Assassin's Creed Unity Sneak Peak

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#102 Posted by santoron (8372 posts) -

Paris seems like a great setting for an open world game. Too bad it's wasted on this tired series.

#103 Posted by yokofox33 (30491 posts) -

Looks nice. Aside from Assassin's Creed 3, I can't seem to get tired of this franchise even though it remains largely the same. French Revolution sounds very interesting.

#104 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (808 posts) -

The game looks great and I hope the visuals aren't downgraded too much. It is not a cross-generation title (it seems) so there's hope. 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One? Lets see if this resolution gate lives on.

#105 Posted by charizard1605 (62754 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

The game looks great and I hope the visuals aren't downgraded too much. It is not a cross-generation title (it seems) so there's hope. 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One? Lets see if this resolution gate lives on.

Probably 900p on PS4 with 30FPS and 720p on Xbox One with 30FPS and dips, if it actually tries to achieve and maintain that level of performance throughout.

#106 Posted by Big_Pecks (5672 posts) -

Surprised that they aren't milking the ship battles until it's treading on dry land, but who knows. They could probably insert them in if they really want to.

#107 Edited by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

I really liked AC3. I didn't love it, but I liked it. Was still disappointing, for sure.

Therefore, when I heard about Black Flag, I had little faith that it would deliver.

And then, it did deliver, and my faith in this series was renewed, after two disappointments (Revelations and AC3).

I do admit, even though I am a hardcore AC fan, I think they should take a break. But....at least I don't think this game will be total ass. I am moderately excited for Unity, and anxious to hear more. I will almost definitely pre-order it (something I did for Revelations and AC3). Though, I am certainly being cautious about how much I expect from it. I don't want to put the bar too high. It will surely disappoint me if I have unrealistic expectations.

Bottom line: I wish they would take a break, because it would pain me deeply if this series does turn into COD. However, I will still pre-order it simply because of my own faulted loyalty.

Btw... I actually like that name. Yeah, it MIGHT just be a working title.... but I hope it's not. I like the sound of it. Assassin's Creed V: Unity.

#108 Posted by Seabas989 (11363 posts) -

Finally an interesting setting.

#109 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Looks nice. Aside from Assassin's Creed 3, I can't seem to get tired of this franchise even though it remains largely the same. French Revolution sounds very interesting.

Tbh, I have loved all the settings. Yeah, Colonial America was my least favorite setting, but all of them are depicted really damn well. It's what Ubisoft is good at.

#110 Posted by Ghost120x (4317 posts) -

No more AC for me, it's getting stale and the ai is still dumb as piss. I want to feel like an assassin. I want to poison peoples drinks and I want the guards to be so tough that stealth is a must. Also no more "counter then insta kill" combat.

#111 Posted by wis3boi (32078 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I think sniper and uninspiredcup are in a competition of who can post the most stupid in a day.

you say that as if they were different people

#112 Posted by Wasdie (50844 posts) -

Yup... that was either real-time or rendered in-engine. Why do I say that? Well if you look closely there are literally graphical artifacts and glitches you only see in real time rendering. Some of the tiles on the roofs of the buildings were flicking as if they had overlapping textures and the particle effects had incorrect shading applied which made them flicker as well...

That's stunning and has to be the Snowdrop Engine.

Holy shit.

#113 Posted by harry_james_pot (11234 posts) -

It looks really nice, hopefully it stays that way until release..

@g0ddyX said:

Cant go wrong with Assassins Creed.

AC 3 was terrible.

#114 Edited by nervmeister (15348 posts) -

An Assassin's Creed game set during the French Revolution/ Reign of Terror is a great idea IMO. Seriously, the whole "bash-everything-French" fad has clouded the judgement of some people here.

#115 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1149 posts) -

Finally a tue next-gen AC!!

not saying ACBlack flag sucked, since it is currently the best AC yet.

#116 Posted by SOedipus (7202 posts) -

Révolution française...hell yes! This is what I wanted since the 2nd game.

#117 Posted by WallofTruth (2308 posts) -

Why are people saying that AC needs a break? Because it doesn't. They said that they have worked for over 3 years on AC:U so when the game comes out it will have been in development for almost 4 years, that's more than enough time to make an amazing game and if you're tired of the series then maybe you should take the break and simply not buy the game, no one is forcing you to buy the game yearly so stop saying the franchise needs a break when it clearly doesn't.

#118 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17584 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Yup... that was either real-time or rendered in-engine. Why do I say that? Well if you look closely there are literally graphical artifacts and glitches you only see in real time rendering. Some of the tiles on the roofs of the buildings were flicking as if they had overlapping textures and the particle effects had incorrect shading applied which made them flicker as well...

That's stunning and has to be the Snowdrop Engine.

Holy shit.

Or they applied a lot of the snowdrop engines effects in the AC engine.

#119 Edited by IgGy621985 (5205 posts) -

AC during French revolution could be pretty damn good. Also, @ghostwarrior786, you didn't travel much, did you? :-)

#120 Posted by misterpmedia (4610 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

I'm in the same mind frame to be honest. The one thing I liked that had it going for Assassin's Creed was bringing a bit of history to life in a game world. Why do think people are eager to find out which era or event the next game will be based around next? It's interesting. Renaissance Rome is my favourite and I'm still waiting for Ubi to give me that Asian or Oriental game before the franchise up and ends. Come to think of it I enjoy most period set games to be honest. Technically they could keep going for ever if they played their cards right and kept it interesting in regards to setting.

#121 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

So Jade Raymond likes this setting because its french eh, i guess we will not get our Assassins Creed Japan anytime soon

#123 Posted by padaporra (3455 posts) -

I was just thinking, the two most recognizable monuments of Paris won't be built in the timeframe of this game.

#124 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5704 posts) -

@Wasdie:

UGhhh... Paris, really? How dreadfully BORING!! "We Surrender, We surrender" lol.... I'll persist with the french jokes, but my god, of all the places in the world, couldn't they go for something not done before. Paris was already done in the Saboteur.

#125 Edited by steamistrash (431 posts) -

They're starting to rehash this game like call of duty.

ubisoft should make a next gen speed devils game no racers today around like it with different events happening each lap.changing how you drive the track.

#126 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8224 posts) -

No Paris is so bland.

#128 Posted by IgGy621985 (5205 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Wasdie:

UGhhh... Paris, really? How dreadfully BORING!! "We Surrender, We surrender" lol.... I'll persist with the french jokes, but my god, of all the places in the world, couldn't they go for something not done before. Paris was already done in the Saboteur.

Paris is pretty damn great setting during the French Revolution.

#129 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

I feel very meh about this. They really need to try something new in terms of look/setting.

#130 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

AC during French revolution could be pretty damn good. Also, @ghostwarrior786, you didn't travel much, did you? :-)

what i am saying is the minor difference between the time period and scenery between italy and france are not going to translate into much difference in the actual game. its all going to feel very similar, just like all 50+ ass creed games which have been released in the last 5 years. burn it with fire i say

#131 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

No more AC for me, it's getting stale and the ai is still dumb as piss. I want to feel like an assassin. I want to poison peoples drinks and I want the guards to be so tough that stealth is a must. Also no more "counter then insta kill" combat.

the Assassins' believe that poison is the cowards tool. So they are forbidden from using it.

#132 Posted by padaporra (3455 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@Ghost120x said:

the Assassins' believe that poison is the cowards tool. So they are forbidden from using it.

Actually we use poison in most games.

#133 Posted by steamistrash (431 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFj2W-bl8Q

Speed devils>>>assassins creed.

#134 Posted by foxhound_fox (91188 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

They should make an assassin's creed game, where you can control a computer hacker and you can drive around the cities. It must also have a person of interest vibe and it must have ugly last gen graphics

#135 Posted by hehe101 (688 posts) -

As others stated I think this series needs a break so it can truly bring something new again.

#136 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Ghost120x said:

That's only because they got lenient.

#137 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Oh, so now Paris is a bland setting.

Makes sense to me.

#138 Posted by DocSanchez (2623 posts) -

Not coming to wii u!

#139 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Also, I've heard that London will also be a city in the game.

#140 Posted by padaporra (3455 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Ghost120x said:

How so?

#141 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Ghost120x said:

How so?

Any true hardcore AC fan would know how drastically the Assassin Brotherhood changed from Altairs time to Ezios time.

#142 Posted by AM-Gamer (5671 posts) -

@walloftruth: They need to come up with a better variety on there missions. If I have to tail a guy 30 times and eavesdrop I'm going to throw the game out the window!

#143 Posted by Star650 (4595 posts) -

Just bought AC IV: Black Flag with my PS4 today, so that will keep me busy until this comes out.

Hope they make the game more challenging. Don't know how challenging Black Flag is but will try it later in the week.

#144 Posted by stereointegrity (10897 posts) -

needs more downgrades

#145 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17584 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Wasdie:

Agreed, when a setting is done once in a video game, it should never be done in another video game ever again.

#146 Posted by padaporra (3455 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

Any true hardcore AC fan would know how drastically the Assassin Brotherhood changed from Altairs time to Ezios time.

How condescending.

#147 Posted by lunar1122 (688 posts) -

incoming downgrade!!!

#148 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

How condescending.

How deservingly so.

#149 Edited by padaporra (3455 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@padaporra said:

@Kevlar101 said:

How condescending.

How deservingly so.

Because somehow not being a what you call a "true hardcore AC fan" is demeaning?

#150 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8224 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: It is considering the past titles. There are plenty of other settings. Imperialist Africa, Samurai Japan, the deserts of Arabia, and British India.