Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25091 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creed-mirage-officially-announced-reveal-next-week

Also head its no longer RPG and more like original AC games.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Original AC games were even more garbage so what are we gaining?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39895 Posts

Why????? Where is Infinity? Where are NFT's? I want to shit on Ubisoft. Please give me content.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

The setting alone has me interested, can't wait for the reveal.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Juub1990 said:

not really. I disliked originals but RPG one made ezio games feel like masterpieces.

beside AC4 black flag was great.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56489 Posts

@Juub1990: Garbage for you. I always prefer the old-school AC games so this is something that could get me back into the franchise.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

Recently started Valhalla, its been fun and it looks great on PS5. My problem is the repetitive nature of the main quests. I'm down to 2 territories left and have to admit I'll be glad when I'm finished. currently at around 70 hours.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990

@davillain said:

@Juub1990: Garbage for you. I always prefer the old-school AC games so this is something that could get me back into the franchise.

Not just for me. Be serious, those games are a relic of the past. Press 1 button to win a fight. Absolutely barebones stealth mechanics and shitty missions that left nothing to the player's creativity.

It was cool in the mid-2000s with the huge sprawling world populated where you could do parkour along with the different ways to assassinate but in 2022? Those games are woefully outdated and never reached even a fraction of their full potential because of Ubisoft's lack of vision and risk-averse nature.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990
@ghosts4ever said:
@Juub1990 said:

not really. I disliked originals but RPG one made ezio games feel like masterpieces.

Black Flag was fun because of the pirate stuff. The assassin stuff was just as shit as it always had been. There's no piracy in this one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

If there's no rpg "mechanics", how are they gonna monetize xp boosters and timer savers?😆😆😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70550 Posts

What does going back translates to? If it means shitty outside of animus levels then 🤢

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7096 Posts

Ubisoft is incapable of making an open world that doesn't feel terribly repetitive. It's hard to play something like RDR2 and TW3 and then go back to an Ubisoft game.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1284 Posts

Used to be a big fan of the older games , but hard to go back to em now.

Hated Origins and skipped the ones after.

I think Syndicate and Unity were overall the least shitty of the series. (Unity's buggyness aside)

I doubt this will be good, but we'll see.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11274 Posts

I like AC games that didn't have leveling up bullshit, so I'm paying attention. Why should a dude with a 46 over his head be less susceptible of eating a sword than a dude with a 3

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990

@Pedro said:

What does going back translates to? If it means shitty outside of animus levels then 🤢

Ugh, don't even remind me of this. Having fun? Not on our watch! Here's a crappy mission in the modern world when one of the main reasons you're even playing the game is to escape to a different era!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7096 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Juub1990 said:

Black Flag was fun because of the pirate stuff. The assassin stuff was just as shit as it always had been. There's no piracy in this one.

Black flag was the most overrated AC game in existence. I lost count of how many main missions required me to follow someone and listen to a conversation. Yes it had cool characters and the pirate theme was fun but the missions were trash.

AC unity was the only one that actually took some risk. The crowd system is still better then anything in AC today and the main missions were actually different. It got destroyed in reviews because hardware at the time struggled to run it. AC unity honestly needs a remaster on modern hardware so people could really appreciate it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70550 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I like AC games that didn't have leveling up bullshit, so I'm paying attention. Why should a dude with a 46 over his head be less susceptible of eating a sword than a dude with a 3

The same reason in all RPG games. 🤷🏽‍♂️

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Complaint: Ubisoft keeps using the same formula in all their games that they developed in Assassin's Creed and it sucks.

Ubisoft: Good news! We're going back to our tower climbing roots with Assassin's Creed!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
@silentchief said:

Black flag was the most overrated AC game in existence. I lost count of how many main missions required me to follow someone and listen to a conversation. Yes it had cool characters and the pirate theme was fun but the missions were trash.

AC unity was the only one that actually took some risk. The crowd system is still better then anything in AC today and the main missions were actually different. It got destroyed in reviews because hardware at the time struggled to run it. AC unity honestly needs a remaster on modern hardware so people could really appreciate it.

Play Unity on PC, it's easy to run with a modest rig these days (though still needs a fairly powerful one to max out at 60fps 1440p+).

I told you the assassin stuff was trash in Black Flag. I only like the pirate stuff. I did the main story just so I could upgrade my ship and do more pirate things.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44702 Posts

The game mechanics evolved between games all up to Black Flag, probably the biggest shake-up happened with Unity. I get the feeling they opted more for the RPG progression probably in attempt to incorporate the online design into the main game but couldn't make major progress developing online environment beyond co-op missions. Worse too is they nerfed the combat. Guns would take multiple shots to kill enemies even with the best ones equipped in Unity.

One of the most impressive things about Unity was the crowd size but the gameplay being nerfed killed the fun when dying meant sitting through long ass load screens. I even remember they took out corner luring and takedowns, that was either Unity or Syndicate but such a bullshit design choice.

Seems they were reacting to people complaining the combat was too easy. They had advanced combat mechanics so much over the years and rather than compensate with new enemies and AI behavior and tactics and mission design, they just nerfed the players instead.

They already played the "return to roots" card with Syndicate by not having online built in. This wasn't a conscious design choice. The game was originally built with co-op in mind, hence the two characters, they just couldn't get it done in time so they scrapped the co-op. The progression system too was built off Unity's direction where it was like a online progression system with overly nerfed weapons and equipment.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46655 Posts

I'm super dooper hyped right now

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3517 Posts

AC is crap since day one. Although I can see how going back to basics can be an improvement for the series.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I got burned out on this series along time ago not sure if I ever could get interested in it again.

Avatar image for marleykilladope
marLeYkiLLaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 marLeYkiLLaDope
Member since 2022 • 37 Posts

yes!

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#25 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Disagree that AC1 was bad. The free running and simple counter based combat was addicting. Repetitive, yes. Absolutely. So you knew exactly what you were doing. Maybe I'm just old, but looking at my map in modern AC games makes me turn the game off.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59402 Posts

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

Looking forward to Ubisoft Forward. I love seeing the memes of games they show.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

When you sit down and think about AssCreed roots, there's nothing else to do but🤢🤮🤮🤮

We're not talking about a quality series that had a sweet beginning, and then turned to shit (Dead Space, Bioshock and Mass Effect are all good examples). No. We're talking about a POS series since 2007, and it was only noticed as much as it did because of the visuals and open world, which was pretty rare back then (and wasn't it also exclusive to the PS3 for some time?). There's no such thing about Black Flag being good. There's no such thing as Brotherhood being THE best. Its all garbage, made by a garbage developer.

Unity was the only game from Ubisoft (not just from their AssCreed series but EVERYTHING made by ubisoft) that tried to push the boundaries, and not just visually, but a bunch of things, such as their crowd, animations, facial expressions, etc. Ever since Unity came out, there hasn't been a single title from Ubisoft that felt like this dev is trying, just like they did back in the 90's and to around mid 2000's.

Really hope Sony isn't stupid to acquire this shit dev.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Back to pressing one button to win. Also, likely to be some live service shit.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7380 Posts

If this means they stop trying to stretch 20 hours of content into an 80 hour game, then great. If they keep trying to make the game morest hugerific than evar, then this won't help.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

No need to go back,just don't make more shite like Valhalla,origins and odyssey are two of the best in the series

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10576 Posts

mirage is the perfect name for yet another smoke and mirrors reinvention of the tiredest formula in gaming history

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7301 Posts

Let's hope so I was burnt out on the open world formula.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58540 Posts

Really want to see a modern or near-future AC game. Time to wrap the series up.

As for this game, hope we get large, instanced levels back. I want to explore detailed cities and towns, I don't need a big bland open world.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23035 Posts

@Heil68: that's the problem with these crazy long AC games. You get to a point where you're like, oooook let's kill the last dude or whatever and wrap this baby up.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3752 Posts

The new ac games are so much better than the past ones.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

After three I never got back into the series.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

Anybody knows if Ubisoft was also in a cocoon, and they're now coming out of it for the upcoming asscreed?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34795 Posts

They're doing away with the RPG style AC, which was beyond awful, and returns to old style AC that's only terrible? Rejoice.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

It's no secret that they use their creativity more in innovating monetization schemes than in actual game development, so I'm looking forward to seeing what more scammy ideas they come up with this time around.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: that's the problem with these crazy long AC games. You get to a point where you're like, oooook let's kill the last dude or whatever and wrap this baby up.

Fair to say I enjoyed Stray more and I haven't finished Valhalla yet.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#42 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I preferred the Witcher-3 clone style AC games to what they were doing before. I didn't finish any of them but I had some good fun Origins and Valhalla at least (Odyssey felt like too much too soon after Origins).

if they 'go back to the roots' I'd hope they revamp the stealth mechanics and make it a proper stealth game. otherwise, not sure i'll be interested.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to disliked AC2. but then later AC games and lot of todays third person movie games are so bad that it makes me appreciate AC2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#44 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59402 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Odyssey was about the series came to being "good".

It's explorative aspect was actually very good. With the typical top teir Ubisoft presentation.

But then it's copy-paste a billion times. With grind designed to exploit the player into buying Ubiwank points. With an RPG tree that quickly just turns into doing the same shit for 50 odd hours with stealth amounting to "crouch in corner".

At the very, very least, it wasn't press X to win. As meh as the combat system is, it had at least a teeny tiny semblance of challenge. Not great, but any means, but it felt like I was actually played a vidya game now and not some shit designed for grandpa to play in the rest home.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9620 Posts

Even more interested in AC now. I already like the games, but going back to the roots is awesome. They are also working on a remaster of the first game, but I'm not so sure I'm interested or not since I already beat the game. It will be nice to take on a decent length game where it follows a story line and you have a set target and more stealth again though.