Assassin's Creed 3 coming on two discs on X360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Link.

I've argued with Lems saying the reason that DVD was a big mistake from Microsoft and they refused. Now look at this! :lol:

It's getting out of hand now.

#2 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

two discs of ownage.

#3 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

oh wow such an inconvenience....:roll:

Still MGS4 wins in being an inconvieniece tbh i would rather have multiple disks than multiple installs.

/inb4 im a lemming cause i disagree.

#4 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I own 150+ PC games that came on zero discs.

PS3 and 360 owners am cry!

#5 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -
good, two discs, more artwork win.
#6 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.
#7 Posted by funsohng (27881 posts) -

Still MGS4 wins in being an inconvieniece tbh i would rather have multiple disks than multiple installs.

razgriz_101
This. 5 discs is better than having to install for every Act. Did they patch the game with full install?
#8 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

I own 150+ PC games that came on zero discs.

PS3 and 360 owners am cry!

Ly_the_Fairy

i can't hold it in any longer... :cry:

#9 Posted by GoneRabbid (152 posts) -

Have fun with mandatory installs:P

#10 Posted by MK-Professor (3825 posts) -

two discs > one disc :o

#11 Posted by soulitane (13547 posts) -
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

funsohng
This. 5 discs is better than having to install for every Act. Did they patch the game with full install?

They did as far as I know. On topic: Yet if I get the game I'll still probably get it on 360, funny that.
#12 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Also something Ubisoft forgot to mention is the hour of extra content for PS3 are load screens.
#13 Posted by charizard1605 (57656 posts) -
Good. That tells me this game is massive.
#14 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

razgriz_101

well no... but they patched it so there isnt multiple installs anymore ;)

#15 Posted by soulitane (13547 posts) -
Good. That tells me this game is massive.charizard1605
Not entirely, Dead space 2 was multiple discs and as far as I know it didn't really have more than what most games offer :P
#16 Posted by GreySeal9 (24253 posts) -

razgriz_101

^This.

#17 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

campzor

well no... but they patched it so there isnt multiple installs anymore ;)

yeah right... next you're going to tell me they added trophies as well.

#18 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

Ok.

I dont understand.What is wrong with 2 disks?It only takes 20 secs to walk up to your xbox and change disks

#19 Posted by GreySeal9 (24253 posts) -

It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.JohnnyCageMK

I'm not sure it even takes that long. I recently playing the 4-disc Final Fantasy IX and the disc swaps probably took about 5 seconds tops.

#20 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -
It takes all of 10 seconds to swap a disc. It takes hours for mandatory installs to play PS3 games. Cows are just showing how desperate they are for anything to claim ownage over in a year where PS3 has zero quality exclusives.JohnnyCageMK
MGS4 installs only take 5mins.
#21 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Wow this is terrible news.

Why would they do this? Why didn't Microsoft implement Blu-Ray? Did they even think of all the obese gamers who can't actually get up and put another disc in half way? So selfish. SDC etc....

In all seriousness, yeah I'd rather not have 2 discs, but it's nothing some to lose sleep over.

#22 Posted by Cheleman (7674 posts) -

:lol:

#23 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

MGS4 installs only take 5mins.free_milk
i think the point is that over the course of a year, the number of times a 360 game causes you to lose gaming time because of needing to swap a disc is miniscule, compared the amount of time potential time lost doing mandatory installs .

both are such first world minor inconvenieces to be embarrasing lol. just listening to the radio about shops in Iran having to stay closed today because their currency is dropping so sharply, they literally have no idea what price to sell their stuff at.

#24 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

i can't sleep after hearing this terrible news.

#25 Posted by Cheleman (7674 posts) -

platniumgamer

would a bedtime story make it better?:D

#26 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26700 posts) -
Meh, it didn't bug me in the GameCube era. It doesn't bug me now.
#27 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
Good. That tells me this game is massive.charizard1605
What if it's 12gb of dancing trolls? ._.
#28 Posted by freedomfreak (40562 posts) -
Boohoo.
#29 Posted by Wiimotefan (4077 posts) -

Man that is terrible. Changing a disc once throughout the playthrough of a game? Deal breaker imo.

#30 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Cheleman

it doesn't hurt to try...

#31 Posted by Bigboi500 (29889 posts) -

It's totally not a big deal, but why are some of you guys saying you'll still get the 360 version when the PS3 version has exclusive content and is more convenient being on just one disc?

#32 Posted by hippiesanta (9859 posts) -
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

funsohng

they did .... in case u are outdated
#33 Posted by charizard1605 (57656 posts) -

It's totally not a big deal, but why are some of you guys saying you'll still get the 360 version when the PS3 version has exclusive content and is more convenient being on just one disc?

Bigboi500
Because I don't have access to a PS3 right now, and while hunting one down on campus for a major exclusive like God of War or The Last of Us is justifiable, I can't be arsed to go hunting for one when I can play it on the Xbox I have in my room.
#34 Posted by hippiesanta (9859 posts) -

two discs of ownage.

platniumgamer
after several swap ....... DVD scratch...lol
#35 Posted by Cheleman (7674 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

platniumgamer

it doesn't hurt to try...

thats the spirit!:)

#36 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

two discs of ownage.

hippiesanta
after several swap ....... DVD scratch...lol

only if you are a total idiot
#37 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (550 posts) -

Two discs of ownageplatniumgamer

lol

Also something Ubisoft forgot to mention is the hour of extra content for PS3 are load screens.JohnnyCageMK

also lols

razgriz_101

no inconvenience to me either, i remember mgs4's installs vividly - memories of frustration, but i'm lem and proud (although i may become a sheep with the launch of the wii u please don't tell MS)

Ok.

I dont understand.What is wrong with 2 disks?It only takes 20 secs to walk up to your xbox and change disks

free_milk

20s? I take about the same as a pit stop in Formula One.

Really it's not a big deal. I like standing up anyway

lol, check it out - Windows 95 OSR 2.1 came on 26 floppy disks.

Windows95.png

#38 Posted by GoneRabbid (152 posts) -

Bigboi500

Anythng is better then booting up the PS3 with a crap tastic interface and mandatory updates system updates and game patches then having to sync your game for trophics

Its a night n day difference the 360 gets all the little things right with none of the annoying little PS3 hiccups

#39 Posted by KingsofQueens (2216 posts) -

Also something Ubisoft forgot to mention is the hour of extra content for PS3 are load screens.JohnnyCageMK

Now you're pathetically getting desperate :lol:

#40 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
If the 360 version of a game gets cancelled or ended up being really mediocre because of the DVD then it would make sense to say that MS made a big mistake with sticking with the DVD format but so far that hasn't happened yet so :lol: @ their milky tears.
#41 Posted by Khoo1992 (2460 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

funsohng

Heard it is patched along with trophies...

#42 Posted by themajormayor (25791 posts) -
Garbage game
#43 Posted by Khoo1992 (2460 posts) -

Looks like, you are running out of things to bash PS3:|

#44 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Khoo1992

still comes down to long ass install or quick and painless diskswap...unless your obese and need a forklift to get out of bed.

#45 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

Garbage gamethemajormayor

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV_tqjZL9ygbZUWZsLB9O

#46 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Disc swapping? Lol, EWWWWWW!

Hey Microsoft I didn't know this was 2005!

#47 Posted by Bigboi500 (29889 posts) -

[QUOTE="Khoo1992"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] This. 5 discs is better than having to install for every Act. Did they patch the game with full install?razgriz_101

still comes down to long ass install or quick and painless diskswap...unless your obese and need a forklift to get out of bed.

You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

#48 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Khoo1992"]

Bigboi500

You can't be serious... what's funny is 99% of you guys complaining about mandatory installs will voluntarily install the game on the 360 anyways. :roll:

It's funny because the joke is that the games can still be played without the installations where as PS3 games don't even give you an option. :)
#49 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
:lol: move to west side of town *please insert disc labeled disc 2* dont plan on going back either :lol:
#50 Posted by ArisShadows (22634 posts) -
Cool, I guess have Disc 1 and Disc 2 when I play it..