Asahi: PlayStation 4 to be over 40,000 yen

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by finalstar2007 (24964 posts) -

$399? well i guess i could squeeze in another extra $50 since its over my budget and get one.. oh well its sony i'll get it launch day

#52 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]No thanks, because that would mean it wouldnt be as graphically capable as if it were sold for $400  and selling at a loss for example. This is a 10 (realistically, a 5) year investment. $300 pretty much gets you a wii u... Also WTF.. why would you want ascension on the vita for? Exclusive even :|  That seems like a stupid business decision. I want my God of War experience to be on a home console. 

Sony probably cannot afford to sell at a loss at this point. Doing so would run then into the ground, and they are already being scrutinized by stockholders. Making God of War: Ascension Vita-exclusive wood be a brilliant BUSINESS move, because it would force God of War fans to buy a platform that nobody really wants to buy anymore. You are thinking of this from a consumer's perspective. If you ran Sony, would you choose to do these things if it meant risking bankruptcy? I highly doubt it.
#53 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Certainly not terrible for launch price.

PhazonBlazer
:lol::lol::lol:Your Sig:lop::lol::lol:
#54 Posted by Exxite (171 posts) -

I can live with that. I bought my 40gb ps3 for 399.00 (+tax) in nov 2007. That is a good price. I'm mostly a pc gamer and the thought of dropping 599.00 (+tax) on a console was like no.

#55 Posted by finalstar2007 (24964 posts) -

I can live with that. I bought my 40gb ps3 for 399.00 (+tax) in nov 2007. That is a good price. I'm mostly a pc gamer and the thought of dropping 599.00 (+tax) on a console was like no.

Exxite

I bought mine for $580+ tax which ended up being over $600 >_>

i was young and foolish back then for paying such high price

#56 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]No thanks, because that would mean it wouldnt be as graphically capable as if it were sold for $400  and selling at a loss for example. This is a 10 (realistically, a 5) year investment. $300 pretty much gets you a wii u... Also WTF.. why would you want ascension on the vita for? Exclusive even :|  That seems like a stupid business decision. I want my God of War experience to be on a home console.  Zeviander
Sony probably cannot afford to sell at a loss at this point. Doing so would run then into the ground, and they are already being scrutinized by stockholders. Making God of War: Ascension Vita-exclusive wood be a brilliant BUSINESS move, because it would force God of War fans to buy a platform that nobody really wants to buy anymore. You are thinking of this from a consumer's perspective. If you ran Sony, would you choose to do these things if it meant risking bankruptcy? I highly doubt it.

well yeah..

As a vita/ps3 owner... there is no way i would want to play gow:A on the vita when i have a ps3 :/

I get where you are coming from...but i dont want compromises, simple as that.  Im not even sure a portable gow would even do wonders for the vita.. it might give a bit of a boost, but it doesnt have legs like mario kart.  I dont see how releasing it exclusive to the ps3..with a much much bigger install base and where the fanbase is predominantly is a bad thing when they will most likely sell 4million copies of it.

The vita needs help...but without a price drop and them doing something about the memory cards..i dont think the games will be enough.

Personally, i am ok with the lack of FIRST PARTY support for the vita, if it means the home consoles get the better games.

#57 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

The Deluxe model is going to cost $599. :D

#58 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
The vita needs help...but without a price drop and them doing something about the memory cards..i dont think the games will be enough.campzor
It needs a killer app. Ascension would have been perfect. Sure, the very few PS3/Vita owners would be unhappy they don't get to play it on PS3, but they would deal with it, because they still get to play it. There is nothing else Sony has at this moment in time that could save the Vita from it's fate, aside from GoWA. And they put it on PS3 exclusively. If I were a GoW fan, and didn't own a Vita, I'd be pissed to have to shell out money to get a Vita to play it. But hey... pissed or not, it made me buy one.
#59 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]The vita needs help...but without a price drop and them doing something about the memory cards..i dont think the games will be enough.Zeviander
It needs a killer app. Ascension would have been perfect. Sure, the very few PS3/Vita owners would be unhappy they don't get to play it on PS3, but they would deal with it, because they still get to play it. There is nothing else Sony has at this moment in time that could save the Vita from it's fate, aside from GoWA. And they put it on PS3 exclusively. If I were a GoW fan, and didn't own a Vita, I'd be pissed to have to shell out money to get a Vita to play it. But hey... pissed or not, it made me buy one.

OR, they dont buy a vita and then sony and the consumer loses.

Im a huge gow fan, maybe the biggest on this board..and having 2 exclusive psp games didnt make me buy one.

#60 Posted by lamprey263 (23188 posts) -
The Wii U 32GB sells for 30,000 yen, sells in US for $350, $30,000 yen to US dollars is about $320.65 by today's rates, 40,000 yen is $427.53, I guess Sony could sell it for $400 for a slight loss on the exchange early on, guess it depends on where the company is financially as well as production and distribution and retail costs, if they wanted to minimize loss off the bat then sell it for $450, maybe justify it if they can pack in a worthy game with it. Back when the PS3 launched the exchange rate was $1 per 118 yen, now it's $1 to 93 yen, given the stronger yen the 1:100 ratio price estimate might not work this time around with a 21.2% loss on the dollar to yen value. If it can sell for a flat $400 though that would probably make it more desirable commercially.
#61 Posted by Silenthps (7275 posts) -
~$100 more than the WiiU while being way stronger? They're gonna take some pretty heavy losses
#62 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

~$100 more than the WiiU while being way stronger? They're gonna take some pretty heavy lossesSilenthps

Not necesarily, Wii U controller boosts Wii U price considerably.

#63 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

$400 would be a great pricepoint IMO, any higher than that and I'd wait it out til a price cut.

#64 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3014 posts) -

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="campzor"] Better start looking for that third job.campzor
lol or just do some smart saving since theres at least 8 months before people suspect it will launch. even a crappy part time will get you there

1 (2 MAX, and thats pushing it) full week of work could give you the funds for a new console in Australia.

I guess you guys didn't get my Kutaragi reference...

#65 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -
if they are true this is great.
#66 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]~$100 more than the WiiU while being way stronger? They're gonna take some pretty heavy lossesNineTailedGoku

Not necesarily, Wii U controller boosts Wii U price considerably.

Pure speculation.

If you're using the price of a standalone Gamepad as evidence then it's false. A dual analog controller costs maybe $10 or so to make, the rest is markup. Controllers always had huge markups.

Wii U basic unit there is 25.000 Yen, and as indicated being sold at a small loss.

#67 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -
If the price is true then this is some generous sh1t alright, The specs despite being not high end, Definitely cost more than $400, All the rumours are screaming a SONY victory this gen. Also, It's better than Five Hundred And Ninety Nine US Dollars.
#68 Posted by Mario1331 (8816 posts) -

expensive, whoever says is not are kidding themselves

#69 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -

yeah id say 400$ is reasonable. time to start saving

#70 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

That is great news if true. Wii U is going to have to do a price drop if it happens.

#71 Posted by sailor232 (4445 posts) -

Pretty expensive, I'd say in NZ it will cost around $799 minimum, more than I'm willing to pay for a console, I could make another pc for that.

#72 Posted by emgesp (2082 posts) -

$399.99 is fine with me, especially since I paid $599.99 for the PS3 and felt I got more than my moneys worth. 

#73 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2525 posts) -

That is great news if true. Wii U is going to have to do a price drop if it happens.

lild1425

Yup. I actually think that both MS and Sony will launch in the 350-400 range.

Nintendo would be forced to have a price cut whether they like it or not.

#74 Posted by Snugenz (11816 posts) -

$400 is at the ends of my comfort zone.

Still, just a rumor.

whiskeystrike

Same here, any more and i can see myself waiting for a while. Unless the launch line-up is crazy good.

#75 Posted by Oil_Rope_Bombs (2671 posts) -
Eh, it's okay.
#76 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4533 posts) -

Expect the price of 500$ if we are taking into account shipping and transportation costs, local taxes

Probably 600$ for the countries with heavy taxes on importation.

#77 Posted by DevilMightCry (3478 posts) -
I spent $500 on my graphics card. So, I am quite fine with $400-500 launch.
#78 Posted by yokofox33 (29371 posts) -

400 seems reasonable, but it's still out of my price range. I'd have to see the launch games before deciding on a launch day purchase or not.

#79 Posted by emgesp (2082 posts) -

If you can't afford to spend $400 every 6-8 yrs for a new console then perhaps you shouldn't be gaming in the first place.  Jesus, I've gone through at least 3 different PC's in 6 yrs time. You have 8 months to save up a measily $400. Even a person working full-time at McDonalds could do that. 

#80 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

399 is perfect for me 

#81 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Im a huge gow fan, maybe the biggest on this board..and having 2 exclusive psp games didnt make me buy one.campzor
You likely didn't have disposable income. I had disposable income and bought a PSP just for DJ MAX. And Ghosts/Chains weren't mainline iterations. Ascension is. You must not be a big fan to not have blown your load over them.
#82 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

I probably won't buy any consoles at launch, but good price either way.

#83 Posted by Bazooka_4ME (2536 posts) -
Release it with MW4 at the same would be great.
#84 Posted by new_gamer244 (268 posts) -

If it will have 6-8 ddr5 ram, i will spend an extra 50$ on it. less will be a big shame.

#85 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

USD399 - USD450 is a good price range.. (unfortunately that will translate to EUR399 to EUR450 :( )

#86 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

If it will have 6-8 ddr5 ram, i will spend an extra 50$ on it. less will be a big shame.

new_gamer244

Do they even make GPU's with more than 4 gb of GDDR5?

#87 Posted by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

[QUOTE="new_gamer244"]

Pray_to_me

Yep. 6gb's are on the market, and 8gb's are launching soon-ish.

#88 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="campzor"]No thanks, because that would mean it wouldnt be as graphically capable as if it were sold for $400  and selling at a loss for example. This is a 10 (realistically, a 5) year investment. $300 pretty much gets you a wii u... Also WTF.. why would you want ascension on the vita for? Exclusive even :|  That seems like a stupid business decision. I want my God of War experience to be on a home console.  campzor

well yeah..

As a vita/ps3 owner... there is no way i would want to play gow:A on the vita when i have a ps3 :/

I get where you are coming from...but i dont want compromises, simple as that.  Im not even sure a portable gow would even do wonders for the vita.. it might give a bit of a boost, but it doesnt have legs like mario kart.  I dont see how releasing it exclusive to the ps3..with a much much bigger install base and where the fanbase is predominantly is a bad thing when they will most likely sell 4million copies of it.

The vita needs help...but without a price drop and them doing something about the memory cards..i dont think the games will be enough.

Personally, i am ok with the lack of FIRST PARTY support for the vita, if it means the home consoles get the better games.

Yup, I agree. Give me PS4 baby!!! Woot Woot.
#89 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]Im a huge gow fan, maybe the biggest on this board..and having 2 exclusive psp games didnt make me buy one.Zeviander
You likely didn't have disposable income. I had disposable income and bought a PSP just for DJ MAX. And Ghosts/Chains weren't mainline iterations. Ascension is. You must not be a big fan to not have blown your load over them.

I have tons of disposable income and am a huge Uncharted fan..I didn't buy a Vita either. Your answers dont account for everyone/situation.
#90 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

$399 US

#91 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

$400 is good. Hopefully that's the top SKU. There should never be a $200 price gap in SKU's.

#92 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -
As long as it stays under $400, I'm fine. I'll probably still wait to get it though. XBox 720 is also rumored to be $400+, so they will be pretty much on even ground.
#93 Posted by emgesp (2082 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

[QUOTE="new_gamer244"]

lundy86_4

Yep. 6gb's are on the market, and 8gb's are launching soon-ish.

Yep, once GDDR5 comes in 512MB modules.
#94 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

If that pricepoint is true and Sony beats MS to announcing PS4 first and PS4 still offers free online and comes out the same time or before I see the PS4 outselling the 3rd Xbox. If that all happened and it didn't sell the most, I would seriously question the intelligence of the gaming world. I already have had to question it a lot with people buying the Wii more than the PS3 and 360.