Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

It'll score AAA.

Still not interested. But it'll score AAA.

#252 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Does anyone have any impressions from somebody who has actually played the Naval Battles? Those are my biggest concern alongside the QTE Hunting.TheDidact

From what I've read, people seem to be enjoying them. Hopefully they won't be like den defense.

#253 Posted by DoctorWho88 (214 posts) -

Probably an AAA - the graphics, controls, editions, content and thought that's gone into the game gives off that general impression for me. I'm slightly questioning at the prices - but 'ey, that's not the important one. I'm probably more excited at ACIII Liberation's launch - the PS Vita definitely needs this support from a key developer to increase the popularity of what is a deservedly good handheld :)

#254 Posted by charizard1605 (62724 posts) -
Lets have a Multiplayer game night at PUSH after finishing the game, this is day one for me and getting the edition with the figure.TheGuardian03
I'm down, but won't the userbase be fragmented?
#255 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

I've read a bit about the naval battles. Apparently they are pretty good. I think there will be some sort of split regarding them, but most people will like them. I hate QTEs. That's the only thing I don't look forward to with this game. That's probably going to be the constant thing you hear people complaining about if it's too in your face.

And about stealth in the game

4:50 mark

From what I get out of what he said, AC3 is really navigation and combat focused. They didn't want to force people to play stealthily, but they added a lot features so you can play stealthily if you want.

I don't know if that's good or bad. Hopefully you can play most of the game with stealth.

#256 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

I've read a bit about the naval battles. Apparently they are pretty good. I think there will be some sort of split regarding them, but most people will like them. I hate QTEs. That's the only thing I don't look forward to with this game. That's probably going to be the constant thing you hear people complaining about if it's too in your face.

And about stealth in the game

4:50 mark

From what I get out of what he said, AC3 is really navigation and combat focused. They didn't want to force people to play stealthily, but they added a lot features so you can play stealthily if you want.

I don't know if that's good or bad. Hopefully you can play most of the game with stealth.

AmayaPapaya
Well, as long as it doesn't turn into another Den Defense I'm ok with it. QTE Hunting on the other hand.....
#257 Posted by DarkLink77 (31965 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Lets have a Multiplayer game night at PUSH after finishing the game, this is day one for me and getting the edition with the figure.charizard1605

True dat. PUSH is full of cows.
#259 Posted by charizard1605 (62724 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] Me and XV are getting it for PS3, what version are you getting?

Xbox, as always [QUOTE="DarkLink77"] True dat. PUSH is full of cows.

And they call it a sheep union :P
#261 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Lets have a Multiplayer game night at PUSH after finishing the game, this is day one for me and getting the edition with the figure.TheGuardian03

Me and XV are getting it for PS3, what version are you getting?

And I will be getting the PC version which will release at a later date

#262 Posted by DarkLink77 (31965 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"] And they call it a sheep union :P

Pretty sure there's more Cows or Hermits than anything else. But everyone does like Nintendo games.
#263 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] And they call it a sheep union :PDarkLink77
Pretty sure there's more Cows or Hermits than anything else. But everyone does like Nintendo games.

There are more hermits I think, but the sheep are the loudest and most vocal there so it seems like there are more of them :P

#264 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
Is the wiiu getting a collector's edition?
#265 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Is the wiiu getting a collector's edition? Tropicalshower

I haven't really heard anything about the Wii U collector's edtion, but according to this site, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing one.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/09/07/assassins-creed-3-collectors-edition-unboxing.htm

#266 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

9 more days! :D

Anybody getting the PS3 version that's up for some co-op play add me on PSN: X-Vision84.

Just tell me who you are from GameSpot :).

#267 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
TC, you might want to put a countdown in the thread's title.
#268 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

Anybody getting the PS3 version that's up for some co-op play add me on PSN: X-Vision84.

XVision84
Is the co-op gonna be like horde mode or is it a separate campaign? I've heard both.
#269 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

JohnnyCageMK

Is the co-op gonna be like horde mode or is it a separate campaign? I've heard both.

I haven't heard anything about a separate campaign, I believe it's like horde mode.

Although a separate campaign would be awesome.

I'd rather have them focused on the singleplayer campaign though.

#270 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

JohnnyCageMK

It's a combination of Horde and AC multiplayer. You are given specific targets to hunt down per wave and they are guarded. The targets get harder to eliminate the further you progress. There are 25 waves in total.
#271 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

TheDidact

It's a combination of Horde and AC multiplayer. You are given specific targets to hunt down per wave and they are guarded. The targets get harder to eliminate the further you progress. There are 25 waves in total.

That actually sounds like fun. I'm a sucker for horde modes and spent more time playing that in Gears 3 than campaign or competitive. Is it gonna be 4 player co-op?
#272 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

http://oxcgn.com/2012/10/22/what-is-this-assassins-creed-iii-arg-trying-to-tell-us/

Ubisoft just released an Alternate Reality Game on their webpage for Assassin's Creed III:

It all began when the image to the right, entitled Hacked History, appeared as a result of completing a web game promoting AC3.

Desmond is in the rafters of a sporting venue, watching what appears to be either a boxing or wrestling match. A mans face is on the screen, most likely one of the men duking it out.

Seems normal enough right?

The only anomaly and a well hidden one, at that is located in the lower left corner of the fuzzy blue screen: a QR code.

[here's the image he's talking about:http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/assassins-creed-3-arg-oxcgn-1.jpg]

A very kind user then took the image, made it blue in order to point out subtle numbers throughout the image, and made the QR code larger.

[this image can be found here:http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/assassins-creed-3-arg-oxcgn-2.jpg]

With the code now large enough to be scanned, I pulled out my iPhone and loaded up my QR scanner app. (Alternatively, you can get to the site here.)

I was led to a page entitled, once more, Hacked History, asking for me to input a password. My first thought based on the image was Desmond, which turned out to be correct.

Then, we have the current mystery: the following page. After inputting the password, youre given a copy of the Declaration of Independence with the instructions Decipher the Declaration.

As you read this, avid fans are trying to decipher the message of the Declaration, and I can, in fact, confirm that the answer is NOT Nicholas Cage.

oxcgn

Interesting stuff.

#273 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Is the co-op gonna be like horde mode or is it a separate campaign? I've heard both.

That actually sounds like fun. I'm a sucker for horde modes and spent more time playing that in Gears 3 than campaign or competitive. Is it gonna be 4 player co-op?

Yeah it's 4 player co-op.
#274 Posted by the_bi99man (11062 posts) -

King Washington DLC:

This DLC takes place in a fictional time period in which George Washington becomes the king of England.

PhazonBlazer

Question: Is the story of the King George DLC that Washington becomes king of England? I had thought it was an "alternate past" where Washington assumed dictatorial control as the first President, and became "King of America".

#275 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

King Washington DLC:

This DLC takes place in a fictional time period in which George Washington becomes the king of England.

the_bi99man

Question: Is the story of the King George DLC that Washington becomes king of England? I had thought it was an "alternate past" where Washington assumed dictatorial control as the first President, and became "King of America".

Oh yeah, that's probably what it's about :P

I'll update it

#276 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"]Is the wiiu getting a collector's edition? PhazonBlazer

I haven't really heard anything about the Wii U collector's edtion, but according to this site, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing one.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/09/07/assassins-creed-3-collectors-edition-unboxing.htm

That's disappointing, I thought it would launch with all the pre-order bonuses or something.

@xvision: Does this game have co-op? D: I wouldn't mind joining in, but I don't have a mic and that's a big problem for most users... which is why I don't do online gaming too often. :P

#277 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Has an official PC release date been mentioned? or is it still "At a later date"?

#278 Posted by Sushiglutton (5624 posts) -

Has an official PC release date been mentioned? or is it still "At a later date"?

seanmcloughlin
Novemeber 23 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-iii-pc-release-date Can't wait for it :)!!!
#279 Posted by jg4xchamp (51453 posts) -
I think I'm just gonna gamefly it.
#280 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

Someone should make an Assassins Creed Liberation hype thread.

#281 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

AAA. Revelations was by far the weakest.

But this just looks incredible.

#282 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
Where is everybody pre-ordering at? I'm thinking about pre-ordering at Gamestop tomorrow when I pick up Forza but I'm not sure what bonuses the other stores have. Does Gamestop still give out the steelbooks?
#283 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -

Animal-Mother
Really, I'd say that tittle belongs to the first one. How it got so many good reviews is beyond me. :P
#284 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Tropicalshower
Really, I'd say that tittle belongs to the first one. How it got so many good reviews is beyond me. :P

Ya I agree. AC1 is pretty weak. I think it got a lot of good reviews because it was something we kinda had never seen before. You get that initial "WOW" punch and it wears off after a bit of time.
#285 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Tropicalshower

Ya I agree. AC1 is pretty weak. I think it got a lot of good reviews because it was something we kinda had never seen before. You get that initial "WOW" punch and it wears off after a bit of time.
#286 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
Where is everybody pre-ordering at? I'm thinking about pre-ordering at Gamestop tomorrow when I pick up Forza but I'm not sure what bonuses the other stores have. Does Gamestop still give out the steelbooks?JohnnyCageMK
no unfortunately they stopped giving out steel books as they were a limited supply thing. Umm I know gamestop has a sawtooth blade sword and an extra myan temple in the game or something.
#287 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Sushiglutton

Novemeber 23 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-iii-pc-release-date Can't wait for it :)!!!

Nice thanks. Almost a month later though? damn that's a long time to wait

#288 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Where is everybody pre-ordering at? I'm thinking about pre-ordering at Gamestop tomorrow when I pick up Forza but I'm not sure what bonuses the other stores have. Does Gamestop still give out the steelbooks?JohnnyCageMK

I don't know, I remember them advertising the steelbooks when the preorder campaign first began but I'm not sure if they still do.

#289 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

I don't know, I remember them advertising the steelbooks when the preorder campaign first began but I'm not sure if they still do.

#290 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

So true, AC2 was the first one that left me wanting more. This might be the first AC game that I don't get the Collector's edition. :(
#291 Posted by charizard1605 (62724 posts) -
If I preordered it last week, do I get the Steelbook?
#292 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

If I preordered it last week, do I get the Steelbook?charizard1605

I haven't seen the steelbook as a preorder bonus on gamestop's website so I'm not sure.

#293 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Anyway, 9 more days!

#294 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.
#295 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Tropicalshower"] Really, I'd say that tittle belongs to the first one. How it got so many good reviews is beyond me. :P

So true, AC2 was the first one that left me wanting more. This might be the first AC game that I don't get the Collector's edition. :(

it's the first AC game where I AM getting the CE. I love my statues and sh!t.
#296 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
If I preordered it last week, do I get the Steelbook?charizard1605
you got the steel book when it's release date was first announced. I got the steelbook back in june I think....
#297 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Is anyone else picking up AC3: Liberation? I'm quite excited with what I've seen so far.Tropicalshower

If I ever get a Vita, it'll probably be the first game I pickup.

#298 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Tropicalshower"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Ya I agree. AC1 is pretty weak. I think it got a lot of good reviews because it was something we kinda had never seen before. You get that initial "WOW" punch and it wears off after a bit of time.

Did you skip the Ezio statue in AC2 Masters Edition?
#299 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tropicalshower"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Tropicalshower"] So true, AC2 was the first one that left me wanting more. This might be the first AC game that I don't get the Collector's edition. :(

Did you skip the Ezio statue in AC2 Masters Edition?

Ya I did. I didn't have space for the stuff at the time because I didn't wanna clutter my room even more. Eventually I cleaned it out and started buying CE's that normally come with figures. I mean I have AC3 reserved Alien colonial marines reserved just reserved bioshock infinite.
#300 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Glad I don't have class until 2 next Tuesday, and I won't have and tests next week.