Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

12-Assassins-Creed-3.jpg

Assassins Creed 3 HYPE Thread

Assassin's Creed 3 is the third main entry in the popular Assassin's Creed franchise. This entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise takes place during the American Revolution, a major turning point in the way governments and their people interacted with each other. The game features a new Assassin named Connor, or Ratonhnhake:ton in his native language. Connor is half European and half Native American giving him a direct link into the conflict taking place in the American Colonies. It is unknown as to how Connor becomes an Assassin, but Connor has always fought for justice and fought against the tyrannies in the world. Connor also possesses a strong commitment to his people and seeks to do his best to assist his people while fighting for the greater good.

Assassins-creed-iii-screenshot.jpg

Connor's journey to fight the Templars takes him from Boston, to New York, to the frontiers of North America. Connor's heritage gives him access to many Native American tools and abillities such as a tomahawk and quickly climbing through the trees of the frontier to go from place to place.

Along the journey, Connor meets historical figures including: George Washington, Sam Adams, Benedict Arnold, King George III, and Ben Franklin. Connor participates in many of the major historical events and battles that took place during the revolution such as The Boston Massacre and the Battle of Bunker Hill.

2278584-Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Washing

Throughout Assassin's Creed III, you will also return to Desmond in 2012 and his quest to unravel the mysteries of the past and continue the fight on the templars. Desmond's tale picks up as Desmond prepares the enter the Great Temple and discover the origins of the First Civilization.

Are you ready to join Connor and fight tyranny in his quest to bring justice to a land in turmoil.

IGNITE THE REVOLUTION!

assassins-creed-3-trailer.jpg

Features

-A 30+ Hour Campaign featuring sidequests and extra missions

-Battle on the high seas as you command a ship in Naval Combat

-Fully explorable frontier with all new tree climbing navigation

-Anvil-Next engine designed to add tons of new animations and next-gen like graphics

- Return to the popular multiplayer modes introduced in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, with new modes including the co-op killing mode Wolf Pack in which you and your friends can assassinate AI controlled enemies.

Special Editions

AC3_LELG.jpg

Limited Edition ($119.99)

Assassins-Creed-3-Join-or-Die-Edition-57

Join or Die Edition (52.97 Euros)

asscreed3.jpg

Ubiworkshop Edtion ($99.99)

DLC

Assassin's Creed 3 features a Season Pass which will provide a discount on all of the DLC released over the next year or so.

aciiidlckinggeorgewashingtonjpg-441d2d_6

King Washington DLC:

This DLC takes place in an alternate history in which George Washington, after leading the Americans to victory, assumes control as King of America and becomes a dictator.

Countdown

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20121029T235959&p0=263&msg=Assassin%27s+Creed+III+Release

Reviews

8.5 Merristation Magazine

8.5 Gamespot

8.5 IGN

3.5/5 Joystic

#2 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

Videos

E3 2012 Cinematic Trailer-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUhraVG7Ow

E3 2012 Frontier Gameplay-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ

Boston Demo-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgh5WiMbBM

Naval Gameplay-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBL-g9-Ss4

Inside Assassin's Creed III Part 1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELBUumQFNw

IGN's Making of Assassin's Creed III Part 1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEqI97-HaU

More Images

xl_Assassins-Creed-3-Fort-Assassination-

Assassins-Creed-3-screenshot-06..jpg

assassins_creed_3_oxcgn_screenshot-4_lar

Multiplayer

Multipayer returns to the Assassin's Creed franchise and it's better than ever. It includes new modes such as domination, where you take control of plots of land to score points, and wolf-pack which tasks 2-4 players with assassinating targets cooperatively. The multiplayer mode includes new characters including:

Carpenter

Commander

Huntsman

Independent

Lady Maverick

Mountebank

Night Stalker

Pioneer

Preacher

Redcoat

Robber

Shadow

Sharpshooter

7564571386_0d284bca82.jpg

Assassins-Creed-3-Multiplayer-2-Small.jp

xl_Assassins-Creed-3-multiplayer-kill-62

Wii U Version

Assassin's Creed 3 on the Wii U marks the first appearence of the Assassin's Creed franchise on a Nintendo home console. Assassin's Creed 3 utilizes the Wii U's gamepad through features including a detailed in-game map on the gamepad and touch screen controls. The touch screen controls include weapon swapping and easy access to Connor's inventory.

The Wii U version will release on November 18 when the Wii U launches

Assassins-Creed-3-Wii-U-2.jpg

Assassins Creed 3: Liberation

160054brp.jpg

The game is set between 1765 and 1780, and primarily features Aveline de Grandpré, a female African-French Assassin around the end of the French and Indian War, in 18th Century New Orleans. It focuses on the unique features of the Vita including the back touchscreen and the front touchscreen. This is the first full Assassin's Creed experience on a handheld device. With a fully explorable city and surrounding swamp this aims to be on of the best on Vita.

Cross-platform Gaming

When you link your Assassin's Creed Liberation game with your Assassin's Creed III on the PS3, you unlock goodies for both games including character skins, Connor's Tomahawk for Liberation, an exclusive multiplayer character, and upgrades to ammo pouches.

aclscreenshot02tcm1953980jpg-f21d6d_640w

game-acl-carousel-01tcm1951361jpg-286472

newuploads201205318f44faddc32cc1674724fc

#3 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

AAA all the way

#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
AA
#5 Posted by TilxWLOC (1163 posts) -

Amazing series, look forward to this one as I have done with others, even if I can't play it. I'm thinking it'll get AA. Such good games, and this is turning out to improve on that.

#6 Posted by jg4xchamp (52002 posts) -
I don't get how that puff daddy song makes sense in commercials. I mean the song is fine by itself, but I don't understand how it's good commercial music for an action game where you slaughter a lot of british people.
#8 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -

Game is gonna be so good. I kinda lost interest in the series since the two spinoffs, but I'm hyped for this one. I'll go with AAA.

#9 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

AAA

9/10

#10 Posted by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

AAA, 9.0

#11 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
I don't get how that puff daddy song makes sense in commercials. I mean the song is fine by itself, but I don't understand how it's good commercial music for an action game where you slaughter a lot of british people. jg4xchamp
They obviously meant to use It's All About The Benjamins.
#12 Posted by funsohng (28995 posts) -
I even loved AC1 and Revelations. This will be awesome.
#13 Posted by TheEroica (14676 posts) -
You know where this guy stands... AAA all the way.. ill say 9.5 on this one. Masterpiece.
#14 Posted by silversix_ (16892 posts) -
I expect no less than 9.5 but its a game i'm completely ignoring cuz i can't stand AC's boring gameplay
#16 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

Either an 8.5 or a 9.

Game will be amazing.

#17 Posted by Sushiglutton (5713 posts) -
Game looks fantastic and from what I have seen they have done more than enough improvements/additions to make the game a worthy sequel. The fully climbable forest I find particulary impressive and I think is something never been done before (at least not anywhere near this quality). I see no reason why this game couldn't be of RDR quality (9.5). My guess it's still a 9 though. I think it, despite the new stuff, will suffer from being to similar to the earlier games.
#18 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26752 posts) -

gonna get 8.5'd.

Also my Revolution won't start till WiiU comes out. lol

#19 Posted by locopatho (21562 posts) -
AAA, 9.5 , GOTY perhaps :cool:

gonna get 8.5'd.

LegatoSkyheart
The revolution is old Batman games? :P
#20 Posted by Sushiglutton (5713 posts) -

gonna get 8.5'd.

LegatoSkyheart

Then you will be two days ahead of me on PC :(

#21 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

9/10

#22 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -
9.5. I'm not sure if I should get on the PS3 or just wait for the Wii U version.
#23 Posted by TheOtherTheoG (2287 posts) -

8.5 because, say, minor framerate drops, or something really small and meaningless like that.

#24 Posted by immortality20 (8050 posts) -

Can't see it getting below a 9. I think this game is serious contender for GOTY, going to be awesome!

#26 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
5-6 rating on Gamespot. 8-9 everywhere else.
#27 Posted by Heil68 (48762 posts) -
AA is what I'm guessing.
#28 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

AAA, it may have a chance at AAAA, but a game of that size is bound to have some technical glitches.

#29 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
I have this gut feeling that the game is going to be better than I expect. AAA, can't wait.
#30 Posted by padaporra (3464 posts) -

Looks pretty good, but I have some smalls doubts still. But hype AAA.
A shame the PC version will come much later.

#31 Posted by Sushiglutton (5713 posts) -

Looks pretty good, but I have some smalls doubts still. But hype AAA.
A shame the PC version will come much later.

padaporra
Three weeks later is not that bad. I think we will survive that ;)!
#32 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I voted AAA; I might get it on the Wii U. The only Assassin's Creed game I played was the first one and I didn't like it but many users said that the 2nd was better then the first so I'm skipping the 2nd and the spin-offs and just going to the 3rd Assassin's Creed title.

#33 Posted by themajormayor (24552 posts) -
Gonna suck so hard
#34 Posted by charizard1605 (63094 posts) -
AAA is assured. It might have a legitimate shot at AAAA. I have never seen a game this ambitious that actually seems to get everything it is trying to do right. Well, from whatever they have shown us, at any rate.
#35 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I am so excieted for this game, I love the setting and it looks to be on a whole new engine (I hope it is). I am hyping this game a 9 at the least.

Can't wait to see Washington, Madison, Daniel Boone etc....I hope the combat is harder this time around though.

#36 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2332 posts) -

Those collector's editions sure look nice. Voted AA just to be safe.

#37 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

New DLC that focuses on George Washington if he were the King of England

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (63094 posts) -
Reiterating it for a new day: if ever there was a game with a shot at AAAA, this game was it.
#39 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

I'm so excited for this. FOX News will spin the story in due time though.

As an American I have no problem with this DLC, I just think this is a cool concept. I think most sane people wouldn't have a problem with a fictional alternate history story in an already alternate history game, but it's still bound to get a lot of misinformed attention on the news.

#40 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

-Patrick_92-

I'm so excited for this. FOX News will spin the story in due time though. As an American I have no problem with this DLC, I just think this is a cool concept.

This game promotes terrorism!

#41 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

I'm so excited for this. FOX News will spin the story in due time though. As an American I have no problem with this DLC, I just think this is a cool concept.

This game promotes terrorism!

Damn didn't edit in time :P But yes, I can see it now: "Video Game Encourages Terrorism" "New video game, Assassin's Creed 3, suggests that Washington was an enemy of the United States." "Find out more at 10:00"
#42 Posted by flashn00b (3198 posts) -

Gonna get a 9.0 because bribes.

If you ask me, it seems as if Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft's solution to Activision's Call of Duty franchise.

#43 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

The Season Pass will be $29.99 and will allow you to get a 25% discount on DLC and allows you to get DLC earlier.

#44 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -

If anyone's interested I played it at Eurogamer, seemed quite good (I'm not really an AC fan).

Graphics and animation were quite nice and naval warfare was pretty different.

#45 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

If anyone's interested I played it at Eurogamer, seemed quite good (I'm not really an AC fan).

kraken2109

So did you enjoy the Naval combat and were the controls pretty good for naval combat?

#46 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

PhazonBlazer

So did you enjoy the Naval combat and were the controls pretty good for naval combat?

I only played naval for about 5-10 mins but it seemed to control alright.
#47 Posted by finalstar2007 (26286 posts) -

Day 1!

dont give sh*t what score it gets

#48 Posted by Big_Pecks (5690 posts) -

Probably a 9.

#49 Posted by BrunoBRS (73435 posts) -
decided to drop by to say that the DLC they just announced is actually a really cool concept. i can see the game getting a 9. here's hope it removes the sour taste left by revelations.
#50 Posted by Blabadon (29228 posts) -
Shame Gamerwillz's sh!t thread has more posts than this thread. Here's some info on the George Washington campaign. www.gamespot.com/news/aciii-dlc-includes-tyrannical-george-washington-campaign-6397607