Assassin's Creed is back, good sign for Watch Dogs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (58258 posts) -

Although Ubisoft stumbled a bit with Assassin's Creed (with Revelations and III both being generally regarded as underwhelming), but Ubisoft recovered pretty darn quick, with first Far Cry 3 being an excellent open world game (and just a great game in general), and now Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag being called the best game in the franchise since Assassin's Creed II.

Does this spell good things for Watch Dogs, Ubisoft's ambitious cross generation open world new IP? It's been getting rave previews since it first got unveiled, but people got a bit disenchanted after GTA V's release, and then Watch Dogs' subsequent delay.

What do you all think? Is the success of Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed IV proof that Ubisoft can handle compelling open worlds? Does this bode well for Watch Dogs? Or was it probably cannibalized to allocate maximum resources to Assassin's Creed?

#2 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11920 posts) -

Ubisoft has officially claimed the title of best sandbox game developer of all time.

#3 Posted by Silverbond (16069 posts) -

LOL @ anyone hyping Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs

LOL @ anyone that still has faith in Ubisoft

#4 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Ubisoft has officially claimed the title of best sandbox game developer of all time.

R* says hi.

#5 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

Well. They will definitely add breakable windows.

#6 Edited by chocolate1325 (32539 posts) -

Ubisoft have 2 AAA games this year and 3 within the last year Far Cry 3,Rayman Legends and now this all well deserving of it.

#7 Posted by TheEroica (13709 posts) -

Watchdogs looks like a less interesting assassins creed to me... I pre ordered it for ps4 because it was new ip but the closer we've got to release the less interested I've been... Didnt help that I saw a completely underwhelming closed screening of 15 minutes of the game in its full flow and I fell asleep. (dat rain) dunno... Just not overly excited at this point. I do think that ubi has been on a roll... Don't forget Splinter Cell blacklist which was well received amongst gamers