Atari is Rebooting Alone in the Dark and Haunted House

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

This news just came out seconds ago via Gameinformer:

Atari announced today that two classic franchises will be unveiled at PAX next weekend. Haunted House, last seen on Wii and Xbox Live Arcade in 2010, and Alone in the Dark, most recently on Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3, will be coming to PC later this year. Atari hasn’t shared any details about either title, but we’re interested to see what the publisher is planning. Based on the websites, Pure is handling Alone in the Dark and Dreampainters is working on Haunted House. We weren't able to find any information on Pure, but Dreampainters previous work includes the horror title Anna, published by Kalypso. The company will also have Minimum on PC, Roller Coaster Tycoon World on PC, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 Mobile in Seattle at PAX. For more information, you can sign up at the official Alone in the Dark and Haunted House websites. PAX will take place in Seattle from Friday, August 29, through Monday, September 1.

SOURCE

What do you think, my friends? And does the news say it's PC-only? Because it's not worded clearly enough.

I'd be very excited even if it's some form of a remake of either the every first Alone in the Dark or the whole original trilogy. Even if PC-only. That's how I love this franchise. AITD 1 is a milestone of gaming and is still playable today, Its sequel is a bit forgettable but the third part is also very good.

Oh and The New Nightmare was ridiculously, criminally overlooked whereas it was one of the most perfect realizations of the revamped, classic post-Resident Evil formula.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I only ever played Alone in the dark 1 and it was very good for early 3d with characters made up of only a few blocky polygons.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Alone in the Dark will be multiplat.

I highly doubt that it'll be a proper successor, but it's too early to tell.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

What the **** is it with all the dark horror games recently being announced... Silent Hills, RE, Until Dawn, Alone in the Dark. I think it's close to saturation point now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: the alone in the dark I played on 360. It has many issues, but I still had fun with it. Much like Kane and lynch it was one of my guilty pleasures.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Salt_The_Fries

@cainetao11 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: the alone in the dark I played on 360. It has many issues, but I still had fun with it. Much like Kane and lynch it was one of my guilty pleasures.

Oh yeah, it was a really decent game underneath its bugs, glitches and unpolishedness. Some of its ideas were really novel and should've become staples of video game design.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

lolatari. When was the last time they released a good game?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Kjranu said:

Outside of SOME DBZ games (their former cash cow, which, knowing how influential Atari's name was, makes it quite sad), none that I recall. The last Alone in the Dark sucked ass on ALL consoles last I checked:

Loading Video...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@nintendoboy16: It sucked ass on PC too.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Salt_The_Fries

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Kjranu said:

Outside of SOME DBZ games (their former cash cow, which, knowing how influential Atari's name was, makes it quite sad), none that I recall. The last Alone in the Dark sucked ass on ALL consoles last I checked:

Loading Video...

This ProJared guy is one of the biggest noobs on YouTube and is full of shit. I hate his guts. There's nothing "PRO" about him.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I miss the old Atari. :(