Assassin's Creed Rogue, now confirmed

• 87 results
#1 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

#2 Posted by yokofox33 (30180 posts) -

Ahhhhhh, how many AC games?! I'll still get it though since I love the AC franchise, but only when it hits a bargain price.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (20368 posts) -

difficult to call this one....on one hand it looks like a re-skin of IV. but assassin's creed games always hit the mark. I wont be playing this one though.

Still not sold on unity, if it forces co-op missions, i really dont fancy it.. The MP is awesome, but when you get stuck with a bunch of idiots running everywhere for the entire round, it ruins it. that's what'll happen with this unity.

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (42312 posts) -

Bring it on.

#6 Edited by blamix99 (2531 posts) -

so is this AC Comet? renamed to Rogue?

#7 Posted by silversix_ (15536 posts) -

North pole? That would be the first interesting setting in an ass creed game

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (11853 posts) -

Do we have more of these can Call Of Duty? Hmm.

It's probably put out more in a shorter time period.

#9 Posted by Netret0120 (2862 posts) -

Maybe Call of duty will start doing 2 games a year

#10 Posted by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@sts106mat: yeah I can see that... sadly, the coop will only be as good as the idiot/friend on the other end. Of course that's true with all coop I guess.

#11 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2811 posts) -

And after couple of months it will be ported to PC, X1 and PS4. From now on we will be getting two Ass creed in a year or may be three if they decided to do a handheld game and then do another HD port.

#12 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (588 posts) -

This is bad .. they are milking AssCreed games to death now and just throwing out ideas .. What's next? AssCreed in Mars? :|

#13 Posted by sts106mat (20368 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@sts106mat: yeah I can see that... sadly, the coop will only be as good as the idiot/friend on the other end. Of course that's true with all coop I guess.

it is, but with assassin's creed it'll be extra shit.

Remember in L4D, if you were playing with a knobhead, they usually ended up getting their brain eaten, whilst the other players could still survive.

With Creed, unless they have factored in the "knobhead" factor, it just looks like it'd get frustrating. I love the competitive MP, but like i said, get in a game with people who are charging everywhere, it loses all its fun / appeal.

There is plenty other games to be getting on with later in the year anyway, so i can (at this stage) afford to wait....I say this now, but i'll probably still end up getting on release day FFS

#14 Edited by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@sts106mat: I'm gonna get unity... I always get AC games so why try and deny it. Lol. That said, I'm not gonna bother with coop unless it's with the right folks. Yeah imagine tailing someone across a mission (already a boring activity in creed games) only to have them bust ahead and fail the mission out of stupidity. No thanks.

Agreed on competitive mp... its very good and creed doesn't get enough respect on that front. A super fun alternative to pew pew pew in the face games.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (46413 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@sts106mat: I'm gonna get unity... I always get AC games so why try and deny it. Lol. That said, I'm not gonna bother with coop unless it's with the right folks. Yeah imagine tailing someone across a mission (already a boring activity in creed games) only to have them bust ahead and fail the mission out of stupidity. No thanks.

Agreed on competitive mp... its very good and creed doesn't get enough respect on that front. A super fun alternative to pew pew pew in the face games.

In otherwords you'll play coop with me...awww yeahhhh

I got the CE edition coming. :D

#16 Posted by parkurtommo (27570 posts) -

@Life-is-a-Game said:

This is bad .. they are milking AssCreed games to death now and just throwing out ideas .. What's next? AssCreed in Mars? :|

Yes please.

#17 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Five Assassin's Creed games in the last 24 months.

Five. You'll find it between 4 and 126.

#18 Posted by sts106mat (20368 posts) -

@TheEroica: I know lol, I say it every year. only just finished AC4 a few weeks ago though after half doing it on 360, then half doing on X1 earlier in the year....i finished it on the x1 in the end.

#19 Posted by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@Heil68: Hellz yeah we'll play a ton of creed. Did you really get the CE? Haha awesome!

#20 Posted by sts106mat (20368 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Five Assassin's Creed games in the last 24 months.

Five. You'll find it between 4 and 126.

we say this every year, yet people still buy it, because like it or not, it is a great franchise with a lot of fans. The games are genuinely well made and give hours and hours of entertainment.

#21 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7748 posts) -

Not interested. This franchise has run its course.

#22 Posted by Heil68 (46413 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: Hellz yeah we'll play a ton of creed. Did you really get the CE? Haha awesome!

Yup, I have passed on the last 2 and figured why not. I really enjoyed the last game, so much so it's the first AC game I've ever finished. I hope Unity carries on and I can look at a cool new statue while doing it. :P

#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17105 posts) -

You know what would be nice.... If they did a 2D Spin Off using the UbiArt Engine from Rayman. They could make it like Mark Of The Ninja.... But with Co-Op !

#24 Posted by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@Heil68: I ordered a stand for garrus and didn't realize I actually order 30 stands. Oops. Want me to send you some? Yes were grown men discussing our dolls.

#25 Posted by Heil68 (46413 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: I ordered a stand for garrus and didn't realize I actually order 30 stands. Oops. Want me to send you some? Yes were grown men discussing our dolls.

You got 30????

#26 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Why are they release 2 assassin's creed games so close together? it makes no sense.

#27 Posted by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@Heil68: yeah I thought I was ordering 2! Turns out I was ordering 2 BOXES of 15. Double oops.

#28 Posted by Heil68 (46413 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: yeah I thought I was ordering 2! Turns out I was ordering 2 BOXES of 15. Double oops.

How much was total for 2 boxes? lol

#29 Edited by TheEroica (14275 posts) -

@Heil68: 25 bucks. I was thinking it was like 12 bucks per stand.... but it was 12 bucks for the box. They work great btw.

#30 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4407 posts) -

Oh,and it's set in the Artic. Yet we can't play a game about being an Assssin in Asia.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (46413 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: 25 bucks. I was thinking it was like 12 bucks per stand.... but it was 12 bucks for the box. They work great btw.

I'm glad they work great. since you're so well stocked :P I may look at one of yours and see if it's similar to what I have. Mine is ok, but it could be better.

#32 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11984 posts) -

This. Changes. Everything!!!

#33 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9019 posts) -

Ubisoft is completely out of control.

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

"Cormac's story will have a "crucial link" to the Kenway family saga of Assassin's Creed 3 and 4"

I really hope the PS4/Xbone and PC get this game (as an HD version) someday too...

#35 Posted by dommeus (9430 posts) -

@sts106mat:

I thought the co-op stuff was optional?

#36 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12209 posts) -

...and people give Call of Duty shit for it's annual releases.

#37 Posted by Zelda187 (1008 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Ubisoft is completely out of control.

That's an understatement

They've probably surged ahead of EA as the most mediocre, money whoring publisher in the industry.

#38 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

You can play the game by yourself, even the coop missions. It will be much tougher, but it's still there.

#39 Posted by WeepsForFools (562 posts) -

I love the main AC games.. but not hyped for Unity, couldn't really care less about this right now either.. bargain bins at this point.

#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17425 posts) -

Also, I love how Ubisoft is offering pre-order bonuses before even showing a gameplay video or even a screenshot

"Please pre-order our game based on nothing. Okthanksbye"

#41 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1104 posts) -

Yuck.

#42 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Somebody end this madness!

#43 Edited by tonitorsi (8611 posts) -

And I'm there Day uno.

#44 Posted by Alcapello (1263 posts) -

If you wants to play in the north pole, why not just set it in russia like bond, jame bond.

#45 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2458 posts) -

Can explain to me what this is? Sequel only on last gen? Why, unity is only next gen?

#46 Posted by wiifan001 (18457 posts) -

This is both bad marketing and the most blatant use of milking of this series yet

They only just now show its first trailer with 3 months left until launch and it's only for 360 and PS3, and Assassin's Creed Unity is releasing at the same time.

#47 Edited by tonitorsi (8611 posts) -

New screenshots from the new Gaeinformer cover:

It looks solid. Could be as good or exceed Black Flags depending solely on execution. As long as they hit the right marks on gameplay and introduce new gameplay-centric features (and nothing as shitty-esque as Tower Defense) I'll be there Day 1.

#48 Edited by donalbane (16370 posts) -

I'm going rogue by not buying it. Unity all the way.

#49 Edited by tonitorsi (8611 posts) -

And let's be clear on one thing, I rather have Free Roam rehashes that puts admirable effort with replayability and quality features than on rails_insert name here_ / run of the mill third and/or first person experiences that fail to step out of their bubble zone to try out new approaches. At least, even if its not that evident to some folks, Ubisoft have done just this with Asscreed.

If they can keep a consistent quality from both a story and gameplay standpoint, I'm game for the yearly milk.

#50 Edited by tonitorsi (8611 posts) -

Collector's edition goodies

From Ubisoft:

The story of Shay is one of revenge. For the first time in the Assassin's Creed® franchise, experience the journey of a Templar hunting down his former Assassin brothers.

Available November 11, exclusively on Xbox 360 and PS3.