Aside from good graphics why would anyone want to PC game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Controls are better on a PC.

Gaming keyboard and gaming mouse vs controller? are you joking me?

Try a racing game with a keyboard.

Controllers have their place, stop being so elitist.

Because we can't use controllers on PC??

He prefers mouse and keybaord. You'll see a ton of idiot consolites on this forum say they prefer a gamepad... are they not elitists too? Or is it only PC gamers?

He never said that was his preference. He made a statement which is some cases is wrong.

an out of the box controller is better for a racing game then a mouse and keyboard? are you f))))) joking me right now?

I love racing games. I play on PC. I'd never consider mouse and keyboard for that.

Number one - Wheel and pedals

Number two - Joystick

Number three - Microsoft Xbox 360 controller compatible for use in Microsoft Windows 7 Home 'Promium', for pros. Or a similar controller.

you are missing the comparision

Mouse and keyboard OR out of the box console controller.

Of course wheel and pedals are better and both are aviable on consoles AND PCs

Huh?

PC has both.... a plethora of choice, be it Mice, Keyboards or a Controller.

so your position is that a console is better because both devices has access to a wheel

That makes about zero sense.

mouse and keyboard > out of the box controller.

period

#202 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

He prefers mouse and keybaord. You'll see a ton of idiot consolites on this forum say they prefer a gamepad... are they not elitists too? Or is it only PC gamers?

He never said that was his preference. He made a statement which is some cases is wrong.

an out of the box controller is better for a racing game then a mouse and keyboard? are you f))))) joking me right now?

I love racing games. I play on PC. I'd never consider mouse and keyboard for that.

Number two - Joystick

Number three - Microsoft Xbox 360 controller compatible for use in Microsoft Windows 7 Home 'Promium', for pros. Or a similar controller.

Huh?

Hmm. I was replying to this part:

"an out of the box controller is better for a racing game then a mouse and keyboard? are you f))))) joking me right now?"

And yeah, I think an out of the box controller is better for a racing game than a mouse and keyboard, and I'm not fucking joking you my main man!

#203 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Number two - Joystick

Huh?

so your position is that a console is better because both devices has access to a wheel

That makes about zero sense.

mouse and keyboard > out of the box controller.

period

Ok i am now officially lost, i bid you good day sir.

#204 Posted by Jankarcop (8755 posts) -

PC has the most control methods period.

#205 Posted by Lucianu (9282 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@x1ps4life said:

This is why PC gaming isn't mainstream, the simplicity of a console can't be beat and the Steambox won't change a thing.

Since when are consoles mainstream? Even the most successful consoles sell at most 100+ mlns. Those are niche numbers. That's what consoles always were - a highy profitable niche. PC (and now mobile) is where the true mainstream gaming happens.

100 million niche? If thats niche then everything is niche. Consolites outnumber pc gamers at least 10 to 1 in the USA. Show some proof that theres 100 million pc's capable of playing multiplats.

It kind of is compared to the PC gaming audience, which encompasses absolute casuals like people bored in their office playing Solitaire and Minesweeper to professional gamers earning an income.

I mean, if we look at the MMO/MOBA market alone the numbers are staggering - World of Tanks is at 45 million registered users. League of Legends has 32 million monthly active players. WoW is at 7+ million registered users, DOTA 2 has 6.5 million monthly players, the ever so popular CS trilogy of games is at 3-4 million monthly players, etc. I've only listed a handful of online games, out of hundreds.

@Cranler said:

Example of niche hobbies would be birdwatching, rock climbing and cliff diving. I bet most people dont know one person who engages in any of those activities yet everyone know a console gamer.

Implying that everyone knows a console gamer is as pointless as writing nothing at all, to be honest.

I could say that literally everyone that i have ever known has a PC in their home, which is actually true, but it's just a worthless mention in the grand scheme of things because it's based on one minuscule individual (me) .

#206 Edited by 04dcarraher (18856 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

PC has the most control methods period.

And more of a selection of pron too =P

#207 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Number two - Joystick

Huh?

"an out of the box controller is better for a racing game then a mouse and keyboard? are you f))))) joking me right now?"

And yeah, I think an out of the box controller is better for a racing game than a mouse and keyboard, and I'm not fucking joking you my main man!

yeah its pretty safe to say without any question that its your opinion and not a fact.

just because you can twist that little iphone sized device doesnt make it better than a keyboard...it does however make the controller itself a little more intresting then a block of wood however I will agree with that.

#208 Posted by clyde46 (43232 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

In terms of racers, a controller is far superior to a KB/M setup. That is something you can't argue.

#209 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@psymon100 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Number two - Joystick

Huh?

yeah its pretty safe to say without any question that its your opinion and not a fact.

just because you can twist that little iphone sized device doesnt make it better than a keyboard...it does however make the controller itself a little more intresting then a block of wood however I will agree with that.

Oh yes absolutely. It's my opinion and I don't pretend it's fact.

I find this conversation so curious because myself, amd655, kinthalis, clyde - we're all enthusiastic about the PC platform, but it seems like you're defending the PC platform - there is no attack against you or the PC happening in this quote chain.

Yeah, someone can choose to play racing games on the keyboard and mouse on PC - they're welcome. They could also use one of the controllers I mentioned, so PC is certainly superior for inputs. I choose the 360 controller because I don't have a proper space to set up my wheel/pedals, but with a proper set up I'd obviously go for wheel/pedals.

#210 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

In terms of racers, a controller is far superior to a KB/M setup. That is something you can't argue.

I guess I will just have to take it on faith because from my eyes I see something about the size of my phone with about as many buttons as my mouse and you guys are trying to tell me its the bomb because it feels like a 2" wheel.

#211 Edited by clyde46 (43232 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@clyde46 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@AMD655 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

I guess I will just have to take it on faith because from my eyes I see something about the size of my phone with about as many buttons as my mouse and you guys are trying to tell me its the bomb because it feels like a 2" wheel.

You try using a KB to play Dirt 3, go on. Put your money where your mouth is chump. Analogue sticks and triggers is far better than a digital switch.

#212 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38110 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You try using a KB to play Dirt 3, go on. Put your money where your mouth is chump. Analogue sticks and triggers is far better than a digital switch.

There's many games I hate playing on my PC with a keyboard and mouse.

GTA

Batman

Assassin's Creed

Driving games

#213 Edited by DaBrainz (7602 posts) -

I don't care about graphics. I game on PC mostly because of the strategy games that you need KB&M to play. I also game on PC because steam is a good place to pick up those AAA casual games like bioshock that consolites make such a big deal about for $5 to $10.

#214 Posted by Jankarcop (8755 posts) -

jenna haze take it up her sweet little ass at the same time......#winning

lmao

#215 Posted by lostrib (30823 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

There's many games I hate playing on my PC with a keyboard and mouse.

GTA

Batman

Assassin's Creed

Driving games

GTA and Batman actually work pretty well on KB/M (idk about AC)

#216 Edited by AdrianWerner (27800 posts) -

@Cranler said:

1 out of every 100 makes for a hugely popular hobby.

Lol..no. What world do you live in? Ever heard of things like movies? Sports? Tv? Even books?

1% is a niche no matter how you slice it.

What's more...worldwide consoles are barely recognizable blip on people's radar. In most countries hardly anyone plays on them, as they are just super expensive niche toys and people have better and more important stuff to spend money on.

Heck, at this point tabletop gaming (board and card games) propably is much more popular than console gaming

#217 Posted by Cranler (7470 posts) -

@Cranler said:

1 out of every 100 makes for a hugely popular hobby.

Lol..no. What world do you live in? Ever heard of things like movies? Sports? Tv? Even books?

1% is a niche no matter how you slice it.

What's more...worldwide consoles are barely recognizable blip on people's radar. In most countries hardly anyone plays on them, as they are just super expensive niche toys and people have better and more important stuff to spend money on.

Heck, at this point tabletop gaming (board and card games) propably is much more popular than console gaming

Movies? You mean the entertainment medium whose records have been broken by videogames?

Sports? Lets talk revenue 2012

NFL ($9 billion) Major League Baseball ($7.5 billion), NBA ($5 billion) and NHL ($3.3 billion).

2012 video game industry revenue $67 billion.

So i guess the superbowl is niche then?

#218 Posted by WallofTruth (928 posts) -

Because PC can do worse lighting in Witcher 2 and also can do always on DRM and auction house, plus destroyed looting system in Diablo 3

Also it can do a complete absense of 60% of RPG gaming without a single JRPG

And has the terrible mouse/keyboard controls that are meant for work and not gaming

PC has more jRPGs than PS3 and Xbox 360 combined, fool.

#219 Edited by AdrianWerner (27800 posts) -

@Cranler said:ing

Movies? You mean the entertainment medium whose records have been broken by videogames?

NFL ($9 billion) Major League Baseball ($7.5 billion), NBA ($5 billion) and NHL ($3.3 billion).

Revenues? Really? What does it have to do with popularity and mainsteam appeal? An average luxury yacht sale generates more money than majority of games ever do. I guess according to your logic this means luxury yachts are more mainstream than videogames? Great thinking dude.

The last Superbowl was watched by over 100 mln people. One country, one single game and it's been watched by more people than bought any console this generation during 8 years in the entire world. That's mainstream.

#220 Edited by Cranler (7470 posts) -

@Cranler said:ing

Revenues? Really? What does it have to do with popularity and mainsteam appeal? An average luxury yacht sale generates more money than majority of games ever do. I guess according to your logic this means luxury yachts are more mainstream than videogames? Great thinking dude.

The last Superbowl was watched by over 100 mln people. One country, one single game and it's been watched by more people than bought any console this generation during 8 years in the entire world. That's mainstream.

First off, I lol at anyone who considers watching tv a hobby. To me a hobby is something that requires participation.

I dont consider for example, playing the guitar to be a rare hobby and video gaming is much more popular.

When every dept store has a huge section dedicated to a specific hobby and then in that same parking lot theirs a store that specializes in said hobby....Cant get much more mainstream than that.

#221 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

PC gaming today is about late releases, unfinished games (check BF4/Cod Ghost some of the biggest games of the year), and devs not wanting to release their games on the PC (GTA V).

Seems like all PC gamers can ever do is talk about how some average game like Crysis 3 or MLL has nice graphics, at the end of the days who really cares?

That's the difference between console gaming and PC gaming, consoles have the games with adequate graphics and PC has the occasional graphic pushing games all PC gamers like to rally behind despite the gameplay sucking.

Consoles are guaranteed to get all relevant AAA games, PC is not due to things like piracy and devs not believing the high end market really exist anymore.

Why would anyone want to PC game, most gamers are casual and don't care about the things hermits like to gloat about in a way to claim PC superiority.

All they really look like to everyone else are desperate nerds trying to justify their purchase on playing slightly better multiplats.

inb4 list of indie games.

Yes, I agree with you totally, all the best games are on consoles. PC gamers just like to build computers and nerd out about specs, they don't like games. I agree with your "desperate nerds trying to justify their purchase". I applause you. I love you. Watch them try to mod you, they will get together with 5 or 6 of their hermit buddies and try to ban you for warring on system wars.

#222 Posted by AdrianWerner (27800 posts) -

@Cranler said:

When every dept store has a huge section dedicated to a specific hobby and then in that same parking lot theirs a store that specializes in said hobby....Cant get much more mainstream than that.

Well..fortunately only a small number of stores worldwide have huge sections dedicated to console gaming and so few people play on those machines than if you would call it mainstream then that word would loose all of it's meaning. Even tabletop games are more mainstream than console games are.

#223 Edited by Cranler (7470 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Well..fortunately only a small number of stores worldwide have huge sections dedicated to console gaming and so few people play on those machines than if you would call it mainstream then that word would loose all of it's meaning. Even tabletop games are more mainstream than console games are.

An activity doesnt have to be popular worldwide to be considered mainstream. Console gaming is one of the most popular interactive hobbies there is, no two ways about it.

Where is your proof on tabletop gaming being more popular?

#224 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

PC gaming today is about late releases, unfinished games (check BF4/Cod Ghost some of the biggest games of the year), and devs not wanting to release their games on the PC (GTA V).

Seems like all PC gamers can ever do is talk about how some average game like Crysis 3 or MLL has nice graphics, at the end of the days who really cares?

That's the difference between console gaming and PC gaming, consoles have the games with adequate graphics and PC has the occasional graphic pushing games all PC gamers like to rally behind despite the gameplay sucking.

Consoles are guaranteed to get all relevant AAA games, PC is not due to things like piracy and devs not believing the high end market really exist anymore.

Why would anyone want to PC game, most gamers are casual and don't care about the things hermits like to gloat about in a way to claim PC superiority.

All they really look like to everyone else are desperate nerds trying to justify their purchase on playing slightly better multiplats.

inb4 list of indie games.

Yes, I agree with you totally, all the best games are on consoles. PC gamers just like to build computers and nerd out about specs, they don't like games. I agree with your "desperate nerds trying to justify their purchase". I applause you. I love you. Watch them try to mod you, they will get together with 5 or 6 of their hermit buddies and try to ban you for warring on system wars.

Love you too, no homo

Maybe homo

No homo

#225 Posted by -Unreal- (24474 posts) -

Looks like console kiddies are being destroyed by facts and non-subjective reasons as to why playing a game on a PC is just better than playing it on inferior console peasant hardware.

#226 Posted by Boddicker (2239 posts) -

More PC specific genres like Strategy, MOBA, MMORPG, and flight sims.

The recent recordbreaking Star Citizen kickstarter has more than proven that the demand for flight sims is still there. Time to dust off your flight sticks.