Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Footage (Looks great!)

  • 114 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (55661 posts) -

So it actually looks pretty incredible. Well beyond the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Ubisoft seems to be a wizard with the Wii U.

#2 Edited by Chozofication (2736 posts) -

Show a comparison since you're making that claim. I doubt it looks worse than those versions though.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Gamefly to send it to me. I'm hoping it runs a lot better than previous titles in the series have performed on the PS3.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

Also, does the game offer the off-screen play function?

#5 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Looks better than the Xbox720p version

Akakakaka

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (12976 posts) -

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

Also, does the game offer the off-screen play function?

yes it offers off screen play

#7 Edited by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

yes it offers off screen play

Awesome. Playing AC4 on the bathroom sounds pretty damn appealing.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (55661 posts) -

Not bad. I wonder what Digitalfoundry's take is on this. If the loading times hold up, I'm getting it on the WiiU.

Also, does the game offer the off-screen play function?

Yep

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -
#10 Posted by charizard1605 (55661 posts) -

Nice. Good to see that Super Mario 3D World will offer it.

Honestly, every Wii U game should offer it; it's the best use of the Pad.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -

Honestly, every Wii U game should offer it; it's the best use of the Pad.

It's funny you mention that. It kinda works against each other in a way.

For example, ZombiU makes excellent use of the Gamepad. A port on any other platform would totally kill the game, yet it's impossible to offer off-screen gameplay for a title like that because it combines the gamepad with your TV.

Something like Zelda: WW is entirely possible to play on your gamepad because it only serves for inventory management and your map, which can just be accessed by pressing the inventory button on your controller.

So, like that, utilizing the gamepad to its fullest potential(ZombiU) kinda eliminates being able to play it off-screen because the experience demands both use of the gamepad and your TV.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (55661 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Honestly, every Wii U game should offer it; it's the best use of the Pad.

It's funny you mention that. It kinda works against each other in a way.

For example, ZombiU makes excellent use of the Gamepad. A port on any other platform would totally kill the game, yet it's impossible to offer off-screen gameplay for a title like that because it combines the gamepad with your TV.

Something like Zelda: WW is entirely possible to play on your gamepad because it only serves for inventory management and your map, which can just be accessed by pressing the inventory button on your controller.

So, like that, utilizing the gamepad to its fullest potential(ZombiU) kinda eliminates being able to play it off-screen because the experience demands both use of the gamepad and your TV.

Yes; it's actually indicative of the bipolar design decisions that have gone into new Nintendo hardware.

For example, on the 3DS, they added in 3D and motion sensors. But to use one, you have to not use the other.

The Wii U is the same way, where they added a ton of great new features, but each feature cancels out another great feature.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -

Yes; it's actually indicative of the bipolar design decisions that have gone into new Nintendo hardware.

For example, on the 3DS, they added in 3D and motion sensors. But to use one, you have to not use the other.

The Wii U is the same way, where they added a ton of great new features, but each feature cancels out another great feature.

Exactly like that.

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3402 posts) -

Looks good. This'll be the version I get.

#15 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21452 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

yes it offers off screen play

Awesome. Playing AC4 on the bathroom sounds pretty damn appealing.

I think there is remote play on the vita as well, but wii u gamepad bigger screen wins though.

#16 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21452 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Gamefly to send it to me. I'm hoping it runs a lot better than previous titles in the series have performed on the PS3.

You made the wrong choice, while in the city the game runs at sub 20 fps on ps3. it's fine in other places though.

#17 Posted by Heil68 (43281 posts) -

Looks good, but i already ordered the PS4 version.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

I'm still waiting for Gamefly to send it to me. I'm hoping it runs a lot better than previous titles in the series have performed on the PS3.

You made the wrong choice, while in the city the game runs at sub 20 fps on ps3. it's fine in other places though.

Oh, I wasn't clear with my post. I'm renting it on Wii U, not PS3. I just meant I hope the Wii U version of Black Flag would run better than other AC games have on PS3. AC 3 on PS3 was full of glitches.

#19 Edited by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

yes it offers off screen play

Awesome. Playing AC4 on the bathroom sounds pretty damn appealing.

Let freedom ring.

#20 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Why does it look like the PS4 version?

#21 Edited by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

AC3 looked better on Wii U when compared to the 360/PS3 versions.

This will be no different.

#22 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11527 posts) -

#ThankYouWiiUbisoft

#23 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

AC3 looked better on Wii U when compared to the 360/PS3 versions.

This will be no different.

Nope, that isn't the case at all.

With all four versions of Ubisoft's trilogy-closer out in the wild, the Wii U certainly stands its ground against the PS3 and 360 releases. Besides a broken depth of field effect that crops up during several cut-scenes, the look of the game is nigh on identical in terms of native resolution, texture quality, its shadow rendering method, and environmental detail. Even down to the shimmering of the ambient occlusion effect beneath fields of grass, and the odd dialogue glitches that appear in the other console versions, Nintendo's hardware certainly delivers a very faithful take on the experience.

It's only unfortunate that the frame-rate doesn't quite hold as steady compared to the 360 rendition, being more in the ballpark of the PS3 when chasing down the city streets, and marginally lower during some cut-scenes. This makes it the weakest of the trio in the crucial performance stakes, though they all have issues in achieving a sustained 30FPS where it's needed.

Credit - Digital Foundry

Looks are on par, but the framerate doesn't hold up. Next gen console can't even manage a decisive victory against 8 year old hardware...Yay!

#24 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

#25 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

#26 Edited by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

#27 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

#28 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8719 posts) -

Quite honestly, I think all versions will end up looking very similar. I've been playing the PS3 version and it looks very similar to the PS4 footage they've been showing and rather identical to the footage you've just shown. It's a surprisingly gorgeous game.

#29 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

You're the only fanboy in this discussion doing the fanboying. And your posts reek of bias and inaccuracies, misleading information and tainted view points.

There's really no reason to go back and forth with you because you'll always refuse to give Nintendo any credit regardless of their position, and will always parrot from the standard forum fanboy bulletpoints handbook of bullshit.

Nintendo has unique, high quality titles that people like myself enjoy from past generations to present, there's no way for you to deny it, so you try to pretend that other systems' having larger libraries somehow negate that. Real gamers are more interested in games than tech specs, tend to buy and enjoy multiple systems and generally refrain from making up lies while judging games and systems they don't own and are not truly familiar with.

Don't forget, you're the one going to the trouble of spinning negative webs about a piece of plastic, and that I'm just defending against that nonsense and hatred.

Again, that makes you the fanboy. Self-reflection is always the hardest facade to break down to see the true self.

#31 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -

#32 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

You're the only fanboy in this discussion doing the fanboying. And your posts reek of bias and inaccuracies, misleading information and tainted view points.

There's really no reason to go back and forth with you because you'll always refuse to give Nintendo any credit regardless of their position, and will always parrot from the standard forum fanboy bulletpoints handbook of bullshit.

Nintendo has unique, high quality titles that people like myself enjoy from past generations to present, there's no way for you to deny it, so you try to pretend that other systems' having larger libraries somehow negate that. Real gamers are more interested in games than tech specs, tend to buy and enjoy multiple systems and generally refrain from making up lies while judging games and systems they don't own and are not truly familiar with.

Don't forget, you're the one going to the trouble of spinning negative webs about a piece of plastic, and that I'm just defending against that nonsense and hatred.

Again, that makes you the fanboy. Self-reflection is always the hardest facade to break down to see the true self.

Not seeing how direct quotes from Digital Foundry can be considered any of the following: bias, inaccurate and misleading. I mean, you quoted me because you took offense to what I was posting, right. There's no other possible explanation. AC3 on Wii-U does not look better and actually runs worse. I correct the gentlemen, make a little quip about Wii-U's weak hardware and you blow a gasket. Then attempt to accuse me of being the one who's taking things too seriously. Take a step back and take a look at yourself, man.

I never said Nintendo didn't make unique, high quality titles. I simply stated that indie studios have been at the forefront of games that I would describe as original, imaginative or unique this past generation. There's no denying that wiiware was a barren wasteland compared to the breadth of titles found on pc, xbla or psn. Their have been many reports of games like binding of Issac and super meat boy, either hitting a technical snag(size limit) or Nintendo flat out denying its place on the store due to themes Nintendo deemed questionable. That was last gen, but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now. Without those titles Nintendo has been left trying to shoulder the burden themselves. And judging by their output this year and recent comments this year regarding HD development; it has become quite clear that they're ill equipped for the task.

Lies? No, the wii-u is doing poorly at retail and Nintendo has done a terrible supporting the system with 1 party and 3rd party support. No lies here, buddy.

#33 Edited by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -
#34 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6524 posts) -

Well at least its on par if not better than the last gen console versions.

#35 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -

Ding-Ding-Dong.

Stupid Firefox keeps signing me into that account. I don't even want it anymore. :[

#36 Posted by TheKazfather (200 posts) -

Well at least its on par if not better than the last gen console versions.

kinda sad considering its supposed to be a next gen console :lol::lol::lol:

#37 Posted by Bigboi500 (29215 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@MFDOOM1983: A last minute port doesn't perform as well as on Wii U as it does for systems that had the game in long term development? You don't say... :o

Typical kneejerk reaction from a fanboy. Your post has shit to do with mine, but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Isn't it strange how 360 didn't see any ports of multiplats that looked and ran worse than their last gen counterparts? Despite devs complaining about slow updates to devkits and the entire online infrastructure failing for PS4 and XB1 prior to launch, I still don't see any multiplats looking and running worse. Devs faced with time constraints still manage to make these games look noticeably better. The difference between the 3 consoles mentioned above and Wii-U is that none of them have shit hardware. You might be able to get away with a few game looking worse but all of them? That shit is unheard of. In fact, the last console that had a similar outting was the original wii.

As usual you're talking a bunch of fanboyish nonsense, pretending that "teh powah" and multiplat titles are all that matters. Original games and exclusives are much more important to me. As weak as the Wii was, it was still able to get quite a large library of imaginative and fun games that weren't available on other systems.

Here you go again making System Wars bullshit to be some serious business. Nintentrolls like yourself are constantly going on about power, all while defending Sony and Microsoft and bashing Nintendo. Take a chill pill and stop hating inanimate objects because your hatred and amount of effort you put in to it is just a bit creepy.

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

You're the only fanboy in this discussion doing the fanboying. And your posts reek of bias and inaccuracies, misleading information and tainted view points.

There's really no reason to go back and forth with you because you'll always refuse to give Nintendo any credit regardless of their position, and will always parrot from the standard forum fanboy bulletpoints handbook of bullshit.

Nintendo has unique, high quality titles that people like myself enjoy from past generations to present, there's no way for you to deny it, so you try to pretend that other systems' having larger libraries somehow negate that. Real gamers are more interested in games than tech specs, tend to buy and enjoy multiple systems and generally refrain from making up lies while judging games and systems they don't own and are not truly familiar with.

Don't forget, you're the one going to the trouble of spinning negative webs about a piece of plastic, and that I'm just defending against that nonsense and hatred.

Again, that makes you the fanboy. Self-reflection is always the hardest facade to break down to see the true self.

Not seeing how direct quotes from Digital Foundry can be considered any of the following: bias, inaccurate and misleading. I mean, you quoted me because you took offense to what I was posting, right. There's no other possible explanation. AC3 on Wii-U does not look better and actually runs worse. I correct the gentlemen, make a little quip about Wii-U's weak hardware and you blow a gasket. Then attempt to accuse me of being the one who's taking things too seriously. Take a step back and take a look at yourself, man.

I never said Nintendo didn't make unique, high quality titles. I simply stated that indie studios have been at the forefront of games that I would describe as original, imaginative or unique this past generation. There's no denying that wiiware was a barren wasteland compared to the breadth of titles found on pc, xbla or psn. Their have been many reports of games like binding of Issac and super meat boy, either hitting a technical snag(size limit) or Nintendo flat out denying its place on the store due to themes Nintendo deemed questionable. That was last gen, but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now. Without those titles Nintendo has been left trying to shoulder the burden themselves. And judging by their output this year and recent comments this year regarding HD development; it has become quite clear that they're ill equipped for the task.

Lies? No, the wii-u is doing poorly at retail and Nintendo has done a terrible supporting the system with 1 party and 3rd party support. No lies here, buddy.

Straight up lies. If you had a Wii U, you could log in to the eShop and see the ever-growing number of indie titles, the same ones you'd see on XBLA and PSN infact. I don't know why you're even talking about indie titles in the first place. As far as third party support goes, I'm seeing CoD Ghosts, ACIV, Batman, Rayman, Injustice, and numerous other third party titles this holiday season on Wii U along with the best new gen exclusive console line up this year, @ a much lower cost, with a better controller, with complete hardware-based backwards compatibility and no yearly online subscription fees.

I'm having a blast with Wii U games right about now, and 2014 is looking very good for games in genres I want to play. I'll also be enjoying a PS4 next year, and PC gaming to go with the handhelds, so I've no need to be hatin' on plastic appliances, dude.

Have a wonderful night.

#38 Edited by princeofshapeir (13636 posts) -

The console versions look hideous. Can't wait for the PC version.

#39 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

Looks are on par, but the framerate doesn't hold up. Next gen console can't even manage a decisive victory against 8 year old hardware...Yay!

That's Ubisoft's fault for giving us a rushed port. And before the "hurr durr shouldn't matter next-gen hardware!", they managed to botch the PC version and have it only run on 1 core, making places like the harbor run at 10fps. Also AC4 is a solid port that looks and runs great, so it's obviously whoever did the porting job's fault regarding AC3's issues on Wii-U.

Aside from the general extras and no shimmering AO for the PC version, the gap between all versions is not larger by any means. You're overstating the frame rate drops. It's just like the PS3/360 version, where NPC heavy areas drop the frame rate, which 25FPS at the worst. Everywhere else is a solid 30 with vsync on all 3 platforms. It's the developer's job to make the superior product. You can't just throw code at newer hardware and expect it to magically be superior.

but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm from the indie community over wii-u. Nintendo still doesn't care about 3rd part support or indie developers, so you can see why I don't care about wii-u right now.

Then you're purposely ignoring the articles. Any time an indie or small studio said good things about the Wii-U, rabid fanboys tried to play it off as if it meant nothing. They're not EA, Activision, ect. Why care about their obviously biased opinion? Nintendo made a deal with Unity to give every Wii-U developer free access to the Pro engine so they don't have to spend the money to acquire that themselves, as well as a wealth of other free tools for developers. You're acting as if every indie title out there needs to be on Wii-U for Nintendo to earn of the status of giving a rats ass about indie developers.

#40 Posted by DocSanchez (1534 posts) -

Compare it to ps4. After all it's a next gen system isn't it? Of course it isn't.

#41 Posted by sailor232 (4366 posts) -

I want to see it compared to the ps4,xbox one version, also see those compared to the pc version. Most multi plats I will buy on pc, it's just interesting to compare across all systems.

#42 Edited by bulby_g (1019 posts) -

Looks great. I'll pick it up on PC though as it's £10 cheaper and looks even better. If I did go for a console version it would have been this one.

#43 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@Bigboi500:

Uh, no, Wii-U's e shop had 19 releases this year vs. 55+ on XBLA for example. Even your not so sly attempt to exclude PC from the equation failed to help your cause. Listing 5 games releasing this holiday is noway representative of the amount of 3rd party titles Wii-U missed this year. Hell, Wii-U's 3rd party situation is so dire that you needed to include a rerelease of a game that came out this year just to get to 5. Lets not forget about games like BF4(just releases) and NFS Rivals not making it over.

This endless banter between us has grown tiring. Best to let the consoles speak for themselves in regards to 3rd party/indie support, right?

Wii-UPS3360

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 9.0Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0Bioshock Infinite - 9.0Metro: Last Light - 9.0
Rayman Legends - 8.0Metro: Last Light - 9.0Rayman Legends - 9.0
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - 8.0Rayman Legends - 9.0Grand Theft Auto V - 9.0
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 8.0 Grand Theft Auto V - 9.0Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0Devil May Cry - 8.0
E shop releases:Dead Space 3 - 8.0Dead Space 3 - 8.0
Runner 2 9.0Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 8.5

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 8.5

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0Tomb Raider - 8.5Tomb Raider - 8.5
Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5GRID 2 - 8.5GRID 2 - 8.5
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.0

Diablo III - 8.0

Diablo III - 8.0

FIFA 14 - 8.0

FIFA 14 - 8.0

F1 2013 - 8.0

F1 2013 - 8.0

NBA 2K14 - 8.0

NBA 2K14 - 8.0

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - 8.0

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - 8.0

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - 8.0

Battlefield 4 - 8.0

Battlefield 4 - 8.0
XBLA 2013 Releases:
PSN Releases:

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 9.0

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 9.0

The Walking Dead: 400 Days - 9.0

The Walking Dead: 400 Days - 9.0

Darkstalkers Resurrection - 8.0

Guacamelee! - 9.0

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0

Darkstalkers Resurrection - 8.0

Terraria - 8.0

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 8.0

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall - 8.5

Terraria - 8.0

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 8.5

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall - 8.5

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 8.5

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 8.0

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 8.0

Sanctum 2 - 8.0

Sanctum 2 - 8.0

Hotline Miami - 8.0

Stealth Inc. : A Clone in the Dark - 8.0

CastleStorm - 8.0

Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5

Cloudberry Kingdom - 8.5

Dragon's Crown - 8.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 8.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 8.0

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches - 8.0

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches - 8.0

Spelunky - 8.5

Total: 8 Total: 33 Total:30

The only list I have access to excludes A(7-7.5) titles, but I'd imagine that the gap would only widen if they were included.

#44 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40: I hope sheep don't plan to use the lazy dev dc this entire generation. When every Wii-u game from 3rd parties is trading blows with its last gen counterparts, then the issue has more to do with the hardware itself rather than lazy devs, imo. Historically speaking Ubisoft titles have been rather poor on PC, but what exactly does this have to do with a console? Especially, when you factor in that Ubi has been Wii-U's biggest 3rd party supporter.

Wii U is pretty much in-between - it's neither of them, not current-gen, maybe closer to current-gen than next-gen.

Credit Watch Dog Dev

Doesn't sound like a significantly more powerful console.

Nintendo's take on indie games seems quite similar to 3rd party titles. They talk a big game about how much support they're giving them, then become silent and support seemingly drys up. Fool me onece shame on you, Nintendo...

#45 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24661 posts) -

I really don't like how most sites have excluded WiiU in their game comparisons.

I mean I can understand that no copy for a system means no footage, but the blatant rejection of the WiiU in Gaming Media is outstanding.

#46 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6917 posts) -

When your console's hardware impedes titles from coming over, then it's a problem. As a gamer, I'm interested in games. Since 3rd party software makes up 90+% of any console's library I tend to think of them as important. Fanboys that still put exclusives on a pedestal like their arguing during recess need not apply. Indie developers have produced the most imaginative and original titles last generation. Guess what console saw very few them, Wii. Guess what company seems to be the least concerned with Indie titles, Nintendo. I'm a PC gamer because I'm interested in titles that probably would never see the light of day on consoles. Sony is showing indies love this time around, so they have my attention.

I like how you're telling me to chill out after you quoted me for just pointing out some inaccuracies in another poster's claims. Yeah, I'm the one taking this to seriously. You start steaming over anything remotely negative about Nintendo.

I could see how this would make sense if you choose only one console to play all of your games on for an entire gen. Those games are on everything except for the Wii U, though, so no matter what combination you choose, you will still get to play them if you buy the Wii U and one other system. I already have a PC. If I'm going to buy a console, exclusives are the only thing that matters when making the decision on which to purchase. Why on earth would I care whether or not the system will be able to play games that I can already play on the PC?

#47 Edited by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -
@Zophar87 said:

Let freedom ring.

That is such an adorable avatar.

#48 Posted by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -
#49 Edited by freedomfreak (38836 posts) -
@Zophar87 said:

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

SW Best Avatar 2013 Award.

In the bag!

#50 Posted by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

SW Best Avatar 2013 Award.

In the bag!

I wouldn't go THAT far.

<_<