Assassin's Creed Comet: Set in America, More Pirates!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yesterday, the French website GameBlog reported a number of details surrounding Comet and its story. A Redditor named GalakFyarr translated the article here. (Kotaku's Evan Narcisse used his French skills to verify GalakFyarr's translation, which looks about right.)

GameBlog's report claims that Comet will take place in and around 1758; that it will star a sailor named Shay who betrays the captain of his ship; and that it's set on the Atlantic Ocean. Comet, GameBlog says, will continue the nautical theme established in last year's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

We haven't been able to confirm all of those plot details, and some of it appears to be speculation by GameBlog. But people familiar with Comet tell us that this fall's last-gen Assassin's Creed will indeed be set in North America and star a protagonist named Shay, who is a member of the Templars, the assassin-hating order that has traditionally served as primary antagonist in the Assassin's Creed games.

We also hear that Comet will let you go to New York and do a great deal of sailing along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. One source describes the game as a cross between Assassin's Creed III and the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin's Creed IV. Sources also say that Haytham Kenway and Adewalé will make appearances, among other returning AC characters.

(Haytham, fans will remember, was the surprise character who players controlled in the early hours of Assassin's Creed III before assuming control of the lead character, the assassin Connor, Haytham's son. Haytham is himself the son of ACIV protagonist Edward Kenway, whose first mate, Adewalé, would eventually become an assassin himself. Haytham, notably, was a Templar.)

So it sounds like Assassin's Creed Comet (this is the game being released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3; Unity is for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC) will be set in the same era as Assassin's Creed III and IV: Black Flag; it notably seems to continue the nautical theme, and seems to have the same characters and story arc. Depending on how good it turns out, it might actually be worth it to get both the major Assassin's Creed releases this year. The playing as a Templar part sounds intriguing to me too. Still, Unity takes precedence, if I have to pick.

SOURCE

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

really more sailing?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

So it looks like they are really releasing 2 AC games this year...

Perhaps they'll release an HD version for PS4/Xbone and PC like they did with AC: Liberation

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Yup, two Assassin's Creed games in one year is exactly what this franchise needed to get me interested again.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I imagine they can re-use a lot of the same shit form AC4 in this game, keeping the cost down? I'm all aboard unity for PS4 though.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Two major Assassin's Creed games in one year can only mean the end of the franchise is near.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

But of course.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

It will be just like AC4 you can beat on that

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Yup, two Assassin's Creed games in one year is exactly what this franchise needed to get me interested again.

Good, because otherwise Ubisoft had to make 3 AC games next year.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Soon it will be 3 AC games in a year then 4 then 5 and someday there will be 10 AC games in a year.

the joy!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Booty pirates!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@finalstar2007 said:

Soon it will be 3 AC games in a year then 4 then 5 and someday there will be 10 AC games in a year.

the joy!

It's the new trend.

There will also be 2 FIFAs this year and there will be another BF too !!!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Yes, because there totally weren't two Ass Creeds released in 2012 or anything.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

> north america

Fucking dropped

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Ubi really needs to give this franchise a year or two break. Because I have a feeling this year will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

Ubi really needs to give this franchise a year or two break. Because I have a feeling this year will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Ehhh, I honestly don't think so. Unity is the main game, and all the marketing and focus will clearly be on that one, with Comet being relegated to the status of a side entry (think World at War: Pacific Fronts on PS2, or Assassin's Creed: Liberation on PS Vita). As for Unity, it looks fucking amazing, so I am not sure that people will really care there.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

1 game per year is not enough milking

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

So they're rehashing assets and game mechanics from a couple of their previous ACs to double down on the milkage. GG Ubi.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Yeah. They really need to come up with some new content to put into these games. They are already beyond stale. The game that is set in France looks better than this one, but I really doubt it's any better than Revelations.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

ew ew and more ew.

No thanks Ubi, you keep it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Ehhh, I honestly don't think so. Unity is the main game, and all the marketing and focus will clearly be on that one, with Comet being relegated to the status of a side entry (think World at War: Pacific Fronts on PS2, or Assassin's Creed: Liberation on PS Vita). As for Unity, it looks fucking amazing, so I am not sure that people will really care there.

I Honestly disagree. Now they're producing TWO. TWO AC games a year. No way Ubi will be able to keep up with consumers after this. This is when franchises start to kinda fall apart or fall stale. Ohh Comet didn't sell well? Luckily we have unity or vice versa. Also the games despite how good Black flag was are getting stale. This has literally become worse than activision with cod.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I Honestly disagree. Now they're producing TWO. TWO AC games a year. No way Ubi will be able to keep up with consumers after this. This is when franchises start to kinda fall apart or fall stale. Ohh Comet didn't sell well? Luckily we have unity or vice versa. Also the games despite how good Black flag was are getting stale. This has literally become worse than activision with cod.

Maybe. I think I am willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt to see how good Unity is. If Unity is as much of a disaster as Assassin's Creed III was, for example, I'd be more than willing to call for a franchise hiatus. As it is right now, Unity looks great, Black Flag was amazing, so I am willing to give them a little leeway for now =)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Maybe. I think I am willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt to see how good Unity is. If Unity is as much of a disaster as Assassin's Creed III was, for example, I'd be more than willing to call for a franchise hiatus. As it is right now, Unity looks great, Black Flag was amazing, so I am willing to give them a little leeway for now =)

I dunno. I do come around and say the same thing every year and end up buyin the game anyways. This year despite what i'm saying now, write this down for the record. I will not be buying assassins creed unity.,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I dunno. I do come around and say the same thing every year and end up buyin the game anyways. This year despite what i'm saying now, write this down for the record. I will not be buying assassins creed unity.,

Alrighty lol, I'll try to hold you to it :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@tonitorsi said:

Worst execution possible to try to spike interest on the franchise and keep the profits on high margins.

They are really walking on thin stuff here.

But lets talk real here, as long as Unity turns out to be legit...from a customer-benefit-point-of-view....they can keep quality f*ck-ups coming left and right.

Exactly!

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Worst execution possible to try to spike interest on the franchise and keep the profits on high margins.

They are really walking on thin stuff here.

But lets talk real here, as long as Unity turns out to be legit...from a customer-benefit-point-of-view....they can keep quality f*ck-ups coming left and right.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

why on earth make a game for last gen consoles only and release it next to your major next gen title?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wis3boi said:

why on earth make a game for last gen consoles only and release it next to your major next gen title?

Returns on investment. It's a low risk venture, they're reusing assets and stuff, and this gives them buffer with the much risker Assassin's Creed Unity, as well as other potential high risk projects such as The Division.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Good, because otherwise Ubisoft had to make 3 AC games next year.

Well then for your sake, I'll be triple dipping with both games this year. Don't say I never took one for the team.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I'll pass.. I've grown pretty tired of it already. If anything I'll just rent it through Gamefly.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#35 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I might pick up Unity. It will be the first AC game I will have bought if I do.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Boooooo.

The ship stuff was fun for one game, it didn't need to be in every single one. It's going to be in Unity as well, it's set during the French Revolution so clearly Napoleon and the Navy will be involved in some way. I just hate how they seem to constantly add ideas on top of ideas until you just end up with a bloated mess like Assassins Creed 3.

Hopefully they actually restructure and redefine, but with such short periods between games it seems unlikely they'll do that.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I guess it'll go the same way GH\RB went.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

That couldn't sound less exciting if it tried.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

America, the greatest country. And only two games in a year? Give me more.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Do not want. Series died after AC2.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

An Assassin Creed set in feudal era Japan would be freaking awesome.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@Shottayouth13- said:

An Assassin Creed set in feudal era Japan would be freaking awesome.

Only if they retooled the combat completely. Playing as a ninja assassin with the same old AC combat would kind of blow. A game with the same parkour controls and a complex combat system like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta would be amazing.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Still no word of a wii u version!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That's a lot of AC games. Good thing I like the franchise even if it is mostly the same core gameplay.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Meh.. the yearly releases were already killing my interest in the series

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@DocSanchez said:

Still no word of a wii u version!

Casual games aren't selling well at all on that platform, so I can't say I blame Ubisoft.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

still waiting for an assassin's creed game set on the sea of tranquility.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Another one?

The milking is so transparent with it too. Another pirate story and more ship battles. Give Ubisoft the money while they make the bare minimum requirements to rewrite history.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#49 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

People acting all surprised that there's two assassin's creeds for the holiday season but forget Liberations cane out the same year 3 (and 4 for HD version) did.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Do not want. Series died after AC2.

i know the series has its ups and downs but this is just stupid, brotherhood was a great game and so was ac4. Even ac3 was not THAT BAD.