Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] It would take 5 times longer though :lol:

With PSN, I can download a close to 1.3 MB/s...which is just fine by me. Steam has a higher speed cap but it can also be hampered by the "The Steam servers are too busy at the time, try again later" error.

Damn, I wish mine would be that fast :(, took me forever to download my inFamous 2. My PC normally outspeed my PS3 by a huge margin, no idea why.

Well yeah, folks in the U.S.A. always jump on PSN being slow...but the whole goddamn infrastructure of internet in the USA is the culprit. I used to dowload on with a speed of 3.3 MB/s on Steam, till I got a slower and cheaper internet provider. It's still ok though.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#152 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.

Console doesn't scratch disks unless someone is a dumbass and moves the console while the disk is spinning; secondly, if people would take care of their disks then whether or not they're easily scratchable is moot. My disks are still in quite superb condition.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] It would take 5 times longer though :lol:

With PSN, I can download a close to 1.3 MB/s...which is just fine by me. Steam has a higher speed cap but it can also be hampered by the "The Steam servers are too busy at the time, try again later" error.

I've never noticed a cap using Steam. I used to download at 7mb/s before I finished at uni.

Well the Steam cap is your own cap offcourse.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#156 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Don't see how this is an issue really.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.Stevo_the_gamer
Console doesn't scratch disks unless someone is a dumbass and moves the console while the disk is spinning; secondly, if people would take care of their disks then whether or not they're easily scratchable is moot. My disks are still in quite superb condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSNmpXdIfQ

Several stationary xbox360's scratching discs in a test performed by a dutch consumer watchdog. This watchdog actually got Microsoft to replace RROD's for free, because consumer watchdogs ineurope would sue the sh*t out of Microsoft, unlike the p*ssy-ass consumers in USA.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] With PSN, I can download a close to 1.3 MB/s...which is just fine by me. Steam has a higher speed cap but it can also be hampered by the "The Steam servers are too busy at the time, try again later" error.

Damn, I wish mine would be that fast :(, took me forever to download my inFamous 2. My PC normally outspeed my PS3 by a huge margin, no idea why.

Well yeah, folks in the U.S.A. always jump on PSN being slow...but the whole goddamn infrastructure of internet in the USA is the culprit. I used to dowload on with a speed of 3.3 MB/s on Steam, till I got a slower and cheaper internet provider. It's still ok though.

Not in USA though, Australia is even worst :P
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

GamerwillzPS
Truly. So out of hand, lol
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

GamerwillzPS

why is it a mistake?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#161 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You want to say blu-ray is inferior to DVD's? Anyone that can do math will say blu-ray is better, and the fact that the coating on a blu-ray is much more resilient to scratching seals the deal.DrTrafalgarLaw
*Blu-ray in PS3* has proven to be (on a number of occasions) quite inferior thanks the poor hardware powering it, and the slow-reading time. On other rare cases, it has been shown to be quite capable at giving the DVD a run for its money and then some thanks to its large storage capacity allowing for additional content (free games), or higher quality audio and more languages. ;D

Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.

And if you don't...you know...move your console while it's playing a game, the discs don't get scratched. I've owned a 360 since January of 2006 and I've never had one of my discs scratched by the console.

To that same end, I've never once scratched a game to the point of it being unreadable either and most of the game discs in my posession that weren't bought used are in pristine condition, even after dozens of hours of playing time. Maybe you just need to get better at handling your games properly. :?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Don't see how this is an issue really.

timmy00
system wars
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.

Agreed. I went loopy when my friend returned my Saints Row disc with a scratch in it. He bought me a new one.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Giancar"]Meh, 2 discs are nothing Now, if you had to swap discs every time you get into an area That would be something to be angry forDrTrafalgarLaw

Total swap disc time combined still <<< than waiting for mandatory install :cool:

It takes you out of the immersion, on PS3...you install it once and be done with it...on 360, as a 360 owner you'd need to move that fat ass out of the crater of what was once called a couch or bed, strain a few hamstrings and a few gluteus muscles along the way to your console due to the sudden increase in weight that needs to be supported, strain your biceps while opening the CD case, possibily injure yourself with cuts while grabbing the DVD, put it in your console and break your couch or bed that you fall back on due to the immense overweight body again. All in the while of being lifted out the immersion of the game. When you're done huffing and wheezing and got renergized by a 40z Coke bottle and some energy bars, press X to continue.

With PS3: Install and play away, you can keep the disc in there forever and finish the game without moving a inch from your position, being immersed in the game the whole time. It's not even know if mandatory installs are re uired.

thats the point though, according to the article there is no mid game swapping of disks in AC3 'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."' So it's not even a single disc change halfway through what would you say it is? Clue; RE6 comes on two disks but you don't have to swap the discs in game OR swap the discs to access multiplayer
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#165 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Several stationary xbox360's scratching discs in a test performed by a dutch consumer watchdog. This watchdog actually got Microsoft to replace RROD's for free, because consumer watchdogs ineurope would sue the sh*t out of Microsoft, unlike the p*ssy-ass consumers in USA.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Interesting video. Extremely outdated, and a failure to take into account the many variations of DVD drives in the Xbox 360 rather hurts its credibility considerably now.

Secondly, you're a complete dumbass if you think Americans aren't sue-happy. :lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Total swap disc time combined still <<< than waiting for mandatory install :cool:delta3074

It takes you out of the immersion, on PS3...you install it once and be done with it...on 360, as a 360 owner you'd need to move that fat ass out of the crater of what was once called a couch or bed, strain a few hamstrings and a few gluteus muscles along the way to your console due to the sudden increase in weight that needs to be supported, strain your biceps while opening the CD case, possibily injure yourself with cuts while grabbing the DVD, put it in your console and break your couch or bed that you fall back on due to the immense overweight body again. All in the while of being lifted out the immersion of the game. When you're done huffing and wheezing and got renergized by a 40z Coke bottle and some energy bars, press X to continue.

With PS3: Install and play away, you can keep the disc in there forever and finish the game without moving a inch from your position, being immersed in the game the whole time. It's not even know if mandatory installs are re uired.

thats the point though, according to the article there is no mid game swapping of disks in AC3 'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."' So it's not even a single disc change halfway through what would you say it is? Clue; RE6 comes on two disks but you don't have to swap the discs in game OR swap the discs to access multiplayer

So we looking at a Forza like system where they have extra content on the second disc that you one time install before you start playing?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 delta3074

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Well then, that's not the format's fault but the blu-ray reader's fault in the PS3. I kept my old PS2 games as good condition as possible but it still has scratches, can't believe lemmings are coping with a format that can easily get scratched and with a console that actually scratches discs.DrTrafalgarLaw

it's a danger with any console that uses a tray loading CAV drive, it's not a problem unique to the 360, Ps2 had the same problem if you bumped or moved the console as well,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] It takes you out of the immersion, on PS3...you install it once and be done with it...on 360, as a 360 owner you'd need to move that fat ass out of the crater of what was once called a couch or bed, strain a few hamstrings and a few gluteus muscles along the way to your console due to the sudden increase in weight that needs to be supported, strain your biceps while opening the CD case, possibily injure yourself with cuts while grabbing the DVD, put it in your console and break your couch or bed that you fall back on due to the immense overweight body again. All in the while of being lifted out the immersion of the game. When you're done huffing and wheezing and got renergized by a 40z Coke bottle and some energy bars, press X to continue.

With PS3: Install and play away, you can keep the disc in there forever and finish the game without moving a inch from your position, being immersed in the game the whole time. It's not even know if mandatory installs are re uired.clyde46

So we looking at a Forza like system where they have extra content on the second disc that you one time install before you start playing?

Thes econd disk for resident evil 6 is juat non-english voice overs for the game, if you are French, Spanish, German or italian you have to install the 2nd disc to your HDD if you understand english it's a useless disk quite frankly.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

Several stationary xbox360's scratching discs in a test performed by a dutch consumer watchdog. This watchdog actually got Microsoft to replace RROD's for free, because consumer watchdogs in europe would sue the sh*t out of Microsoft, unlike the p*ssy-ass consumers in USA.

Stevo_the_gamer

Interesting video. Extremely outdated, and a failure to take into account the many variations of DVD drives in the Xbox 360 rather hurts its credibility considerably now.

Secondly, you're a complete dumbass if you think Americans aren't sue-happy. :lol:

Yeah, but no one made a big fuss out of it for M$ in USA to actually acknowlegde the problems, it took a watchdog from a small population of 16 million people to actually get things done. I'm sure the xbox slim has fixed that problem mostly, but that video is still accurate. If you own a old 360, that miracilously hasn't RROD yet (I believe Jasper and Falcon models), it scratches discs while being STATIONARY. This myth of a xbox not scratching discs has to go. For starters,

I can't even believe a consumer would buy a product that DESTROYS a $60 investment when it slightly moves or shocks. The slims even have a warning-sticker ffs. That aside, I can't even believe the apologists saying it's okay if you don't move it. A product should not destroy your discs AT ALL.

And my PS2 games still work fine, they have small scratches...but this only is a testament to how easily it could go wrong with DVD(9).

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

lol diskswapping, reminds me of the old Amiga days :D

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Console doesn't scratch disks unless someone is a dumbass and moves the console while the disk is spinning; secondly, if people would take care of their disks then whether or not they're easily scratchable is moot. My disks are still in quite superb condition.delta3074

it's a danger with any console that uses a tray loading CAV drive, it's not a problem unique to the 360, Ps2 had the same problem if you bumped or moved the console as well,lol

Yet it took Microsoft 4-5 years to acknowledge that. Their first mistake was using non-cushioned disc lasers, their second one is upfront lying to their customers about it not scratching discs. Their third one was making a revision that could still scratch discs. You know, fool me once...shame on you...fool me twice...

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 DrTrafalgarLaw

lol diskswapping, reminds me of the old Amiga days :D

tenaka2

I'd take a Amiga over a 360 any day. :cool:

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSNmpXdIfQ

DrTrafalgarLaw

Yet it took Microsoft 4-5 years to acknowledge that. Their first mistake was using non-cushioned disc lasers, their second one is upfront lying to their customers about it not scratching discs. Their third one was making a revision that could still scratch discs. You know, fool me once...shame on you...fool me twice...

i can honestly say i have not had one scratched disk across 4 different xbox 360's.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#174 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
end of the world :(
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="delta3074"]thats the point though, according to the article there is no mid game swapping of disks in AC3 'Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."' So it's not even a single disc change halfway through what would you say it is? Clue; RE6 comes on two disks but you don't have to swap the discs in game OR swap the discs to access multiplayerdelta3074

Thes econd disk for resident evil 6 is juat non-english voice overs for the game, if you are French, Spanish, German or italian you have to install the 2nd disc to your HDD if you understand english it's a useless disk quite frankly.

So, as usual in SW...

rman4481l.jpg:P

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]it's a danger with any console that uses a tray loading CAV drive, it's not a problem unique to the 360, Ps2 had the same problem if you bumped or moved the console as well,loldelta3074

i can honestly say i have not had one scratched disk across 4 different xbox 360's.

I believe you, but not everyone is that lucky. Go to your local GameStop or other videogame rental, they have a whole section of scratched or unusable 360 discs.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

oh wow such an inconvenience....:roll:

Still MGS4 wins in being an inconvieniece tbh i would rather have multiple disks than multiple installs.

/inb4 im a lemming cause i disagree.

razgriz_101

The only difference is that MGS4 is just one game,and the only one that work on that horrible way as well.

There are multiple 360 games with this problem and it will continue.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tormentos

i can honestly say i have not had one scratched disk across 4 different xbox 360's.delta3074

4 different xbox.?

Wow and they pretend like RROD and resells have not blown up the xbox 360 user base.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

oh wow such an inconvenience....:roll:

Still MGS4 wins in being an inconvieniece tbh i would rather have multiple disks than multiple installs.

/inb4 im a lemming cause i disagree.

tormentos

The only difference is that MGS4 is just one game,and the only one that work on that horrible way as well.

There are multiple 360 games with this problem and it will continue.

why is it a problem?

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I believe the PS3 version has exclusive content as well.Superior version comfirmed.Probably be the same with Far Cry 3.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

Really? This tired topic? Nine pages?

edit: just tipped it to 10

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#183 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Wow, that must mean the Xbox 360 version is inferior. Seriously, I don't care and I play Final Fantasy XIII on the 360.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Oh noes 2 discs, the horror !

Cow awakens from 4 year Coma and spots something for the first time .

TLHBO !!!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#185 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
AC3 is almost a PS3 exclusive. Coming late to PC/Wii-U and the X360 version is apparently almost unplayable. So yeah GOTY ps3 exclusive ones more!
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

After exclusive unplayable versions of GTA4 , RDR , Skyrim and Bayonetta they probably are entitled to it !

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

In all honest a new xbox should have been put out a year ago so this shouldn't even have been an issue

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tormentos

why is it a problem?

CaseyWegner

So is not on your eyes having to switch disc on Mass Effect 3 as much as 10 times.?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 AdobeArtist
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Swapping a disc takes all of... 3 seconds!! How long are those mandatory installs again? ;)

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"]i can honestly say i have not had one scratched disk across 4 different xbox 360's.tormentos

4 different xbox.?

Wow and they pretend like RROD and resells have not blown up the xbox 360 user base.

i have never bought a replacement 360 and RROD replacements Have never been counted as a sale, try harder dude
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 delta3074

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

why is it a problem?

tormentos

So is not on your eyes having to switch disc on Mass Effect 3 as much as 10 times.?

you don't have to switch the disk 10 times on ME3,it's about 3-4 times the entire game, 2-3 swaps in the first couple of hours and then a swap back to disk one at the end of the game, actually play the game on 360 before makeing false baseless comments dude
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#192 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Swapping a disc takes all of... 3 seconds!! How long are those mandatory installs again? ;)

AdobeArtist
It's perfect while making dinner. I barely have time to slice up a salmon and a couple of shrimps, much less form the rice and voila it is done. However having to swap disks jumping from tree branch to tree branch completely disrupts the flow of the parkour system.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#193 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

A one time disc swap never bothers me. It's when you have to go back and forth between discs like the idiots at Bioware did on ME3, and to a lesser extent ME2.

I'll gladly take a one time disc swap over a 20 minute install followed by a 10 minute update on the PS3. I'm not sure if AC3 is having a mandatory install or not though.

BTW whatever happened to the hour of bonus gameplay for AC3 that the PS3 fanboys were on here bragging about a month or so ago? Is it still happening or what?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AdobeArtist

[QUOTE="delta3074"]i can honestly say i have not had one scratched disk across 4 different xbox 360's.tormentos

4 different xbox.?

More like you (and others) pretend the warranty doesn't exist and far more gamers did NOT have to spend any money to fix or replace their unit.

Way to use logic there :P

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts

AdobeArtist
I love the mandatory installs. It gives you time to get the rope ready so you can hang yourself for buying the failstation 3.
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

Link.

GamerwillzPS

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time? :roll:

Even with DVD, swapping discs>>>mandatory installs. I like my limited hard drive space for my console to be used for what I want, not for huge GB worth of installs for games that get played once.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 AdobeArtist

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Link.

Plagueless

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time? :roll:

Even with DVD, swapping discs>>>mandatory installs. I like my limited hard drive space for my console to be used for what I want, not for huge GB worth of installs for games that get played once.

What are you talking about? Stand alone Blu Ray players were already on the market in 2005. It's only the PS3 that launched a year later.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Just came back from being out all day and found this thread ended up in 10 pages. :lol:

Yep, lems are on to something... Always trying to defend their inferior console.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 AdobeArtist

Just came back from being out all day and found this thread ended up in 10 pages. :lol:

Yep, lems are on to something... Always trying to defend their inferior console.

GamerwillzPS

You can't seem to handle actual facts refuting your flawed claims :P

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Link.

Plagueless

How was MS supposed to put something in their console that didn't exist at the time?:roll:

Talking about ignorance... Read what AdobeArtist said.