Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#201 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Just came back from being out all day and found this thread ended up in 10 pages. :lol:

Yep, lems are on to something... Always trying to defend their inferior console.

GamerwillzPS

Still trying to justify that PS3 purchase I see.

Don't worry, you'll find a reason someday. :wink:

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Does it matter? This is old...the next gen starts soon. Get over it.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#203 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.JohnnyCageMK
Agree.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

AdobeArtist

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time? :roll:

Even with DVD, swapping discs>>>mandatory installs. I like my limited hard drive space for my console to be used for what I want, not for huge GB worth of installs for games that get played once.

What are you talking about? Stand alone Blu Ray players were already on the market in 2005. It's only the PS3 that launched a year later.

yes but those were 1x drives. Not fast enough to run games with decent load times. Even the faster ps3 bluray drive is too slow. So your logic am fail.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts
Swapping disc is such a turn off here and now, you know... 2012:lol::P Talk about next gen consoles huh :lol: MS needs one... And Fast:P
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.DeadMan1290
Agree.

To a degree...most installs on PS3 take less than 10 minutes unless it's an MMO (DC Universe). Only one thats above that length of time I can think of is DMC4...and that was nearly a launch game.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

why is it a problem?

tormentos

So is not on your eyes having to switch disc on Mass Effect 3 as much as 10 times.?

that many times? :?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time? :roll:

Even with DVD, swapping discs>>>mandatory installs. I like my limited hard drive space for my console to be used for what I want, not for huge GB worth of installs for games that get played once.

Phazevariance

What are you talking about? Stand alone Blu Ray players were already on the market in 2005. It's only the PS3 that launched a year later.

yes but those were 1x drives. Not fast enough to run games with decent load times. Even the faster ps3 bluray drive is too slow. So your logic am fail.

Of course slow drive speed is the reason HDD installs are required to aid running the game. But the point was, plagueless is saying X360 couldn't have used BR because that technology "didn't exist at time of 360's launch" Which is completely false.

That said, DVD is the better choice this generation because faster drives means that while HDD installs are an option, aren't actually required (and we're not dealing with level instalations midway either), where the space limitations of DVD are easily remedied with an extra disc. And as stated, disc swapping takes significantly less time than mandatory installs.

faster drive speed >> extra storage space

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

Of course slow drive speed is the reason HDD installs are required to aid running the game. But the point was, plagueless is saying X360 couldn't have used BR because that technology "didn't exist at time of 360's launch" Which is completely false.

That said, DVD is the better choice this generation because faster drives means that while HDD installs are an option, aren't actually required (and we're not dealing with level instalations midway either), where the space limitations are easily remedied with an extra disc. And as stated, disc swapping takes significantly less time than mandatory installs.

did you get my PM, adobe?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#210 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

Yeah, but no one made a big fuss out of it for M$ in USA to actually acknowlegde the problems, it took a watchdog from a small population of 16 million people to actually get things done. I'm sure the xbox slim has fixed that problem mostly, but that video is still accurate. If you own a old 360, that miracilously hasn't RROD yet (I believe Jasper and Falcon models), it scratches discs while being STATIONARY. This myth of a xbox not scratching discs has to go. For starters,

I can't even believe a consumer would buy a product that DESTROYS a $60 investment when it slightly moves or shocks. The slims even have a warning-sticker ffs. That aside, I can't even believe the apologists saying it's okay if you don't move it. A product should not destroy your discs AT ALL.

And my PS2 games still work fine, they have small scratches...but this only is a testament to how easily it could go wrong with DVD(9).

DrTrafalgarLaw

Because it was a minor issue that occurred on an ad-hoc basis. The RROD issue was far more severe at the time, and that warranted precedent among any other concerns. Remember, we're talking about launch systems here in that video and at the time of the video--each launch system having varying DVD drives from I believe it was three manufacturers. The DVD drive was the least of the worries. I never had any issues with this with my launch Xbox 360's drive all the way till 2010 before I switched to the new Xbox 360 S. All my disks are in superb condition besides my original Call of Duty 2 disk which the inner ring broke after wear because of the shoddy disk-case system. Luckily, Microsoft replaced that disk of mine with the GOTY version.

Every product has limitations, I wouldn't game on my consoles consistently on the carpet, or in an enclosed environment because that would--in affect--eventually destroy the systems. In all honesty, you are grasping here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#211 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Multiple discs, that takes me back.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"] yes but those were 1x drives. Not fast enough to run games with decent load times. Even the faster ps3 bluray drive is too slow. So your logic am fail.CaseyWegner

That said, DVD is the better choice this generation because faster drives means that while HDD installs are an option, aren't actually required (and we're not dealing with level instalations midway either), where the space limitations are easily remedied with an extra disc. And as stated, disc swapping takes significantly less time than mandatory installs.

which one? just resend it to me.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
why is this a big deal again? oh yea, cows are so desperate to "win" at something they have to grasp at any straw they can
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Had a read through this thread and I have to say that lems' responses are hilarious! "Bu bu bu bu but you cows have mandatory installs!111!!!11"

Think about the PC. The PS3 does something similar to PC - install the games in the hard drive and then that's it, never have to worry about disc swapping again. On the 360, you'll swap the discs ALL THE TIME. PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

Lems, stop the denial and look at the facts. :lol:

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

which one? just resend it to me.

done. thanks.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

GamerwillzPS
So you need to purchase an accessory in order to fully play lots of games? That's ironic.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Had a read through this thread and I have to say that lems' responses are hilarious! "Bu bu bu bu but you cows have mandatory installs!111!!!11"

Think about the PC. The PS3 does something similar to PC - install the games in the hard drive and then that's it, never have to worry about disc swapping again. On the 360, you'll swap the discs ALL THE TIME. PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

GamerwillzPS
your whole point was destroyed by the very article you posted, the article itself states that there will be no disk changing during the actual game 'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."' So if it's not even a one time disc swap halfway through the game there is no disk swaaping within the game itself, i suggest you look at Resident evil 6, the second disk is only required if you don't understand english, andd you obviously have no reading comprehension, people where talking about the time issue with mandatory installs not the space issue, it takes longer for a mandatory install than it does to change a disk= FACT, and you can fully install your games to the 360 just like the PC which is far more similar to the PC than mandatory installs,lol
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 CaseyWegner

GamerwillzPS

how about from somebody who's not a lemming? you ask "what's the big deal about mandatory installs" but honestly what's the big deal about disc swapping? it takes next to no time at all and it's not like you have to do it in the middle of a boss fight. it's usually at an appropriate time.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

Stevo_the_gamer

So you need to purchase an accessory in order to fully play lots of games? That's ironic.

Prepare to get owned.

:cool:

Oh the horror! Let's your denial begin... or you can go and make some charts... to help yourself to sleep better tonight, son. :P

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#220 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

GamerwillzPS

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time?:roll:

Talking about ignorance... Read what AdobeArtist said.

Actually the Xbox 360 released November 2005, the first commercially available Blu-ray drive released in June 2006. Although there were prototypes around since 2003. Microsoft probably could have included one if they really wanted to spend the money on an unproven technology. I doubt it was worth the risk to them. Sony only included the player in the PS3 because they were pushing their own format.

I do think that MS should have put a Blu-ray drive in the 360S when it came out though. They should have pulled a Wii-U. Beefed the 360 up a little, added blu-ray, and wireless networking, and changed the SKU. That being said DVD was hardly a mistake. It allowed the 360 to launch cheaper, and stay cheaper for most of the generation. Other than a few games recently one DVD has been more than enough for most of this generation. A generation that I'm sure no one expected to last this damn long. Also swapping a disc once during a game is really no big deal, well except to PS3 fanboys that is.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

That said, DVD is the better choice this generation because faster drives means that while HDD installs are an option, aren't actually required (and we're not dealing with level instalations midway either), where the space limitations of DVD are easily remedied with an extra disc. And as stated, disc swapping takes significantly less time than mandatory installs.

faster drive speed >> extra storage space

actually when 360 was in R&D no bluray didnt exist in the consumer market which is the time when they would have put it in during its R&D.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

GamerwillzPS

Prepare to get owned.

Oh the horror! Let's your denial begin... or you can go and make some charts... to help yourself to sleep better tonight, son. :P

That was quite the sidestep. That wasn't even in the ballpark of a retort, you're barely in the parking lot across town.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

CaseyWegner

how about from somebody who's not a lemming? you ask "what's the big deal about mandatory installs" but honestly what's the big deal about disc swapping? it takes next to no time at all and it's not like you have to do it in the middle of a boss fight. it's usually at an appropriate time.

It is painfully annoying, from my recent experiences with redeeming golden keys on Borderlands 2.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#224 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Changing discs is too hard.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#225 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

I like disc swapping. It makes me feel like I'm in for something special. But that's partially due to them Squaresoft RPGs years back.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#226 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Just sucks for the producer because he has to sale the game at the same $59 whether it's one disc or three. He has to pay for the extra discs.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

As someone who will be buying his copy on PS3 anyway, this is so stupid to act like this is ownage. It's just a minor inconvenience, not a big deal.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Always found it funny that people now complain about having 2 discs. You can tell those are the people that started gaming this gen and thus, are not important. :3 On an unrelated note, as a PC gamer, It has been a looooooooong time since I even needed ONE disc. So I guess PC wins?
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

I own 150+ PC games that came on zero discs.

PS3 and 360 owners am cry!

Ly_the_Fairy

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
yet is probably going to run and look better on 360 n thats going to make you butthurt.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#231 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Yes DVD is outdated now. But that's not the only reason why the 360 version is inferior, it's also not getting the over an hours worth of extra content like the PS3 version. This means the people that buy the 360 version are not getting the full game, that's not very fair IMO.

In terms of performance and graphics, they will be identical so this is not that big of a deal really. But having your games on one disc is more conveinant and the fact that the 360 still needs mulitple discs in 2012 is a sign of it getting outdated.

I recommend the PS3 version because of the extra content and one disc is more convienant.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes DVD is outdated now. But that's not the only reason why the 360 version is inferior, it's also not getting the over an hours worth of extra content like the PS3 version. This means the people that buy the 360 version are not getting the full game, that's not very fair IMO.

In terms of performance and graphics, they will be identical so this is not that big of a deal really. But having your games on one disc is more conveinant and the fact that the 360 still needs mulitple discs in 2012 is a sign of it getting outdated.

I recommend the PS3 version because of the extra content and one disc is more convienant.

ShadowMoses900

As as multiplats,amiright?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

ShadowMoses900
the extra content will probably be useless filler missions and not anything vital to the actual game.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Tessellation
ohh because changing a disc takes so much effort.. keeps proving my theory..basement dwellers n fat asses :lol:
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
it's so sad this is so common nowadays, real shame.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 CaseyWegner

ShadowMoses900

mean, old sony?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]PS3 even have upgradeable hard drive which allows you to take up to 2TB, so what's the big deal with all your "mandatory installs" garbage?

GamerwillzPS

Prepare to get owned.

Waoh, so 7 years into its lifecycle, and the 360 finally gets a game with a mandatory install. I'd say if anything, this is good timing. Just proves that Blu Ray wasn't needed this gen, and that only now, on the verge of next gen consoles being released, is more storage becoming necessary. The next Xbox will have blu-ray. Problem solved.

ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts

2 disks

as opposed to hours of installation of disk, downloads and updates.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

ShadowMoses900

"the fact that the 360 still needs mulitple discs in 2012 is a sign of it getting outdated."

Huh? You're wording is way off. What do you mean still? And whats 2012 got to do with it? Because no doubt there'll be a game down the line that requires more than 1 Blu Ray.

Multiple discs is not an issue, its just cows being stupid. The DVD has coped perfectly fine this gen, and the next xbox will have blu ray (when its actually needed) so no problem there.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

mems_1224

the extra content will probably be useless filler missions and not anything vital to the actual game.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless the PS3 version gives you more for your money, if you have $60 and two products are identical but one gives you extra stuff, then why would any logical person turn it down? You should get the most for your money.

Lems made the same excuse you are using when Joker was on Batman Arkham Asylum. We all know how that turned out.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

CaseyWegner

mean, old sony?

It is not right that they stop extra content from being on the 360. Perhaps this is due to DVD being outdated and they can't fit the extra content on the disc, but the least they could do is give them a code they could download to get the extra content.

I don't think it's right Sony does that.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

mean, old sony?

It is not right that they stop extra content from being on the 360. Perhaps this is due to DVD being outdated and they can't fit the extra content on the disc, but the least they could do is give them a code they could download to get the extra content.

considering it's already on two discs, storage isn't the issue. sony probably just made a deal.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Tessellation
bonus content that is going to get ignored and yet the xbox 360 version is going to sell more :lol:
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

mean, old sony?

CaseyWegner

considering it's already on two discs, storage isn't the issue. sony probably just made a deal.

The way I see it, if it's the same game then just give everyone the same content. They pay full price for it, if the 360 version isn't going to get the content then they should lower the price of the 360 version. It makes sense.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

And im going to have none for PC woohooo!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless the PS3 version gives you more for your money, if you have $60 and two products are identical but one gives you extra stuff, then why would any logical person turn it down? You should get the most for your money.

Lems made the same excuse you are using when Joker was on Batman Arkham Asylum. We all know how that turned out.

But they are paying for 2 dvds,it's all good.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ShadowMoses900

bonus content that is going to get ignored and yet the xbox 360 version is going to sell more :lol:Tessellation

Ignored? I'm going to buy the game and play the extra content. So will every PS3 owner. I don't see your point.

And what does having more sales matter? How does that affect you? Here is your logic: "Oh PS3 guys get bonus stuff at no additional cost, but my copy will sell more so my version is better because it sells a little better".

Sales do not affect your enjoyment of game or not. This is terrible damage control, even for you.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]bonus content that is going to get ignored and yet the xbox 360 version is going to sell more :lol:ShadowMoses900

Ignored? I'm going to buy the game and play the extra content. So will every PS3 owner. I don't see your point.

And what does having more sales matter? How does that affect you? Here is your logic: "Oh PS3 guys get bonus stuff at no additional cost, but my copy will sell more so my version is better because it sells a little better".

Sales do not affect your enjoyment of game or not. This is terrible damage control, even for you.

So you personally know every PS3 owners? How do you know they will even touch the extra content?
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#249 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Just came back from being out all day and found this thread ended up in 10 pages. :lol:

Yep, lems are on to something...Always trying to defend their inferior console.

GamerwillzPS

Mmm so inferior to the PS3 infact that it can't even play the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim and barely skyrim itself.........oh wait. But as i've already pointed out that's just those darn 'lazy devs' again right? At least AC3 is being released on the 360 without a delay. Because its a relatively easy issue to get around.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

The way I see it, if it's the same game then just give everyone the same content. They pay full price for it, if the 360 version isn't going to get the content then they should lower the price of the 360 version. It makes sense.

definitely but that might seem like less of an incentive to get the ps3 version if you're a mutliplat owner. extra content has historically been nothing spectacular.