Assassins Creed 2014 Game Unofficially Confirmed. Surprised?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ms555 (2660 posts) -
http://kotaku.com/5953750/ubisoft-is-fast+tracking-the-assassins-creed-movie-that-you-may-or-may-not-have-wanted?tag=assassins-creed Assassins creed is a huge, and heck very good, franchise. Obviously we knew the franchise was too important for ubisoft to simply stop with desmond's finale this halloween. Ubisoft has plans, big plans. MAYBE u heard the possibiltiy of an AC movie with Michael Fassbender. Looks like its definitely gonna happen, since ubisoft already has agreements settled and a date for the movie! 2014. Now if ubisoft was gonna perhaps make another ac game, when would be the best time to release? You guessed it, have the game launch with the movie. And thats exactly what ubisoft is planning. In the link ive provided, ubisoft states both the AC game and movie should be coming together in 2014 So heres some questions. Are u surprised, happy? Do you think we may get an ac game in 2013 as well? And do you think the 2014 game could be more Connor?
#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16027 posts) -

They should make a movie tie-in game

Assassin's Creed: The Game: The Movie: The Game

#3 Posted by Sushiglutton (5171 posts) -
They have said that they will may make one more Connor game if people like the character (aka buy the game). Given the massive marketing and the American flag waving, I think they are 99% sure that will happen. Also it takes more than a year to make each game, so they have allready started. And finally they have made a new engine for AC3 and I doubt they want that work go to waste, which it will as soon as next gen launches. So yeah I think there will be a Connor game released next year.
#4 Posted by Burnt_Brains (197 posts) -

They're really beginning to milk that series. But I guess it could be worse.

#5 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
2014 game confimed before 2013 game??? Welcome to the age of stupidity
#6 Posted by Desmonic (12622 posts) -

R4gn4r0k
:lol: Nice hehe :P
#7 Posted by Obviously_Right (5085 posts) -

Series is even more milked than COD.

#8 Posted by GarGx1 (2381 posts) -

Not surprised they're going to make more AC games but it should be something away from the Desmond trilogy, this is supposed to be ending this year and is allegedly based around to the end of the world on 21/12/12, so that would mean no Connor, Ezio or Altair. Really can't say though I haven't played 3 yet.

#9 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11372 posts) -

It would be good if they didn't do an Assassin's Creed game next year and instead focused on a next gen Assassin's Creed game.

#10 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (780 posts) -
Death, taxes, call of duty, assassins creed.....all guaranteed.
#11 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2094 posts) -

Of course, it's Ubisoft's Call of Duty. I'll probably buy it though because I'm such a big fan!

#12 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

It would be good if they didn't do an Assassin's Creed game next year and instead focused on a next gen Assassin's Creed game.

PhazonBlazer
Agreed. When you release a game every year you eventually get a dud like Revelations.
#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38148 posts) -

2 years after ACIII will be fine I think

After all Revelations came out last year and brotherhood the year before that and ACIII this year so it makes sense

#14 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
There are hundreds of other time/place settings they could use for games. They are going to milk this cash cow dry.
#15 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

As long as they keep being fun, and set in interesting time periods, I'm all for it.

#16 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
Who's to say the 2014 release isn't a next gen tittle.
#17 Posted by padaporra (3359 posts) -

There is no reason to criticize AC yearly releases. Brotherhood was the best game in the franchise and things started to get stale with Revelation they will release AC3.
If some pepole just want to hate.

#18 Posted by ms555 (2660 posts) -
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Tropicalshower
Who's to say the 2014 release isn't a next gen tittle.

I think it most definitely is..... Its pretty much 99% expected ps4 and xbox3 are getting revealed next summer, right? By 2014, the hardcore market is going to have all its attention on new consoles, no way will ac be on old systems im thinking. Now like someone said, just cus there is def a game for 2014 doesnt rule out also a connor game for like next year. Given the way ubisoft has been handeling the franchise, i think its safe to say this franchise is gonna stay with annual releases as long as it can.
#19 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -
AC is one series I don't mind being milked, yet. It's focused on single player, the story and gameplay are engaging enough through-out the milkage for me to have a reasonably good time. I'll probably get bored of the series some day, but for now parkour-filled action genre is more exciting than generic FPS.
#20 Posted by mems_1224 (45713 posts) -
cool. its a good franchise
#21 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -
Didn't they say they were going to wait and see if fans actually like Conor? Im confused, I wonder will this be a proper sequel or another brotherhood.
#22 Posted by ms555 (2660 posts) -
Didn't they say they were going to wait and see if fans actually like Conor? Im confused, I wonder will this be a proper sequel or another brotherhood.RR360DD
Really i think what ur assuming is that they first decide they wanna do an idea, THEN they plan when to release it. But for games that are annual, like ac now is, im sure its the other way around. They already plan to release a new game every year... THEN they see what ideas they can use to make it happen. They know they are gonna make more ac games before they even know who or what is involved in those games
#23 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3670 posts) -
I would like to see a huge shift in the game and instead of travel to the past you travel into the future?!... Assasins Creed in a sci-fi city. :o
#24 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

No game for 2013? I'm surprised. I just kinda assumed the Brotherhood/Revelations team were working on something.

#25 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I bet it sucks like all the other games in the series. Ubisoft is Tonyhawking this franchise.
#26 Posted by Big_Pecks (5192 posts) -

No game for 2013? I'm surprised.

Thefatness16

Uh, no. This is a milked franchise. There's something coming next year.

#27 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

R4gn4r0k

lol

#28 Posted by ms555 (2660 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

No game for 2013? I'm surprised.

Big_Pecks

Uh, no. This is a milked franchise. There's something coming next year.

Exactly, im 75% sure we are getting ac next year as well. Ive never seen an annual franchise suddenely decide not to be annual haha. Ubisoft is only confirming a 2014 game as well to clarify that they want the movie and a game to launch at the same time
#29 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25139 posts) -
After 'mericans cry about killing 'mericans, the franchise will flop. AC 2014 will flop.
#30 Posted by mstrchf12 (246 posts) -
. And finally they have made a new engine for AC3 and I doubt they want that work go to waste, which it will as soon as next gen launches. So yeah.Sushiglutton
Not really. They probably made the engine it flexible enough to be scaled up to next gen systems. Even Frostbite 2 was supposed to debut next gen but it was apparently fast tracked and made to appear now.
#31 Posted by immortality20 (7955 posts) -

Why wouldn't I be happy? Ubisoft is one of the best developers around, making amazing games like Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed. The more quality titles they put the better. God are we really that jaded we're hating a game 2 years before it's out?

#32 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

They should just name the games by year.

#33 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

I'd actuallylove to see an Assassin's Creed movie. Honestly, it's the perfect series to make into a movie. It could be amazing if they pulled it off right.

But I'd rather they stopped making yearly releases and focused on a next-gen game set in the future that would end off the series as Desmond being the ultimate assassin.

I've always wanted a futuristic, Green Arrow-esque Assassin's Creed game with Desmond as the assassin and loads of technologically advanced equipment at your disposal. Free running from sky scraper to sky scraper and gliding ALA Batman would be absolutely amazing. That coupled with rain effects, amazing story, and tight gameplay would definitely be a great way to start off next gen.

#34 Posted by immortality20 (7955 posts) -

I'd actuallylove to see an Assassin's Creed movie. Honestly, it's the perfect series to make into a movie. It could be amazing if they pulled it off right.

But I'd rather they stopped making yearly releases and focused on a next-gen game set in the future that would end off the series as Desmond being the ultimate assassin.

I've always wanted a futuristic, Green Arrow-esque Assassin's Creed game with Desmond as the assassin and loads of technologically advanced equipment at your disposal. Free running from sky scraper to sky scraper and gliding ALA Batman would be absolutely amazing. That coupled with rain effects, amazing story, and tight gameplay would definitely be a great way to start off next gen.

XVision84

I think the team that built this game will be working on a next gen game next. The team that did Revelations will take over the next yearly game and hopefully their 2014 game will be next gen (damn will should be!). Don't forget they're also supposedly working on a new Prince game for next gen and we already know about the awesome Watch Dogs. Plus Splinter Cell is coming next year. Wow, Ubisoft is pretty big company!

#35 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

immortality20

I think the team that built this game will be working on a next gen game next. The team that did Revelations will take over the next yearly game and hopefully their 2014 game will be next gen (damn will should be!). Don't forget they're also supposedly working on a new Prince game for next gen and we already know about the awesome Watch Dogs. Plus Splinter Cell is coming next year. Wow, Ubisoft is pretty big company!

Yeah, looking at all the games they make on a year to year basis. They really don't get enough credit for what they do, so many quality games in such a little span of time.

#36 Posted by Chiddaling (9106 posts) -
As long as they don't make an AC game in 2013. Started to milk the series now I think...
#37 Posted by santoron (7404 posts) -
Surprised? Not at all. I think most people realized their talk of slowing down the release cycle was BS a long time ago.
#38 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7249 posts) -

Nope but I love AC so I don't mind and I think it will be a next gen launch title.

#39 Posted by Vatusus (4220 posts) -

Aslong it keeps selling it'll keep coming

Dont like it, dont buy it

simple

#40 Posted by BrunoBRS (73254 posts) -

R4gn4r0k

too late, street fighter already did that.