At lst 12 brands will be making Steam machines

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4319 posts) -

Source

At least a dozen companies will be unveiling their own third-party Steam Machines at this week's CES trade show in Las Vegas.

• Alienware
  • Falcon Northwest
  • iBuyPower
  • CyberPowerPC
  • Origin PC
  • Gigabyte
  • Materiel.net
  • Webhallen
  • Alternate
  • Next
  • Zotac
  • Scan Computers

That Steam machines boulder is really taking speed.

#2 Posted by Consternated (478 posts) -

Ooh nice. I sometimes buy from Scan in the UK, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with (not that I'll buy one).

It's also interesting to see manufacturers like Gigabyte giving it a go! Hopefully it works out for them.

#4 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4319 posts) -

I will lol if Sony maked their own steam machine. I mean there are vaio notebooks,, which is a Sony brand.

#5 Posted by Telekill (4141 posts) -

So Steam Machine is the new 3DO?

#6 Posted by Desmonic (12322 posts) -

I will lol if Sony maked their own steam machine. I mean there are vaio notebooks,, which is a Sony brand.

Don't be so surprised. Microsoft and Sony colaborate in a lot of things. For example Microsoft is in the talks with Sony to make Windows based phone with them. Business is business brah :P Though I doubt Steam will go for the latptop market.

--

Interested in seeing some of these offers, like Gigabyte (curious to see how they'll set up a full PC) and Alienware (to laugh at how bloody expensive it'll be lol).

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13680 posts) -

The only good company I see there is Gigabyte.

#8 Edited by joehult (349 posts) -

Recipe for disaster, seems no one learns from past mistakes anymore.

#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19075 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Don't be so surprised. Microsoft and Sony colaborate in a lot of things. For example Microsoft is in the talks with Sony to make Windows based phone with them. Business is business brah :P Though I doubt Steam will go for the latptop market.

--

Interested in seeing some of these offers, like Gigabyte (curious to see how they'll set up a full PC) and Alienware (to laugh at how bloody expensive it'll be lol).

Well Gigabyte already make laptops and PC's so it's not too much of a leap. I'm quite interested in their stuff as well though because they're an actual tech company instead of being middle men that simply build their own cases like most of the others on the list.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (6478 posts) -

It's not the end of the world consoles, but you can see it from here.

#11 Edited by Desmonic (12322 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@Desmonic said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

--

Well Gigabyte already make laptops and PC's so it's not too much of a leap. I'm quite interested in their stuff as well though because they're an actual tech company instead of being middle men that simply build their own cases like most of the others on the list.

They do? Huh.. did not know that :P I know their graphics cards which tend to have great cooling solutions, but I didn't know they already made PC's. Interesting! Gonna have to some searching now eheh! :D

Edit:

Holy sh!t, they make some awesome laptops! :O Just researched their P35K model, and damn that's a whole lot of power for a laptop! Simple and clean design too. Colour me impressed!