Assassin's Creed set in China would be a breath of fresh air

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Actually I would like the entire franchsize to just die, start over with a new IDEA but similar gameplay.

enough of this BS assassin vs. templars crap, it's worn out it's welcome.

Perhaps set it in a setting of political intrigue while keeping the supernatural Pissing contest to a minimum.

I completely agree with you, but the devs simply won't do it. They convoluted the story so much, and made the sci-fi elements become even more annoying as the games progress. The Desmond parts were terrible ever since the beginning, but the devs keep cinging to it. Sadly it seems like creating a good and meaningful story is a rarity in gaming. That's where Assassin's Creed really fails. Not only that, but they seem to have a really hard time understanding that nobody wants countering for combat. Literally all you do is counter. With Assassin's Creed III they raved on about some totally new combat system that's way improved and built from the ground up, well guess what Ubisoft, it's still 99% countering! Only this time, they made it use less buttons.

It just frustrates me when devs don't listen to feedback from their fans or community, the same thing happened with Elder Scrolls. People ask for better combat, but instead they keep it as the same old hack and slash. I don't expect anything better from the next Assassin's Creed game or the next Elder Scrolls game, which is a shame because there's a lot of potential there. We need another dev to step up and make a game like Assassin's Creed done right, you know, with actual stealth. It's not a stealth assassination if you take on an entire army to get to the target, Ubisoft.

It's sad because AC has so many good things going for it. Great animations, beautiful worlds, cool protagonists, hidden blade, fully climbable historical cities etc. But they just refuse to push the gameplay to a decent level. I don't get it :(. Combat is a little better than you describe though (you should play a bit more aggro than 99% counters to keep a nice flow), but still mediocre.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] yea, its a shame too because the yearly releases have already started to affect the quality of the games.XVision84

Definitely this... the franchise fatigue is already kicking in for me, and the fact how AC3 has plenty of dumb design decisions makes things even worse...

Yes, definitely. I was so hyped for Assassin's Creed III because it seemed like they finally fixed everything wrong with AC III, and that supposed 3 year development time, but nope. Same old horrid AI, bad combat, only this time they added terrible framerates and terrible draw distance. They said that they're not going to stop though, so expect another AC game in 2013. And let's not get started on the stealth. I don't get it, Far Cry 3 is also from Ubisoft yet the stealth and AI in that game is great. Can they seriously not just...take it from Far Cry 3, and...incorporate it in Assassin's Creed?

Seriously, if they made an Assassin's Creed game with actual assassin's (not demi-gods that auto-counter entire armies), actual stealth (run up to target in middle of crowd and stab does not = stealth), a meaningful story, no (or very minimum) sci-fi, and all set in an interesting time period (Asia, India, etc.), then I would cry with joy. But until then, I am never buying an Assassin's Creed game again.

Exactly, the AC franchise may have started as something special and appealing due to its unique concept, but seeing a bunch of well-known and acknowledged issues from the earlier games still lingering this late into the franchise is an atrocity!

AC3 focused on the visuals and overall presentation by constantly hyping the new engine, and yes, the game really looks awesome, at least on the PC, but they messed up far too many things in the basic game design. A damn shame, and the worst thing, I can see things only going downhill from now on. A milked franchise has minimal chances of rising up to its former glory, it only ends up on a steady decline...

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Here are some of my personal picks: - Ancient Rome from Sulla-Marius contentions to ascension of Augustus and establishment of the Empire - end of feudal era in ancient China with the unification of China by Qin, and subsequent war and founding of Han dynasty - Germany and Austria under the reign of Karl V (Reformation) - Thirty Years War Europe - Poland and the surrounding regions during the Deluge - France during French Revolution and subsequent Napoleonic era - Japan from Opium War to Meiji Restoration - India during Sepoy Uprising - Russian Revolutions - China in early 20th century
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Everyone wants to play as an Asain Assassin.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

It would be awesome if they could make a game based off Assassin's Creed: The Fall. It's set in Russia during the 19th century.

Assassinscreedthefall1.jpg

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Rocker6

It's sad because AC has so many good things going for it. Great animations, beautiful worlds, cool protagonists, hidden blade, fully climbable historical cities etc. But they just refuse to push the gameplay to a decent level. I don't get it :(. Combat is a little better than you describe though (you should play a bit more aggro than 99% counters to keep a nice flow), but still mediocre. Sushiglutton

I tried that, but it simply takes too long, and feels even more repetative than counters, due to constantly being faced with far too many enemies. The sad fact is, combat is designed around counters and streaks, you may try to "fight" against it, but doesn't work well... at least for me...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Definitely this... the franchise fatigue is already kicking in for me, and the fact how AC3 has plenty of dumb design decisions makes things even worse...

TheGuardian03

Yes, definitely. I was so hyped for Assassin's Creed III because it seemed like they finally fixed everything wrong with AC III, and that supposed 3 year development time, but nope. Same old horrid AI, bad combat, only this time they added terrible framerates and terrible draw distance. They said that they're not going to stop though, so expect another AC game in 2013. And let's not get started on the stealth. I don't get it, Far Cry 3 is also from Ubisoft yet the stealth and AI in that game is great. Can they seriously not just...take it from Far Cry 3, and...incorporate it in Assassin's Creed?

Seriously, if they made an Assassin's Creed game with actual assassin's (not demi-gods that auto-counter entire armies), actual stealth (run up to target in middle of crowd and stab does not = stealth), a meaningful story, no (or very minimum) sci-fi, and all set in an interesting time period (Asia, India, etc.), then I would cry with joy. But until then, I am never buying an Assassin's Creed game again.

*looks at avatar/sig*

My avatar/sig pretty much shows what I think Assassin's Creed should be like. A game with everything I stated in my post set in China would be great ;).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

btw i didn't even finish ac3, really tired of assassins creed, they need to stop for a year or two and make it better and have some real stealth.TheGuardian03

Neither did I man, neither did I. And I don't even want to finish it.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]btw i didn't even finish ac3, really tired of assassins creed, they need to stop for a year or two and make it better and have some real stealth.XVision84

But you have to see the awesome ending!:o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]btw i didn't even finish ac3, really tired of assassins creed, they need to stop for a year or two and make it better and have some real stealth.PhazonBlazer

But you have to see the awesome ending!:o

My friends told me the ending on my request.

It's about as bad as I expected it to be :P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

*looks at avatar/sig*

TheGuardian03

My avatar/sig pretty much shows what I think Assassin's Creed should be like. A game with everything I stated in my post set in China would be great ;).

won't happen, also i am betting you'll hype the next ac they announce xv.

Absolutely not! :o

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
breath of fresh air hahahahahahahahahahhaah XD
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sushiglutton

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]It's sad because AC has so many good things going for it. Great animations, beautiful worlds, cool protagonists, hidden blade, fully climbable historical cities etc. But they just refuse to push the gameplay to a decent level. I don't get it :(. Combat is a little better than you describe though (you should play a bit more aggro than 99% counters to keep a nice flow), but still mediocre. Rocker6

I tried that, but it simply takes too long, and feels even more repetative than counters, due to constantly being faced with far too many enemies. The sad fact is, combat is designed around counters and streaks, you may try to "fight" against it, but doesn't work well... at least for me...

Let's say you only face normal guards. Then you counter the first with B (Xbox controls) and press X to kill him. Hold your stick towards the next guard and press X. Repeat that until next guard is ready to attack, then you press B to counter etc. I don't see how this could lead to 99% counters? And if you use A to break defense (a second tap will trip the enemy to the ground, making heavies easy to kill) and Y for say a ropedart (will also get enemies to the ground) you will have to do even less counters.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

That concept art gallery is better than the entire franchise.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Rocker6

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

TheGuardian03

I wouldn't blame him, even if it happens...

When a franchise you love so much starts going downhill, you may criticize it as much as you want, but you'll still remain secretly hopeful for a while, thinking how the sequel will fix things, how the devs will acknowledge the fan feedback, etc, only to end up dissapointed again...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
Sorry, but they can't get this close to the perfect setting for an AC game and then not use it. The next game -has- to follow Connor during the French Revolution. They'd be crazy to set it anywhere else, when they've already got the perfect setup for it. Honestly, they should have just skipped the American one and gone straight there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

Rocker6

I wouldn't blame him, even if it happens...

When a franchise you love so much starts going downhill, you may criticize it as much as you want, but you'll still remain secretly hopeful for a while, thinking how the sequel will fix things, how the devs will acknowledge the fan feedback, etc, only to end up dissapointed again...

Naw, that already happened with AC III. I really had my hopes up, but yeah I should've known better. Well....at least there's The Last of Us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]It's sad because AC has so many good things going for it. Great animations, beautiful worlds, cool protagonists, hidden blade, fully climbable historical cities etc. But they just refuse to push the gameplay to a decent level. I don't get it :(. Combat is a little better than you describe though (you should play a bit more aggro than 99% counters to keep a nice flow), but still mediocre. Sushiglutton

Let's say you only face normal guards. Then you counter the first with B (Xbox controls) and press X to kill him. Hold your stick towards the next guard and press X. Repeat that until next guard is ready to attack, then you press B to counter etc. I don't see how this could lead to 99% counters? And if you use A to break defense (a second tap will trip the enemy to the ground, making heavies easy to kill) and Y for say a ropedart (will also get enemies to the ground) you will have to do even less counters.

Thing is, they give you all these tools to use, but I never have any interest in using them. I've had the rope dart for some time, but why do I need it when I can just counter? And even so, pressing X from one enemy to the next until I have to counter isn't really a good combat system. I see what you're saying though, they give you the opportunity to make it less repetitive, but that's not enough. The combat still leaves much to be desired.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Rocker6

Sorry, but they can't get this close to the perfect setting for an AC game and then not use it. The next game -has- to follow Connor during the French Revolution. They'd be crazy to set it anywhere else, when they've already got the perfect setup for it. Honestly, they should have just skipped the American one and gone straight there.Planeforger

The problem is, even if they hit the "perfect" setting, but fail to iron out the glaring and familiar flaws, who cares?

Good settings, quality graphics and presentation can significally improve the experience, but if the basic game design is horribly flawed, they won't do much, and you'll still get bored quickly...

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

XVision84

Thing is, they give you all these tools to use, but I never have any interest in using them. I've had the rope dart for some time, but why do I need it when I can just counter? And even so, pressing X from one enemy to the next until I have to counter isn't really a good combat system. I see what you're saying though, they give you the opportunity to make it less repetitive, but that's not enough. The combat still leaves much to be satisfied.

Exactly, I just want for combat to be done as quickly as possible, streaks and counters are by far the fastest way to dispatch the enemies...

Now, I may try to have some fun and experiment with different moves in some encounters, but most of the time, I just don't have the patience, or the interest...

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sushiglutton
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Thing is, they give you all these tools to use, but I never have any interest in using them. I've had the rope dart for some time, but why do I need it when I can just counter? And even so, pressing X from one enemy to the next until I have to counter isn't really a good combat system. I see what you're saying though, they give you the opportunity to make it less repetitive, but that's not enough. The combat still leaves much to be satisfied.

It's a weak version of the Arkham Asylum combat basically. It doesn't flow as good, it doesn't offer as much variety, it lacks quickfiring (must change tool through d-pad menu). I'm not saying it is good, I think it's very mediocre. But just to be fair it does offer the chance for some variety and if you play it that way it becomes a bit more fun (and goes faster) so I see no reason not to do that :).
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Sorry, but they can't get this close to the perfect setting for an AC game and then not use it. The next game -has- to follow Connor during the French Revolution. They'd be crazy to set it anywhere else, when they've already got the perfect setup for it. Honestly, they should have just skipped the American one and gone straight there.Planeforger

French revolution yes. An American dude taking a major role in the French revolution definitely no.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'll say one thing I want guns gone, or made extremely rare and or difficult to use.

There are plenty of options for ranged combat without using these methods, ac3 touched on one with the rope dagger thing, but it wasn't used very well.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
egypt would be better
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Let's keep giving hints to ubi maybe they can get the creative directors head out of his ass in time.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#79 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

No more Asassin's Creed would be a breath of fresh air.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

Every dynasty's fall would fit in this, especially the rise of Han dynasty.

However it won't happen. Most likely the next game will be based in Russia and the bolshevik revolution. I read that comic, The Fall, and found it to be very intriguing.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

-Assassin's Creed
-Fresh

Pick one.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Would love it but i'd personally prefer Scotland during this era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobite_risings

Cities-Edinburgh,Stirling,Potentially Dundee.

An area like the Frontier probably call it the Ochil's or the highlands just for non locals despite it not being correct :P

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

An area like the Frontier probably call it the Ochil's or the highlands just for non locals despite it not being correct :P

razgriz_101

I dunno...

Scotland isn't really an appealing setting. And we've had enough European settings.
my vote goes to China, it's something totally new.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Sagem28

I dunno...

Scotland isn't really an appealing setting. And we've had enough European settings.
my vote goes to China, it's something totally new.

that uprising lends itself insanely well to the whole templar ideology the game pushes,trust me its got deep roots in various things like religion and to an extent the divide still exists.

Not to mention Scotland sets itself apart a hell of a lot from most European history of that era.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

As long as th dumb asses that made AC3 aren't touching it then I would have faith that it would be a good game.