Assassin's Creed Rogue leaked for PS3 and 360?

#1 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11612 posts) -
#2 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

so whats this? 15th assassins creed game? and are not AC unity and commet coming out?

#3 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Release it on the ps4/one....

Ubi should make a spinoff series. Call it The Knights.

#4 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11612 posts) -

so whats this? 15th assassins creed game? and are not AC unity and commet coming out?

Apparently Rogue is the same thing as Comet.

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

No thanks. The real AC is on the new systems. Unity will be so much better than Rogue. Screw those old-assed systems.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13424 posts) -

Oh snap! "Comet" is a thing after all! :O

I'll say what I said when I heard about the original rumour: Releasing two fully fledged AC games is a dumb and risky move IMO. Sure it can turn out great for Ubi this year. Sure we can argue that they're on different platforms, therefore it should be alright. But it'll double the overall yearly franchise fatigue.Which can bite in the ass in just a couple of years. Plus the lack of a number in either Unity or this Rogue may (or may not) bring some marketing issues with the general consumers (think Wii vs WiiU on a much smaller scale of course).

If it's good I'll play it, but probably not on release. Despite AC4 being pretty damn awesome, I already avoided it at release.

#7 Posted by silversix_ (14076 posts) -

I think we need a new AC for each season of the year. When are we getting 4 ass creeds per year? Cannot wait.

#8 Posted by parkurtommo (26490 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Oh snap! "Comet" is a thing after all! :O

I'll say what I said when I heard about the original rumour: Releasing two fully fledged AC games is a dumb and risky move IMO. Sure it can turn out great for Ubi this year. Sure we can argue that they're on different platforms, therefore it should be alright. But it'll double the overall yearly franchise fatigue.Which can bite in the ass in just a couple of years. Plus the lack of a number in either Unity or this Rogue may (or may not) bring some marketing issues with the general consumers (think Wii vs WiiU on a much smaller scale of course).

If it's good I'll play it, but probably not on release. Despite AC4 being pretty damn awesome, I already avoided it at release.

I think they know exactly what they're doing. "Rogue" is probably using the older AC engine, reusing assets too. I'm sure they'll make decent profit, and continue the milkage.

As long as Unity is decent, I don't care.

#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Today marks the day I officially want Assassins creed to die. Too much milkage in a short period of time.

#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6954 posts) -

I don't think Ubisoft is listening to people.

#11 Edited by uninspiredcup (7851 posts) -

Imagine if Assassins Creed was actually a good game and you got 15 great games.

Imagine.

#12 Edited by tonitorsi (8297 posts) -

ggggglad to know the name's been re-adjusted :p

Day uno.

#13 Posted by Desmonic (13424 posts) -

@parkurtommo:

It's like I said though. It's likely that it'll work out for them, for now. The issue is that franchise fatigue becomes greater (assuming this becomes a trend for the franchise in the following years). Not even the juggernaut seller that is CoD dares to risk two entries in a single year. Nor Fifa, nor Madden.. they don't do it for a reason.

And honestly, despite the franchise maintaining a fairly decent level of quality across all it's entries, I thin it's time to bring radically new concepts/better executions into the mix. The co-op in Unity, if done right, will be a big step into the right direction. If they want to do more modern settings then add a much, much bigger focus on stealth. Bring back the info collecting from the first game (but executed properly). It's something I felt added a nice layer of semi-realism, collecting info on your main target before going after him/her. Make the assassin contracts have some sort of impact in the town/village they're set in, like bringing down corruption or the overall enemy population or whatever. Once you start making some serious money they all become kinda pointless as they are now.

Maybe I'm just getting a bit tired of the same style of game again and again.....

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (87693 posts) -

Not sure why they don't reboot the series already and try something new instead of "refreshing the page" every year and adding a new gameplay gimmick.

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -

After 2 AC was boring to me

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Because people buy it? People just bought a year old game with better graphics.

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (87693 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Because people buy it? People just bought a year old game with better graphics.

They'll stop buying it eventually. They stopped buying Guitar Hero.

The Assassin's Creed IP is excellent and being incredibly underused with yearly repeats of the same game. They could make RTS's, RPG's and any combination of those with action-adventure.

#18 Posted by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

Unity is where i'm going. If they put some serious work into it, then it could be freakin' awesome.

#19 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

This is the third one in development that we know about.

#20 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

I hate leaks.... People need to exercise more self control.

#21 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2567 posts) -

i will get Unity...and if there is a ps3 AC game i will get it too

#22 Edited by Netret0120 (2033 posts) -

Unity is the real one. First true next gen one.

#23 Edited by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

"More AC is always a good thing"

I disagree. One Assassin's Creed every 3 years, on the other hand, would be good. Thay applies to every damn yearly series.

#24 Posted by CyberLips (1821 posts) -

After that piece of trash that is AC3 i'm not buying another AC game.