Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

even though i always prefer 1 disc over having 2, no big deal

#252 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (780 posts) -
Even if it came with 25 discs, I still wouldn't buy it for ps3. It's a multiplat for fuk sake. You're just setting yourself up for failure.
#253 Posted by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Yes DVD is outdated now. But that's not the only reason why the 360 version is inferior, it's also not getting the over an hours worth of extra content like the PS3 version. This means the people that buy the 360 version are not getting the full game, that's not very fair IMO.

In terms of performance and graphics, they will be identical so this is not that big of a deal really. But having your games on one disc is more conveinant and the fact that the 360 still needs mulitple discs in 2012 is a sign of it getting outdated.

I recommend the PS3 version because of the extra content and one disc is more convienant.

ShadowMoses900

the extra content will probably be useless filler missions and not anything vital to the actual game.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless the PS3 version gives you more for your money, if you have $60 and two products are identical but one gives you extra stuff, then why would any logical person turn it down? You should get the most for your money.

Lems made the same excuse you are using when Joker was on Batman Arkham Asylum. We all know how that turned out.

lol i dont even remember the joker part of the batman game, it wasn't important to the game and i didnt enjoy the game any less. itll be the same for this AC3 dlc. there is no way ubisoft would screw over pc and 360 gamers and leave out important content
#254 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] the extra content will probably be useless filler missions and not anything vital to the actual game.mems_1224

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless the PS3 version gives you more for your money, if you have $60 and two products are identical but one gives you extra stuff, then why would any logical person turn it down? You should get the most for your money.

Lems made the same excuse you are using when Joker was on Batman Arkham Asylum. We all know how that turned out.

lol i dont even remember the joker part of the batman game, it wasn't important to the game and i didnt enjoy the game any less. itll be the same for this AC3 dlc. there is no way ubisoft would screw over pc and 360 gamers and leave out important content

it let you play as the joker in the challenge maps. not terribly compelling. now if they added some joker content to the single player game, that would be a different story.

#255 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] the extra content will probably be useless filler missions and not anything vital to the actual game.mems_1224

It was a free download, you go to PS Store and you can download Joker Challenge Rooms. He is pretty fun but also harder, he cannot zip line to anything because he does not have one, and he has X Ray vision but you cannot move while using it. It was fun still though and it wasn't fair to 360 owners.

I didn't say they were screwing 360 owners, AC3 will be great on all systems. Just it's not fair that 360 owners don't get the full game.

#256 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Cool story calves, so anyway how's your sex life?

#257 Posted by sts106mat (19021 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

It was a free download, you go to PS Store and you can download Joker Challenge Rooms. He is pretty fun but also harder, he cannot zip line to anything because he does not have one, and he has X Ray vision but you cannot move while using it. It was fun still though and it wasn't fair to 360 owners.

I didn't say they were screwing 360 owners, AC3 will be great on all systems. Just it's not fair that 360 owners don't get the full game.

its likely just a couple of extra missions. Assassins creed is a great series but the missions are all so forgettable its ridiculous, hell even brotherhood had some missing which they released as dlc. I doubt anyone will be bothered about a few missing missions. itd bother me if it was multiplayer maps perhaps.
#258 Posted by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

CaseyWegner

it let you play as the joker in the challenge maps. not terribly compelling. now if they added some joker content to the single player game, that would be a different story.

:lol: thats it? :lol:
#259 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
Oh the horror... How will lems cope? When I was playing GT5 and wanted to play Infamous I had to *suspense drums* ... Swap the disc! It's hardly killer and they already it's like a one time swap and apparently "It's not even that" so I'm guessing maybe they implemented a way to preload the data to the HDD and just have a short freeze while it loads the data from the preload. Possibly I don't know.
#260 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

Lems, stop the denial and look at the facts. :lol:

GamerwillzPS

So you need to purchase an accessory in order to fully play lots of games? That's ironic.

Prepare to get owned.

:cool:

Oh the horror! Let's your denial begin... or you can go and make some charts... to help yourself to sleep better tonight, son. :P

I have a 250 GB hard drive.

Explain to me how this "owns" me.

"Bu bu arcade! :cry:"

A $10 16GB flash drive will easily remedy that situation.

And seriously, one game on the 360 that requires an installation versus...how many more that don't? I fail to see how this is an issue.

#261 Posted by sts106mat (19021 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]So you need to purchase an accessory in order to fully play lots of games? That's ironic.The_Game21x

Prepare to get owned.

Oh the horror! Let's your denial begin... or you can go and make some charts... to help yourself to sleep better tonight, son. :P

And seriously, one game on the 360 that requires an installation versus...how many more that don't? I fail to see how this is an issue.

"prepare to get owned". That guy is one of the most unintentionally funny dudes on system wars
#262 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

I was gonna get it for the PS3 anyway but damn, I hate multiple discs. Much prefer mandatory installs even if it takes longer.

#263 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Prepare to get owned.

sts106mat

"prepare to get owned". That guy is one of the most unintentionally funny dudes on system wars

They say the best comedy is born from tragedy :P

#264 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] lol i dont even remember the joker part of the batman game, it wasn't important to the game and i didnt enjoy the game any less. itll be the same for this AC3 dlc. there is no way ubisoft would screw over pc and 360 gamers and leave out important content mems_1224

:lol: thats it? :lol:

that's it.

#265 Posted by cainetao11 (16867 posts) -

Ok.

I dont understand.What is wrong with 2 disks?It only takes 20 secs to walk up to your xbox and change disks

free_milk
this argument from cows is from the same faction that claims to have a more mature community, yet they complain about disc swaps?
#266 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

LOL pathetic, and PS3 gets extra content, superior version confirmed

#267 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]So you need to purchase an accessory in order to fully play lots of games? That's ironic.RR360DD

Prepare to get owned.

Waoh, so 7 years into its lifecycle, and the 360 finally gets a game with a mandatory install. I'd say if anything, this is good timing. Just proves that Blu Ray wasn't needed this gen, and that only now, on the verge of next gen consoles being released, is more storage becoming necessary. The next Xbox will have blu-ray. Problem solved.

:lol:

This thread backfired at you! My OP proved it already...

#268 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Prepare to get owned.

GamerwillzPS

Waoh, so 7 years into its lifecycle, and the 360 finally gets a game with a mandatory install. I'd say if anything, this is good timing. Just proves that Blu Ray wasn't needed this gen, and that only now, on the verge of next gen consoles being released, is more storage becoming necessary. The next Xbox will have blu-ray. Problem solved.

Explain why blu ray can't handle Dawnguard.
#269 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Prepare to get owned.

GamerwillzPS

the original post that assumed disc swapping during the game was needed? how does your original post prove anything? the fact that the game works with multiple disks proves that blu ray isn't needed.

#270 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

i can't sleep after hearing this terrible news.

Cheleman

would a bedtime story make it better?:D

As long as it's not the one about the nice man under the bed:?

#271 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16673 posts) -

OH GOD GET OBAMA ON THE PHONE 360 VERSION IS INSTA- SH!T.

The whole argument against two discs is just stupid. If you are too lazy to get off your fat ass for 10 seconds to swap a disk then it's time you go out and exercise.

#272 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Gamerwillz, do you have a problem with basic exercise or is Sony giving you a lot of bricks just to troll the S*** out of system wars?

#273 Posted by tormentos (17094 posts) -

that many times? :?

CaseyWegner

Apparently xbox 360 games are not split at the whole middle,like it use to be the case in other CD games back on the day,this games were been made and when the developer start to compress it get confronted with 6GB more of data that can't be fit on the DVD,so they make another disc,the problem is that you play until one part where the game will ask for the second disc,but when you advance on the second disc,the console ask you to insert the other again..

Depending on how you play the game can ask for as much as 10 disc switch,and as low as 2.

#274 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

Gamerwillz, do you have a problem with basic exercise or is Sony giving you a lot of bricks just to troll the S*** out of system wars?

sonic1564
Nah he's just insecure and needs to continuously justify his purchase.
#275 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

TheDidact

Nah he's just insecure and needs to continuously justify his purchase.

Well that makes sense too. Well that sucks I thought I'm not the only one getting bricks just by trolling. I get bricks from EA just by bashing MW3.

#276 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

sonic1564
cows are fat basement dwellers,this thread proves it... what's so hard to change a disc that is two steps away from you...
#277 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

This is only a problem for fanboys who don't even have a 360. Honestly, it doesn't matter, and Ubisoft specified that it won't get in the way of the experience at all. It's not a halfway disc change or anything like that.

#279 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

This is only a problem for fanboys who don't even have a 360. Honestly, it doesn't matter, and Ubisoft specified that it won't get in the way of the experience at all. It's not a halfway disc change or anything like that.

XVision84
hell it never bothered me back in the psx days..hell i wonder how many cows cared about this issue when playing FF games...
#280 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.free_milk
MGS4 installs only take 5mins.

Ya mean 4:50 seconds longer than it takes to switch a disk?
#281 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="free_milk"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.TheEroica
MGS4 installs only take 5mins.

But you get to make sammiches and watch Old Snake smoke.
#282 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7262 posts) -

Guess this proves why the PS3 version is better also it has the exclusive content 360 doesn't have.

#283 Posted by Dark_Knight6 (16619 posts) -

How has this seriously gotten more than a page of discourse? Who actually cares? Like, what in the actual f*ck, guys? Is there anyone sad enough to really take issue with this? Like, honestly? Oh no, you have to change the disc one time in the middle of the game.

#284 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="free_milk"] MGS4 installs only take 5mins.

But you get to make sammiches and watch Old Snake smoke.

Hahaha....
#285 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7200 posts) -

Why are two discs such a problem? As long as it doesn't cost more than other version, it shouldn't matter.

#286 Posted by coasterguy65 (5875 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

tormentos

Apparently xbox 360 games are not split at the whole middle,like it use to be the case in other CD games back on the day,this games were been made and when the developer start to compress it get confronted with 6GB more of data that can't be fit on the DVD,so they make another disc,the problem is that you play until one part where the game will ask for the second disc,but when you advance on the second disc,the console ask you to insert the other again..

Depending on how you play the game can ask for as much as 10 disc switch,and as low as 2.

Holy Crap !!! What game are you playing that requires 10 disc swaps? Hell ME3 is the worst I've seen, and it's really maybe 4-5 swaps at the most. Depending on what class you play and what order you fight the missions in.

#287 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

coasterguy65

Holy Crap !!! What game are you playing that requires 10 disc swaps? Hell ME3 is the worst I've seen, and it's really maybe 4-5 swaps at the most. Depending on what class you play and what order you fight the missions in.

I reaaaaaally hope his statement was hyperbole :|

#288 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (718 posts) -

TLHBFR

360 is just a DVD player that looks like a tampon and get RROD.

#289 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -
Best on wiiu confirmed!
#290 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7565 posts) -
So, are cows going to play through the campaign only thinking how awesome it is to play the game on one disc? I don't see how I'm going to enjoy the game any less. AC3 can't come soon enough!
#291 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -
Best on wiiu confirmed!Meeeper282
Wii U version is missing lighting/particle effects, so uuhhhh no
#292 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
no problem, maybe lemmings can borrow a ps3 from a friend and play this game on a single disc like the rest of us
#293 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

Why are two discs such a problem? As long as it doesn't cost more than other version, it shouldn't matter.

YearoftheSnake5
It costs more in terms of time. Time=money.
#294 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

JohnnyCageMK

Explain why blu ray can't handle Dawnguard.

Its not bluray problem, it's the PS3 problem, and Dawnguard is a DLC dumbass.
#295 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

themajormayor

It costs more in terms of time. Time=money.

Who's time does it cost?

#296 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -
It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.JohnnyCageMK
Bull$hit. My installs - if mandatory - take at maximum 3 minutes, which is enough time for me to take a piss before coming back. Easy.
#297 Posted by tormentos (17094 posts) -

coasterguy65

As much as 10,but some poster on GA claim as much as 12. It depends on how you play,there are even guides on how to play the game with just 2 swaps,which is a joke because you would not be playing the game like you want to,and would be playing like some one else want to. http://xbox.about.com/od/cheatsfaqs/a/Play-Mass-Effect-3-With-Only-2-Disc-Swaps.htm

#298 Posted by tormentos (17094 posts) -
>I reaaaaaally hope his statement was hyperbole :|AdobeArtist
http://xbox.about.com/od/cheatsfaqs/a/Play-Mass-Effect-3-With-Only-2-Disc-Swaps.htm No is not sadly,Mass Effect 2 also have a screw disc swapping.
#299 Posted by sts106mat (19021 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]>I reaaaaaally hope his statement was hyperbole :|tormentos
http://xbox.about.com/od/cheatsfaqs/a/Play-Mass-Effect-3-With-Only-2-Disc-Swaps.htm No is not sadly,Mass Effect 2 also have a screw disc swapping.

depends how you do it, if you do the N7 missions you can end up swapping the discs multiple times, but its possible to only do it 2 times, it is the worst implementation of multiple discs on the 360 though.

do you like my new sig?

#300 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -
I like it!