Aside from good graphics why would anyone want to PC game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

PC gaming today is about late releases, unfinished games (check BF4/Cod Ghost some of the biggest games of the year), and devs not wanting to release their games on the PC (GTA V).

Seems like all PC gamers can ever do is talk about how some average game like Crysis 3 or MLL has nice graphics, at the end of the days who really cares?

That's the difference between console gaming and PC gaming, consoles have the games with adequate graphics and PC has the occasional graphic pushing games all PC gamers like to rally behind despite the gameplay sucking.

Consoles are guaranteed to get all relevant AAA games, PC is not due to things like piracy and devs not believing the high end market really exist anymore.

Why would anyone want to PC game, most gamers are casual and don't care about the things hermits like to gloat about in a way to claim PC superiority.

All they really look like to everyone else are desperate nerds trying to justify their purchase on playing slightly better multiplats.

inb4 list of indie games.

#2 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

0/10 would not recommend to friends

#3 Edited by lostrib (31417 posts) -

Lol, are you serious?

#4 Posted by nini200 (9353 posts) -

Great Graphics

#5 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

0/10

#6 Edited by Vaasman (11123 posts) -

Lets go back to the level system, or maybe a 500 post minimum before making threads. Getting real tired of the 0 effort trolling.

#7 Posted by blangenakker (2054 posts) -

I game on PC because that is what I grew up with. I also enjoy consoles as well but since I am so accustom to PC that is what I focus on. Also my PC does all the other things i enjoy so yeah...

#8 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (964 posts) -

Mods /EndThread

#9 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

crysis 3 sucks

#10 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

Lets go back to the level system, or maybe a 500 post minimum before making threads. Getting real tired of the 0 effort trolling.

Post minimum plust ban/suspension of blatant trolling or a history/pattern of trolling. And they need to work on getting rid of bandodgers/previously banned accounts

#11 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

crysis 3 sucks

worse than crysis 2?

#12 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Sweenix said:

crysis 3 sucks

worse than crysis 2?

They suck about the same, infact the entire crysis franchise sucks :)

#13 Edited by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lostrib said:

@Sweenix said:

crysis 3 sucks

worse than crysis 2?

They suck about the same, infact the entire crysis franchise sucks :)

Crysis and Warhead are decent/fun, though I prefer the sections prior to the aliens. Crysis 2 was like a huge middle finger to the original game

#14 Edited by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

Not sure how these guys think I'm trolling.

New gen PC gamers don't understand what PC gaming used to be like (the best).

#15 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

hmmm, well this sounds like familiar trolling

#16 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

Not really, this isn't an actual troll thread.

Its a message to all PC gamers who act as if PC gaming is as dominant as it once was.

You probably weren't born yet but ever heard of games such as UT2004, BF2/2142, the original PC CoDs, Operation Typhoon Rising, FEAR, CSS, Half Life 2, Doom 3, etc.?

Those were PC oriented games that defined PC gaming

#17 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

Its a message to all PC gamers who act as if PC gaming is as dominant as it once was.

You probably weren't born yet but ever heard of games such as UT2004, BF2/2142, the original PC CoDs, Operation Typhoon Rising, FEAR, CSS, Half Life 2, Doom 3, etc.?

Well I own a fair number of those, so yeah I've heard of them.

#18 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

Will you atleast admit PC isn't what it once was compared to games of that era?

2002-2007

#19 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

2002-2007

If you're implying that it was worse, then no I wont admit that

#20 Posted by santoron (7404 posts) -

More high rated exclusives than the 3 last gen consoles could muster combined.

Several genres barely (if at all) represented on consoles

Choice of input method

Access to mods

Free online multiplayer

Cheaper Games...

Honestly, if you can't think of any reason to game on PC aside from the superior graphics/Performance, then COD and a console are probably great choices for you.

#21 Posted by X1PS4Life (243 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

2002-2007

Console convert, confirmed.

#22 Edited by lunar1122 (654 posts) -

i got this post saved for anyone that tries to tarnish the name of master race... Feel shame, feel very ashamed

While you consolites have big worries for future games and performance.. With the inevitable downgrade to 720p thats eventually going to happen to all next gen games to keep up with pc, Here is what i will be playing on my R9 290x

Assassins Creed black flag/Watchdogs/Titanfall/Witcher 3/Murdered Soul Suspect/Battlefield 4/Heroes of the storm/The Division/ Thief/Need for speed rivals/Project Cars/Project Spark/Dark Souls/The Jungle/ Star Citizen/ Wolfenstein/ The Evil within/ Dying Light/CastleVania/South Park stick of truth/Arma 3/Path of Exile/League Of legends/Dota 2/The witness/The Crew/Sims 4/ Mad Max/Mirrors Edge2/Battlefront/Batman Arkham Origins

For every Game Cube game = Dolphin Emulator

For every Wii game = Dolphin Emulator

For every playstation 2 game = Pcsx2 emulator

For every Super nintendo game = SNES emulator

For every nintendo 64 game = Project 64 emulator

For every Nintendo DS/GBA game= No$gba emulator

For every arcade game that was important in the 80's 90's MAME emulator.. Best version of killer instinct 1 and 2 is on mame.

For every Sega Dream cast game = Null PC emulator

For every IOS/ANDROID phone games= Pc got you covered as well, there is emulator for it

there is no stopping the master race.

#23 Posted by lostrib (31417 posts) -
#24 Edited by Couth_ (9915 posts) -

PC has a tonne of benefits. Not going to lie tho the last 5 or 6 titles I was looking forward to on PC are either buggy, unfinished or flat out lazy ports. Really need Dark Souls 2 and Project Cars to deliver

#25 Posted by gameofthering (9941 posts) -

I like to game on PC because it has the ability for far greater performance in games. I don't have to accept 20FPS in a game.

#26 Edited by KungfuKitten (20657 posts) -

You forgot more game, better games, better controls, bigger variation of games, better pricing, better online, better multitasking, backwards compatibility, open platform (modding,etc.), Essentially, you forgot everything.

#27 Posted by blangenakker (2054 posts) -

Do you play games? :3

#28 Edited by edidili (3446 posts) -

Games really. When I first switched to PC was because of first shogun total war, I discovered strategy games. Then some wrpgs, a MMO here and there. The thing was getting almost every console multiplat anyway so I didn't really felt like I was missing anything. It felt like you had more control over games, you could modify them, choose what custom server you wanted to play, crazy servers like 20 players on L4D. No fee for MP, emulators, switch between controller and kb/m, not having to deal with discs. All this talk now about consoles getting 60 fps, dedicated servers, the ability to have a video running in the side, playing or not your mp3 collection in the background, party chat. These were all things I took for granted since ages ago on PC.

So no it wasn't because of muh graphics. A PC just did more overall.

#29 Posted by WESTBLADE (271 posts) -

i got this post saved for anyone that tries to tarnish the name of master race... Feel shame, feel very ashamed

While you consolites have big worries for future games and performance.. With the inevitable downgrade to 720p thats eventually going to happen to all next gen games to keep up with pc, Here is what i will be playing on my R9 290x

Assassins Creed black flag/Watchdogs/Titanfall/Witcher 3/Murdered Soul Suspect/Battlefield 4/Heroes of the storm/The Division/ Thief/Need for speed rivals/Project Cars/Project Spark/Dark Souls/The Jungle/ Star Citizen/ Wolfenstein/ The Evil within/ Dying Light/CastleVania/South Park stick of truth/Arma 3/Path of Exile/League Of legends/Dota 2/The witness/The Crew/Sims 4/ Mad Max/Mirrors Edge2/Battlefront/Batman Arkham Origins

For every Game Cube game = Dolphin Emulator

For every Wii game = Dolphin Emulator

For every playstation 2 game = Pcsx2 emulator

For every Super nintendo game = SNES emulator

For every nintendo 64 game = Project 64 emulator

For every Nintendo DS/GBA game= No$gba emulator

For every arcade game that was important in the 80's 90's MAME emulator.. Best version of killer instinct 1 and 2 is on mame.

For every Sega Dream cast game = Null PC emulator

For every IOS/ANDROID phone games= Pc got you covered as well, there is emulator for it

there is no stopping the master race.

I just want to note that in the list of emulators is missing a great emulator for Playstation Portable - PPSSPP... I think there should be also mentioned that 99% of emulators can brutally improve the graphics of emulated games.

#30 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -

The TC has 10/10 threads posted.

#31 Posted by -Unreal- (24474 posts) -

• Cheapest games
  • Many f2p games
  • Best versions of multiplats by far
  • Much higher resolutions
  • Better graphics. Higher settings in games for better shadows, lighting, textures, lod detail, detail distance, draw distance, AA, AF, Tesselation, shaders, post processing, PhysX and more
  • Mouse an keyboard control
  • Choice of using a wider variety of controllers
  • Emulators for old games that make them even better
  • Free online
  • Wider choice of genres
  • The biggest backwards compatible library of games spanning decades
  • Most exclusive titles
  • Mods. Skins, sounds, models, maps, full game mods.
  • Smoother frame rates
  • Able to fix many errors and issues with games without having to wait for a patch from the developers
  • Upgradeable
  • Best quality for streaming games (PS4 looks laughably bad and sounds even worse)
  • Leading the way into new graphical benchmarks and heights
#32 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

devs not wanting to release their games on the PC (GTA V).

it's not about devs not wanting, it's about publishers setting the rules. in many cases it's about Sony or Microsoft spending big money to buy them as exclusives.

Consoles are guaranteed to get all relevant AAA games

like Civilization V? like Xcom: Enemy Unknown? like Starcraft 2? like World In Conflict?

all multiplatforms are superior on PC, especially shooters. for other games you can use a controller.

consoles are only good for console exclusives. that's it.

#33 Edited by godonholiday (340 posts) -

Mods

Variety

Control over graphics

Indie

Price of games

Sales

Bundles

Community

Upgrade when I want and what I want

Multi Monitor Game play

Emulators

Full media players / any format

Choice of controls, mouse and keyboard, xbox or other manufacture .. important to have one that feels right.

No limits, it can do anything you want it to do.. not what you are told you can do.

I missed strategy games like C&C etc..

Sim games like flight sim etc..

Oh.. reading this I might have to buy another computer! ;)

#34 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

I think the PC gamers who care about graphics are the ones that are missing out. All the good PC games dont need high end gfx cards. Playing boring generic easy short single player games like Crysis 3 only for graphics... thats just sad. You dont need a GTX780ti to play dota2 or what ever good PC games there are out there xD

#35 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Biggest library of games out there with genres that aren't even on consoles and it emulates mostly every console/handheld + makes them play and look better

#36 Posted by PS360Wii4eva (296 posts) -

@x1ps4life: lol. Guess you're now the next gen version of my username :) good one.

And yh PC sucks. No big budget exclusives that are appealing. keyboards are for typing and a mouse feels like cheating. Only good PC out there is a Mac

#37 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Troll thread, i await the closure of this thread.

#38 Posted by NoodleFighter (6939 posts) -

here you go

#39 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2680 posts) -

ROFL @ Hermit damage control task force in first few posts. :-D

You certainly got some good points TC, genres that used to be the domain of PCs (like RTSs, turn based strategies, dungeon crawlers) are pretty much non-existant (except the all time brilliant Starcraft 2) PC gaming went almost completely online and games that matter on PC are Dota 2, LoL, various MMORPGs, etc. There are a few (but very vocal - particularly here on SW) weirdos that really prefer to play typical today's singleplayer games like lets say Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls or GTA V on PC to consoles despite the interface as well as gameplay itself being terrible for M+K controls, but they are not enough to make the sales.

#40 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

Free online play and better control scheme for FPS games.

#41 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Strategy aficiniados.

Like me, but I sadly cannot afford to be a hermit.

#42 Posted by clyde46 (43437 posts) -

ROFL @ Hermit damage control task force in first few posts. :-D

You certainly got some good points TC, genres that used to be the domain of PCs (like RTSs, turn based strategies, dungeon crawlers) are pretty much non-existant (except the all time brilliant Starcraft 2) PC gaming went almost completely online and games that matter on PC are Dota 2, LoL, various MMORPGs, etc. There are a few (but very vocal - particularly here on SW) weirdos that really prefer to play typical today's singleplayer games like lets say Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls or GTA V on PC to consoles despite the interface as well as gameplay itself being terrible for M+K controls, but they are not enough to make the sales.

0/10

#43 Edited by naz99 (984 posts) -

Oh my god ...the trolling is getting beyond a joke...year after year these numpty fanboys just repeat the same nonsense in the hope that one day it may become true....can't they satisfy themselves with their consoles enough that they have to come here and try to troll PC gamers..even though we all know they are talking crap...

Lol it never fails to amuse me when people tell me the PC is dying and i have no games to play.....21 years of gaming on the same platform and somebody who has never touched it thinks they are qualified to tell us about it? lol

A few exclusives based on tired milked to death genres is never going to be enough to convince me to get a console.....why would i give up gaming in a garden of eden to lock my self in a ms or sony cell and be spoon fed what they choose to feed me.

I think most of us by now are happy with the choice we have made.

Ps F**k console fanboys and F**k teh so called Master Race

#44 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4337 posts) -
#45 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4337 posts) -

People dontĀ“forget to flag TC post so the thread can be closed.

#46 Edited by Wasdie (49293 posts) -

I've got a library of over 400 games on my PC spanning 3 decades of content. No console comes close to the amount of content available on the PC.

#47 Posted by RimacBugatti (1166 posts) -

I would like to see games like Ready 2 Rumble and Fight Night on PC. PC has a lot of potential but they won't produce. And I don't play simulators because the graphics are horrible at best. Metro Last Light was one of the best games this year. Gameplay lacked a little but overall it was great. Actually I want some more boat racing games on PC. Or a newer version of monster trucks. And some of the PC games that come out graphically look worse than the consoles in my opinion. Not the most popular ones but still they need to put more time into developing these games so that they are atleast comparable to consoles.

#48 Edited by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

@treedoor said:

0/10 would not recommend to friends

@lostrib said:

Lol, are you serious?

#49 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16429 posts) -

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

PC gaming is as dominant as ever. You list all those games, but what you fail to realize, PC is console. Us PC gamers don't have to start our gaming collection over like console gamers do when a new console releases. We PC gamers can still play every game you just listed. That is part of why PC is dominant. Then there are mods, control options, most of the console games are on PC and better, BC for pretty much every PC game out there, you get games for way cheaper and get way more free games (waits for that ignorant consolite to come in screaming PIRATE), and of course there is everything that PC does that consoles do not and can no do. But you keep on trying to downplay PC. I will just sit back and enjoy reading your silly thread.

#50 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@lostrib said:

@x1ps4life said:

@Sweenix:

Crysis 1 was the best.

2002-2007

Console convert, confirmed.

LOL If you think Lostrib is a consolite. You must be new to these boards....

BTW The original Doom and Doom 2 were the best Doom's. Doom 3 was horrible when it first came out and still kind of is without mods. While there were some awesome games that came out back then there are still some awesome games today as well.

Either you are trolling or you are a fakeboy.