Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -
Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.Tropicalshower
I will be, that game keeps looking better and better. The last trailer they put out was awesome. I have a feeling it wont score well though, that wouldn't stop me from getting it though :P
#302 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.-Patrick_92-
I will be, that game keeps looking better and better. The last trailer they put out was awesome. I have a feeling it wont score well though, that wouldn't stop me from getting it though :P

I'm guessing it'll score like an 8.0 here and maybe a 9 at IGN.

#303 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.PhazonBlazer

I'm guessing it'll score like an 8.0 here and maybe a 9 at IGN.

I'm guessing 6.5-7.5 here, 8.6 (might as well use the scale if they are :P) on IGN.
#304 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Apparently the game has been leaked, so be wary of spoilers people.

#305 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

-Patrick_92-

Ok I'm staying out of youtube comments until the game launches.

Darn spoilers:evil:

#306 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

spoilers:

At the end of the game a god in the shape of a woman pops out of a mountain and tells Connor the world is going to end :o.

Plus, unexpected twist, Desmond's a templar!

I'm sorry I spoiled the game for everyone, I realize I am an awful person, have a good day :).

#307 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

Seriously if anyone spoils the game they will be tomahawked...in teh faces!:twisted:

#308 Posted by Omega-316 (770 posts) -

-Patrick_92-

How does one get early copies of a game? I want to learn this craft.

#309 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Desmond: I must defeat the Templars. Warren: No Desmond, you are the Templars. And then Desmond was the Templars. :|
#310 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.-Patrick_92-

Yeah, quite impressive what they've done. The whole idea of the game being a propaganda tool from abstergo makes it even better. :D The big question will be, which game to play first. :P ps: have you heard anything of cross-content between AC3 and Liberation?
#311 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

Desmond: I must defeat the Templars. Warren: No Desmond, you are the Templars. And then Desmond was the Templars. :|TheDidact

Waht%20a%20twist.jpg

#312 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.Tropicalshower

Yeah, quite impressive what they've done. The whole idea of the game being a propaganda tool from abstergo makes it even better. :D The big question will be, which game to play first. :P ps: have you heard anything of cross-content between AC3 and Liberation?

I will play AC3 first, and AC3:L every now and then when I'm not playing AC3 lol. I think this is all the cross-content: A multiplayer character unlock for Liberation, a tomahawk for Aveline, and a mission that you can choose to play as Connor instead of Aveline.
#313 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Desmond: I must defeat the Templars. Warren: No Desmond, you are the Templars. And then Desmond was the Templars. :|PhazonBlazer

Waht%20a%20twist.jpg

M. Night Shamalamadingdong :lol:

[spoiler] The Apple of Eden is really a Banana [/spoiler]

#314 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

^

The apple's a banana?

tumblr_m7tqzvn0Ot1qmg4ti.gif

50462ea2afa96f1e190008a6.gif

My life is a lie.

#315 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

^

The apple's a banana?

My life is a lie.

XVision84
SPOILERS!
#316 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

^

The apple's a banana?

My life is a lie.

-Patrick_92-

SPOILERS!

Game ruined. I see no point in buying it now.

#317 Posted by charizard1605 (55556 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

^

The apple's a banana?

My life is a lie.

WTA2k5

SPOILERS!

Game ruined. I see no point in buying it now.

Cancelling my preorder now
#318 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -
I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...
#319 Posted by Giancar (19046 posts) -
I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...Salt_The_Fries
You just played the bad one for the record.
#320 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...Salt_The_Fries

Dude AC2 is much better than the first one. It really revolutionized the formula.

#321 Posted by charizard1605 (55556 posts) -
Then you judging the series is about as bad as me judging the Killzone games based off of just playing the first one.
#322 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...charizard1605
Then you judging the series is about as bad as me judging the Killzone games based off of just playing the first one.

But KZ1 came last gen! :P
#323 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9011 posts) -

Judging AC based off the first one is like judging Uncharted off the first one. Uncharted 1 is crap.

#324 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Judging AC based off the first one is like judging Uncharted off the first one. Uncharted 1 is crap.

AmayaPapaya
I enjoyed it! :(
#325 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

I love Assassin's Creed, and I couldn't even get myself to finish the first one. AC I is horrible, try AC III. It's amazing, and it's really cheap now.

#326 Posted by Sushiglutton (5208 posts) -

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...XVision84

I love Assassin's Creed, and I couldn't even get myself to finish the first one. AC I is horrible, try AC III. It's amazing, and it's really cheap now.

It's not even out yet :P .... But yeah AC2 was a big step up. Also, for a videogame, really unique type of setting, story and hero.
#327 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

I've enjoyed almost every gam in the series, except Brotherhood !

#328 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -
#329 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

You would wish a game flop big time just so you could rub it in the faces of people here? or for what reason? seems like there is no reason for wanting a game to fail. As a gamer you should want a lot of games to succeed, especially one as promising

#330 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...Giancar
You just played the bad one for the record.

The first one isn't even bad, though. It's just repetitive.
#331 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -
#332 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Well, here we are just 1 week away from the biggest release of the year!PhazonBlazer

Dude, Call of Duty doesn't even come out until November. Come on, now.

#333 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
#334 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Well, here we are just 1 week away from the biggest release of the year!

Here's a trailer for the PS3 exclusive missions to celebrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAjvXZt00w&feature=g-all-u

JohnnyCageMK

2 weeks away actually. Halo 4 comes out November 6th.

I wasn't talking about AC3 or Halo 4, I was talking about Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park.

#335 Posted by Obviously_Right (5091 posts) -
#336 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13129 posts) -

so is this game openworld in the same way assasins creed 2 was? Or are they going to segment everything off like how brotherhood did it.

#337 Posted by padaporra (3389 posts) -

so is this game openworld in the same way assasins creed 2 was? Or are they going to segment everything off like how brotherhood did it.

ReadingRainbow4

What is the difference between those two? AC2 had different cities, but Rome in ACB was larger than all of them. But as far as open word goes, they were the same.

#338 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

I'm pretty sure AC3 is more open than any of the other AC games, In AC2 when you leave a city you have to select a city to go to then load it. In AC3 everything is connected through the frontier (I think)

#339 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]I seriously hope this game flops big time. To me, AC is the most overrated series this gen. This and the fact so many lemmings (not x360 owners, just peculiar kind of people) from my previous job loved it made me hate it. I played the first one for the record...Sushiglutton

It's not even out yet :P .... But yeah AC2 was a big step up. Also, for a videogame, really unique type of setting, story and hero.

My bad, I meant to say AC II not AC III :P.

#340 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13129 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Mcspanky37

I'm pretty sure AC3 is more open than any of the other AC games, In AC2 when you leave a city you have to select a city to go to then load it. In AC3 everything is connected through the frontier (I think)

Ac2 you had to travel to the cities the first time if I remember. That's good news, I like when games feel connected.
#341 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

You have an enormous expanse called the Frontier which separates 2 cities: Boston and New York. I'm not sure if the cities are going to be separate loading areas (I'd imagine so), but they said that the Frontier is around 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood combined including the city. So yeah...that's one big game :P. And that's not even including the 2 separate cities.

There's also confirmed fast travel on the fly.

#342 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

XVision84

You have an enormous expanse called the Frontier which separates 2 cities: Boston and New York. I'm not sure if the cities are going to be separate loading areas (I'd imagine so), but they said that the Frontier is around 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood combined including the city. So yeah...that's one big game :P. And that's not even including the 2 separate cities.

Yeah hopefully its way bigger than the others. My main problem with the other AC games was after I finished the story there was no reason to go back. Seems like this one will fix that with stuff like hunting and a much bigger world to explore.

#343 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

JohnnyCageMK

Yeah hopefully its way bigger than the others. My main problem with the other AC games was after I finished the story there was no reason to go back. Seems like this one will fix that with stuff like hunting and a much bigger world to explore.

Usually I just completed side quests and did a lot of free-running and killing. I had the same problem with Red Dead Redemption, it really killed the game for me. The world is so big, but after finished the story and main quests (took me ~20 hours), the world just seemed so empty. I hope that's not the case for AC III (as you already said).

#344 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Usually I just completed side quests and did a lot of free-running and killing. I had the same problem with Red Dead Redemption, it really killed the game for me. The world is so big, but after finished the story and main quests (took me ~20 hours), the world just seemed so empty. I hope that's not the case for AC III (as you already said).

Hog tying people and putting them on the train tracks added atleast a few days of replay value :P

#345 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

Hog tying people and putting them on the train tracks added atleast a few days of replay value :P

Yeah, that never gets old ;).

#346 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13129 posts) -

XVision84

awesome, I wonder if it's going to be desmond again. he's not the greatest character honestly, when he shows up it needs to be alot more exciting, rather than just finding hidden messages with his vision thing.
#347 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Not sure if this was posted or not and I don't feel like going through the thread to see but here are snippets from the soundtrack.

Seems to lack that great ambient music Jesper was so good at that could be looped for hours at a time without getting tiring, but these are just snippets, there are a few that seem decent, so we'll see.

http://world.idolweb.fr/ubisoft-music/lorne-balfe/assassins-creed-3-original-game-soundtrack/3700551741656.html

EDIT: lol listen to "trouble in town" while watching the gif above this post, haha.

#348 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

Not sure if this was posted or not and I don't feel like going through the thread to see but here are snippets from the soundtrack.

Seems to lack that great ambient music Jesper was so good at that could be looped for hours at a time without getting tiring, but these are just snippets, there are a few that seem decent, so we'll see.

http://world.idolweb.fr/ubisoft-music/lorne-balfe/assassins-creed-3-original-game-soundtrack/3700551741656.html

EDIT: lol listen to "trouble in town" while watching the gif above this post, haha.

23Jarek23

Nice find! I really like the main theme.

Maybe the ambient music isn't included on the track.

#349 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

PhazonBlazer

Nice find! I really like the main theme.

Maybe the ambient music isn't included on the track.

Yeah, probably the case since Revelations had 80 songs in total. This is probably just a select portion for the official soundtrack.

#350 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11522 posts) -

Uggghh this is gonna be a long week, with the Chemistry test, the Biology test, and the Biology paper I have to write :(

At least next week I'll be all free to play this game!