Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Footage (Looks great!)

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

So it actually looks pretty incredible. Well beyond the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Ubisoft seems to be a wizard with the Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Show a comparison since you're making that claim. I doubt it looks worse than those versions though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm still waiting for Gamefly to send it to me. I'm hoping it runs a lot better than previous titles in the series have performed on the PS3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

Also, does the game offer the off-screen play function?

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Looks better than the Xbox720p version

Akakakaka

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

yes it offers off screen play

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
@KBFloYd said:

Awesome. Playing AC4 on the bathroom sounds pretty damn appealing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@freedomfreak said:

Yep

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
@charizard1605 said:

Yep

Nice. Good to see that Super Mario 3D World will offer it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@freedomfreak said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yep

Nice. Good to see that Super Mario 3D World will offer it.

Honestly, every Wii U game should offer it; it's the best use of the Pad.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
@charizard1605 said:

It's funny you mention that. It kinda works against each other in a way.

For example, ZombiU makes excellent use of the Gamepad. A port on any other platform would totally kill the game, yet it's impossible to offer off-screen gameplay for a title like that because it combines the gamepad with your TV.

Something like Zelda: WW is entirely possible to play on your gamepad because it only serves for inventory management and your map, which can just be accessed by pressing the inventory button on your controller.

So, like that, utilizing the gamepad to its fullest potential(ZombiU) kinda eliminates being able to play it off-screen because the experience demands both use of the gamepad and your TV.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@freedomfreak said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's funny you mention that. It kinda works against each other in a way.

For example, ZombiU makes excellent use of the Gamepad. A port on any other platform would totally kill the game, yet it's impossible to offer off-screen gameplay for a title like that because it combines the gamepad with your TV.

Something like Zelda: WW is entirely possible to play on your gamepad because it only serves for inventory management and your map, which can just be accessed by pressing the inventory button on your controller.

So, like that, utilizing the gamepad to its fullest potential(ZombiU) kinda eliminates being able to play it off-screen because the experience demands both use of the gamepad and your TV.

Yes; it's actually indicative of the bipolar design decisions that have gone into new Nintendo hardware.

For example, on the 3DS, they added in 3D and motion sensors. But to use one, you have to not use the other.

The Wii U is the same way, where they added a ton of great new features, but each feature cancels out another great feature.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak

@charizard1605 said:

Yes; it's actually indicative of the bipolar design decisions that have gone into new Nintendo hardware.

For example, on the 3DS, they added in 3D and motion sensors. But to use one, you have to not use the other.

The Wii U is the same way, where they added a ton of great new features, but each feature cancels out another great feature.

Exactly like that.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#14 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Looks good. This'll be the version I get.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts

Looks good, but i already ordered the PS4 version.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bigboi500

@TheGuardian03 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I'm still waiting for Gamefly to send it to me. I'm hoping it runs a lot better than previous titles in the series have performed on the PS3.

You made the wrong choice, while in the city the game runs at sub 20 fps on ps3. it's fine in other places though.

Oh, I wasn't clear with my post. I'm renting it on Wii U, not PS3. I just meant I hope the Wii U version of Black Flag would run better than other AC games have on PS3. AC 3 on PS3 was full of glitches.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@KBFloYd said:

Awesome. Playing AC4 on the bathroom sounds pretty damn appealing.

Let freedom ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Why does it look like the PS4 version?

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

AC3 looked better on Wii U when compared to the 360/PS3 versions.

This will be no different.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

#ThankYouWiiUbisoft

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

AC3 looked better on Wii U when compared to the 360/PS3 versions.

This will be no different.

Nope, that isn't the case at all.

With all four versions of Ubisoft's trilogy-closer out in the wild, the Wii U certainly stands its ground against the PS3 and 360 releases. Besides a broken depth of field effect that crops up during several cut-scenes, the look of the game is nigh on identical in terms of native resolution, texture quality, its shadow rendering method, and environmental detail. Even down to the shimmering of the ambient occlusion effect beneath fields of grass, and the odd dialogue glitches that appear in the other console versions, Nintendo's hardware certainly delivers a very faithful take on the experience.

It's only unfortunate that the frame-rate doesn't quite hold as steady compared to the 360 rendition, being more in the ballpark of the PS3 when chasing down the city streets, and marginally lower during some cut-scenes. This makes it the weakest of the trio in the crucial performance stakes, though they all have issues in achieving a sustained 30FPS where it's needed.

Credit - Digital Foundry

Looks are on par, but the framerate doesn't hold up. Next gen console can't even manage a decisive victory against 8 year old hardware...Yay!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bigboi500

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bigboi500

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MFDOOM1983

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

Quite honestly, I think all versions will end up looking very similar. I've been playing the PS3 version and it looks very similar to the PS4 footage they've been showing and rather identical to the footage you've just shown. It's a surprisingly gorgeous game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bigboi500

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

You're the only fanboy in this discussion doing the fanboying. And your posts reek of bias and inaccuracies, misleading information and tainted view points.

There's really no reason to go back and forth with you because you'll always refuse to give Nintendo any credit regardless of their position, and will always parrot from the standard forum fanboy bulletpoints handbook of bullshit.

Nintendo has unique, high quality titles that people like myself enjoy from past generations to present, there's no way for you to deny it, so you try to pretend that other systems' having larger libraries somehow negate that. Real gamers are more interested in games than tech specs, tend to buy and enjoy multiple systems and generally refrain from making up lies while judging games and systems they don't own and are not truly familiar with.

Don't forget, you're the one going to the trouble of spinning negative webs about a piece of plastic, and that I'm just defending against that nonsense and hatred.

Again, that makes you the fanboy. Self-reflection is always the hardest facade to break down to see the true self.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MFDOOM1983

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

You're the only fanboy in this discussion doing the fanboying. And your posts reek of bias and inaccuracies, misleading information and tainted view points.

There's really no reason to go back and forth with you because you'll always refuse to give Nintendo any credit regardless of their position, and will always parrot from the standard forum fanboy bulletpoints handbook of bullshit.

Nintendo has unique, high quality titles that people like myself enjoy from past generations to present, there's no way for you to deny it, so you try to pretend that other systems' having larger libraries somehow negate that. Real gamers are more interested in games than tech specs, tend to buy and enjoy multiple systems and generally refrain from making up lies while judging games and systems they don't own and are not truly familiar with.

Don't forget, you're the one going to the trouble of spinning negative webs about a piece of plastic, and that I'm just defending against that nonsense and hatred.

Again, that makes you the fanboy. Self-reflection is always the hardest facade to break down to see the true self.

Not seeing how direct quotes from Digital Foundry can be considered any of the following: bias, inaccurate and misleading. I mean, you quoted me because you took offense to what I was posting, right. There's no other possible explanation. AC3 on Wii-U does not look better and actually runs worse. I correct the gentlemen, make a little quip about Wii-U's weak hardware and you blow a gasket. Then attempt to accuse me of being the one who's taking things too seriously. Take a step back and take a look at yourself, man.

I never said Nintendo didn't make unique, high quality titles. I simply stated that indie studios have been at the forefront of games that I would describe as original, imaginative or unique this past generation. There's no denying that wiiware was a barren wasteland compared to the breadth of titles found on pc, xbla or psn. Their have been many reports of games like binding of Issac and super meat boy, either hitting a technical snag(size limit) or Nintendo flat out denying its place on the store due to themes Nintendo deemed questionable. That was last gen, but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now. Without those titles Nintendo has been left trying to shoulder the burden themselves. And judging by their output this year and recent comments this year regarding HD development; it has become quite clear that they're ill equipped for the task.

Lies? No, the wii-u is doing poorly at retail and Nintendo has done a terrible supporting the system with 1 party and 3rd party support. No lies here, buddy.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bigboi500

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Ding-Ding-Dong.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Well at least its on par if not better than the last gen console versions.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Ding-Ding-Dong.

Stupid Firefox keeps signing me into that account. I don't even want it anymore. :[

TheKazfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheKazfather
Member since 2013 • 193 Posts

@Capitan_Kid said:

Well at least its on par if not better than the last gen console versions.

kinda sad considering its supposed to be a next gen console :lol::lol::lol:

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bigboi500

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Not seeing how direct quotes from Digital Foundry can be considered any of the following: bias, inaccurate and misleading. I mean, you quoted me because you took offense to what I was posting, right. There's no other possible explanation. AC3 on Wii-U does not look better and actually runs worse. I correct the gentlemen, make a little quip about Wii-U's weak hardware and you blow a gasket. Then attempt to accuse me of being the one who's taking things too seriously. Take a step back and take a look at yourself, man.

I never said Nintendo didn't make unique, high quality titles. I simply stated that indie studios have been at the forefront of games that I would describe as original, imaginative or unique this past generation. There's no denying that wiiware was a barren wasteland compared to the breadth of titles found on pc, xbla or psn. Their have been many reports of games like binding of Issac and super meat boy, either hitting a technical snag(size limit) or Nintendo flat out denying its place on the store due to themes Nintendo deemed questionable. That was last gen, but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now. Without those titles Nintendo has been left trying to shoulder the burden themselves. And judging by their output this year and recent comments this year regarding HD development; it has become quite clear that they're ill equipped for the task.

Lies? No, the wii-u is doing poorly at retail and Nintendo has done a terrible supporting the system with 1 party and 3rd party support. No lies here, buddy.

Straight up lies. If you had a Wii U, you could log in to the eShop and see the ever-growing number of indie titles, the same ones you'd see on XBLA and PSN infact. I don't know why you're even talking about indie titles in the first place. As far as third party support goes, I'm seeing CoD Ghosts, ACIV, Batman, Rayman, Injustice, and numerous other third party titles this holiday season on Wii U along with the best new gen exclusive console line up this year, @ a much lower cost, with a better controller, with complete hardware-based backwards compatibility and no yearly online subscription fees.

I'm having a blast with Wii U games right about now, and 2014 is looking very good for games in genres I want to play. I'll also be enjoying a PS4 next year, and PC gaming to go with the handhelds, so I've no need to be hatin' on plastic appliances, dude.

Have a wonderful night.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The console versions look hideous. Can't wait for the PC version.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@MFDOOM1983 said:

Looks are on par, but the framerate doesn't hold up. Next gen console can't even manage a decisive victory against 8 year old hardware...Yay!

That's Ubisoft's fault for giving us a rushed port. And before the "hurr durr shouldn't matter next-gen hardware!", they managed to botch the PC version and have it only run on 1 core, making places like the harbor run at 10fps. Also AC4 is a solid port that looks and runs great, so it's obviously whoever did the porting job's fault regarding AC3's issues on Wii-U.

Aside from the general extras and no shimmering AO for the PC version, the gap between all versions is not larger by any means. You're overstating the frame rate drops. It's just like the PS3/360 version, where NPC heavy areas drop the frame rate, which 25FPS at the worst. Everywhere else is a solid 30 with vsync on all 3 platforms. It's the developer's job to make the superior product. You can't just throw code at newer hardware and expect it to magically be superior.

@MFDOOM1983 said:

but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now.

Then you're purposely ignoring the articles. Any time an indie or small studio said good things about the Wii-U, rabid fanboys tried to play it off as if it meant nothing. They're not EA, Activision, ect. Why care about their obviously biased opinion? Nintendo made a deal with Unity to give every Wii-U developer free access to the Pro engine so they don't have to spend the money to acquire that themselves, as well as a wealth of other free tools for developers. You're acting as if every indie title out there needs to be on Wii-U for Nintendo to earn of the status of giving a rats ass about indie developers.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Compare it to ps4. After all it's a next gen system isn't it? Of course it isn't.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I want to see it compared to the ps4,xbox one version, also see those compared to the pc version. Most multi plats I will buy on pc, it's just interesting to compare across all systems.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Looks great. I'll pick it up on PC though as it's £10 cheaper and looks even better. If I did go for a console version it would have been this one.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MFDOOM1983

@Bigboi500:

Uh, no, Wii-U's e shop had 19 releases this year vs. 55+ on XBLA for example. Even your not so sly attempt to exclude PC from the equation failed to help your cause. Listing 5 games releasing this holiday is noway representative of the amount of 3rd party titles Wii-U missed this year. Hell, Wii-U's 3rd party situation is so dire that you needed to include a rerelease of a game that came out this year just to get to 5. Lets not forget about games like BF4(just releases) and NFS Rivals not making it over.

This endless banter between us has grown tiring. Best to let the consoles speak for themselves in regards to 3rd party/indie support, right?

Wii-UPS3360

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 9.0Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0Bioshock Infinite - 9.0Metro: Last Light - 9.0
Rayman Legends - 8.0Metro: Last Light - 9.0Rayman Legends - 9.0
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - 8.0Rayman Legends - 9.0Grand Theft Auto V - 9.0
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 8.0 Grand Theft Auto V - 9.0Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0Devil May Cry - 8.0
E shop releases:Dead Space 3 - 8.0Dead Space 3 - 8.0
Runner 2 9.0Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 8.5

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 8.5

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0Tomb Raider - 8.5Tomb Raider - 8.5
Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5GRID 2 - 8.5GRID 2 - 8.5
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0

Diablo III - 8.0

Diablo III - 8.0

FIFA 14 - 8.0

FIFA 14 - 8.0

F1 2013 - 8.0

F1 2013 - 8.0

NBA 2K14 - 8.0

NBA 2K14 - 8.0

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - 8.0

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - 8.0

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - 8.0

Battlefield 4 - 8.0

Battlefield 4 - 8.0
XBLA 2013 Releases:
PSN Releases:

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 9.0

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 9.0

The Walking Dead: 400 Days - 9.0

The Walking Dead: 400 Days - 9.0

Darkstalkers Resurrection - 8.0

Guacamelee! - 9.0

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0

Darkstalkers Resurrection - 8.0

Terraria - 8.0

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall - 8.5

Terraria - 8.0

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 8.5

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall - 8.5

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 8.5

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 8.0

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 8.0

Sanctum 2 - 8.0

Sanctum 2 - 8.0

Hotline Miami - 8.0

Stealth Inc. : A Clone in the Dark - 8.0

CastleStorm - 8.0

Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5

Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5

Dragon's Crown - 8.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 8.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 8.0

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches - 8.0

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches - 8.0

Spelunky - 8.5

Total: 8 Total: 33 Total:30

The only list I have access to excludes A(7-7.5) titles, but I'd imagine that the gap would only widen if they were included.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MFDOOM1983

@ChubbyGuy40: I hope sheep don't plan to use the lazy dev dc this entire generation. When every Wii-u game from 3rd parties is trading blows with its last gen counterparts, then the issue has more to do with the hardware itself rather than lazy devs, imo. Historically speaking Ubisoft titles have been rather poor on PC, but what exactly does this have to do with a console? Especially, when you factor in that Ubi has been Wii-U's biggest 3rd party supporter.

Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.

Credit Watch Dog Dev

Doesn't sound like a significantly more powerful console.

Nintendo's take on indie games seems quite similar to 3rd party titles. They talk a big game about how much support they're giving them, then become silent and support seemingly drys up. Fool me onece shame on you, Nintendo...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#45 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I really don't like how most sites have excluded WiiU in their game comparisons.

I mean I can understand that no copy for a system means no footage, but the blatant rejection of the WiiU in Gaming Media is outstanding.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@MFDOOM1983 said:

I could see how this would make sense if you choose only one console to play all of your games on for an entire gen. Those games are on everything except for the Wii U, though, so no matter what combination you choose, you will still get to play them if you buy the Wii U and one other system. I already have a PC. If I'm going to buy a console, exclusives are the only thing that matters when making the decision on which to purchase. Why on earth would I care whether or not the system will be able to play games that I can already play on the PC?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By freedomfreak
@Zophar87 said:

Let freedom ring.

That is such an adorable avatar.

Zophar87