Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag>GTAV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

That's right folks, Ubisoft is back with another world class open world sandbox.

GTAV scored a 9.0 originally, but the multiplayer got a 7.0, and the game also got a second opinion of an 8.0

This averages out to an 8.0

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag got a 9.0/10.0, which places it as one of the highest scoring open world games of all time.

I think you know what I mean

We are truly humbled by #Ubisoft

kekekekekekekekeekek

Remember, Assassin's Creed IV was reviewed with the multiplayer component included, so the full package was a 9/10. If the single player and multiplayer had been reviewed separately for Assassin's Creed too, who knows, maybe the single player campaign might even have scored a 10

#2 Posted by donalbane (16201 posts) -

Well, GTA Online is worth the $60 by itself.

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

Remember, Assassin's Creed IV was reviewed with the multiplayer component included, so the full package was a 9/10. If the single player and multiplayer had been reviewed separately for Assassin's Creed too, who knows, maybe the single player campaign might even have scored a 10

#4 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

I think we have a GOTY on our hands.

#5 Posted by Omega-316 (783 posts) -

GTAV got a 9 because of politics. Because the reviewer didn't agree with what the game stands for. That automatically disqualifies her review of the game as not professional and not worth even mentioning.

GTA: Online is worlds ahead of the online for AC4. I put more hours in GTA: Online then a lot of other multiplayer games. AC4 online will be dead soon.

You want to see what game is better? Then you check the Metacritic score. That is the only score that matters in comparing games. Every other score is just that. "A score". Metacritic is "THE score".

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

I will likely enjoy it a lot, however, officially GTA5 got a 9 on GS. And got a multitude of 10's through the interweb. And it was one of most hyped games of the last few years. And the fastest selling game....ever. Really doubt AC4 is going to win much against GTA5.

Glad to know that Ubi are back on track though :)

#7 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2396 posts) -

no

Gta v is 10 btw.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (43431 posts) -

If AC4 is as as fun at GTA V, then I'll be happy.

#9 Edited by Omega-316 (783 posts) -

Exactly. The reason GTA: Online got a score of its own is because its a game of its own. Can you imagine what AC: Online would have scored? lol/10.

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

lol GS reviews.

#11 Edited by TheEroica (13301 posts) -

Looking forward to playing it.. Honestly, I'm partially excited to see how they handle the future abstergo parts, I heard it was a 4th wall breaking Coat hanger abortion... I actually wish they developed a better story fo lr these games that are set in such rich historical settings... But we're talking about UBIsoft here... Don't think I'veever played an uUBIsoft game I've walked away from thinking "wow, great story"... Sad. They make great characters though.

#12 Edited by TheEroica (13301 posts) -

@Heil68: yep... Same. I'm pretty good and addicted to gta right now too.

#13 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

I really doubt your opinion will remain the same in a month from now.

#14 Posted by aroxx_ab (9259 posts) -

Hell nooooo, i have not even been able to play that shit, everytime i try log in with my character the game/ps3 crash/freeze at same spot in the intro...

#15 Posted by princeofshapeir (13728 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I think we have a GOTY on our hands.

There isn't a single female lead in ACIV so that's impossible. GOTY will be either Gone Home or Ellen Page Simulator. Shitty games like GTA V and ACIV aren't worth accolades.

#16 Posted by chocolate1325 (32455 posts) -

I am surprised I thought they'd give it an 8 or 7 but a 9 was surprising considering it's Gamespot. Not saying it didn't deserve it in fact it's an incredible game from what I have played.