damn link in the OP shouldn't be allowed. FFS, it's not that hard to at least pull a quote from said link or even give your own opinion.

On-topic: Bunch of random tweets, from people who love knowing more than the average joe. Could be true, could just be nitpicking. Guess we'll have to wait.

Lol, you treat every MS rumor as fact, and yet when its possible negative Sony you give them the benefit of the doubt? Cows, i tell you.

Avatar image for 2mrw
#23 Posted by 2mrw (5580 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Why wait cancel your pre-order now,that is what i don't get you don't want a PS4 and you are looking for an excuse to sell it and the console is not even out,go ahead dude cancel it,its better in the end that trying to find a silly excuse to sell your unit.

If I pre-ordered a PS4, in its current state, I'd wait for them to ship my unit, wait until its sold out everywhere (there's bound to be a shortage), then sell it on E-Bay. Someone, somewhere, will be desperate to get a PS4 ASAP, and won't mind paying a bit extra.

Do you this kind of behaviour is forbidden in some religions :D? .. like mine.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#24 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

I have been saying this for a while now that something doesn't smell right with Sony. You cows laughed when I said the console will be delayed. Everything these journalist are hinting at Pionts to this. We shall see.

In the meantime read this tidbit on how this will be Sonys last console and how they must lie for every dollar right now. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/http-www-notenoughshaders-com-2012-09-08-the-ten-y/26048369/

Avatar image for TheEroica
#25 Posted by TheEroica (16182 posts) -

@NameIess_One: bingo...

Avatar image for tormentos
#26 Edited by tormentos (23594 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

How about showing games on near retail PS4 kits ?

PS4 dev kits are PC with PS4 components inside,it has been like this always,using EA will serve you for no good since EA uses PC to demo all their games,and depending on what they show they use a xbox one or PS4 controller which both work on PC.

PS4 kits have final hardware not 680GTX or 780 GTX like EA and a developer for an xbox one game used.

Avatar image for danabo
#27 Posted by danabo (2476 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

How about showing games on near retail PS4 kits ?

PS4 dev kits are PC with PS4 components inside,it has been like this always,using EA will serve you for no good since EA uses PC to demo all their games,and depending on what they show they use a xbox one or PS4 controller which both work on PC.

PS4 kits have final hardware not 680GTX or 780 GTX like EA and a developer for an xbox one game used.

lol 900p, doesn't play DVDs without internet, staged reviews, FLoD = rushed console confirmed! lol

Wii U > PS4

Avatar image for TruthArisen
#28 Posted by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Wonder Woman smirks, thinking to herself why lemmings are so terrified of this PS4. Then remembers, even Lord Ares was terrified of its power. Perhaps lemmings are right to be scared.

Avatar image for kuu2
#29 Posted by kuu2 (8662 posts) -

Can we lock this thread or combine it with the Xbox embargo thread. I like the other thread better since it is Sony Fan gacking on itself in a back fire thread. Shows their ignorance.

Avatar image for tormentos
#30 Posted by tormentos (23594 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You continue to spout rumors when this article is about facts.

Sony Fan continues to be clowns for a company that continues to lie to them.

Flat Line Of Death sounds very real to me.

@kuu2 said:

I have always said there was a reason Sony was not showing games on retail kits. This could be Sony's swan song which would be very bad for the industry.

Yeah i see is this ^^ a fact.? lol...

Dude IGN showed the PS4 version of COD ghost where was the xbox one version.? NBA 2k14 was demos as well in a conference,again the PS4 version the xbox one version wasn't there,one magazine in France already has an issue with reviews and talk about the PS3,xbox 360 and PS4 version of AC4 yet no mention what so ever of the xbox one version.

This are not rumors this are facts,IGN showed ghost when Activision and MS had a deal that basically stop activision from showing PS3 version of COD until after launch always i guess the deal is off,or the xbox one version is so bad that MS allow Activision to show the PS4 version.

@NameIess_One said:

If I pre-ordered a PS4, in its current state, I'd wait for them to ship my unit, wait until its sold out everywhere (there's bound to be a shortage), then sell it on E-Bay. Someone, somewhere, will be desperate to get a PS4 ASAP, and won't mind paying a bit extra.

There is no warranty of that happening dude,your holding up on a pre-order for something that may not even happen.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I have been saying this for a while now that something doesn't smell right with Sony. You cows laughed when I said the console will be delayed. Everything these journalist are hinting at Pionts to this. We shall see.

In the meantime read this tidbit on how this will be Sonys last console and how they must lie for every dollar right now. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/http-www-notenoughshaders-com-2012-09-08-the-ten-y/26048369/

Hahahaa... my god some one is a little upset..

Avatar image for McStrongfast
#31 Edited by McStrongfast (4658 posts) -

Appears to have to do with an inability to publish, or monetize, PS4 video coverage. Something along those lines. Doesn't sound good, whatever it is.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#32 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Why wait cancel your pre-order now,that is what i don't get you don't want a PS4 and you are looking for an excuse to sell it and the console is not even out,go ahead dude cancel it,its better in the end that trying to find a silly excuse to sell your unit.

If I pre-ordered a PS4, in its current state, I'd wait for them to ship my unit, wait until its sold out everywhere (there's bound to be a shortage), then sell it on E-Bay. Someone, somewhere, will be desperate to get a PS4 ASAP, and won't mind paying a bit extra.

Do you this kind of behaviour is forbidden in some religions :D? .. like mine.

There are religions which forbid the trade of goods? :O

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#33 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@tormentos: it doesn't make me upset to have Sony crumble before me. Cows can twist it anyway they want. Sony has screwed up. I'm gonna be leading the charge to piss on its grave.

Avatar image for 2mrw
#34 Posted by 2mrw (5580 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

I'm counting on the lazy casuals this xmas season to hike the price right up so I have a clear legit reason to sell my ps4... These consoles look more and more unfocused every day.

Why wait cancel your pre-order now,that is what i don't get you don't want a PS4 and you are looking for an excuse to sell it and the console is not even out,go ahead dude cancel it,its better in the end that trying to find a silly excuse to sell your unit.

If I pre-ordered a PS4, in its current state, I'd wait for them to ship my unit, wait until its sold out everywhere (there's bound to be a shortage), then sell it on E-Bay. Someone, somewhere, will be desperate to get a PS4 ASAP, and won't mind paying a bit extra.

Do you this kind of behaviour is forbidden in some religions :D? .. like mine.

There are religions which forbid the trade of goods? :O

Nop, but using the need of others in your favor

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#35 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:
"Albert Penello @albertpenello

Here's what I know: Today's internet explosion has nothing to do with Xbox One. All is well in Redmond. Sleep tight, and dream of 11/22."

He doesn't even know what resolution most of his console's launch games are in! ^_^

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#36 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@tormentos: it doesn't make me upset to have Sony crumble before me. Cows can twist it anyway they want. Sony has screwed up. I'm gonna be leading the charge to piss on its grave.

I find this statement by a dude with one of those crap Kinect avatars intensely amusing.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Sessler threatened by someone (Sony) and is even considering leaving the gaming industry? Sony is so out of control with its DC (get it?). This will be the end of the playstation console.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#38 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

There are religions which forbid the trade of goods? :O

Nop, but using the need of others in your favor

"Using the needs of others in your favor."

That could very much work as a definition of business in general.

Avatar image for seanmcloughlin
#39 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

The bad news coming is likely the monetisation structure on video reviews for next gen games. Nintendo have already implemented it by taking the ad revenue from any Nintendo video on youtube and it sounds like Sony are gonna do the same thing which would mess up Rev3games youtube channel where they do their reviews costing people like Sessler his livlehood

Avatar image for 2mrw
#40 Edited by 2mrw (5580 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

There are religions which forbid the trade of goods? :O

Nop, but using the need of others in your favor

"Using the needs of others in your favor."

That could very much work as a definition of business in general.

Lol, you are right :D ... but I meant, storing stuff so that you can sell them later for higher prices when they are deficient ...

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#41 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/http-www-notenoughshaders-com-2012-09-08-the-ten-y/26048369/. Sessler says "truth to power" will win. Sony has him pissed.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#42 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

@2mrw said:

@NameIess_One said:

There are religions which forbid the trade of goods? :O

Nop, but using the need of others in your favor

"Using the needs of others in your favor."

That could very much work as a definition of business in general.

Lol, you are right :D ... but I meant, storing stuff so that you can sell them later for higher prices when they are deficient ...

Well, you could argue it's a bit unfair, but what the hell, life's dull if you play by the "rules" all the time! :P

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#43 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Arthur Gies ✔ @aegies

You'll know answers to certain resolution rumors before the 12th. That's not why embargoes are separate for Xbox one. Think harder eyeroll.

6:47 PM - 26 Oct 2013

13 RETWEETS 7 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#44 Edited by freedomfreak (48000 posts) -

Who is eyeroll?

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#45 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@freedomfreak: @freedomfreak: it's more like, think harder *rolls eyes*

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#46 Posted by freedomfreak (48000 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@freedomfreak: @freedomfreak: it's more like, think harder *rolls eyes*

:roll:

Avatar image for danabo
#47 Edited by danabo (2476 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Arthur Gies ✔ @aegies

You'll know answers to certain resolution rumors before the 12th. That's not why embargoes are separate for Xbox one. Think harder eyeroll.

6:47 PM - 26 Oct 2013

13 RETWEETS 7 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Arthur Gies ‏@aegies12h

@stillgray@LemonHatchet i don't consider 1080p that next-gen a feature. 64 players instead of 24 though .

Avatar image for kuu2
#48 Edited by kuu2 (8662 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

You continue to spout rumors when this article is about facts.

Sony Fan continues to be clowns for a company that continues to lie to them.

Flat Line Of Death sounds very real to me.

@kuu2 said:

I have always said there was a reason Sony was not showing games on retail kits. This could be Sony's swan song which would be very bad for the industry.

Yeah i see is this ^^ a fact.? lol...

Dude IGN showed the PS4 version of COD ghost where was the xbox one version.? NBA 2k14 was demos as well in a conference,again the PS4 version the xbox one version wasn't there,one magazine in France already has an issue with reviews and talk about the PS3,xbox 360 and PS4 version of AC4 yet no mention what so ever of the xbox one version.

This are not rumors this are facts,IGN showed ghost when Activision and MS had a deal that basically stop activision from showing PS3 version of COD until after launch always i guess the deal is off,or the xbox one version is so bad that MS allow Activision to show the PS4 version.

"Dude", you are delusional and live in your own little world. Why is Sony doing controlled environment play sessions (Like The one above) with their hardware while MSoft actually sent out production units to reviewers????

You will be the first Sony Fan to go into exodus since your posts are the most outlandish and laughable.

A review session put on by the games maker is laughable.

'Yeah you can review our game on these debug kits in a limited scripted stage that we have picked out for you.'

Laughable!!!!!!!

Avatar image for danabo
#49 Posted by danabo (2476 posts) -

Dude - lol

Avatar image for seanmcloughlin
#50 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@freedomfreak: @freedomfreak: it's more like, think harder *rolls eyes*

How did you.... emoticon?