Assassin's Creed Unity Sneak Peak

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by charizard1605 (56021 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Wasdie said:

The title "Unity" could mean they are using the Unity engine

That's what I thought this thread was about haha forgot it was actually called that. Terrible name

Rumour is the game will feature co-op and in that light I think it's a bit clever.

Co-op would be a fantastic addition to the series.

They could expand on the recruiting concept in Brotherhood with co-op, that would be amazing.

#52 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Wasdie said:

That's what I thought this thread was about haha forgot it was actually called that. Terrible name

Rumour is the game will feature co-op and in that light I think it's a bit clever.

Co-op!? Oh please let it be true! I've been asking for that ever since AC2 was announced :P

#53 Edited by Alcapello (779 posts) -

Should be set during tsarist russia.

Personally, I also wouldn't mind UK during the love ages.

#54 Posted by wis3boi (31114 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@wis3boi said:

Now that's a proper AC setting.

AC3 set in american revoution. it is set in france revolution. So original right??

game is going to be same ol generic crap with done to death gameplay climbing one button combat hero saving the world.

Are you mentally challenged, or do you seriously not know the difference between the American Revolution and the French Revolution?

I mean. Holy shit. The mind boggles. This might be the single most ignorant thing I have read on this site, ever.

#55 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Wasdie said:

Oh no as a concept it's completely fine and if it's Co-op that would be amazing and it's a good name then. Just meant usualyl games with Unity after the title means they're made in the unity engine

#56 Posted by Wasdie (49627 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Wasdie said:

Oh no as a concept it's completely fine and if it's Co-op that would be amazing and it's a good name then. Just meant usualyl games with Unity after the title means they're made in the unity engine

Which is why I first assumed Unity engine was being used but that makes no logical sense. A co-op game makes more sense.

#57 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -
#58 Posted by Wasdie (49627 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

AC3 set in american revoution. it is set in france revolution. So original right??

game is going to be same ol generic crap with done to death gameplay climbing one button combat hero saving the world.

Do you not know the differences between the American and French revolutions?

#59 Edited by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Now, now sean. Let us not be "engine racists" and assume every game with Unity in it's name is done with the Unity engine :P

#60 Edited by tonitorsi (8297 posts) -

New screenshots guys.

Looks too bombastic to be true.

I'll be impressed as hell if they pull this one off.

#61 Edited by charizard1605 (56021 posts) -

@tonitorsi: All the feed and screens are in engine (watch the high resolution trailer, you can see so many shadow flickers and other imperfections that confirm it's in engine), so they have a hell of a base to work with.

I am curious if they can achieve this consistently in game during real time gameplay though.

#62 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3686 posts) -

That looked killer... I will likely pick this and Black Flag up together when Unity releases. I like to play my AC in groups... I have done that from the first game for some reason... lol

I got the first AC near launch but didn't give it much of a chance until the 2nd one came out.... I went back and played it again and loved it. I have liked all the AC games I have played EXCEPT 3 (that's the one with the redcoats right? I did rather enjoy killing them though....)

Online gameplay is a complete joke though...

#63 Edited by Wasdie (49627 posts) -

@tonitorsi: Definitely a tech demo. Could be in-engine running on a super powerful PC. Doubt many people will ever play at that level of fidelity if anybody at all.

#64 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

Shows this. Releases the game with WiiU graphics but in 1080p. FK u Ubi.

#65 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

New screenshots guys.

Ubisoft Screenshots = bullshit

#66 Posted by tonitorsi (8297 posts) -

@tonitorsi: All the feed and screens are in engine (watch the high resolution trailer, you can see so many shadow flickers and other imperfections that confirm it's in engine), so they have a hell of a base to work with.

I am curious if they can achieve this consistently in game during real time gameplay though.

I am already amazed if this is all done in-engine. Big step from Black Flags.

Black Flags with the added patch on PS4 looked pretty mind-boggling. Also, the fluid dynamic shadows on the sneak peak are one of my worries that could be downsized for perfomance's sake now that Ubi is going to go cray with new toys and tech.

#67 Edited by tonitorsi (8297 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@tonitorsi: Definitely a tech demo. Could be in-engine running on a super powerful PC. Doubt many people will ever play at that level of fidelity if anybody at all.

What I'm worried about is framerate. If they can somehow maintain locked FPS with a good build coming close to anywhere near this, then its a done deal for me.

In any case, a hefty sizable increase in overall performance is underway now that Ubisoft isn't as limited with ancient tech. We should be expecting pretty neat things with mid-tier level cards on consoles plus legit optimization to iron things out.

#68 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11610 posts) -

Looks meh

#69 Posted by Wasdie (49627 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

What I'm worried about is framerate. If they can somehow maintain locked FPS with a good build coming close to anywhere near this, then its a done deal for me.

In any case, a hefty sizable increase in performance is underway now that Ubisoft isn't as limited with ancient tech. We should be expecting pretty neat things with mid-tier level cards on consoles with legit optimization to iron things out.

People are pretty quick to dismiss the PS4 and Xbox One as weak but the stagnation in tech has come more from a software side than anything. Very few devs were really using even powerful CPUs right. Multithreading has been lacking even in the past few years. Hardware on the PC has been going underutilized and companies just compensate for this by jacking up the power of the hardware while software has been slow to catch up.

We can partly blame the last gen consoles for keeping DirectX 9 around for so long which has been terribly underutilizing a lot modern GPUs. Now with the newest consoles DX9 is finally dying and devs are moving to DX11 and DX12 in the future which has far better system utilization than DX9 ever did. Combine that with the new consoles having 8 core processors instead of 1-3 general cores and games can finally start distributing their loads properly to really increase performance on even older hardware.

I think all of the modern engines are being built or upgraded around having 4 or more CPU cores which is a huge game changer.

#70 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11610 posts) -

#71 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

rinse and repeat. i swear every ass creed game starts of with a hanging and france is the same type of shit as italy so wtf is the point.

#72 Posted by with_teeth26 (6055 posts) -

Good lord another yearly release, they really need to let this franchise breath a bit, AC IV brought back some good will among fans, now they are going to capitalize on it.

I loved AC IV but I don't have any interest in this, especially since it seems it won't have the Naval aspect that made AC IV work so well.

#73 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

rinse and repeat. i swear every ass creed game starts of with a hanging and france is the same type of shit as italy so wtf is the point.

lolno

Study brah, study.

#74 Edited by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Yay paris....

They've done enough Europe they should've done Asia.

#75 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lolno

Study brah, study.

in terms of level design and looks its going feel very similar. europe is all the same shit

#76 Posted by princeofshapeir (13760 posts) -

Don't know what's wrong with everyone complaining about the setting. Ever since AC2, an AC game set during the French Revolution was what I wanted. It's probably the most-requested setting besides Japan.

And for people saying Revolution-era Paris is too similar to Renassaince-era Italy... lol. Clearly you failed your high school history classes.

#77 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lolno

Study brah, study.

in terms of level design and looks its going feel very similar. europe is all the same shit

Really?

#78 Posted by SteXmaN (370 posts) -

I hope that combat has a combo system.For instance,if you want to disarm someone or break the block you have a combo for that,not just a single button press .Perfect block for a counter should be timed and without instant kill,just a stun.

Stealth,maybe a crouch button this time around and hiding in shadows when it's night time.

Also the parkour,they have to change that climbing animation when he goes up the wall with his legs first,it is there since original AC ffs xD

#79 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lolno

Study brah, study.

Don't dig yourself in deeper brah. No need to reach Sniper levels of dumb :P

#80 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lolno

Study brah, study.

Don't dig yourself in deeper brah. No need to reach Sniper levels of dumb :P

france is right next to italy, its the same thing. running around teh rooftops in france is going to feel the same as italy. something like japan or egypt would have been a change but france? lol

#81 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3371 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I'm wondering if this is going to use the Snowdrop Engine. The title "Unity" could mean they are using the Unity engine but that doesn't make any sense since Ubi has pumped so much time and money into the Snowdrop Engine for their future games.

There's no way they would use Unity.

#82 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lolno

Study brah, study.

Really?

*central europe. and yeah i know france and italy isnt included in central but they are close enough. u really think france and italy were that different during the time period represented in ass creed? its the same shit

#83 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -
#84 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

Can not wait for this, I've been wanting one set in France!

#85 Posted by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

It's ridiculous.

Can someone remind me when Assassin's Creed 4 came out?

#86 Posted by wolverine4262 (19050 posts) -

This has already been posted.

#87 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@Cyberdot said:

It's ridiculous.

Can someone remind me when Assassin's Creed 4 came out?

November ish

#88 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3014 posts) -

Eh. Unless they actually change the core mechanics I'm never buying an AC game ever again.

#89 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786: lol just lol

i will have the last laugh muhahahhaa i guarantee it all the reviewers will say this is the same shit as before. they are prob just renaming ass creed 2 to unity and bam there u go

#90 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -
#91 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3872 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786: Just take quick look at this to realize the scope of what you're saying. You only need to look at the first chart too (cause if we include the other it becomes much, much worse) :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_architectural_styles

the graph just proves my point further, this time period is going to be bring nothing new to this boring tired franchise that needs to die. u got any more graphs?

#92 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -
#94 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

If we get graphics like that in-game, then i'm impressed. Assassin's Creed has always been a pretty good looking franchise.

#95 Posted by Vatusus (4433 posts) -

Damn it! Why do every time I say I wont be buying AC games anymore Ubisoft presents a new AC in an even cooler time period?... w/e, I'll buy this one but sooner or later Ubisoft wont have any more great historic periods to cover

#96 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand sniper has hit a new low.

This along the lines of stupid like that guy who said Einstein and Hitler were from different time periods.

New screenshots guys.

Agreed, if that is the final look of the game than my mind = blown.

#97 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

I think sniper and uninspiredcup are in a competition of who can post the most stupid in a day.

#98 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

Assassin's Creed has never suffered a downgrade yet, has it?

AC4 wasn't aiming for high. If we're to believe these are real ingame graphics then it makes AC4 looks like last gen crap.

#99 Posted by TwistedShade (3151 posts) -

Probably should stop speculating on graphics for any Ubisoft game period. They've pulled far too many bait-and switches to be trust worthy.

#100 Posted by padaporra (3393 posts) -

I hope they create a stealth system this time, because previously AC games don't have one.